Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Severose']I can't figure out how to rip a DVD. I tried brute force and it cracked. How the hell do I go about ripping a DVD!?[/QUOTE]
It's all about leverage. :lol:
I've ripped tons of BVD's and never had a problem.

I already know I'm going to love Hotline Miami but I'm like 95% sure it'll be $5 during the steam winter sale and I have a ton of games I need to play.

Conflicted.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']I already know I'm going to love Hotline Miami but I'm like 95% sure it'll be $5 during the steam winter sale and I have a ton of games I need to play.

Conflicted.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy FTL? If you didn't buy FTL then you are indebted to good games and need to buy Hotline Miami. If you did buy FTL then you should have no problem paying cash money for Hotline Miami too.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Is this a good program? I've been thinking of getting one. Does it decode? Or do I still need something else for that?[/QUOTE]

I can vouch got it a few years ago for free off of their Halloween give away, works pretty well for me and has been of great assistance on car/train rides.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']I already know I'm going to love Hotline Miami but I'm like 95% sure it'll be $5 during the steam winter sale and I have a ton of games I need to play.

Conflicted.[/QUOTE]

Same.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Did you buy FTL? If you didn't buy FTL then you are indebted to good games and need to buy Hotline Miami. If you did buy FTL then you should have no problem paying cash money for Hotline Miami too.[/QUOTE]

What does Faster Than Light have to do with Hotline Miami?

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Don't forget, the GameSpot promos are NOT Amazon Digital Exclusive deals; the promos include both Amazon Digital and Amazon Physical deals. In the case of Starcraft 2 [great deal btw], I would expect it's a physical deal.[/QUOTE]

I expect that it's probably the physical version, which (a) introduces shipping as a potential added cost and (2) means a multiple-day delay between purchase and play. Not that either of those factors are deal-breakers; they're just things that don't exist in a download-only environment.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Did you buy FTL? If you didn't buy FTL then you are indebted to good games and need to buy Hotline Miami. If you did buy FTL then you should have no problem paying cash money for Hotline Miami too.[/QUOTE]

I also have idea what the two games have in common.....other than the fact this man somehow agrees with me in thinking they are both fantastic.

Get out of my mind!

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']I also have idea what the two games have in common.....other than the fact this man somehow agrees with me in thinking they are both fantastic.

Get out of my mind![/QUOTE]

Ten dollar, well received indie games with a simple, but nice 2D style and a focus on unique gameplay mechanics.

I guess you can say that about a lot of indie games, but for some reason I lump these two games together in my head, as well.

Crazy good price although the 'full shebang' package is $50 list on Steam which would take it to $12.50 if it goes to 75% off... which I have a pretty good feeling it will because THQ is poor and all.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Is this a good program? I've been thinking of getting one. Does it decode? Or do I still need something else for that?[/QUOTE]

Handbrake has handled all my DVD ripping needs for years. You will probably need to install VLC as well. VLC handles DVD playback as well. Both are FOSS. And remember kids, when you're downloading GPL, you're downloading Communism.

images

Well, shit... I just bought SR3 Season Pass and already own it. Anyone wanna buy it off of me for the current sale price ($5.00)?

Nevermind, gonna shoot for a refund or credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
whats the better open world game? sr3 or sleeping dogs? Im halfway through sleeping dogs (bought from amazon.) but does sr3 offer a different enough gameplay to purchase?

[quote name='gomikeoh']whats the better open world game? sr3 or sleeping dogs? Im halfway through sleeping dogs (bought from amazon.) but does sr3 offer a different enough gameplay to purchase?[/QUOTE]

The humor, alone, is worth it (to me, anyway). It's a game full of mindless fun that doesn't take itself too seriously.

[quote name='georgebot84']Tony
will the editor's choice games (the ones we can use the $5.00 promo credit on) be on sale in January, or will they be full price?[/QUOTE]

Assuming that it's run like they did last year, they will be on sale. In fact, last year they even price matched a few games that Steam had on sale. On at least one occasion, it was possible to get a game for free after coupon (Medal Of Honor).

