Amazon matches Target on $50 credit with Star Wars Kinect Bundle

[quote name='infamy']

How much do you guys think the kinect will go for?[/QUOTE]

If you unload both the kinect and the star wars game together, you might get $140-160 on ebay before shipping cost and fees. There is currently one auction for both the white Kinect and the Star wars game with a bid at $150 with free shipping.

You could always unload the FF13 xbox....Assuming you have the box and all the items, amazon is giving $200 in credit for it in 'good' condition.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250G...8&s=videogames-tradein&qid=1333521540&sr=1-17

You'll find the FF13 system in the edition selector box

Got mine all set up lastnight and tried a little bit of the game, which is "meh" as I expected. The podracing is really fun surprisingly. It DOES have a 2-player option you can pick before the race (All the reviews I have read say it's 1 player only), but I'm not sure if you both race at the same time or take turns.

The console itself is pretty slick. I like that it's a matte finish and not glossy. The R2D2 sounds when you power on the console or open the CD tray is cute, although it's only when you physically touch the console - turning it on with a wireless controller doesn't make it beep.

I'm happy with my purchase :)

(And for those curious - my console mfr date is Nov 2011.. so they've had this console ready way before the game was)

Is the console 'molded' like R2 or is simply a skin (or sticker)?

$400 (after $50 GC) is a pretty good price for it. Could probably dump my 250GB Slim and Kinect and only pay a wee bit of money out of pocket...

Didn't target have the 4GB Slim with Kinect for $250 AND a $50 GC?

So essentially you are paying $200 more for a larget harder, a sub-par game and a LE controller.

You could have just gone with the 4GB Slim with Kinect deal and upgraded the HD yourself and been about $100 ahead.

[quote name='GBAstar']Didn't target have the 4GB Slim with Kinect for $250 AND a $50 GC?

So essentially you are paying $200 more for a larget harder, a sub-par game and a LE controller.

You could have just gone with the 4GB Slim with Kinect deal and upgraded the HD yourself and been about $100 ahead.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...$200 more for 316GB of space (which is still overkill, IMO), LE controller, LE console and a $50 game. For some it's a good deal. I would never touch a 4GB 360. You can't install anything on it. The 4GB Kinect has millions available, the Star Wars Kinect...not so much.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Yeah...$200 more for 316GB of space (which is still overkill, IMO), LE controller, LE console and a $50 game. For some it's a good deal. I would never touch a 4GB 360. You can install anything on it. The 4GB Kinect has millions available, the Star Wars Kinect...not so much.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Don't see what people are missing here. No one is saying this is a deal on a 360 console. If all you want to play is 360 games then there are cheaper ways to do it. For what you get and if this is what you want, it actually works out as a deal.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Exactly. Don't see what people are missing here. No one is saying this is a deal on a 360 console. If all you want to play is 360 games then there are cheaper ways to do it. For what you get and if this is what you want, it actually works out as a deal.[/QUOTE]

Im going back and fourth with ordering one. I can probably dump by 250GB Slim and Kinect for about $300...so it's only $100 out of pocket (I buy regularly on Amazon so the $50 GC is essentially $50 off to me). Wanted the Star wars games anyway...hmm.

Does this come with anyway to transfer stuff from the current Slim HD to the new one? Or...maybe I can just swap HDs?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Is the console 'molded' like R2 or is simply a skin (or sticker)?

$400 (after $50 GC) is a pretty good price for it. Could probably dump my 250GB Slim and Kinect and only pay a wee bit of money out of pocket...[/QUOTE]

It's "molded" in a sense. It's actual white and blue plastic, not a sticker. I really like the look and feel of it. The blue LED's instead of green are great too :)

No, this does not come with the transfer cable. You can pick that up for $10-15 I believe.. just make sure it's the new version that supports the slim HD. You can swap HD's, but then you lose the 320GB. I just used a USB flash drive to transfer everything except game installs - it took about an hour to transfer ~5GB of content to the USB drive and then to the new console.

[quote name='Katsumi']It's "molded" in a sense. It's actual white and blue plastic, not a sticker. I really like the look and feel of it. The blue LED's instead of green are great too :)

No, this does not come with the transfer cable. You can pick that up for $10-15 I believe.. just make sure it's the new version that supports the slim HD. You can swap HD's, but then you lose the 320GB. I just used a USB flash drive to transfer everything except game installs - it took about an hour to transfer ~5GB of content to the USB drive and then to the new console.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we used a USB drive to do it too. Takes a little while, but pretty simple.

the glossy slim w/the nyko attachment is darth vader enough. i like star wars but this just doesn't go with my entertainment system. considering they just released/annonced chrome 360 controllers, I'm wagering a guess they might come out with chrome slims or colored ones at least.

MsFT makes their money by fanboys who buy multiple version of the exact same system that does the exact same thing, or build crappy products which requires constant repurchase after it craps out...

Sounds right...

So what if the system chirps like R2D2, if you are technically skilled you can mod your Xbox to do the same thing..

If they actually MOLDED a xbox into a R2D2 shape, I be impressed into buying one, but just painting over a already factory-build press is not impressive at all... And just scream, lets see how many suckers will bite

Actually, Microsoft lost a significant amount of money and goodwill dealing with the RROD issue. Personally, I think this special edition is neat and it's certainly cooler than any of the others they have released and certainly better than the color swaps Ninendo and Sony occasionally do. I will probably wait for a price drop, but it's definitely a very neat item.

