Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tony, you said earlier that there were so many games to list that you are having trouble fitting them all in the first two posts. There are two possible solutions.

1) Start a new thread and reserve the first 3 or 4 posts. We're getting close to the point in time where you might want to do this anyway. We're starting to see glitches in this thread. Might be best to start anew before the mad rush of the next 6 weeks completely cripples this thread.

2) Ask CheapyD to insert a 3rd post for you into this thread. I'm pretty sure CheapyD can do this. Though if I'm wrong about that, see option 1.

[quote name='kaydigi']Can Anyone confirm that Call of Duty 1 and United Offensive work on Windows 7?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dev518']They're all Mac versions.[/QUOTE]

Just to add, I'm still rocking the disk version of COD1 and UO on Windows 7 and it works just fine, but yeah that's the Mac download version on Amazon.

[quote name='Mooby']Personally I've never understood the need to 'double dip' (as they say). Only reason I'd say you'd have to get it is if they don't offer/sell the added 'Prepare to Die' content on PS3.[/QUOTE]

There really isn't much going on as far as mods yet for PC too. And since the PC version is really just a straight console port, I really don't see much appeal for Dark Souls on PC.

[quote name='Echoes']Just to add, I'm still rocking the disk version of COD1 and UO on Windows 7 and it works just fine, but yeah that's the Mac download version on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I still have COD1 + UO on disc.
While I did finish COD1, I never did finish UO.
This is good to know.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Also, in going through the list I found out we sell this and it will be $3.50 during this sale...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZSIIRG

I'm buying it. I miss Burger Time.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, HECK yeah. My wife and I went to see Wreck-It Ralph yesterday, and I noticed in the credits that I had missed a Peter Pepper cameo somewhere. If I had room in my house for a classic arcade console, Burger Time would be one of my top 5 choices.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Also, while digging through deals I also found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Inter...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00A7CANFI

$9.99, sending emails now to make sure we have Steam keys for everything, will confirm.
[/QUOTE]

Will any of the individual parts be on sale? All of the Majesty bits and the Warlock base game were purchased in previous Paradox packs. Defenders of Ardania and the Warlock DLC are the items that would intrigue me.

(Speaking of Warlock DLC... is there an error on the Power of the Serpent DLC page? The image is of the base game, and the price ($19.99) corresponds to the base game too. Your gaseous-water competitor prices this DLC at $2.99; so I'm thinking that either the DLC page is actually (unintentionally) selling the base game, or that the pricing is waaay off.)

(Looks like Rerujnoc noticed the same thing; linking his comment for reference.)

[quote name='Mac the Geek']
Will any of the individual parts be on sale? All of the Majesty bits and the Warlock base game were purchased in previous Paradox packs. Defenders of Ardania and the Warlock DLC are the items that would intrigue me.
[/QUOTE]

In the same boat as you. Counting on Amazon to price match when Steam inevitably puts the stuff at 75% off during their sale.

Can I get a Scribblenauts Unlimited MEGA AWESOME DEAL up in this hizzouse!?!?!

Or maybe like $10 off? Even though it just released :p

[quote name='Satoru']Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought BO was going to show up on the Amazon deals?[/QUOTE]

This, hope everyone still remember that MW2+BO1 bundle deal

[quote name='espy605']I haven't played Stalker, but I LOVE Metro 2033 (although I know they are from the same developers). Highly underrated and missed gem. Although not the newest game, you'd be surprised at how demanding the game can be graphically even on the most expensive rigs. Great game, not perfect, but thoroughly a good time. Can't wait for the sequel.[/QUOTE]

Metro 2033 is one of the best games to benchmark a rig. I always use the "Chase" sequence in my reviews

[quote name='ParticleReality']If you own BF3 already, buying the premium edition turns your account into premium. $30 is a pretty good deal on that.[/QUOTE]

Here is a little hint but highly YMMV. Anybody who gets BF3 Premium Edition can contact Origin chat support and ask them to give him an alternative key for BF3 base game so it wouldn't be wasted when he activates Premium Edition. Then he can sell/trade that key. That would make the $30 deal even better :D

[quote name='Garbanzo']Suppose you activate Inversion via a US IP, can you play it outside the US after that?[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes ;)

Doesn anybody know whether Dark Souls PTD is region locked or not ?