Last year I had 7 coupons and I picked up the following. The price listed is after $5 coupon.

Duke Nukem Forever - $0.99
Crysis 2 - $4.99
The Sims 3 Deluxe (base game plus Ambitions expansion) - $16.99
The Sims 3: Generations - $12.99
Spore - $2.99
Dragon Age Pack (both DA1 & DA2) - $6.99
Crysis Maximum Edition - $3.99

[quote name='The End']Assuming that it's run like they did last year, they will be on sale. In fact, last year they even price matched a few games that Steam had on sale. On at least one occasion, it was possible to get a game for free after coupon (Medal Of Honor).

Last year I had 7 coupons and I picked up the following. The price listed is after $5 coupon.

Duke Nukem Forever - $0.99
Crysis 2 - $4.99
The Sims 3 Deluxe (base game plus Ambitions expansion) - $16.99
The Sims 3: Generations - $12.99
Spore - $2.99
Dragon Age Pack (both DA1 & DA2) - $6.99
Crysis Maximum Edition - $3.99[/QUOTE]
Duke was free the second time it was on sale, listed as Mac version but came with a steam key.

It looks like Space Marine is what a lot of people are missing from the THQ pack, I'd like to throw my name into the pot as it's all I don't have (and want) from the bundle. If someone already has it and is planning on picking up the THQ pack please shoot me a PM.

Hey, I see the $5 promo credit already on games.

Yay!

Also works on things like the Saint's Row pack and DLC As well (2 $5 credits there) and the prototype pack!!

"
Order this product between now and 12/31/2012 and receive a $5 promotional credit good towards any of the "Editor's Choice" game downloads in the month of January 2013. You will receive an email with your promotional code and redemption instructions. Qualifying credits for this promotion may only be used one at a time. Here's how (restrictions apply)
"

Editor's choice games (looks to be pending now):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511

FINE PRINT:

To Receive the Promotion:
1. Purchase the qualifying item described in the offer
2. We will send you an email with your promotional code, redeemable in, January.
3. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511, click "Buy and Download", and your promotional credit will be automatically applied. Qualifying credits for this promotion may only be used one at a time.
4. Credit must be used by 1/31/2013

Terms and Conditions
. The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.US customers only.
. If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect or during any preceding pre-order period, if applicable, the promotional credit will not apply.
. The promotion applies only to qualifying items displaying the offer message on their product information pages.
. The promotion applies only the digital download version of the Editor's Choice video game downloads of 2012 found on this page http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511, available for digital distribution on Amazon.com
. If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional credit, we will subtract the value of the promotional credit from your return credit.
. Offer good while supplies last.
. Void where prohibited.

It probably just flipped...What's great is that it works for nearly every DLC I've found so if you want anything on the Editor's Choice list, you can pick up a lower cost DLC for the $5. Of course, this is assuming the prices in Jan will be decent which it was last year.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']Is there anyone who's played both FIFA Manager and Football Manager, and can review/compare/recommend? I like the price, but it's a little above my "impulse" range. (I'm also one of those dirty Americans who could only last about twelve seconds in a footy-centric conversation, so the learning curve is important.)

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I would strongly nudge anybody towards the latter product.

Conflicted.[/QUOTE]

If you're not on Windows:phone Edition (aka Win8), get it now.

[quote name='gomikeoh']whats the better open world game? sr3 or sleeping dogs? Im halfway through sleeping dogs (bought from amazon.) but does sr3 offer a different enough gameplay to purchase?[/QUOTE]

They're both jolly. SR3 is more a game you'll end up playing with mods ( http://idolninja.com/blog/?cat=10 , http://saintsrowmods.com/ ).

Guys, don't buy darksiders 2 season pass. THQ is the closer to bankruptcy than ever in the past. They could turn it around but it will be rough. If they file chapter 7, whoever picks up the parts will be under no obligation to honor the pass. Same thing if they go into chapter 11.

[quote name='Blaster man']Guys, don't buy darksiders 2 season pass. THQ is the closer to bankruptcy than ever in the past. They could turn it around but it will be rough. If they file chapter 7, whoever picks up the parts will be under no obligation to honor the pass. Same thing if they go into chapter 11.[/QUOTE]

Really?

