Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The End']I was just in the right place at the right time. Had I not been compelled to comment on Fox's creepy tongue fox gif, I might have just moved on to the next thread.

By the way, Tony had me test out the keys for Batman: Arkham City & Batman: Arkham Asylum to see if they would activate on steam. I'm happy to report 100% success.

Thanks again Tony. :)[/QUOTE]

Can you turn around and uninstall without having to "deactivate" and securom stuff?

[quote name='MysterD']Well, then who's gravy...? ;)[/QUOTE]

You since you have them both haha. Need to try out AA.

& I saw you picked up D3 for $10, good steal. Last one I'm guessing.

I'm with you on Sleeping Dogs too, I can wait.

60fps - me neither. wish I could use it on NBA 2K13. Not only is it not past 30 days its not even out yet (Amazon DD at least). lol

Anybody decide what they are using their code on? I can't think of anything beyond the past 30 days that I want.

[quote name='60fps']Anybody decide what they are using their code on? I can't think of anything beyond the past 30 days that I want.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no clue here either. Most the older than 30 day stuff I want I know I'll be able to get for much cheaper during the holiday sale since they are currently not on sale now. I own nearly everything that I do want that is currently on sale that I can tell right now.

[quote name='MC Kage']You since you have them both haha.[/quote]
Hehe! :)
Also, my reply "gravy" was a hint at a few Lil Wayne lines from one his songs (track #10) on Carter 4, if you didn't catch it... ;)
"Jumped on a Celly/Called Makaveli/He said he was gravy/I said I was jelly." - Lil Wayne.

Need to try out AA.
Both Batman: AC and AA are great, to say the least.
Batman: AC's better, though, if you ask me.

I saw you picked up D3 for $10, good steal. Last one I'm guessing.
Nope.
There was one D3 left at the Kingston, MA TRU, when I left yesterday (a little after 1-pm or so).
Lord knows if it's still there now - especially if people in MA decided to fly over there to go get it.

EDIT:
You might wanna call your local TRU, if you looking for D3...or any other PC games, since they're dumping many out at $10.
See here.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']OK, well here is where I would stand:

2. Scorch, I feel your pain, but my policy is I only buy what I am going to play or anticipate playing immediately at a higher price. Everything else I just wait. Almost every PC game will eventually hit $5 and with these bundles lately (indie and amazon) I find myself getting awesome AAA games for $2 or less sometimes! So unless I absolutely want something I just wait. Especially if I had a bandwidth cap.

Overall, I'm fine with the strategy. I buy at the price I am comfortable at. I bought Darkness II at $9.99 and turns out I might not be able to play it as soon as I though. Heard a $5 Halloween sale might be possible - great. No complaints here. I paid what I wanted when I wanted. I think a month is more than enough time between promoting the same game at a lower price. If you didn't play it within that month you need to adjust your strategy of buying games and wait until the $5 price point or lower for games that are getting into the backlog. [/QUOTE]

This is solid advice, especially if you're relatively new to buying digital pc games (as I think I saw Scorch mention somewhere). It took some time to adjust my purchasing strategy—as a console (ps2/psp) gamer I worried about product scarcity; price scarcity is not as big a deal. And if you already have a backlog, it should reinforce that patience strategy.

[quote name='dfg']This is solid advice, especially if you're relatively new to buying digital pc games (as I think I saw Scorch mention somewhere). It took some time to adjust my purchasing strategy—as a console (ps2/psp) gamer I worried about product scarcity; price scarcity is not as big a deal. And if you already have a backlog, it should reinforce that patience strategy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I made the same mistakes. When it comes to physical games you are always worried if something will hit that price again and then when it does if it will be in stock at a store near you or online when you are near the computer.

Even in the early days when Steam was the only horse in the race you worried about when a game would be on sale again. In the last few years, I've learned that it's only a matter of time before a game will be the same price or cheaper (most of the time) so I learn to be patient.

