Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UW_Shocks']I seriously doubt it.
Amazon has had the better deals when compared to STEAM, and Deep Silver [the publisher] seems to favor 66% off sales over 75% [I've been following DI and Risen series for a while].

I seriously think STEAM Winter Sale will have DI-GOTY for the same price Amazon has it right now; and it will sell like hotcakes.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I may just have to buy it now then. But really, I'd like to know some of what these 5$ credits I'm stacking up will work for.

[quote name='Mooby']So... Risen 2 price... what's up?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']That is what is up.. the price for Risen 2... rimshot...

Wild guess because I like to guess wildly, maybe they sent out the coupon early - was supposed to go out tomorrow, hence why it was on sale today and wasn't meant to double stack like it it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Don't crush my dreams, sir![/QUOTE]

[quote name='UW_Shocks']That's what I'm thinking OR, Risen was not supposed to be a stand alone deal [hence to why it's not on the first page].[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
crushedcan.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Unfortunately it looks like that's the reason they jacked the price of Risen 2 back up. Ah well, lost a sale from me![/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

Sorry about the confusion here. The way the Student promo was supposed to work was it was supposed to bring the price down to $XX.XX for only student members, NOT give XX% off the current price. Due to the cross over, and the fact that we'd already distributed the Student emails, I put the original pricing back in place.

Again, sorry for the confusion, new programs/tools, kicking the tires and all that.

I'm 99.99% sure we'll get that sale back from you on another game Mooby :).

[quote name='TheKbob']Tony, I could very well buy XCOM from Steam, but I think I'll get it on Amazon just because of your efforts specifically. Not that supporting one large corporation over another smaller, yet still large private corporation makes a big hill of beans, but if it means you get some good kudos, then so be it.

I'll be holding off for anything $5 or less now since I KNOW XCOM will consume my time. Get me Mark of the Ninja at $5 or less, and we're in business![/QUOTE]

Woot thanks man!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
I'm 99.99% sure we'll get that sale back from you on another game Mooby :).
[/QUOTE]

Most likely. ;) But now I'm holding off on Risen 2 until it plummets to... $5! I will wait until the end of time itself (plus it would probably run poorly on my dated rig)! In the future, though, I need you to be less on top of things and let those glitches hang for a couple of hours. =p

Figures...Risen 2 and the Paradox War Chest were the only two things I was interested in.

Please don't mess with the impending War Chest. ;)

Thanks for the explanation about Risen 2, Tony. I'll wait until you guys have it on sale again as I'm in no rush. Anyway, hope you have a great Thanksgiving, and thanks for the Walking Dead deal. I'm a huge chicken baby when it comes to zombies but I'm going to give the game a chance!

[quote name='cecilvaliant']Anyone think the walking dead game will go lower during steam sales? Waiting for $10 point...[/QUOTE]

Don't sweat the $2.50 and buy it now. Seriously, game of the year contender. Finished it on PS3 and paid full price. I do not feel ripped off in the slightest.

Walk, no RUN, to your nearest Amazon terminal and press the *dispense* button today!;)

[quote name='cecilvaliant']Anyone think the walking dead game will go lower during steam sales? Waiting for $10 point...[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, thats why I grabbed it for 12.50

wouldn't hurt to wait it out though because you never know

If the Risen 2 deal comes back at some point, does it still contain the Treasure Isle DLC? It's mentioned as being a preorder bonus, so you might want to take that out of the description if it's not still applicable.

[quote name='whitereflection']The Dreamcast pack is back. I think Tony said that the games are now DRM-free? And it comes with the $5 promo credit. Great deal.[/QUOTE]

Crazy Taxi still has Crazy DRM.

Everything else is either DRM free or Steam (Jet Set Radio).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='NeoGutsman']RAGE is only $4.99 (free shipping) at NewEgg. It's the Anarchy Edition (not mentioned on the site, but I can confirm that's the version I received, as well as other CAGers) Registers on Steam, too.[/QUOTE]

Yep, but i'm on Venezuela so i'm gonna have to pay extra to bring the game here :lol:.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys, before anyone asks, we're matching Steam :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Matching them for real or ninja like Risen :lol: sorry had too

I'm thinking tail end of Winter Sale in January, Risen 2 is 66% off on Steam, Amazon matches, insert $5 promo code, profit. It's a low-stakes game of chicken!

[quote name='Mooby']I'm thinking tail end of Winter Sale in January, Risen 2 is 66% off on Steam, Amazon matches, insert $5 promo code, profit. It's a low-stakes game of chicken![/QUOTE]

Sounds about right! I know this happened a few times last year!

[quote name='darwalker23']Hey Tony,

I asked a few pages back but you might have missed it, is there any plans for a sale on Guild Wars 2 DD this week?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we'll have a $10 coupon (good for any DVG) with the purchase of the Standard Edition ($59.99) or the Deluxe edition for $59.99 ($20 off).

Cheers,
Tony

thank goodness for Amazon's instant order update. Can't count how many times I frantically clicked to buy a game and found that it's already in my back log...not sure if that's good or bad...

still waiting to see what Mr. T's got up his sleeves for the Dec/Jan sale. Some of the titles were much cheaper during last year's sale - according to my order history.

