Amazon Marketplace Issue, what should I do?

bomber991

CAG Veteran
Alright, well I just recently bought a new cutter block and foil screen for my Braun electric razor. It cost about $20.

Anyways, here's what happened. The seller shipped it with a delivery confirmation number through usps, and it says it was delivered on Saturday. So I go and check my mailbox and it isn't there. Sometimes for larger packages they put them in the larger boxes and leave you a key but there was also no key in my box.

So basically, the delivery confirmation say it was delivered, but I didn't get the item in the mail. I'm guessing either the person who mailed it might have wrote the wrong address on it, or more likely the post office delivery guy put it in the wrong box.

I did contact the seller and they said they'd file a theft claim through the post office, and tomorrow I'm going to check with my apartments office to see if they're holding a package for me, and also I'm going to go visit the post office. The thing though is that what I ordered is so small, it would just fit into a tiny padded envelope so I really doubt the office would be holding onto a package for me.

I'm going to have to ask the seller if they plan to either refund my money or send me a new item. If they don't I guess I'll have to try my luck filing a claim through Amazon. I've heard that they usually side with the buyer, but my case is a little weird since I have the delivery confirmation number that says it was delivered.

So I've got a feeling I'm going to be out $20 :(

I did a little more digging and I did find this on the site, so maybe I've got a slight chance of getting my money back:

Product(s) Shipped with Delivery Confirmation Tracking  Tracking Shows Delivery and Buyer Claims Item Not Received
The A-to-z Guarantee team will investigate the dispute. Amazon may contact the buyer to confirm non-receipt. If no receipt is confirmed, the seller may still be held liable for lack of fulfillment - Amazon will not cover service errors, including loss, theft, or postal/shipping issues. Amazon will, however, continue to protect sellers from fraudulent buyers and A-to-z Guarantee abusers.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=13832211&qid=1240369356&sr=2-1

Contact your local post office and ask them, they should be able to get in contact with the person who did the delivery and they may provide further help.

Of course, a mailman won't readily take responsibility for a misdelivered package so be careful as to what kind of info you give them. For example, if your house is the only blue house on the street than don't tell them "my house is the blue one" because than the mailman could easily say, "oh yeah, that's the one I delivered the package to" and basically avoid all blame.

But luckily, you ordered from Amazon and if all else fails, they'll take care of it. My bad, missed the part about the Marketplace seller... in that case, you should be ok. I think Amazon still covers those issues.

Ah I forgot to mention that I live in an apartment complex. In fact it's the first time I've ever lived in one. I assume that if the postal person delivers a package of mine to the apartment office that they would call me or leave a note on my door. Well like I said before the plan tomorrow is to go and ask the office if they got anything for me, and then if they didn't I'll take a trip to the post office and give them my delivery confirmation number and tell them I never received it, I'm not sure what else I can say to them.

I also noticed while I was digging around on amazon, they limit you to a lifetime limit of making 5 Claims when there's issues with your order. I'm just wondering what happens to people who buy a lot of stuff on amazon. After they've had 5 issues where they had to contact amazon, they can't do it anymore.

Ok, I'll post an update tomorrow about what happened so far, but one last question:

If the seller doesn't want to do a refund or ship out another one, then I should file an amazon claim correct?

What they are "supposed" to do, or this is what I always thought, was that if the person wasn't home at the time, instead of leaving it there for someone to steal, they'd write a pink slip so you go down to the PO and pick it up w/ and ID and proof of address........

If a package doesn't fit in the mailbox, the postman has two options.
1) If he/she deems the area is safe, they can leave it at your front porch or if you live in an apartment building, they can leave it at your door.
2) If he/she deems the area is not safe and the package might be stolen, they leave the slip and have you pick it up (or you can request a re-delivery).

I think those are their options.