There's always a few exceptions (like MW2 for $4.99 or ARMA II for $15.99) but for the most you will see a game hit the same price point within a month or two and since this is digital, running out of keys to sell is usually not a problem.

Is there a way to just view the games that are on sale? I cannot for the life of me find a way to do that.

There's so much information on that page that it's overwhelming, and a good portion of it is just distraction from what you're currently viewing. Some info is on the page twice. I just want to see the sales. :(

[quote name='MysterD']Hehe! :)
Also, my reply "gravy" was a hint at a few Lil Wayne lines from one his songs (track #10) on Carter 4, if you didn't catch it... ;)
"Jumped on a Celly/Called Makaveli/He said he was gravy/I said I was jelly." - Lil Wayne.

Both Batman: AC and AA are great, to say the least.
Batman: AC's better, though, if you ask me.

Nope.
There was one D3 left at the Kingston, MA TRU, when I left yesterday (a little after 1-pm or so).
Lord knows if it's still there now - especially if people in MA decided to fly over there to go get it.

EDIT:
You might wanna call your local TRU, if you looking for D3...or any other PC games, since they're dumping many out at $10.
See here.[/QUOTE]

fuck Tunechi. Just sayin', as a hip-hop artist & fan myself.

ACGOTY has been great for sure (love all the DLC included), still want to give AA a run since its the OG.

Just wondering, why didn't you pick it up? & yeah I've checked two so far I might try calling but I doubt they will actually go and look in the PC section, most likely just go through the website which doesn't have them.

[quote name='MysterD']My problem w/ Sleeping Dogs at $22 or so is...
1. There'll be at least 6 months of planned DLC for Sleeping Dogs;
2. That I'm currently playing Diablo III;
3. I began Legend of Grimrock days ago and probably will go back to that eventually, after D3's done with...;
4. MW3 is now in my backlog (which probably won't be there very long...);
5. AND my backlog is getting EVEN bigger!

If all the above crap wasn't in my way, I might be interested in Sleeping Dogs right now...[/QUOTE]

I also had a huge backlog and some games that I were playing when Sleeping Dogs got released (had the pre-order in trades) but when I started playing it, I forgot about the others and played ~50 hours :D

Batman AA GOTY and Batman AC for $7.50 and Steam redeemable is just one hell of a deal. I was not a hardcore gamer but I spent ~30 hours in AA GOTY and more than 100 hours in AC !

Two Questions: First, is it worth is to get the BFBC2 collection if I have BF3. Second, does it activate on origin?

[quote name='Dev518']Two Questions: First, is it worth is to get the BFBC2 collection if I have BF3. Second, does it activate on origin?[/QUOTE]
Depends on what you are looking for...

BF3 is probably going still be one of the most active fps shooters out there even with Medal of Honor and Black Ops 2 coming out (you can only play so much of CoD before its the same old imo.)

All my friends arent even interested in those two rehashes..

If you wanna play the campaign for BFBC2 go for it, its still a great deal...But if you are more multiplayer oriented and dont care about the campaign get BF3. As for if it registers on Origin, I am pretty sure it does, I could be wrong though.

I could probably live with Sleeping Dogs at that price post-code. I'm less and less interested in post-release DLC these days unless I absolutely love playing the game itself (see: Borderlands 2, Darksiders 2) so a bunch of skin and mission packs might not interest me much anyway. I just keep hearing how fun the game is and how great it looks on PC, and I have little faith it's going to drop below $30 before the end of the year.

[quote name='MC Kage']fuck Tunechi. Just sayin', as a hip-hop artist & fan myself.[/quote]
He's all over the place, as an artist w/ his albums -- just like many of the modern mainstream hip-hop artists, these days.
I still think his earlier stuff was better - i.e. C2.

ACGOTY has been great for sure (love all the DLC included), still want to give AA a run since its the OG.
Absolutely. Both are great, like I said.