Anyone know what time [&time zone] will the deals normally start? I'm in a different part of the world this year so gotta plan accordingly..TIV

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Anyone tried Sonic 3 and Knuckles or Sonic CD? I was thinking of getting S3 and K but that one long review made it seem not ideal.[/QUOTE]

I only bought Sonic CD since it's the only Sonic game I never played before. The game itself works and plays great. I always felt lost in these Sonic games though and I don't even really understand the time travel mechanic, but I'm in like the 5th zone and loving it.

It has a manual in the game menu, so once I decide to read it I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more.

Any idea if the Dreamcast Pack ($4,99) activates on Steam? Would be awesome and insta-buy!

Also, any hopes for NBA sale? $5 for 2k12 and $15 for 2k13 would be total annihilation, imo.

Thanks, Darrith.

Lots of people have very valid questions, but for the moment, I think that until Tony responds, we should assume that this is the complete list of games that activate on Steam.

I also think it would be useful to try and post this near the top of every new page, but feel free to tell me I'm wrong :lol:

[quote name='Darrith']Newly updated. List of sale games which activate on STEAM. Posted at NeoGAF, credit to Xelios.

-------------------------------------------------------

100% confirmed Steam keys according to Amazon pages -- WORK IN PROGRESS. [highlight]Civilization Mac codes give you the Windows version as well -- CONFIRMED.[/highlight] If a game is MAC and activates on Steam you will get the Windows version as well in almost all cases. Thanks to Isaccard for the early heads up on the links so I could get started.

Starting 11/16 until ???:

Starting 11/18 - 11/25:

Payday: The Heist series: (Unknown dates - thanks to 7extonly)

Serious Sam Series: (Unknown dates - thanks to 7extonly)

Starting 11/18-11/24:

Starting 11/18-11/25:

Starting 11/18-11/26:

Starting 11/19-11/20:

11/23:

11/23-11/26:

11/23-11/25:

• Pint Sized Paradox Package - $5.99 Contains:
    • Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
      [*]Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
      [*]Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
      [*]Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
      [*]Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
      [*]Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
      [*]Majesty 2 Collection
      [*]Majesty Gold - HD
      [*]Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Plentiful Paradox Package - $9.99 Contains:
    • Crusader Kings II
      [*]Magicka Collection
      [*]Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC
      [*]Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection
      [*]Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
      [*]Victoria II
11/24-11/25:

11/26:

[/QUOTE]

Hey Tony and Hi everyone

Any word about Call of Duty: Black Ops + MW2 bundle price? Or Black Ops will have a discount?

Thank you!

Are there going to be more Civ V: Gods & Kings codes? I picked up the GOTY yesterday and wanted to play it a bit before plunking down on the expansion. Looks like I should have just gotten both yesterday to be safe.

"Screw it," I says, and goes to buy the THQ Medley pack and Saints Row 3rd.

They're dead. Back to retail price.

LOL, my luck.

[quote name='ndawgdrake']Got a 5$ credit for NFS: Most Wanted from buying NFS: The Run a few weeks back. Will I be able to use the credit on the $19.99 Most Wanted deal on the 23rd?[/QUOTE]

I hope you can. This would be a great deal if it's possible.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Anyone tried Sonic 3 and Knuckles or Sonic CD? I was thinking of getting S3 and K but that one long review made it seem not ideal.[/QUOTE]

Sonic CD is terrific, looks good in widescreen.

[quote name='gunscell']quick question, the $5 credits to be use in january, can it be stack together for 1 game?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly Tony explained that you can't use more than one full five dollar credit on a purchase BUT if you buy something with a credit and you have, say, two dollars left over from the credit, that two will carry over to the next purchase in addition to another five. That is what happened with me last year and it confused the hell out of me.

