Amazon offer 15 credit with LA Noire

all pre order dlc will be available to dl for everyone a few weeks after release how much it will cost is unknown at this point

[quote name='killer9']all pre order dlc will be available to dl for everyone a few weeks after release how much it will cost is unknown at this point[/QUOTE]

Has Rockstar actually said it will only be a few weeks? All I've read is that they will be making it available much sooner than the year it took them to make Red Dead Redemption's preorder DLC available to buy.

I'm not sure if I want to come over to amazon's side; the plus side which is not really much of a plus is the detective suit (which another skin with minor mods that doesn't add much as a valuable DLC).

Newegg has free shipping and no tax... which is $5+ in savings for me. But I don't buy things from from newegg as much as I do from amazon... Ugh decisions, decisions... anyone else on the same boat?

For me it came down to better 360 controller (IMHO) vs no disc swapping and extra case. I choose PS3 since there is no multiplayer.

Newegg takes forever to ship to me with eggsaver shipping. Amazon has release date delivery which I always use. I just hope PSN is up and running that day or I may have to wait to play it.

[quote name='benjamouth']Hmm, I'll wait to see some reviews and for the seemingly inevitable $40 after a couple of weeks price at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

This is me as well, after what they did with Portal 2 and Crysis 2, I'm deciding to wait this time.

Just so you guys know who keep referencing Portal 2 and Crysis 2 in terms of price drops/sales being so prevalent. EA was behind the publishing of Crysis 2 as well as the distribution of Portal 2 at retail locations. As was stated by Josh (SHC-Gamer) EA is very aggressive with allowing promotions for their games to increase sales. I am not saying it won't happen with this game, but using Crysis 2 and Portal 2 to compare it to isn't a good comparison IMO.

After how GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption looked on the PS3, I think I'll be buying all my future Rockstar games on the 360. The lower resolution PS3 versions just seemed so blurry to me. It's a shame since I tend to buy most of my games on my PS3.

Game sounds really cool on paper, but I'm just not sure how well it works out. Gonna have to wait for reviews on this one, as it's a new type of game, and I think Team Bondi's first game.

This game will drop fairly quickly, but I'll wait for a complete package.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']After how GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption looked on the PS3, I think I'll be buying all my future Rockstar games on the 360. The lower resolution PS3 versions just seemed so blurry to me. It's a shame since I tend to buy most of my games on my PS3.[/QUOTE]This Team Bondi game uses a completely different engine than the one shared by Rockstar's GTAIV and Red Dead.

I feel like it'll be fine if not better on PS3 technically as it originally started as a PS3 only game and R* has only shown off the PS3 version of the game in demos.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Just so you guys know who keep referencing Portal 2 and Crysis 2 in terms of price drops/sales being so prevalent. EA was behind the publishing of Crysis 2 as well as the distribution of Portal 2 at retail locations. As was stated by Josh (SHC-Gamer) EA is very aggressive with allowing promotions for their games to increase sales. I am not saying it won't happen with this game, but using Crysis 2 and Portal 2 to compare it to isn't a good comparison IMO.[/QUOTE]

It's not just EA, it's retailers and esp Amazon. Portal 2 and Crysis 2 are the two examples I used because they're the most recent games I picked up. You can throw Mortal Kombat on that list, it's 40 bucks at Amazon now, I'm starting to see a pattern with new releases. It's cool pick it up day 1 if you want. I think the days of $60 games are fading, you know if you're a smart customer (CAGs do their research ;)).

[quote name='dallow']This game will drop fairly quickly, but I'll wait for a complete package.

This Team Bondi game uses a completely different engine than the one shared by Rockstar's GTAIV and Red Dead.

I feel like it'll be fine if not better on PS3 technically as it originally started as a PS3 only game and R* has only shown off the PS3 version of the game in demos.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Hopefully the PS3 version will be pretty decent then. I'll probably do the same as you and wait for a complete package.

[quote name='Spybreak8']It's not just EA, it's retailers and esp Amazon. Portal 2 and Crysis 2 are the two examples I used because they're the most recent games I picked up. You can throw Mortal Kombat on that list, it's 40 bucks at Amazon now, I'm starting to see a pattern with new releases. It's cool pick it up day 1 if you want. I think the days of $60 games are fading, you know if you're a smart customer (CAGs do their research ;)).[/QUOTE]

The thing is retailers need to clear the price with the publisher before they put it on sale. At least I know for a fact K-Mart does. Some games are denied sales because the publisher doesn't want to lower the "worth" of the game. Some publishers are fine with it. I agree the day of $60 games is over for SMART consumers. I for one love how LA Noire is costing me $23 after a discount and trading in a copy of Halo Reach I got for free. Plus I get $15 back and a friend is giving me ICO/SotC for free for allowing him to play/finish LA Noire on his own time. So $23 gets me $15 off another game, LA Noire, and ICO/SotC Collection.

