Amazon: MLB 10 The Show (PS3) $36.99 w/ FSSS.

SmileyMcSmiles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/MLB-10-Show-P..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279150406&sr=8-1

I'm debating on whether or not to get this game Last baseball game I played (a lot) was MVP 2005 for my Gamecube, which I still have.

I've seen videos and the game looks phenomenal! I've heard the game is a true sim, so batting can be difficult, but that doesn't bother me. What does bother me are the many freezing issues I've heard from this game, during RTTS and especially when entering/exiting the bullpen...even some random freezing issues here and there.

Have these been rectified via patches? Anyone here have this game that can shed more light on these issues?

Great price for only being 4 months old.

I had the game at launch because I'm a big fan. It does feel like they've taken a step back in quality though. Almost like they've gotten lazy with the series lately. However if you're new to the series I absolutely recommend it, you'll have alot of fun with it. It's just for someone who plays the hell out of the series it almost feels the same. Same commentary, same almost everything. Some new animations and camera angles. But for the most part it feels the same. It's not a bad thing, but it sucks for people who play it every year.

On the freezing issues, I only ever had it freeze online and that was a bug. But other than that it never froze on me. Maybe I was lucky.

[quote name='zeldaking']$40 is the new MSRP (I checked BB & Newegg).[/QUOTE]
That's great! I've been looking to get a baseball game sometime. I really haven't played one seriously since my NES.

This is the first baseball i've bought since triple play 99 and I highly recommend it. I've never had freezing during RTTS...only during online play which it has not been happening as much since they patched it, but it does still occur.

As far as online, the main problem with this game is the programming and especially in league play, lobby servers drop connection from time to time.

Online can be a lot of fun as long as you're careful with choosing the right opponents, I recommend you look through their player's card thoroughly before excepting any challenge or even making a decision on wither or not that opponent is someone you might be interested in playing.

About the freezing in bullpen... when you go into the menu/bullpen do not hit the start button as that can cause the game to freeze. the work around is hitting the up arrow on the directional pad to access the menu.

I highly recommend this game for any avid baseball fan, especially at $40 the game plays a lot like MVP 2005 only with next gen graphics. so if you decide to buy it, here's the forum to get a heads up on some of what's going on >>> www.theshowcommunity.com

Cool, thanks everyone for the input!

[quote name='llNorcalSharkll']As far as online, the main problem with this game is the programming and especially in league play, lobby servers drop connection from time to time.

Online can be a lot of fun as long as you're careful with choosing the right opponents, I recommend you look through their player's card thoroughly before excepting any challenge or even making a decision on wither or not that opponent is someone you might be interested in playing.

About the freezing in bullpen... when you go into the menu/bullpen do not hit the start button as that can cause the game to freeze. the work around is hitting the up arrow on the directional pad to access the menu.

I highly recommend this game for any avid baseball fan, especially at $40 the game plays a lot like MVP 2005 only with next gen graphics. so if you decide to buy it, here's the forum to get a heads up on some of what's going on >>> www.theshowcommunity.com[/QUOTE]

Super thanks Norcal, really great info concerning issues and their workarounds...not to mention the community link.

BTW...I totally forgot I still had $10 Amazon GC, so I think I'd be a fool to not get this for $26.99. ;)

I agree. It is a really fun game. This is the first baseball game I pick up in years and I'm loving it. It is a bit difficult with the batting but if you figure out how to pitch you'll be in for some good games. Lately I feel like I can't get enough of it and for that price it's a no brainer if you're a baseball fan who likes sims.

bread's done
Back