Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aus_nacht']Tony,

Steam just put Sim City 4 for 5.99. Can you get the hamsters on a price match?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24780/

PS: preference if you can pull off steam activation but I don't know if you have any super hamsters available[/QUOTE]
If you want the steam version of the game, why do you want Amazon to price match it? Why wouldn't you just buy it from Steam?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']How do I tell if a game on Amazon can be activated on Steam? Im wondering about Test Drive Unlimited 2 in particular.[/QUOTE]

Quickest way: Ctrl+F and search for Steam on the game's Amazon page.

[quote name='JujuFish']Is it sad that I'm considering buying the Sega Genesis Classic Packs 1-4 separately instead of in the bundle so I get 4 credits instead of 1?[/QUOTE]

If you're completely uninterested in any of the contents of Classic Pack 5, then buying the other four packs individually is a fairly shrewd move. But Pack 5 costs more than the entire bundle; so if you want any of those games, you're better off buying the bundle.

The front page doesn't have a list of individual games on sale anymore; but there are quite a few games currently on sale in the $2 range. You can amass coupons pretty easily, if that's your game plan.

EDIT: Classic Pack 5 is at www.amazon.com/SEGA-Genesis-Classics-Series-Download/dp/B008H5323W/

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm genuinely surprised that Amazon hasn't set the precedent on a Crysis ME price yet. GameFly had it for $4.43 ages ago. Still $7 here?[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't decide the final sale price, the publisher does. Crysis ME probably had less sales on Gamefly than most other places so they lowered the price to help that distributor sell their product better.

Hey guys,

We aren't matching the flash deals due to their nature.

If I've missed any thus far feel free to just let me know again.

As for Game of Thrones deals, still getting final approvals.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Syntax Error']After IGN, G2PO and various Blue Coin discounts/paybacks, it's a mere $9 -- Sold![/QUOTE]

Yeah I bought that too, fantastic price for MP3!

[quote name='60fps']Amazon doesn't decide the final sale price, the publisher does. Crysis ME probably had less sales on Gamefly than most other places so they lowered the price to help that distributor sell their product better.[/QUOTE]

QFT

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='wankerjr']Amazon PCDD doesn't carry Bethesda digital downloads.[/QUOTE]

I see, it's just that the mac version of Rage is on sale.

[quote name='Englando IV']If you want the steam version of the game, why do you want Amazon to price match it? Why wouldn't you just buy it from Steam?[/QUOTE]

a) I have an amazon credit card so I get 3% back

b) I want the 5 dollar coupon

[quote name='M_F_A_H']This.[/QUOTE]

Amazon prices seem be be hand-edited, so typically between midnight and 1AM PST, longer if they are swamped, say on Black Friday. By way of note, GamersGate also seems to hand edit sales in. In contrast Steam seems to have some scheduling system (but are prone to hand edits and fixing).

Is Max Payne 3 Bundle activable outside US (ex. European IP addresses?) It's really good deal and I know some keys are region locked...

Help? :)

[quote name='omnicious']Will the Mass Effect Trilogy have all the DLC with it?[/QUOTE]

No, but it's so complex it would be better for you to google the info.

Hey Tony,

It's really cool to see NBA 2k13 discounted! But any hopes for cheap 2k12? $5 will be a killer deal and insta-buy for many people, plus there is a new game from the series already, it should be fine for the previous to be discounted :)

[quote name='asheskitty']Amazon prices seem be be hand-edited, so typically between midnight and 1AM PST, longer if they are swamped, say on Black Friday. By way of note, GamersGate also seems to hand edit sales in. In contrast Steam seems to have some scheduling system (but are prone to hand edits and fixing).[/QUOTE]

Negative, they are systematically changed for stuff we have planned deals on. PMs are also systematically done but when they get called out here I usually pop in and do them manually :).

Cheers,
Tony

Hey Tony, any plans for a Fall of Cybertron deal within the next few months? I know it's Activision so it's pretty unlikely, but thought I'd ask anyways.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

We aren't matching the flash deals due to their nature. [/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the Warlock DLC I want comes in the form of a daily deal. ;)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative, they are systematically changed for stuff we have planned deals on. PMs are also systematically done but when they get called out here I usually pop in and do them manually :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey Mr Amazon rep... Will Borderlands 2 be back? And will it also lower in price for people who just want to buy it? As in lower then $35.

