Amazon no longer ships video games in cardboard boxes?

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
Not pleased as my last purchase the PS2 game arrived rattled loosed inside with the disc. I have not opened it yet, just did the shaking test

Recently amazon has been shipping video games in a smaller cardboard package. I've been getting them like this and I haven't had any problems so far.

That is just bad luck rather than the packaging. The majority of companies out there ship games in bubble mailers as it saves them a lot of money and the added risk is extremely low. Its very rare that a game in any type of packaging is damaged in shipping (excluding older games that come in fragile cardboard boxes). Amazon ships used games in bubble mailers although I don't think I've gotten any new games from them in one.

However, unless you bought the game as a gift or to keep sealed go ahead and open it up. Often a loose disc doesn't get scratched. However if there are scratches or damage to the case don't worry because returns to Amazon are fast and easy. As long as they have the game in stock I think you should have the option to exchange too. Just go to the order page, click return items, select the game, pick damaged during shipping, and then they will provide a label to use to ship it back.

I guess it's just me? The last orders I have placed (video games) on Amazon LLC have always been shipped bubble envelope padded but yeah I will say that it arrived damaged.

I order a lot of things from Amazon and I've noticed that it depends on what means they ship it. If they ship via USPS priority mail, it always shows up in a bubble mailer but if they ship via UPS ground they ship it in a small box.

I ordered a new game last week and it came in the normal cardboard box that is just big enough for the game. I haven't received any in a cardboard sleeve yet... how cheap can they get?

[quote name='blindinglights']I order a lot of things from Amazon and I've noticed that it depends on what means they ship it. If they ship via USPS priority mail, it always shows up in a bubble mailer but if they ship via UPS ground they ship it in a small box.[/QUOTE]

Almost all my games from them come UPS and they all are in padded envelopes. I haven't got cardboard from amazon in months.

[quote name='CaoPi']Not pleased as my last purchase the PS2 game arrived rattled loosed inside with the disc. I have not opened it yet, just did the shaking test[/QUOTE]
I don't think shipping in a cardboard box is going to protect a disc from coming loose. I've had that happen plenty of times regardless of how they were shipped, and the discs were rarely even damaged when it did happen.

That said, I just received my copy of Prinny 2 in a box from amazon yesterday. The box was much larger than the game, and the game was supposed to be stuck onto a flat piece of cardboard, but the plastic they put around it was too big and there was no sort of cushioning in the box with it.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I don't think shipping in a cardboard box is going to protect a disc from coming loose. I've had that happen plenty of times regardless of how they were shipped, and the discs were rarely even damaged when it did happen.

That said, I just received my copy of Prinny 2 in a box from amazon yesterday. The box was much larger than the game, and the game was supposed to be stuck onto a flat piece of cardboard, but the plastic they put around it was too big and there was no sort of cushioning in the box with it.[/QUOTE]

I would think that the cardboard would actually increase the chances of the disc popping loose. Cardboard is rigid and would protect the case from being damaged, but it wouldn't absorb the shock like a bubble mailer would. Cardboard would do more against sharp edges, but would transfer more shock to the contents within.

Welcome to a couple of years ago.

Amazon has been doing lots of small item shipments for DVDs, movies and games in the infamous BA2 bubble mailer, as well as larger bubble mailers.

Some fulfillment centers are more apt to do that than others, though as most of my shipments come from the Coffeyville, KS center, they're very likely to do it.

As other people have said, they sometimes ship items in boxes much larger than necessary, so the item happily bounces around in shipment.

Games and movies should be packaged with a vacuum-sealed plastic sheet attached to a cardboard backer board and put in an A0 or A1 shipping box.

If you've had an issue with the item damaged in shipment, Amazon will replace it for you without any cost on return shipping as well as for the one-day shipping of the item's replacement. If you have it happen more than once for the same item, you might have a CS rep give you the option for a second time, and if that still gets damaged, they won't reship it a third time.

I've had this issue off and on over the years, and complained up to their executive resolution team over this issue. It'll happen, even though it shouldn't happen with someone taking the time to properly pack an item in a box.

If the order isn't more than 90 days old, you can file Packaging Feedback on the order, which allows you to comment on how the item was packaged, include up to a 800 character comment about the issue, as well as pictures of the damage. I strongly urge anyone that has improper packaging to use that tool every time they have an issue with it. There is a limit on the number of times in a 60-day period that you can do packaging feedback, though you should do it on any package that wasn't packaged properly.

Amazon shipped my ATQ Premium Box in a fucking bubble mailer. A 1.3 lb game in a fucking bubble mailer shipped via UPS :bomb:

Choice of packaging is all dependent on the packer who happens to server your order, and on whether he or she is brain dead or retarded.

I'm not sure choice of packaging is up to the packer. I've ordered a lot of used but complete GameBoy games or other games that come in fragile cardboard boxes from Amazon (Warehouse Deals). Every single time I order individual used games they ship them in a bubble mailer. This results in most of the game boxes picking up some damage during transit and some of them being completely crushed. Some of the boxes for GBA games are mostly hollow and obviously don't hold up when in a bubble mailer. If it was up to the packer I would think one of them would have eventually not been stupid and put them in a box.

I've had to start throwing in a second game to every order just to make sure they at least ship in a fold over box which aren't that great either. I've got a feeling their system tells them exactly what to ship something in. I would think they would have to have the option to manually change it though if needed. Still not once have I gotten an individual used game in a fragile box shipped in anything other than a bubble mailer.

All the games I've gotten recently came in bubble mailers except one which came in the big cardboard thing. Never a problem with any of them. They also sent me a paperback book in a bubble mailer which I wasn't as thrilled about.

I would prefer to have the bubble mailers. Easier to store and re-use than the cardboard sleeves although I always seem to get the sleeves for individual items. I ordered 2 BRs and got them in a pretty large box filled with air bags. I'd say thats overly cautious haha.

[quote name='lionheart4life']I would prefer to have the bubble mailers. Easier to store and re-use than the cardboard sleeves although I always seem to get the sleeves for individual items. I ordered 2 BRs and got them in a pretty large box filled with air bags. I'd say thats overly cautious haha.[/QUOTE]

Yup same here. My last three game/Bluray orders have all been in bubble mailers. Now I'll never run out of mailers for Goozex!

Assuming you are not mixing up Amazon with other sellers on their site, then usually UPS=cardboard mailer, USPS=bubble mailer. They use whichever is cheapest to your address. If you have Prime you should be getting cardboard unless you are using a PO Box.

[quote name='donkeydrop']Assuming you are not mixing up Amazon with other sellers on their site, then usually UPS=cardboard mailer, USPS=bubble mailer. They use whichever is cheapest to your address. If you have Prime you should be getting cardboard unless you are using a PO Box.[/QUOTE]

In the past the games were always shipped to me via cardboard mailer, (ontrac service)

Also I have prime for some reason my games only come in bubble padded envelope now, I prefer the cardboard mailer because of the shock absorbing

Now I don't mind if it's a blu ray title but at this point with the ps2 disc loosed inside I'm gonna have to request an exchange. I had problems in the past where dvd/ps2 games arrived scuffed inside.

And no I'm not using a PO Box

[quote name='XxNinjaStaRRxX']Recently amazon has been shipping video games in a smaller cardboard package. I've been getting them like this and I haven't had any problems so far.[/QUOTE]

+1 to those boxes. They are sturdier than bubble mailers.

[quote name='krashhole']Shouldn't we be focused on more important things like the Zombie Apocalypse? :)[/QUOTE]

super-cool-story-bro.png
:roll:

bread's done
Back