14 (100%)
Matching the ads from 11/2:

:ps3:Resistance 2 w/$10 gift card
:ps3:Resistance: Fall Of Man $19.99
:pc:Crysis Warhead $19.99
:pc:NHL 09 $29.99
iconamazon.gif
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace (PS3/360) w/$15 voucher offer

Anyone who doesn't have Resistance yet needs to buy it. That game is phenomenal, and by far one of the best games on the PS3.

[quote name='Camwi']Anyone who doesn't have Resistance yet needs to buy it. That game is phenomenal, and by far one of the best games on the PS3.[/quote]

I played the demo and thought it blew ass. Terrible graphics, and so-so gameplay, and the worst controls ever. I played R2 beta and thought it was pretty horrible too. They both feel like a bad rip off of Half-Life.

FPS games and consoles are just a bad idea all around. That is my 2 cents anyways. If you want to play a real FPS game, buy a PC. It is WAY better.

[quote name='MattVid']I played the demo and thought it blew ass. Terrible graphics, and so-so gameplay, and the worst controls ever. I played R2 beta and thought it was pretty horrible too. They both feel like a bad rip off of Half-Life.

FPS games and consoles are just a bad idea all around. That is my 2 cents anyways. If you want to play a real FPS game, buy a PC. It is WAY better.[/quote]

For a console shooter it was solid, and for a long time one of the few really quality titles on the PS3. I played through it twice (on Hard then on the Insane or whatever the unlocked one is called) with a friend and it's definitely amusing.

[quote name='johnmirra']too bad they arent matching the 1600 point card with Gears 2[/quote]

They would loss alot of money if they did that. They proble already had about 50,000 plus pre-orders. Plus there trying to move product that dosen't sell that good exculding Resistance 2

[quote name='buckythekat']too bad they aren't matching the $10 gift card with Resistance 2 CE :whistle2:([/quote]
I can feel your pain too :wall:

Aren't we all tired of FPS on consoles or PC by now? These days, 8 out of 10 games released are fps. It's just getting ridiculous. That said, it didn't stop me from buying Dark Sector PS3 3rd person shooter, Unreal Tourney 3 PS3, Perfect Dark Zero 360, Prey 360, The Darkness 360 on the cheap in the last few weeks. FPS are only worth that much, because they are dime a dozen. I did have Gears 2 on preorder but that's only because my friends want to play with me early and it's actually a 3rd person shooter, which I prefer over FPS. Otherwise, I won't pay that kind of price for games in this overcrowded genre. Games like Ninja Gaiden 2 or Little Big Planet at $59.99 with $10 giftcard, I'm more than happy to pay at launch.

Bottom line, if you are all as tired as me in this genre, we need to stop buying boatloads of these games at or near launch even though they are AAA titles so that these companies will realize we had enough of these games and want something new and better (no, I don't mean the Wii which I have too... only using it as a semi exercising machine with Fit cause it only has a hand full of "real" games). But I could be all alone on this one as there are just too many gaming zombies that will keep buying these FPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
eh - I thought R2 was 48.99 after a 5 off discount yesterday from Amazon? I'm waiting on my two 10$ GCs from my LBP and Fable II preorders before I get it anyway.

I'm male, 32 and married and still gaming - been playing fps for many, many years - I guess since they started. Right now I'm solely playing them on consoles and enjoying myself. I was pretty hardcore quake 2 on dial-up! and the first unreal tourney and then fragball stuff on UT 2003ish? Played my share of counterstrike and TFC also. Thing is - I'm not really tired of FPS. I still enjoy them. I thought Resistance was solid. I think COD4 is kinda like a pinnacle of simple, straightforward multiplayer FPS competitive gaming. I think there ARE innovative FPS things going on like what was done with Portal.

haha your probably right - that's another fps I'm looking forward to getting! Guess I got the two confused!

[quote name='Camwi']Anyone who doesn't have Resistance yet needs to buy it. That game is phenomenal, and by far one of the best games on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

That's not saying much...even as a new ps3 owner myself

^ Liar

[quote name='buckythekat']too bad they aren't matching the $10 gift card with Resistance 2 CE :whistle2:([/quote]
I know! I wish they would offer it for the CE, that would make my decision so much easier, then again, tax free and free 2-day shipping also is pretty cool, I just worry about cosmetic damage :/

[quote name='Foo228']That's not saying much...even as a new ps3 owner myself[/QUOTE]

Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

Personally, I think the system has a lot of awesome games.

bread's done
Back