[quote name='60fps']Amazon doesn't decide the final sale price, the publisher does. Crysis ME probably had less sales on Gamefly than most other places so they lowered the price to help that distributor sell their product better.[/QUOTE]
Oh I know, just surprises me how long ago GameFly had that price and how Amazon hasn't been able to get close to it. I already bought it on GameFly, so I'm not complaining, just surprised at the price. Not even $5.

Because we all know Amazon typically sets the bar... lol.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Hey Mr Amazon rep... Will Borderlands 2 be back? And will it also lower in price for people who just want to buy it? As in lower then $35.[/QUOTE]

OP says it'll be live tomorrow @$30.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative, they are systematically changed for stuff we have planned deals on. PMs are also systematically done but when they get called out here I usually pop in and do them manually :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Thanks for that. I guess the cases that required manual intervention stick out in my mind. I remember refresh monkeying a few of your deals around 12:30-40 AM PST.

GamersGate is really quite the hoot to watch. You can refresh and see human-time 4 daily deals changing over. Sometimes with short lived pricing errors (too high or low). Given that it happens at 8AM in Brittan, it seems plausible.

Looking forward to Dark Souls:prepare to Die =)

[quote name='asheskitty']Interesting. Thanks for that. I guess the cases that required manual intervention stick out in my mind. I remember refresh monkeying a few of your deals around 12:30-40 AM PST.

GamersGate is really quite the hoot to watch. You can refresh and see human-time 4 daily deals changing over. Sometimes with short lived pricing errors (too high or low). Given that it happens at 8AM in Brittan, it seems plausible.

Looking forward to Dark Souls:prepare to Die =)[/QUOTE]

Hey there, good question.

So the reason you can see prices taking 40-1/hr to propagate isn't anything to do with manual work vs. automation but rather one of latency in automation.

Cheers,
Tony

You actually have nothing I want, but that's just cause I got a bunch of good deals already. Best price I've seen for Borderlands 2. Just wish I didn't miss out on the Saints Row 3 season pass for 5 bucks.

I would get the GTA pack but I know it doesn't activate on Steam

Got the Gta pack. Great deal as usual.

[quote name='jester55']Anyone know?
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Can't say for sure but I would doubt it. It was never a Steamworks title.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']How do I tell if a game on Amazon can be activated on Steam? Im wondering about Test Drive Unlimited 2 in particular.[/QUOTE]

I have TDU2 PC from Amazon DVG.
Nope, not a Steam key.

[quote name='gigaislam']battlefield 3 premium edition (download pc ) no discount offer :( ?[/QUOTE]

The op shows bf3 premium 29.99 on 11/23

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We have it for $15 right now.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for matching Steam's Max Payne 3 (base game) PC download for $15 and also putting Non-Steam version at that price, as well!

I am not looking forward to doing the 30 GB download or so, but the Pats game is on right now...
So....ummm....I can do this!

EDIT:
Oh, snap - and this comes w/ a $5 BSO 2012 coupon for that upcoming Jan 2013 sale....
EPIC WIN.

EDIT 2:
Doing the download of Max Payne 3 - and just realized we can finally dictate where Installer files/folder go to any location we want now, where it says "Change" right below the download bar (like in the old days)!
It doesn't have to be forced to the Desktop!
AWESOME! :D

[quote name='shaggyc']The op shows bf3 premium 29.99 on 11/23[/QUOTE]

i checked it the offer includes every version at amazon but the pc download :(

[quote name='gigaislam']i checked it the offer includes every version at amazon but the pc download :([/QUOTE]
pc download version will start on 23rd(in few hours )

[quote name='gigaislam']i checked it the offer includes every version at amazon but the pc download :([/QUOTE]

It's going to be $24 at GameFly tomorrow AND EA starts their Origin.com deals at 9pm PST tonight. Wait to see who has the better deal!

[quote name='ParticleReality']It's going to be $24 at GameFly tomorrow AND EA starts their Origin.com deals at 9pm PST tonight. Wait to see who has the better deal![/QUOTE]
the problem is i am not from usa and there is no origin for my country and they always send me to origin irish version so i always buy games from amazon download or other keys shops :)

[quote name='Tallkido']when do all the deals for friday go live?[/QUOTE]

I would love to know this as well. Need to know if I should try and stay up late or set my alarm for the middle of the night to try and grab this.

[quote name='ParticleReality']It's going to be $24 at GameFly tomorrow AND EA starts their Origin.com deals at 9pm PST tonight. Wait to see who has the better deal![/QUOTE]

Is EA Origin's BF deals listed yet anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back