[quote name='Blaster man']Guys, don't buy darksiders 2 season pass. THQ is the closer to bankruptcy than ever in the past. They could turn it around but it will be rough. If they file chapter 7, whoever picks up the parts will be under no obligation to honor the pass. Same thing if they go into chapter 11.[/QUOTE]

But the DLC the season pass cover are already out, you just get them cheaper with i guess, and the armor.

Hasn't all the season pass stuff been released already? I was under the impression it was 3 single player packs

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Hasn't all the season pass stuff been released already? I was under the impression it was 3 single player packs[/QUOTE]

You could be right. That's a pretty lame "season".

[quote name='rasvelen']Tony how about those who bought prototype 2 early? Will we get the $5 promotion code?[/QUOTE]

I bought it early as well and missed the $5 promo, but am actually ok for some reason with not getting the $5 since it probably wasn't supposed to happen yet...

Course, I wouldn't mind if Tony sent some codes our way. :)

FYI...You can get the five dollar promotional credit for downloading the FREE Dungeon Siege 3 demo. Just had the credit e-mailed to me.

[quote name='yangwenli']I bought it early as well and missed the $5 promo, but am actually ok for some reason with not getting the $5 since it probably wasn't supposed to happen yet...

Course, I wouldn't mind if Tony sent some codes our way. :)[/QUOTE]

THIS!!!

I bought SR: The Third earlier in Mid-July; AND Prototype Pack when last Friday when was part of the GameSpot-Amazon DVG Friday, as well.

I don't expect a $5 promo code b/c it was bought before this Promo hit - but, $5 coupon codes being sent our way would be a nice surprise! :D

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']double dipped on Saints Row. That game is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

The second one is on discount also, highly unstable PC port but surprisingly much better than SR3.

[quote name='wtsutton']FYI...You can get the five dollar promotional credit for downloading the FREE Dungeon Siege 3 demo. Just had the credit e-mailed to me.[/QUOTE]
Do i have to download or just "buy" it

[quote name='Tallkido']Do i have to download or just "buy" it[/QUOTE]

Just "buy" it. I have like ten already. :D

I don't know if it works on the "Game Connect" stuff but it is working on all free demos.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Thank you for your purchase from Amazon.com. It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $5 credit toward the purchase of select game downloads starting 1/1/2012 and good through 1/31/2012.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]

[SIZE=-1]Shou[SIZE=-1]ld be 201[SIZE=-1]3 instead of 2012.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='MysterD']THIS!!!

I bought SR: The Third earlier in Mid-July; AND Prototype Pack when last Friday when was part of the GameSpot-Amazon DVG Friday, as well.

I don't expect a $5 promo code b/c it was bought before this Promo hit - but, $5 coupon codes being sent our way would be a nice surprise! :D[/QUOTE]

It would be better if Tony applies the promotional codes to those who bought applicable games after he announced that the $5 codes will happen again. :D Though i'm not saying we're entitled for it.

[quote name='rasvelen']It would be better if Tony applies the promotional codes to those who bought applicable games after he announced that the $5 codes will happen again. :D Though i'm not saying we're entitled for it.[/QUOTE]

That would work, too! :D

[quote name='Eucliwood'][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1] [SIZE=-1]Shou[SIZE=-1]ld be 201[SIZE=-1]3 instead of 2012.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
Not for demo "purchases" :lol:

Tony I would like to report a "hole" in your system regarding the $5 promotional code. Anyone can actually download a demo and still receieve the $5. I'm not sure if this is intended or a glitch in the system. To fellow cheapassgamers, please don't regard this as a kill joy move. I did this because I don't want Tony to lose his job. :(

[quote name='rasvelen']Tony I would like to report a "hole" in your system regarding the $5 promotional code. Anyone can actually download a demo and still receieve the $5. I'm not sure if this is intended or a glitch in the system. To fellow cheapassgamers, please don't regard this as a kill joy move. I did this because I don't want Tony to lose his job. :([/QUOTE]

Seconded tony is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back