Amazon MP3 Album Sale - Coldplay "X&Y" $2, Others too...

Darthjer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It's MP3 and not a CD, but for those that don't have it yet, $2 for Coldplay's "X&Y" is a sweet price. Other notables include have Stevie Wonder's "Number 1's" for $3 and James Brown's "20 All-Time Greatest Hits" or Flight Of The Conchords' self-titled album for $5. I picked up Alanis Morrisette's "Jagged Little Pill Acoustic" for $5, but I know that's not a big one for most.

Link goes to Top 100 Albums page, because their sale page doesn't show all of the $5 albums. I did a search and didn't see a page referencing anything like this, so if there is one already, let me know so I can shut this one down. Either way, have fun!

bballplaya noted that "Rush Of Blood To The Head" by Coldplay is also $2.

[quote name='twen']Paying for MP3s is just wrong. I buy CDs, and rip MP3s, and download MP3s.[/quote]

I started to not reply, but figured I'd go ahead and throw this out there for others who may be thinking about posting "Just download the torrent". Obviously, this isn't a deal for you. This is a deal for people that buy their music online.

This isn't Fark. Please don't troll. Thank you.

[quote name='twen']Paying for MP3s is just wrong. I buy CDs, and rip MP3s, and download MP3s.[/quote]

Unless you A) prefer digital music and don't want a massive, physical CD collection (which grows more appealing with every CD I buy) or B) download mp3s and never buy CDs (which is a lot of people nowadays).

Besides, for $2 it's a steal, mp3 or otherwise.

Plus, Amazon's mp3s are ripped at the very high 256kps bitrate, so they sound better than most of what you get through illegal channels. Plus, no drm. Not a bad deal at all.

I got the Flight of the Conchords and James Brown collection from them, both highly recommended.

Thanks! This is the only album I don't have of theirs and I was going to look for it in stores since I figured someone would have it on sale this week, but for $2.00 how can I pass on this. Forget spending the extra $8-10 just for a case that I won't use anyway.

[quote name='gorgo']Plus, Amazon's mp3s are ripped at the very high 256kps bitrate, so they sound better than most of what you get through illegal channels. [/quote]

you are using the wrong illegal channels hahahaha ;)

thanks for the tip about the fotc cd!!!!

Its a good deal, but I still hate the fact that its non lossless.

Buying cheap used cds, or trading is the best way to go when buying music. You will always have the highest quality at your hands which you can then rip to whatever file type you prefer. Downloading music illegally is annoying and pointless. You just fill youre computer with crappy tagged, bad sounding music.

bread's done
Back