Just wondering, why didn't you pick it up? & yeah I've checked two so far I might try calling but I doubt they will actually go and look in the PC section, most likely just go through the website which doesn't have them.
All I called had no problem looking and checking on the shelf.
I thought about taking the extra copies of SC2 and D3 that were at the Kingston store.
But, I really didn't want to deal w/ people & their offers, honestly.
Plus, I figured somebody else who lived in MA might want the last copy there.

[quote name='Dev518']Two Questions: First, is it worth is to get the BFBC2 collection if I have BF3. Second, does it activate on origin?[/QUOTE]

I got BFBC2 as well on a deal recently, its pretty much dead MP-wise. So I would say no...but I really enjoyed BC2 as a game overall. & yes it does.

MysterD - yeah ever since C2 he's been un-listenable to me. I just avoid him like the plague. & yeah just depends on what you listen to.

Can't wait to try it!

cool I'll give them a call, & I figured, generous man haha

I'd vote to keep these deals coming after 1 month even if it's the same pack. Amazon sales are already a bit slower than Steam which has a daily sale which makes me want to see what's on sale there on a daily basis. If sales were spaced out even further, that would make sales even less frequent and even more boring. It can't hurt to get customers to check in daily and maybe they'll find something else to buy.

Anyone who has been here long enough should know that pretty much every year, the MSRP price drops for almost any game. After that, nearly every game eventually hits 75% off normally. I think if you pay more than 75% off, then you really shouldn't be surprised if it hits a lower price.

For multiple bundle games, games eventually hit about $2 a piece in the bundle. That's generally as low as they get.

Various games will hit $2.50 individually after enough time has passed and if you have enough time to not have a backlog, consider that paying more to get it "now" is just the price to pay.

With no time to really play at all, I suppose my patience is extreme (here's looking at you Sleeping Dogs at < $5).

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's best on the stuff on sale, like the Amazon bundle or this:

http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Media-40869ture-Bundle1-Adventure/dp/B006C5M5R8?tag=cheapassgam08-20

4 great adventure games for $7.50 - non steam though.[/QUOTE]

Shit, wish I had seen this. I was really tempted to use the code on Grey Matter, which is just $2 less on it's own than in this pack. I ended up deciding $6 wasn't a good enough deal for that game and got The Whispering World for $2.50.

That's another thing Steam's got going for it: you can tell what's a part of another bundle incredibly easily. Nothing on Grey Matter's store page links to this pack.

[quote name='MC Kage']I got BFBC2 as well on a deal recently, its pretty much dead MP-wise. So I would say no...but I really enjoyed BC2 as a game overall. & yes it does.[/quote]
Man, haven't played BFBC2 in a while.
I really liked both the SP And MP in that game.

Though, MP is great on BF3.
While the SP is nothing special - i.e. it feels like someone put too much of COD: MW1 + 2 formula into a BF game - it's still good and solid.

MysterD - yeah ever since C2 he's been un-listenable to me. I just avoid him like the plague. & yeah just depends on what you listen to.
Yeah, he's on and off like a light-switch. One track, Wayne's great; the next, he's terrible. [shrug]
Go figure.

Can't wait to try it!

cool I'll give them a call, & I figured, generous man haha
Hope you find something you're looking for at TRU!
It ain't gonna be easy, w/ the Net buzzing last few days about TRU dumping high-profile PC games like D3, SC2, BF3, and others on the cheap.

Lyrically Wayne could get slaughtered anytime of day, esp. right now.

True but I got connections all around Georgia that are gonna be checking out TRU's haha

Back to Amazon...

Tony, don't change a thing with the sales; I love em the way they are now.

BTW, let us know how that coupon promo works out; I'd love to see them come back! :D

If that Batman pack had Arkham City GOTY, I would be all over it.

Already have a physical copy of Arkham Asylum, but would love having it on Steam :p

Still, I will wait for an AC:GOTY sale.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I hear your feedback, but I'm curious, what time period do you think is acceptable for spacing between promotions? Our general rule of thumb is 1 month. Additionally, it makes more sense to launch products at a lower discount, see how customers respond, and then plan future promotions based on that response.

