Amazon Marketplace buyer issue.

edavis0780

CAGiversary!
I've got a dispute with a buyer.

I sold a copy of WarioWare: Smooth Moves for $35 about a month ago on Amazon. The item description states:

"Game is in disc only condition. No instructions or artwork. The disc is in good condition and guaranteed to play."

The buyer left me a negative feedback and said that they did not expect a disc only game, and that false advertising is unprofessional.

Is there any way I can have the negative feedback removed by Amazon? Should I just issue a refund (even though it's almost a month since the sale occurred)?

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
the way amazon works is stupid. once the purchase is made, you cannot see the description anymore. so buyer something are unaware what they purchased and amazon rep can't see the description either. Also, most buyer don't both contacting the seller about it, and goes right to neg without sorting anything out.

Like its been said you are actually in the wrong. Condition doesn't matter. If you sell anything it must come with all parts, etc. If he does file a claim then you would lose hands down.

[quote name='Brian9824']Like its been said you are actually in the wrong. Condition doesn't matter. If you sell anything it must come with all parts, etc. If he does file a claim then you would lose hands down.[/quote]
But... then why do they have "Acceptable" as a condition?
It says "The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Sellers are required to note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field for the item."

Also, I don't know about the buyers, but the sellers have access to the item description after the sale.

Buyers are fucking idiots. How does this surprise you in the least bit man? Take the negative and keep the money. The more you try to fight it, the bigger the whole you will putting yourself in. Some idiot left me a negative feedback on eBay because the item I sold him was not what he expected. Even though the item was brand new and arrived there perfectly I was given a negative because he couldn't get it to work properly or he was expecting something different.

You can still respond below the feedback, right?

If so, I'd respond below it that the game was clearly described and the buyer should've taken the time to read it and leave it at that.

Educated buyers read that from sellers, and I know I personally wouldn't steer clear for a seller who posted that.

well.... i got a neg from a buyer in amazon 2 days after he bought a item (paid standard ship), which was shipped same day.

this is what he wrote... without contacting me first.

he has not shipped the item yet.

and of course, the item arrived the next day, and the buyer did not even have the decency to remove the feedback.

some people are asses in this world... and retarded buyers are one of them.

you'll be lucky if they read the description.

I hate dumb buyers. I wish I could compile a list of dumb buyers, send it to the government, and get them sterilized before they reproduce.

[quote name='62t']Just take the negative and be glad that the buyer didnt ask for a refund[/QUOTE]

This is the best solution. I get some horrible feedback on ebay from time to time, but the worst I get always come from idiot Amazon buyers. Here's some recent ones I've gotten:

Negative, 2/5: "Did not know how to contact the seller. I threw the item away. Couldn't use it. Not buying on line any more."

They bought a PC game, brand new.

Neutral, 3/5: "Although I was pleased with the price, I had no idea I was receiving a foreign version - the instruction booklet was in French."

It was an American version, just multi-lingual, because it's distributed in the US and Canada. It comes with an English manual as well...

Negative, 1/5: "needs more info on the os that the game can run "

Amazon publishes that information....

Negative, 1/5: This is disappointing! I was hoping for a great game, but was faced with a complicated set-up, and when I contacted the seller, I never recieved a reply. It is just sitting here, and is a total waste of my time and Money because I could never get it to load properly. Steer Clear of this one!

Again, brand new PC game, I never got a message from them...

So as you see, Amazon users aren't always the brightest of the bunch.

Amazon users, Ebay users, internet users in general. People really should have to pass a course before being allowed on the internet.

[quote name='Josef']Amazon users, Ebay users, internet users in general. People really should have to pass a course before being allowed on the internet.[/quote]Well, that would cut down on about 70% of the people mentioned above.

Guess we wouldn't have to worry about the Internet getting clogged, if that was the case.

No super-idiots for me yet, but some lady bought a game, said it wasn't working (it was) and sent me an email about it. I didn't get to it until five hours later, but by then she left a negative. Five hours?! The prompt says before leaving negative feedback to contact the buyer and try to work the problem out first. It doesn't say to send a token email, and then leave a vengeful negative.

She did remove the feedback though and I'm currently waiting for her to send the game back.

You can leave a comment on the feedback, right? Pop up one that says "description stated disc-only, please read listings carefully before purchase" or something similar. Then just let it go.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I always give more consideration to sellers who leave these kinds of comments, since it shows a certain amount of dedication to their customers by checking up on the feedback.

I just sold a game two weeks ago in the Amazon marketplace. Today the buyer claimed he didn't receive it and wants a refund. Delivery confirmation shows it was delivered on March 9. Anybody have tips on how to deal with this? I heard that Amazon always sides with the buyer. If he complains to Amazon can they take the money out of my bank account?

Sounds like this kind of situation is a common occurrence on amazon. This is the primary reason I've been avoiding it.

i sold a Mario Kart Wii to someone. Clearly stated "Only comes w/ game, case, insert and instructions." Got a message a few days later: "Will you be sending the wheel out seperate?" "No, it does not come w/ a wheel, it was clearly described in the listing." Got a negative feedback saying "Make sure you read the fine print." What fucking fine print!?!?! Idiots. Still have the persons address. One day i will go out there....

Is it just me or is this the norm for Amazon marketplace? It seems like everyone that's sold something has a horror story about some idiot buyer.

So far my worst horror story on Marketplace was as a buyer, and it really wasn't much horror at all. College just started and the professor didn't like what book we needed through the school's bookstore, so there was no opportunity to order the book before the semester started. So first day of class, he tells us what we need. I checked the bookstore price, then went home and ordered it used on amazon for $50 instead of $150 at the store. Anyways, a week later I finally get the book. I open up my package and discover it's the study guide. I don't remember how but I was able to pull up the sellers description and it was supposed to be the book and not the study guide. I contacted him, and it turned out he got the books mixed up. The guy who wanted the study guide got the book, and I wanted the book but got the study guide. So the seller gave me the other guys address and I just mailed him the book, he mailed me my book but he packaged it poorly. The book arrives with an envelop taped on the cover, the pages were all kinds of messed up, but whatever. It still worked for me, and I still sold it for about the same I paid for it.

But yeah, there's some retards out there. I sell ebooks on ebay, and some guy bought one from me, and then filed an 'unauthorized account access' though paypal within minutes of paying. So I just did the refund though paypal, and then on ebay I canceled his purchase and he agreed to cancel it so I got my ebay fee's back. Then I thought that was over, but a week later I get a negative feedback from him saying I'm a scam artist and my books are no good. I never emailed any books to him since he did the paypal hold within minutes of paying. I did the refund, it was like the transaction never took palce.

One negative feedback really hurts because it keeps all the other stupid people from trying to buy anything from you. Especially when it says your a damn scam artist, wtf. Usually I'll buy something as long as there's not a few negative feedbacks that are grouped together because that's when there's a problem with the seller.

bread's done
Back