[quote name='cranky2']"Screw it," I says, and goes to buy the THQ Medley pack and Saints Row 3rd.

LOL, my luck.[/QUOTE]

I believe that tony said that there was a chance that the THQ Medley pack might re-appear as a deal of the week if it sold well enough. So you might have another shot.

[quote name='gunscell']quick question, the $5 credits to be use in january, can it be stack together for 1 game?[/QUOTE]

No. Just one code per purchase.

EDIT: to wtsutton's post above me. Oh, I see. If that's true, if you want to buy two different items and one is say $2.50, and the other is $15, it's better to buy the $2.50 item first so you can stack the promo. Interesting.

Short answer: nope

Sorry, one code per purchase and they do not give any partial credit if the game is less than $5. Still this is a great deal. I was able to pick up several games last year for free or less than $2.50. Unfortunately, I restarted my random game buying habit again and now it is hard to stop.
Tony, any chance the Disney Family Pack might come back?

[quote name='cranky2']"Screw it," I says, and goes to buy the THQ Medley pack and Saints Row 3rd.

LOL, my luck.[/QUOTE]

I think we do this on purpose because we actually don't want to buy and just delay and say "Damn, missed it" when we can't get it anymore.

Quick question I have been out for the past few days, did the credit on demos ever get resolved, I know tony fixed the issue, but did those credits get revoked? It would make sense if they did I just wanted to know.

[quote name='yangwenli'] I think we do this on purpose because we actually don't want to buy and just delay and say "Damn, missed it" when we can't get it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, LOL. If SpaceMarines goes up on Steam for $3.99, I'd be more satisfied with that purchase, versus spending $9.99 for SpaceMarines and maybe two other games I'd actually play and three games that I'd never buy. Broken logic, perhaps, but I just see the $5-ish difference better spent towards another game I actually want.

[quote name='seamoss']If anyone does buy BG&E from Amazon, please let the rest of us know what the DRM is.[/QUOTE]
It's DRM-free.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Quick question I have been out for the past few days, did the credit on demos ever get resolved, I know tony fixed the issue, but did those credits get revoked? It would make sense if they did I just wanted to know.[/QUOTE]
Tony said it was under discussion among the Powers That Be.

[quote name='Echoes']Just to add, I'm still rocking the disk version of COD1 and UO on Windows 7 and it works just fine, but yeah that's the Mac download version on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the catch. Guess i'm done with sale since COD BO seems to be dead. Is CIV 5 activating correctly on Steam?

[quote name='ars9876']Sorry, one code per purchase and they do not give any partial credit if the game is less than $5.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if the partial credit statement is entirely true. Last year I bought Shogun 2. It was 7.49 and I had several credits on my account. The invoice shows two different promotions being applied...one for 5.00...the other for 2.49. This happened after I used a 5.00 credit to purchase Rome Total War for 2.50 (which ate up half of one of the 5.00 credits).

Then I purchased NFS:HP for 9.99. It applied one full 5.00 credit and two partial credits (2.51 and 2.49) to cover the rest.

Tony explained earlier in the thread that it won't apply multiple FULL 5.00 credits. But if you buy something that is less than 5.00, what is left was carrying over to the next purchase.

At least that is how it was last year (looking at my invoices).

[quote name='gomikeoh']EA games 99.9% will be origin exclusive. [/QUOTE]
None of those games in the bundle require the Origin client.

[quote name='The End']

EDIT: to wtsutton's post above me. Oh, I see. If that's true, if you want to buy two different items and one is say $2.50, and the other is $15, it's better to buy the $2.50 item first so you can stack the promo. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter which you will buy first, either way you will end up paying $12.50 for both :D

Tony, why isn't Xpand Rally available for sale? I bought it from Amazon two years ago, and I would like to get another copy for the multiplayer key. However, even though it is listed on the sale page, it is not available and wasn't available in previous sales either when it was supposed to be. Why? I have had no problems running the game on Windows XP and 7 or playing online with the provided code. The game is drm-free aside from the Internet multiplayer code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back