[quote name='HaloSucks']MsFT makes their money by fanboys who buy multiple version of the exact same system that does the exact same thing, or build crappy products which requires constant repurchase after it craps out...

Sounds right...

So what if the system chirps like R2D2, if you are technically skilled you can mod your Xbox to do the same thing..

If they actually MOLDED a xbox into a R2D2 shape, I be impressed into buying one, but just painting over a already factory-build press is not impressive at all... And just scream, lets see how many suckers will bite[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HaloSucks']MsFT makes their money by fanboys who buy multiple version of the exact same system that does the exact same thing, or build crappy products which requires constant repurchase after it craps out...

Sounds right...
[/QUOTE]

Holy shit what a salty PS3 fanboy. I can't tell of it's jealousy or just tears clouding your eyes as you type such a stupid, asinine thing. Not to mention your username gives it away.

Crappy products? What is this, 2007? Xbox 360 slims are the best built console on the market, and Jasper phat models from 2008 alone made RROD obsolete. You hear more nowadays about PS3s suffering from YLOD than you do about RROD.

And actually, although you probably know but are in denial since mommy&daddy never bought you an Xbox, Microsoft makes massive profits due to their marketshare, profit on 360s and Kinects sold, and profits on software and digital distribution, which is funny because more people purchase stuff off of XBL than PSN even though PSN is free.

So yeah, "HaloSucks," N4G is that way --> Take your kiddie shit off CAG.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Argh! I need a box to trade-in my 250GB slim to Amazon. I thought I still had it but it got thrown away.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes Ebay will have empty boxes + packaging. Might be kind of pricey though :(

The price will drop hopefully, not go up because it's limited edition. If it drops it might be a good time to get into the XBOX scene.

[quote name='Katsumi']Sometimes Ebay will have empty boxes + packaging. Might be kind of pricey though :([/QUOTE]

Good call. I found a few but they're all 4GB for now. I'm going to try to hit up the local mom-pop vg shops to see if they're willing to part with one or sell me one, maybe even Gamestop.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Argh! I need a box to trade-in my 250GB slim to Amazon. I thought I still had it but it got thrown away.[/QUOTE]

It has to be sent in the original box only?

[quote name='infamy']It has to be sent in the original box only?[/QUOTE]

Video Game Console - Like New Condition Eligibility Criteria
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Video Games Trade-In Store.
Typical elements included with a video game console: console, controller(s), bundled game(s), cables, user manual, and UPC (or EAN).
Please check your item to ensure it meets this criteria:

• The video game console is in perfect working condition
  • The console has been opened but original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are intact
  • There is no visible wear or personalization

----------------

Video Game Console - Good Condition Eligibility Criteria
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Video Games Trade-In Store.
Typical elements included with a video game console: console, controller(s), bundled game(s), cables, user manual, and UPC (or EAN).

• The video game console, packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
  • Console remains in working condition
  • Console may have light scratches on the body and other elements may have minor damage
  • Handheld console has a flawless display (i.e. no dead spots or scratches)
  • Item may have been personalized (marked, engraved, or identified)

If you want decent money, yes. They seem to give you ~$100 less if no box is included :/

For those of you who have a Lockerz account with enough points on it you can bring this bundle down to $377.99 + free tax & shipping. I know some people would rather pay less up front then get a credit.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Video Game Console - Like New Condition Eligibility Criteria

• The video game console is in perfect working condition
  • The console has been opened but original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are intact
  • There is no visible wear or personalization

----------------

Video Game Console - Good Condition Eligibility Criteria

• The video game console, packaging and all original elements are included, but shows wear from normal use
  • Console remains in working condition
  • Console may have light scratches on the body and other elements may have minor damage
  • Handheld console has a flawless display (i.e. no dead spots or scratches)
  • Item may have been personalized (marked, engraved, or identified)

If you want decent money, yes. They seem to give you ~$100 less if no box is included :/[/QUOTE]

And note that even if you have the original box you can get downgraded to "good". I sent in my original model "Elite" 360 when Amazon had a temporary price spike for it. It was $230 for "like new" and $200 for "good". I sent it in as "like new" but with the option to downgrade (instead of having them send it back). I included every original item in the original box and some of the stuff (Ethernet cable, a few others) were still sealed in their original bags.

They downgraded me to "good" with no explanation. Since $200 was still damn good for that old clunky 360, I was OK with that but annoyed that others were able to get theirs accepted as "like new".

So, yeah, it would suck to buy a box and such off eBay or spend too much time trying to find one only to have them downgrade you anyway.

Thanks for the heads up io. My X360 works, just every time you exit a game you have to eject the disc if you want to play it again within the same session. I'd feel more comfortable trade it in, then selling it on eBay.

I just sold my C-3PO controller for $140. With the $50 Amazon credit now I may actually break even on upgrading my console after I sell the Kinect, SW game and my old 360.

[quote name='jkanownik']I just sold my C-3PO controller for $140. With the $50 Amazon credit now I may actually break even on upgrading my console after I sell the Kinect, SW game and my old 360.[/QUOTE]

WTF?

I will probably sell off the White Kinect...didn;t think about the controller. It's just Gold, right? Doesn't make any special noises?

bread's done
Back