[quote name='Spybreak8']It's not just EA, it's retailers and esp Amazon. Portal 2 and Crysis 2 are the two examples I used because they're the most recent games I picked up. You can throw Mortal Kombat on that list, it's 40 bucks at Amazon now, I'm starting to see a pattern with new releases. It's cool pick it up day 1 if you want. I think the days of $60 games are fading, you know if you're a smart customer (CAGs do their research ;)).[/QUOTE]

Rockstar games don't lower their prices that quickly: http://www.lightningdrops.com/product/B001SH7YMG

Also, Amazon had Portal 2 for 54.99 with a twenty dollar credit at launch. Now you can find it on sale 34.99. It's pretty much the same thing, but I didn't have to wait.

All I know is last April when I got Episodes from Liberty City for PS3 for $40 it was down to $20 (temporarily) through Amazon within a month of release. Though that may be because it was technically year old content, but still, wish I'd waited for that one.

Every somewhat major third party game will be 40 bucks at the least within 1-2 months of launch. Only first party stuff is worth paying 60 bucks for.

[quote name='crazydom2']Every somewhat major third party game will be 40 bucks at the least within 1-2 months of launch. Only first party stuff is worth paying 60 bucks for.[/QUOTE]

That's generally true, but I wouldn't necessarily expect LA Noire to drop as fast or as far as many do. Still $40 within 2 months is very likely.

Just contacted amazon and they told me that I would be awarded the $15 credit even though I preordered when they were offering it for $10.

[quote name='Jigen']That's generally true, but I wouldn't necessarily expect LA Noire to drop as fast or as far as many do. Still $40 within 2 months is very likely.[/QUOTE]

you can get it for $45 on day 1 (after amazon credit, good as cash for me). If the game is good, cant see it dropping much below that price for awhile (a la RDR and GTA). if the game stinks, i'll have it traded in before the TIV tanks.

[quote name='hustletron']I'm still not sure which platform to buy this on. HALP!!!![/QUOTE]

PS3 is 1 disc and has a exclusive DLC Case

360 is 3 discs and that's all I know of

So it'll really all come down to preference

since there's no MP I decided on PS3 so that way I can beef up my PS3 library

[quote name='Jawmuncher']PS3 is 1 disc and has a exclusive DLC Case

360 is 3 discs and that's all I know of

So it'll really all come down to preference

since there's no MP I decided on PS3 so that way I can beef up my PS3 library[/QUOTE]

3 discs?

What's the exclusive case? The badge pursuit that gamestop is advertising?

dunno about the case - read about it somewhere (dont think it's the badge pursuit...gamestop preorder?) I think it's just one more desk case...

also read that disc swapping only happens as game progresses (e.g. you only swap 2x total). I have ps3 so i dont care, but what i read indicated the swapping would be (mostly) seamless.

I couldn't get into GTA4, I still haven't played Red Dead, I'm probably going to pass on this until it hits $20 or so.

RockStar just doesn't do it for me like they used to.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The thing is retailers need to clear the price with the publisher before they put it on sale. At least I know for a fact K-Mart does. Some games are denied sales because the publisher doesn't want to lower the "worth" of the game. Some publishers are fine with it. I agree the day of $60 games is over for SMART consumers. I for one love how LA Noire is costing me $23 after a discount and trading in a copy of Halo Reach I got for free. Plus I get $15 back and a friend is giving me ICO/SotC for free for allowing him to play/finish LA Noire on his own time. So $23 gets me $15 off another game, LA Noire, and ICO/SotC Collection.[/QUOTE]

Game will cost me 18.99 due to trading in the free game I got from subway littlebigplanet 2 and rock band 2 which I'm bored with. Gonna rock getting that $15 credit!!!

I've pre-ordered some games this year on Amazon and also noticed the trend that others have mentioned: games dropping weeks or months after the release in some Deal of the Day or Gold Box (to $39.99). So I'm probably going to wait until it drops to $39.99.

The game sounds interesting, but at least I'm the type of person that gets bored of them relatively fast soooo I can wait.

[quote name='grrouchie']I couldn't get into GTA4, I still haven't played Red Dead, I'm probably going to pass on this until it hits $20 or so.

RockStar just doesn't do it for me like they used to.[/QUOTE]

I couldnt get into GTA4 either (i tried too), but I couldnt stop playing RDR - def one of the best games of all time imho. If LA Noire is even 80% as good, I'll be thrilled.

I am actually debating picking up both la noire and witcher 2 at launch or get la noire from goozex and pick up witcher 2 at launch. Since la noire is not a muilt-player game, it tend to get trade relatively quickly at goozex.

Yeah I just placed my order, thanks OP!

And I have to agree with everyone the deals on Portal 2 and Crysis 2 did not beat the pre-order deals, I got portal for $55 + $20 gaming credit ($35 is the lowest it has been) and I got Crysis 2 for $54 and $10 gaming credit (best I saw was $40 and it was just a DotD, which I find are easy to miss).

I mean I would be ecstatic if they made it a $20 card to match Kmart but I'm not really holding my breath.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Not that the early time has done PS3 users much good...[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this statement at all. PSN is down, PS3s still work and games still work on them. The only thing that doesn't work is updates, multiplayer, and some of the Capcom games (which is the only part I think is insane in all of this).

