Amazon Matches Walmart: Pre-order Red Dead Redemption for $59 plus $20 Gift Card

I'm one of very few who really had hard time finding what's the fun of GTA IV so although this game is really hyped, I'll wait for video footage on the retail version and see how things play for myself.

This may be a dumb question, so keep your laughing and fingerpointing to a minimum please :)

I preordered this about 3 weeks to a month ago on amazon with the understanding that i would be receiving a $10.00 amazon credit, will i automatically receive the $20.00 instead? Thanks

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']This may be a dumb question, so keep your laughing and fingerpointing to a minimum please :)

I preordered this about 3 weeks to a month ago on amazon with the understanding that i would be receiving a $10.00 amazon credit, will i automatically receive the $20.00 instead? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Same thing with me. I just canceled my original pre-order and re-ordered with the $20 gift card just in case.

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']This may be a dumb question, so keep your laughing and fingerpointing to a minimum please :)

I preordered this about 3 weeks to a month ago on amazon with the understanding that i would be receiving a $10.00 amazon credit, will i automatically receive the $20.00 instead? Thanks[/QUOTE]
yes, you will automatically get the $20 credit.
They have a pre-order price guarantee where you automatically get the best deal until your order ships.

yes you get upgraded to the $20. If you are lucky, you might get both, it happened before.

I wouldn't be so sure about being grandfathered in on the $20 deal. The way the promo is worded says nothing about it applying to preexisting orders. There is usually a sentence about these kinds of deals applying to preorders and in this instance there is not.

Amazon.com Gift Card Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order your copy of Red Dead Redemption and get a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card. Additionally you'll receive access to an Amazon exclusive in-game golden guns weapon pack, which let you gain fame faster (fame gains you access to in-game side missions). Access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Additional restrictions apply.
As opposed to:

This is an old screencap, so no this BFBC2 deal is not currently active.

Amazon, great though they are, can be fickle with their promos.

Finally! I knew I was getting this game when it came out. I had a $10.00 credit from amazon so for $49.99 plus a $20.00 code toward Hexyz Force will be sweet!

I just emailed support to ask if the $20 GC is automatically added to old orders. Will post back when I get a response.

What's included in the gs exclusive version?

amazon is $59 +20gc no tax
gs has it for $45 (after 25off) + 10 gc but has tax

Is it worth it to switch to amazon?

[quote name='eulogywerd21']The price increased, though. My order, months ago, is $54. Now it says $59. Still fucking sweet though.[/QUOTE]

Strange. My preorders always locks in the cheapest price throughout the preorder period even if the price goes up.

Shows $56.99 for me right now.

[quote name='dfo']I just emailed support to ask if the $20 GC is automatically added to old orders. Will post back when I get a response.[/QUOTE]

I also e-mailed them and when I ordered the game was $56.99, I wonder if that will exclude me from the deal. And I cant do a cancel and rebuy because I was using the $20.00 from BF:BC2 and I think that credit will disapear if I try to that.

[quote name='ajh2298']I also e-mailed them and when I ordered the game was $56.99, I wonder if that will exclude me from the deal. And I cant do a cancel and rebuy because I was using the $20.00 from BF:BC2 and I think that credit will disapear if I try to that.[/QUOTE]

They have always done it for me. I never have to email them.

[quote name='supaet']What's included in the gs exclusive version?

amazon is $59 +20gc no tax
gs has it for $45 (after 25off) + 10 gc but has tax

Is it worth it to switch to amazon?[/QUOTE]

i switched to amazon, gamestop gc is worthless.
bigger issue is do you want the golden gun or the deadly assassin skin???

My issue is with Amazon not even trying to compete with GameStop over Lost Planet 2 in anyway. No Extra Content, No Gift Card and Not even a Small Price reduction. As the only reason I'm getting RDR from GameStop is because it stacks nicely with Lost Planet 2 with 25OFF. I would gladly change my order if there was a better option available, maybe something will pop up when we get closer to release date.

I talked with Amazon and they said I had to cancel the pre-order and re-order to get the $20 gift card. It is my understanding that their lowest price guarantee doesn't apply to the gift card promotions. Still came out ahead $7 from the previous pre-order.

