"Amazon Mom" - 3 months of Amazon Prime free for Caregivers

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Go here to get started.

and here for the details/FAQ

If you're a caregiver of a child you can get 3 months of Prime for free. This will not stack on top of an existing Prime account, but it will give you the choice to switch to this offer instead and you'll receive a prorated refund on your existing prime account if you choose to switch to this.

Also "for each $25 you spend within a single order in the Baby store, we’ll grant you an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits. You can earn up to one year from the date you joined Amazon Mom."

Your 3 months of Prime will not auto renew so you don't have to worry about being charged at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using this for all my diapers, 30% off is phenomenal and the free 3 months of prime i received last month was just added awesomeness.

Just got $40 back for my Prime membership without losing any benefits

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/welcome

Amazon Mom Help Page & FAQ

Amazon Mom
Amazon Mom is a free membership program aimed at helping parents and caregivers, from the prenatal days through the toddler years, use Amazon to find all the products their family needs. To join, simply sign into your Amazon account and tell us whether you are a Mom, Dad, or other caregivers of a child. By providing information about your family, you can help us personalize offers, e-mails, and product recommendations to help you find exactly what you need at just the right time. Amazon Mom members receive benefits such as 30% off diapers and wipes, FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, as well as exclusive offers via e-mail.

Benefits:
Amazon Mom members receive exclusive discounts on a variety of products and categories. Discounts and promotions will be e-mailed to your Amazon.com e-mail account or made available on the Amazon Mom membership page at www.amazon.com/mom. Benefits include:
• 30% off select diapers and wipes: As an Amazon Mom, you receive an additional 15% discount on top of the standard 15% discount on Subscribe & Save when you sign up for Subscribe & Save delivery. Subscribe & Save shipping is always free, and you can change your delivery schedule or cancel at any time. No fees, no risks, no obligations.
• FREE 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime: When you join Amazon Mom, you will receive FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime for the first 3 months of your membership. For each $25 you spend within a single order in the Baby store, we’ll grant you an additional month of Amazon Prime shipping benefits. You can earn up to one year from the date you joined Amazon Mom.
Eligibility & Sign-Up:
It doesn't cost anything to participate in Amazon Mom, and all parents and caregivers are eligible to join. To receive personalized offers, e-mails, and product recommendations based on the age and stage of your child, simply provide information about your family (name, gender, and birthday of your child, or your due date if you are expecting a child). We respect strict privacy standards with this information and never share your information with other companies.
To sign-up, visit the Amazon Mom sign-up page at www.amazon.com/mom. Once you submit the sign-up form, you'll receive an e-mail confirmation.
Current Amazon Prime Members:
If you're already an Amazon Prime member, you can still join Amazon Mom. During the sign-up process, we will offer you the option of either:
a) Canceling your existing Prime subscription and receiving a prorated refund for the remaining unused months left on your subscription, or
b) Staying with your existing Prime subscription (customers who don’t anticipate shopping in the Baby Store frequently may prefer this option)
Note: If you choose option A, you will receive a cancellation e-mail that indicates the amount of your Amazon Prime refund. The Prime shipping benefits you receive as an Amazon Mom begin immediately after joining the program.
Current Subscribe & Save Items:
If you already have Subscribe & Save delivery on items that qualify for the Amazon Mom discount, you will automatically receive the additional 15% discount, bringing your total discount to 30%. If you don’t already receive this discount, but would like to, all you need to do is select the Subscribe Now button on qualifying diapers and wipes and the 30% off will apply automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, it was not until your post that I realized that this related to me with twin toddlers. I already have prime but I signed up anyway, maybe I will get a free extension.

i wonder how long this lasts...if I sign up now I'll lose 2 months of prime essentially, as I have it through March 29...but I'd get probably $30 back. Decisions, decisions...probably just keep what I got for now.

Wait, all you have to do is spend $25 to extend it a month each time? Sold. This is actually a great deal if you do have little kids...the diaper purchases alone will help extend it each month.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Wait, all you have to do is spend $25 to extend it a month each time? Sold. This is actually a great deal if you do have little kids...the diaper purchases alone will help extend it each month.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately only within a certain category. If it was video games, or coffee (damn K-cup addiction) my subscription would never run out.

If you have kids in diapers this is a no-brainer, free 1 year of prime. I just checked Pampers and the prices are about the same as WalMart, but with no tax and free shipping you save there. Over the course of a year, you're bound to buy at least 9 boxes of diapers., not to mention wipe, etc...

Dayum... I think this was a renewal or something. I already signed in for this promotion when it first started...