I want to pick up stormrise and two worlds - anyone played those on the PC? Are they worth it?

thanks

[quote name='TedKGB']Are we still getting Take2/rockstar deal details today?[/QUOTE]

yeah dude, i'm updating the OP throughout the day. I have a call with Squeenix in 20 minutes to chat so I want to wait until after that to fully update.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']yeah dude, i'm updating the OP throughout the day. I have a call with Squeenix in 20 minutes to chat so I want to wait until after that to fully update.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Right on, thanks for the reply!

[quote name='rybrad']Do you have a link for that? I would be interested to read his thoughts since most other devs seem to praise the bundles.[/QUOTE]

I don't, actually. Nor do I recall where I read it. Given that, it would be safest to assume I'm wrong on this and thinking of some other developer.

[quote name='AmazingHulk']Is Dead island goty steam key region restricted?[/QUOTE]

According to GAF its region locked to NA.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Crazy Taxi still has Crazy DRM.

Everything else is either DRM free or Steam (Jet Set Radio).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Any chance of that Crazy DRM (just for Crazy Taxi) going away in the near future? Or ever? Thanks in advance Tony.

-monkeyz

[quote name='TedKGB']According to GAF its region locked to NA.[/QUOTE]

Yeah,so that is why i am asking. Did someone who is not from NA succeed to activate it and played it?

[quote name='gilby']I don't, actually. Nor do I recall where I read it. Given that, it would be safest to assume I'm wrong on this and thinking of some other developer.[/QUOTE]
That's too bad, I would have liked to read a dissenting opinion. The bundles have pretty much devalued all indie games to me (except a very select few) to the point that I always wait for a bundle now. I suspect many other people feel the same way so it would be interesting to see what a participating dev thought.

[quote name='TedKGB']According to GAF its region locked to NA.[/QUOTE]

According to Trader's Guild announcement here its only restricted to the following countries:

DE NO SE FI DK PT ES FR IT AT CH LU LI BE NL IE IM JE GS GB IS MT LV LT EE CZ HU PL SK BG GR RO SI HR TR

The rest of the world could redeem and play the game just fine.

[quote name='rybrad']That's too bad, I would have liked to read a dissenting opinion. The bundles have pretty much devalued all indie games to me (except a very select few) to the point that I always wait for a bundle now. I suspect many other people feel the same way so it would be interesting to see what a participating dev thought.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just bought a newly released indie game for around $9 three weeks ago, now it will be in a $4 bundle with 3 other games in two weeks! So definitely triple think any indie purchases from now on.

I thought people who pay retail price for Indie games did not care about the price because they want to show support for the developer. Have times changed? [before anyone asks, I'm a indie bundle guy].

[quote name='rybrad']That's too bad, I would have liked to read a dissenting opinion. The bundles have pretty much devalued all indie games to me (except a very select few) to the point that I always wait for a bundle now. I suspect many other people feel the same way so it would be interesting to see what a participating dev thought.[/QUOTE]

I think it was the dev for frozen synapse that was angry about something.

[quote name='TheHeretic']According to Trader's Guild announcement hereDead Island GOTY its only restricted to the following countries:

DE NO SE FI DK PT ES FR IT AT CH LU LI BE NL IE IM JE GS GB IS MT LV LT EE CZ HU PL SK BG GR RO SI HR TR

The rest of the world could redeem and play the game just fine.[/QUOTE]

Anyone has a list of region-locked games on Steam? Does Origin do this too? :)

- Edit, anyone who bought Civilization V Gods & Kings got it working? I mean, I activated it without problems, but the game is crashing when I select my Directx options. Wondering if it is just me or it has something to do with the Mac thing.

Edit, working perfectly on the other DirectX mode. Might be some drivers problem :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI guys, before anyone asks, we're matching Steam :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I love you Tony! No homo.

[quote name='JostVice']Anyone has a list of region-locked games on Steam? Does Origin do this too? :)

- Edit, anyone who bought Civilization V Gods & Kings got it working? I mean, I activated it without problems, but the game is crashing when I select my Directx options. Wondering if it is just me or it has something to do with the Mac thing.[/QUOTE]

Someone posted earlier about buying it and playing it and loving it. So check your settings and make sure you have latest drivers installed. If you recently installed Windows 8 you might have to reinstall things.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, I just bought a newly released indie game for around $9 three weeks ago, now it will be in a $4 bundle with 3 other games in two weeks! So definitely triple think any indie purchases from now on.[/QUOTE]

I just got to the point where the only way to buy indie games is if i'm really dying to play it but in most cases i'm just waiting for it to be on any Indie Bundle. Unless is really cheap (For example Critter Crunch looks really tempting right now :p)

So what is up with this expansion? I see $7.50, but only for the MAC version, is the Windows version really double at $14.99? Will it be back to $7.50 at some point or did I miss out? Thanks if anyone can clear this up for me.

Does anyone have a link to the Amazon page for the Max Payne 3 + DLC (or season pass or whatever it's called) bundle? Has it even been posted? I can't keep track, anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back