There could also be another possibility that someone may have actually jacked your package. I sent a package to a buyer with delivery confirmation and everything and it was delivered, but the buyer contacted me a few days later and asked me where the package was. He pretty much filed a claim with USPS, and I havent really heard back from it since. I mean packages do get stolen, especially if youre in an apartment complex, which my buyer was living in too.

That's why they are supposed to leave a pink slip. I'm good friends with the postal guy on my street, if I'm ever expecting a package, he says if I'm not around he'll leave a slip so I can go pick it up in town so no funny business happens.

Any kind of package. Wether it be a bubble mailer, a box, etc. Although bubble mailers could be left in the box.

Most postal men I'd imagine would leave a slip, rather then losing their job over a stolen package.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']if they have proof that the item was delivered, you're out $20...i would just eat it and save the A-Z claim[/QUOTE]

Actually, not necessarily for Amazon. Amazon requires signature confirmation in order to determine if the item was delivered.

I had the same basic thing happen to me recently (but with a few games I bought on eBay). Delivery Confirmation says it was delivered, but I never got it. It wasn't at the apartment office, they didn't leave me a key to one of the bigger mailboxes, and they didn't leave me one of the slips to pick it up. I talked to my apartment manager and the post office, but it looks like my package was either lost, or delivered to the wrong person (and that person stole it).

Best of luck to you OP. I hope it works out for you.

[quote name='Josef']Actually, not necessarily for Amazon. Amazon requires signature confirmation in order to determine if the item was delivered.[/quote]

not so sure about that. I ordered a refurb logitech remote from Amazon and the UPS guy just left it at my door. I think it's just up to the driver of what to do with it. FYI you might just want to tell the shipping company the company it's coming from when you ask them about it. My local USPS delivered the item to the wrong house and luckily the guy it was sent to was a couple of houses down. He just walked over and left it at my door the next day but not before I talked to the post office, using that same method, and they told me it was delivered to that other house.

Bonus that he was actually a sheriff :D

[quote name='XeroKaizoku']not so sure about that. I ordered a refurb logitech remote from Amazon and the UPS guy just left it at my door. I think it's just up to the driver of what to do with it. FYI you might just want to tell the shipping company the company it's coming from when you ask them about it. My local USPS delivered the item to the wrong house and luckily the guy it was sent to was a couple of houses down. He just walked over and left it at my door the next day but not before I talked to the post office, using that same method, and they told me it was delivered to that other house.

Bonus that he was actually a sheriff :D[/QUOTE]

Oh your seller could have certainly used Delivery Confirmation, and the DC# would have shown it was delivered (just not to you). Let's assume you never got the item. If you would've opened a dispute with Amazon you probably would have won since the seller didn't use Signature Confirmation to prove you actually signed for and got it.

At least that is my interpretation of Amazon's policy. Anyone else have any first hand experience with it?

[quote name='scott2hotcott']I had the same basic thing happen to me recently (but with a few games I bought on eBay). Delivery Confirmation says it was delivered, but I never got it. It wasn't at the apartment office, they didn't leave me a key to one of the bigger mailboxes, and they didn't leave me one of the slips to pick it up.
344.jpg
I talked to my apartment manager and the post office, but it looks like my package was either lost, or delivered to the wrong person (and that person stole it).

Best of luck to you OP. I hope it works out for you.[/quote]
That happened to me one time.. I order something off ebay and got sent to a different address with the same last name.. needless to say I never got my item.. even though I had shipping insurance, it wasnt worth the hassle.. The item only cost me $10.

Since it's only $20, I'd recommend just letting it go. Sure, Amazon would probably side with you, but you can only use their money back service five times. EVER. I wouldn't waste a use on something so cheap.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Since it's only $20, I'd recommend just letting it go. Sure, Amazon would probably side with you, but you can only use their money back service five times. EVER. I wouldn't waste a use on something so cheap.[/quote]

Five times to have the problem is actually a lot. I'd say no signature, no delivery.

N.gif

bread's done
Back