I hope I can get a free renewal pretty soon.

This is awsome. They gave me like 4 months for free. I might not buy any baby stuff to be exdending it but 4 months is great to take advantage of holiday shopping... Amazon Owns!

Between Amazon student, caregiver and now mom they're just trying to give Prime away. Looks like they've figured out even free prime makes them money because I now shop there by default and spend a lot more there than I ever did pre-prime

I bought a case of diapers, but it hasn't extended my Prime past the 3 months. Is there a delay on the extension or what?

[quote name='hoofrog']I signed up and no e-mail of refund from my current Prime subscription, due to end in Feb. Hmmm.[/QUOTE]

Just ask them about it in a chat or something, I got my email fairly quickly.

Bah, I most likely going to spend more in Prime mode. It's a great offer, but I'm going to skip it. It's like... Holy crap, this is cheap, $5 freaking bucks, SOLD, I got Prime! Thanks though.

The rep I spoke to said at the end of the 3 months they send you a tally of the amount you've spent under the plan and how many months your prime membership will be extended...maybe after that point they give you the option to turn off auto-renew again.

We're both grown and I'm out of college, the other about to start, but I figured I'd send this to my mom anyways. She uses my Prime a lot (I got in on the Student thing), so why not have her own?

I'm to cheap to pay for Prime when FSSS is really quick with 2 main Amazon hubs in my state. I love this free deal though, i've been enjoying Amazon Mom since September when this was first posted. Luckily it lasts into December and satisfies all my Black Friday needs. :D

it's a wonder how no one as prime at this moment lol, the student thing has been wonderful. Amazon has their prime membership to me paid off already since I've ordered from them 100% more since having prime. go get 'em parents!

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Dayum... I think this was a renewal or something. I already signed in for this promotion when it first started...

I hope I can get a free renewal pretty soon.[/QUOTE]
I also signed up for this the first time around, anybody cancelled and tried renewing? Or renewed on top of the old one?

hm

[quote name='bobright']I also signed up for this the first time around, anybody cancelled and tried renewing? Or renewed on top of the old one?

hm[/QUOTE]

This.

I don't get it. I thought they've had this offer going for 2-3 months now? Did they pull it and just reinstate it? My time is almost up on my 3 months, but I should have 2 or 3 purchases (diapers) that extend my membership and I was considering making one (Britax car seat) that would bump it several months.

[quote name='io']I don't get it. I thought they've had this offer going for 2-3 months now? Did they pull it and just reinstate it? My time is almost up on my 3 months, but I should have 2 or 3 purchases (diapers) that extend my membership and I was considering making one (Britax car seat) that would bump it several months.[/QUOTE]Same promotion. I dug up the old thread and merged it with this new one.

So, yes, it's the same one as before. Check your own posts in the new combined thread. ;)

So would being the older brother to my 11 year old sister (and helping out a ton to look after her while my parents are getting divorced) count as a "caregiver"? I'm certainly no parent but I spend a lot of time helping her out with schoolwork, and such. I just want to make this morally justified in my mind.

[quote name='shrike4242']Same promotion. I dug up the old thread and merged it with this new one.

So, yes, it's the same one as before. Check your own posts in the new combined thread. ;)[/QUOTE]

D'oh! Way to make me look like an idiot. Well, at least you said you did a merge ;).

This thread did remind me that I need to check on the coupon Amazon sent me. A few weeks into the program they sent me a promo code for 10% off any baby store item. I was going to use that on a car seat my wife wanted for our baby for when she switches to forward-facing. Even though that isn't till March we thought we'd use it now and that would extend our Prime by several months on its own (assuming each $25 spent adds a month even within one purchase - not 100% sure on that though). it would really be nice if they auto-extended it whenever you made a qualifying purchase and didn't just do some sort of summary thing at the end of your 3 months. I'd hate to find out for some reason my purchases didn't qualify since one of the factors that went into making them was the Prime extension benefit.

I hope Amazon realizes that a lot of people is making a lot of purchases (more than before) thanks to the free Amazon Prime.

I'm sure my purchases will not be as frequent when my free Prime membership ends next month. Now I will have to think about my purchases until they reach FSSS.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Merged aye? So is it a year or 3 months? Title might need changing...[/QUOTE]

3 months is guaranteed, up to a year depending on how much you spend. The OP has this info so it shouldnt be confusing

[quote name='jacknicklson']3 months is guaranteed, up to a year depending on how much you spend. The OP has this info so it shouldnt be confusing[/QUOTE]

The thread before this made it seem like you get a year...unless I read it way wrong

bread's done
Back