Amazon Movies & TV Holiday Deals (Includes Black Friday)

[quote name='Vigilante']I liked what I watched. I like to think of it as a suave, sophisticated version of Psych (though that comparison is worthless if you haven't watched Psych either).[/QUOTE]

I've seen a few of Psych, and I just watched a few episodes of White Collar. I like it. But I want Psych, Big Bang Theory, Breaking Bad 4, FNL too, and even at $8 a season that's still $150. :lol:

Amazon uploaded the TV Deals of the Week (Homeland, Once Upon A Time, and Revenge) and Blu-ray Deal of the Week (Planet of the Apes: 5-Film Collection).

Of the TV deals, Homeland for $19.99 (DVD) possibly interests me, but can anyone vouch for it? Also--and this is a question that I'm sure will alienate me--how extensive/frequent is the nudity/sexual content in the show (I know there's at least some given that it's an HBO show)?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Plus what would be a good $1 filler? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Guitar picks, carabines, bottle openers. :cool:

[quote name='Vigilante']Amazon uploaded the TV Deals of the Week (Homeland, Once Upon A Time, and Revenge) and Blu-ray Deal of the Week (Planet of the Apes: 5-Film Collection).

Of the TV deals, Homeland for $19.99 (DVD) possibly interests me, but can anyone vouch for it? Also--and this is a question that I'm sure will alienate me--how extensive/frequent is the nudity/sexual content in the show (I know there's at least some given that it's an HBO show)?[/QUOTE]

It is a very, very good show. There is a fair amount of nudity/sexual content in first few episodes of season 1, but there isn't a whole lot more at all after that. It's definite not extensive or gratuitous like Game of Thrones, but every once in awhile they go further than basic cable or network. :)

Homeland is the best show on TV. I bought it blind in September for $20. It's a masterpiece. Buy it. There is some sex, but as the show goes on there is less and less, and season 2 has little to none that I can remember.

It's also on Showtime and not Hbo. :p

[quote name='cranky2']Guitar picks, carabines, bottle openers. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Botte Opener is a great idea! But now I'm just going to buy Taken for $2. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nabbed In Time for $5.99 :cool:

I got free one day delivery for using the amazon locker service, that's awesome...:cool:

[quote name='DK745']Bond 50 Blu-ray set as the Deal of the Day sounds tempting, but I doubt it'll be lower than the $129.99 price Best Buy has this week. Hope it is though.[/QUOTE]

Won't it have to be lower than 129.99 since thats the Amazon list price?

Just ordered Vampire Diaries for the wife via Lightning Deal, and the $5 off promo stacked with the LD. Only $4.96 for a season? Why yes, thank you!

[quote name='jupiterjones']Just ordered Vampire Diaries for the wife via Lightning Deal, and the $5 off promo stacked with the LD. Only $4.96 for a season? Why yes, thank you![/QUOTE]

This happened to me as well but this is wrong. Not sure if I should e-mail customer service or let it go. The $5 off promo is only suppose to stack if the order is $25 or up. The deal was for $9.96.

[quote name='Rafael122']This happened to me as well but this is wrong. Not sure if I should e-mail customer service or let it go. The $5 off promo is only suppose to stack if the order is $25 or up. The deal was for $9.96.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Just leave it as it is.

[quote name='knight19']It's $7.99 at BBY.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I noticed that right after I ordered. I told my self I would bite at 12$ so i saw 12$. Canceled my order on amazon and picked it up at Best Buy

Bond at under $100 I'd have to buy... $110 is just enough to tempt me though.

Wonder if that's the type of thing that would stay high priced.

[quote name='sweeetja713']1 & 5 are 5.99 at foxconnect[/QUOTE]Yeah, I forgot to mention those. I was able to get S2-4, S6-9 through Amazon and S1 & 5 from FoxConnect.

[quote name='SonyFanboy#1']Won't it have to be lower than 129.99 since thats the Amazon list price?[/QUOTE]

They're doing that to match Best Buy's price. The ad for that runs through Wednesday. I just assumed the price would go back up again, then magically drop in time for the deal.

bread's done
Back