Amazon offers movie trade for Amazon GC program

Thanks for the heads-up. You have to do a minimum of $10 worth of trade-ins at a time, but as long as you're sending in a couple of movies it isn't a problem.

I did notice that they're looking for more BluRay movies than anything else (which is unfortunate, but not surprising). For example, I typed in "Matrix" and the only thing they were accepting was BluRay.

I ended up sending them two BluRays that I got for free with my PS3 a couple years ago. Getting $12.50 back and the shipping to them was free so all-in-all I'm happy with it.

transformer blu ray gets $9.50, which is pretty good. However only $6 for dark knight blu ray.

They also only accept recent dvds

[quote name='CombatCraig']Heck yes. No more Craigslist

Scratch that, the only movie I had they wanted was Batman Begins and it was worth 2.50 :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The Amazon fuckers screwed me out of Batman Begins for $4 last Black Friday. They canceled the order weeks later and told me to buy the $13 version, they should have given me the $13 version for $4.

yes I'm still pissed about that!

I paid $60 new for Six Feet Under and they would give me $30 back... Not bad if I couldn't sell it in the marketplace for $60+ used!

Amazon = the new Gamestop?

i think it's because they're using a third-party affiliate for trade-ins. i can't see amazon having that higher of values if they did it themselves, but it reminds me of liquidators taking over the big business closings we've seen as of late.

[quote name='erectiontown']i think it's because they're using a third-party affiliate for trade-ins. i can't see amazon having that higher of values if they did it themselves, but it reminds me of liquidators taking over the big business closings we've seen as of late.[/QUOTE]

But they are giving out amazon gift card and amazon advertise them. They can't just blame it on them being a third party.

Yeah I found out about this yesterday. Getting rid of a few things I don't want to put up on eBay or that I just couldn't get rid of on eBay.

I'm sending them my Monty Python and the Holy Grail Deluxe Edition for about $8 when I couldn't even sell it on eBay with five other DVDs for a lousy $10.

Also, saved me the trouble of putting up The Cosby Show Season 1 and He-Man Season 1 Vol. 2 on eBay.

For a lot of single movies, yeah the prices aren't that great, but they are no worse than what FYE or the like would give out. I found a couple TV show dvds with decent trade-in prices, so I'll probably send those in and make ~$25

Thanks for the heads up OP

Well seeing how I have been thinking about unloading 90% of my DVD collection due to needing more space and wanting to upgrade to BD I thought about giving this a shot. However the first 2 movies I looked up (300 & 1408 on SD DVD) were not on the list I don't think I'm going to do this. Also I would rather have cash so I guess I'm taking them a few at a time to Slackers, saturday matinee or maybe BBV. It is nice however that they are paying for shipping however i did think the amount they were willing to give for most the movies is a little low or really high depending on what it is.

Well after looking in the TV shows I might have some that I will send. Just would rather have cash or a Visa/Master Card gift card I can use anywhere.

I'm actually looking for a few things

24 season 2-4, 6,7
Prison Break
Heroes
Peanuts (Charlie Brown stuff)

Let me know if you're going to sell these to amazon and I'll pay you paypal instead! :)

I have a bunch of DVDs and hardly any of them are eligible to be traded in. It seems odd to me to offer a service like this and make it so limited.

Thought I would trade in some TV box sets and some other stuff but now I'm not even sure. I was going to traid in thies but with only getting 67.50 on a gift card I have to use at amazon I'm not sure. It is more then what I would get for thies at most other places if they would take them at all. Hell once I trade in the slip cover for Ocean's Trilogy they might not even take it.

The Tick - The Entire Series - $6.75
Ren & Stimpy - The Complete First and Second Seasons - $7.50
Captain N The Game Master - The Complete Series - $11.00
Penn & Teller - Bullsh*t! - The First Season - $9.75
Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 (Episodes 11-20) - $9.50
Battlestar Galactica - Season 2.0 (Episodes 1-10) - $10.00
Ocean's Trilogy (Ocean's Eleven / Ocean's Twelve / Ocean's Thirteen) [HD DVD] - $6.50
Battlestar Galactica - Season One [HD DVD] - $4.25
Batman Begins [HD DVD] - $2.25
Total 9 $67.50

[quote name='bigdaddy']Amazon = the new Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

What exactly do you want them to do? There are a lot of factors why they can't give you a better price than you would like. I would love for them to give me more than half the price I've payed on some items but its simply not going to happen, because for all the discs that they end up reselling there is a pile that will eventually be liquated for less than they payed you for, or possibly thrown out.

Can you get better prices on ebay/amazon marketplace? Definitely! But keep in mind that Amazon is providing a service for you and there has to be profit in it for them. If you want more you can always sell it yourself.

[quote name='silentspork']What exactly do you want them to do? There are a lot of factors why they can't give you a better price than you would like. I would love for them to give me more than half the price I've payed on some items but its simply not going to happen, because for all the discs that they end up reselling there is a pile that will eventually be liquated for less than they payed you for, or possibly thrown out.

Can you get better prices on ebay/amazon marketplace? Definitely! But keep in mind that Amazon is providing a service for you and there has to be profit in it for them. If you want more you can always sell it yourself.[/QUOTE]

You also have to remember that selling through amazon and ebay also incur costs for listing, selling, packing supplies etc and those used dvds may sit there for many months and not sell. If you want a sure thing today this trade in deal is not so bad for some items.

[quote name='ServerKing']I will give u 13.00 for:

Ocean's Trilogy (Ocean's Eleven / Ocean's Twelve / Ocean's Thirteen) [HD DVD] - $6.50[/QUOTE]

I got disc only of the 3 ocean hd dvd brand new. Send me a pm if you are interest

In case anyone hasn't looked at the shipping label, it's for NorAm International, the company that did Nip/Tuck S4 on BR for $5.49. Thread about them over here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223078

I'm sending them some stuff that hasn't sold in the places I've tried to sell it, and I'll be happy it's gone. Figuring in everything that would cost for eBay/Amazon Marketplace sales, such as listing price, shipping and the like, it'll work for my purposes.

They have some decent video game trade-in prices. Better than Gamestop at least. I am trading in:

LittleBigPlanet - $25.25
Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - $20.25

The Woody Allen Collection (Hannah and Her Sisters/Purple Rose of Cairo/etc. - $14.50
Bones: Complete First Season - $9
Saving Grace: Season 1 - $12.50

I payed $20 for the Bones/Saving Grace two-pack at Wal-Mart for $20, so I'm pretty much making back what I spent on those.

Anyway, my total came to $81.50. Not too shabby.

I can certainly say they were quick about dropping the GC in my Amazon account once they received it. The box arrived yesterday morning and by early afternoon I had an email saying they received it and posted my GC's to my account.

bread's done
Back