Amazon: Otomedius Excellent (standard edition) $5.80 prime eligible

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!
Not sure if anyone else cares. But I've been looking for Otomedius Excellent for a cheap price for a while. $5.80 with free prime shipping seems like a hell of a deal to me. Keep in mind this is the standard and not the special edition.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003WY86NE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1399556254&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

P.s. Deathsmiles limited edition is also $8.51 at walmart right now. Can do free in store pickup. That's for you shmup fans.

OE is not a particularly good game, even as a shmups enthusiast as I am.  For $5 bucks though, it's a good deal.  Deathsmiles however is fantastic.  At that price, I'd almost buy another LE, but the faceplate is only good for the old style 360 form factor, and already have the soundtrack.

It is saying that Deathsmiles LE is out of stock on the walmart website.  Are you accessing it from the mobile website and it's giving you a different availability status?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a big fan of schmups.  I was excited to pick up OE when I found it at a local store for $5.  I feel like most games are worth $5.  OE isn't.  :( 

I haven't been a big player of shmups since the snes days (gradius iii, r type), but I've had a hankering to give them another go. Luckily I picked up death smiles LE before I went to bed last night, but it sounds like OE isn't really worth it?

Only one word came to mind when I played OE.... uninspiring.  I'm not really sure what it was about this game that made it bad really, it's just that nothing really stood out about it.  From levels, to backgrounds, to bosses, it all just seemed "blah" to me. I thought controls (which are really important for shmups) were tight, and if you've played any gradius game you'd be familiar with the gameplay itself.  Again, I'm not really sure what it was about the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back