When I say "it makes sense" I am speaking from a statistical/financial/logical perspective.

Curious what the general thought here is, should we not be promoting products within 2 months of each other? Does that mean that Black Friday discounts should be the exact same as Christmas Sale Discounts?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It's not the fact that they're on sale again. That's fine. Like I said, if there was a $10 or $15 difference, I would shrug it off. The fact is, though, especially in today's economy, $52 is a hell of a lot more than $20. I bought in to support the fact that WB games was joining in with Amazon and I was in the mindset of "Wow, these are launching at 50% off! That must be the best he could do, that's a great deal, I'm in!"

Furthermore, this is a weekly sale versus last time, which was a holiday. I would think that holiday sales would have better discounts than the average weekly sale. This makes me cautious on any holiday sales as they could potentially be even cheaper on the 2nd or 3rd week of January.

Tony, and anyone else in this thread - don't get me wrong, I'm not angry. I'm not upset with Tony (who's a great guy, by the way, the deals are fantastic. Tony - your threads here are the sole reason I bought a new gaming computer - which I also bought from Amazon, for what it's worth). He's doing his job. I'm upset with the fact that Amazon launched with the games at half off, marketed it as a fantastic deal (which it was, at the time), then offers a much better deal a few weeks later.

Understand that feedback like this will absolutely result in fewer bundle deals getting re-run at better prices though.

I'd be okay if the games dropped a couple dollars.. but the fact that some dropped so steeply after a holiday sale is annoying. Maybe I'm used to buying with confidence thanks to Best Buy's price adjustment policy or something. It's my fault for not waiting. Please don't punish the masses because of the gripe of an individual.

Cheers to CAG for keeping the discussion civil, too. I didn't want to start a flame war, and there wasn't one. I'm just a single customer with a small gripe. I'll get over it.

[quote name='Scorch']It's not the fact that they're on sale again. That's fine. Like I said, if there was a $10 or $15 difference, I would shrug it off. The fact is, though, especially in today's economy, $52 is a hell of a lot more than $20. I bought in to support the fact that WB games was joining in with Amazon and I was in the mindset of "Wow, these are launching at 50% off! That must be the best he could do, that's a great deal, I'm in!"

Furthermore, this is a weekly sale versus last time, which was a holiday. I would think that holiday sales would have better discounts than the average weekly sale. This makes me cautious on any holiday sales as they could potentially be even cheaper on the 2nd or 3rd week of January.

Tony, and anyone else in this thread - don't get me wrong, I'm not angry. I'm not upset with Tony (who's a great guy, by the way, the deals are fantastic. Tony - your threads here are the sole reason I bought a new gaming computer - which I also bought from Amazon, for what it's worth). He's doing his job. I'm upset with the fact that Amazon launched with the games at half off, marketed it as a fantastic deal (which it was, at the time), then offers a much better deal a few weeks later.

I'd be okay if the games dropped a couple dollars.. but the fact that some dropped so steeply after a holiday sale is annoying. Maybe I'm used to buying with confidence thanks to Best Buy's price adjustment policy or something. It's my fault for not waiting. Please don't punish the masses because of the gripe of an individual.

Cheers to CAG for keeping the discussion civil, too. I didn't want to start a flame war, and there wasn't one. I'm just a single customer with a small gripe. I'll get over it.[/QUOTE]

What's odd to me is when I saw those same deals, my initial reaction was...well, that's underwhelming. Tony's offering games at less of a discount then I've seen by some of his competitors. It must be because he's just landed distribution rights, and will probably be able to roll out better deals in the future.

And then I was kinda meh towards the deals offered afterwards.

But then Tony offered 5 decent EA games for $10 (later $7.50) and Batman: AA / AC for $7.50. And I thought, yay, Tony's back.