Claiming you got a good deal because you're trading in a game doesn't make it a good deal to start. I like credit but that's only used for the 2nd purchase, I'd rather get the discount up front. I grabbed Crysis 2 at the $40 mark and used my Portal 2 credit to mark it down even more.

[quote name='benjamouth']Hmm, I'll wait to see some reviews and for the seemingly inevitable $40 after a couple of weeks price at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']Rockstar games don't lower their prices that quickly: http://www.lightningdrops.com/product/B001SH7YMG

Also, Amazon had Portal 2 for 54.99 with a twenty dollar credit at launch. Now you can find it on sale 34.99. It's pretty much the same thing, but I didn't have to wait.[/QUOTE]

This. R* games don't usually drop as quickly. That link shows RDR dropping a couple months later, but I can't wait that long for LA Noire :)

Also, you're right about the credit, if you used promo credit to buy the item. Also, if you bug Amazon enough, they might crack and refund you the difference (if it drops quickly) so you get credit AND the sale price.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Claiming you got a good deal because you're trading in a game doesn't make it a good deal to start. I like credit but that's only used for the 2nd purchase, I'd rather get the discount up front. I grabbed Crysis 2 at the $40 mark and used my Portal 2 credit to mark it down even more.[/QUOTE]

It does if the game was free or less then the trade in value. When I trade in a game I take into account what I paid for the game and factor that into the cost of the game I am buying. I got Halo Reach for free so that is a free $20 off LA Noire. When I bought the Helgast Edition of KZ3 it cost me $42 after a discount I have on amazon (not from buying another game and not from trading in games, just a flat out discount) I traded in the copy of Killzone 3 I paid $10 for and I got $30 in TIV. So it didn't make the KZ3 HE $12, it made it $22.

I agree that $40 up front is better then $20 off another game, BUT if it takes 2 months (and sometimes it does) to get the same discount then why should I wait if it ends up costing me the same amount?

I enjoy these credit deals. They just keep the chain going, and i don't have/nor want to go to a kmart nearby. I use their deals to pricematch at bestbuy sometimes tho. and another thing that doesn't work during this psn downtime is Medal of Honor TIER1 mode, that's all I needed for the plat but it was down and so i had to trade it in for 25. fail. im getting another one from awd for 17 and tiv is 20, but its just not the same...
and yeah R* games tiv forever. look at rdr going for 30 still for just regular version until bout a week ago. even gta 4 was getting 15ish a month or so ago

[quote name='hustletron']I'm probably gonna order from Amazon, keep my preorder from GS, then return a copy back to GS for both DLCs.[/QUOTE]

I think all DLC will be packaged inside the game case. So your going to have to open it to get the code. Not sure though.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I think all DLC will be packaged inside the game case. So your going to have to open it to get the code. Not sure though.[/QUOTE]

The gamestop DLC? They usually have it as a rave card for their stuff, either way I'm going to be returning the Amazon copy to GS and keeping the GS copy. They also don't typically have anything specific to GS on the cover art. The amazon codes are emailed to you.

I just have Amazon credit so I can get the game without having to pay out of pocket and also get the $15 credit, but I also want the GS DLC.

nice. i already ordered it with the $10, I submit an email to cs to confirm i'll be getting the $15, just so I have something to point at later if they take it away / don't add it properly.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I don't understand this statement at all. PSN is down, PS3s still work and games still work on them. The only thing that doesn't work is updates, multiplayer, and some of the Capcom games (which is the only part I think is insane in all of this).[/QUOTE]Updates work I believe.
At least I mean that others have mentioned games patching despite not being signed in.

What have Rockstar not done correctly over the pass 10 years, in hindsight sure GTA 4 didn't age very well but at the time of it's release it was game of the year. Red Dead Redemption is still the greatest game I have ever played. Besides i get my games from amazon to pre-order mainly for the credit on my next game, not for the bonuses.

[quote name='dallow']Updates work I believe.
At least I mean that others have mentioned games patching despite not being signed in.[/QUOTE]

Ugh you're right. I spent like 2 weeks not playing games cause I thought I couldn't get updates. Thanks for letting me know, though you coulda just told me via AIM :p

[quote name='dallow']Updates work I believe.
At least I mean that others have mentioned games patching despite not being signed in.[/QUOTE]

Updates do work. I just had dungeon hunter update when I played it a few days ago.

[quote name='ChrisHookz']What have Rockstar not done correctly over the pass 10 years, in hindsight sure GTA 4 didn't age very well but at the time of it's release it was game of the year. Red Dead Redemption is still the greatest game I have ever played. Besides i get my games from amazon to pre-order mainly for the credit on my next game, not for the bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Just an FYI, it's mainly Team Bondi who developed this game, with close work with key Rockstar people.
Take a read through this:http://www.1up.com/previews/la-noire-interview-why-seven-years

bread's done
Back