[quote name='tglaz18']I talked with Amazon and they said I had to cancel the pre-order and re-order to get the $20 gift card. It is my understanding that their lowest price guarantee doesn't apply to the gift card promotions. Still came out ahead $7 from the previous pre-order.[/QUOTE]

So if I cancel my previous order will I lose my credit from Super Street Fighter 4 when i attempt to reorder?

[quote name='tglaz18']I talked with Amazon and they said I had to cancel the pre-order and re-order to get the $20 gift card. It is my understanding that their lowest price guarantee doesn't apply to the gift card promotions. Still came out ahead $7 from the previous pre-order.[/QUOTE] That CS rep has their head in their ass, it has always been automaticly applied to previous pre-orders orders. You dont need to cancel and re-order. Sometimes they have been known to even double you up in that situation.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']So if I cancel my previous order will I lose my credit from Super Street Fighter 4 when i attempt to reorder?[/QUOTE]You only lose it if the promo has expired

It seems like gs has more than dlc codes though...

• THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT John Marston’s “Deadly Assassin” outfit causes your Dead Eye to regenerate at twice the speed.
  • THE ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK The original score composed by the critically acclaimed recording artists Bill Elm and Woody Jackson.
  • AND EXCLUSIVE CHALLENGES
the soundtrack and 'exclusive' challenges are tempting

This seems different then the usual deal though. This time its store credit, not video game only credit. And they left out that little sentence in the description that says that the deal pre-applies to all previous orders.

Go look at the mario galaxy 2 preorder, it says credit is applied to all previous orders.

Me thinks this is a different animal altogether this time.

I wont cancel mine, because amazon CSR's are awesome and if I dont get the $20 you can probably convince them to give it anyways, but who knows.

If I'm not mistaken the Gamestop deal was the best if you used 25OFF since you could get the game for $45.99 (w/ tax for most) and snag the $10 gift card and all the DLC they're offering for pre-orders.

Personally, I'm going to wait until this drops to $40 since my backlog is ridiculous. I can get the DLC from my friend anyway since we share accounts. (Hooray for PSN.)

If those who previously ordered it don't get the $20 gc you can always fall back on the fact that Amazon didn't notify you that there was a change in an item you
purchased. I got an extra $10 gc for using that reasoning on at least 2 instances.

[quote name='vgmben']so we have to wait until it ships to get the 20$ credit?[/QUOTE]

They don't charge you until it ships so you have to wait until then (imagine the abuse possibilities).

[quote name='Brother Daz']That CS rep has their head in their ass, it has always been automaticly applied to previous pre-orders orders. You dont need to cancel and re-order. Sometimes they have been known to even double you up in that situation.

You only lose it if the promo has expired[/QUOTE]

I agree. I've always had promos like this auto applied.

every time I place an order the $20 gift card promotion is not included on my invoice email.

Typically there is a "Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships" message.

Ill wait a couple of days and retry. I want written proof on my invoice when dealing with these promotions.

I want this, but I'm not sure that if I cancel my preorder from Gamestop, that I'll received my credit that I used on this game back. Anyone had any issues canceling a preorder from GS and getting their credit they used back on their account?

As a prime member the release day delivery and these sick credit deals are really blowing my mind! I normally drove to Frys to get, maybe $5-10 off but Amazon is so much easier. I love to see the competition too, capitalism in action!!

[quote name='ajh2298']I also e-mailed them and when I ordered the game was $56.99, I wonder if that will exclude me from the deal. And I cant do a cancel and rebuy because I was using the $20.00 from BF:BC2 and I think that credit will disapear if I try to that.[/QUOTE]

My friend had the same credit for BF BC2 and he re-ordered today. I did the same with a different $10 credit, and it reapplied itself. Today, 04/30 is the last day for that credit, so you should be safe.

Maybe screenshot your invoice from the current order just to show you had a credit applied?

[quote name='uthoria']every time I place an order the $20 gift card promotion is not included on my invoice email.

Typically there is a "Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships" message.

Ill wait a couple of days and retry. I want written proof on my invoice when dealing with these promotions.[/QUOTE]

I emailed for the same reason, the CSR assured me I would get the promotion, and said for any reason I did not to go to a link she gave me that would set everything straight. Have to wait and see I guess.

Getting it through them no matter what, have about $70 credit and it's the only thing I want for awhile.

bread's done
Back