Perhaps you should get a better sense of what Tony is doing vis-a-vis his competitors to avoid big surprises? I recommend periodically checking out deals4downloads.com, steamprices, and, of course, slickdeals.net. While I think Amazon ALWAYS wins if prices are equal vis-a-vis their competition because they offer superior customer service and normally Steam/Origin download client compatibility, it is helpful to know what the other retailers are doing. That way you can better estimate how low Amazon's prices could go in the near-term.

Long term (more than 30 days) is unknown because the big shifts downwards are based on publisher's sales across the platforms and other factors like DLC attachment rates. Every game is unique. There are reasons, outside of the calendar or Tony's control, why Mass Effect 3 or Max Payne 3 ended up being discounted a lot faster than games like Skyrim or MW3. If a publisher is going to bottom-out a price because the previous price point has been exhausted, Tony shouldn't hold back on aggressive discounts because a couple of people may be upset. Some of us are planning for that next bottoming out and would prefer to purchase from Amazon asap, instead of having to go with one of his competitors because Amazon has to fit its drops into a two-month artificial floor that may not reflect the market price.

P.S. Thanks to Amazon customer service for crediting me the $2.50 differential in the EA game promotions. I'll be sure to put it right back into another Amazon sale this Sunday!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nategator']What's odd to me is when I saw those same deals, my initial reaction was...well, that's underwhelming. Tony's offering games at less of a discount then I've seen by some of his competitors. It must be because he's just landed distribution rights, and will probably be able to roll out better deals in the future.

And then I was kinda meh towards the deals offered afterwards.

And then Tony offered 5 decent EA games for $10 (later $7.50) and Batman: AA / AC for $7.50. And I thought, yay Tony's back.

P.S. Thanks to Amazon customer service for crediting me the $2.50 differential in the EA game promotions. I'll be sure to put it right back into another Amazon sale this Sunday![/QUOTE]
Spot on. A month seems fair to wait, and the launch price didn't seem very compelling to me. In Scorch's defense, this does seem to be a pretty notable drop, but with any backlog of games, it is almost always better to wait imho.

The thing I find most interesting is how much Amazon has spearheaded the change in the DD market in just 11 months. Digital always had quicker price drops than hard-copy, and Steam has had huge price cuts for their big sales for about 3 years now. BUT this past year has been insane for almost everyone (except Steam). Amazon has beat or matched almost everything of substance, and the price drops are very steep and fast. Amazon has been on the frontline of those major drops (Darkness 2 and SpecOps come to mind), and I really don't see Steam even trying to compete aside from a rare few instances.

The result actually isn't ideal for any of the DDs though (at least for me). I just wait...and then I wait some more. Much of that is due to the massive backlog of games, but some of it is the knowledge that I no longer have to wait 3-6 months for the next Steam sale since Amazon, or others, will drop the prices substantially in between.

We all have our own strategies to be as CHEAP ASS as possible. Waiting is always the best one, but sometimes it is hard to hold off on games we really want. I am sure finding that sweet spot is Tony's biggest challenge, but luckily for him, others aren't quite as miserly as us :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
NOTE: According to my EA guy, all of the games in this bundle should now activate on Origin!
The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack - $9.99

1. Bulletstorm
  2. Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
  3. Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
  4. Mirror's Edge
  5. The Saboteur
[/QUOTE]

I apologize if this has been asked earlier, but do any of the games actually require Origin? Or can you play them outside of Origin with the option to register them there if you want?

I'm not fanatically against Origin as some people here are, but if I can play these games without having to use Origin, I'd be much more likely to pull the trigger on the deal.

I know for a fact BulletStorm can be downloaded from Amazon and played without Origin; as that is what I did months back.

As for the others, I'm guessing if Amazon has the install files, then you should be able to play without Origin.

[quote name='The End']I apologize if this has been asked earlier, but do any of the games actually require Origin? Or can you play them outside of Origin with the option to register them there if you want?

I'm not fanatically against Origin as some people here are, but if I can play these games without having to use Origin, I'd be much more likely to pull the trigger on the deal.[/QUOTE]

Origin is just a download manager for most games, there are very few games that require you to have the client open to launch them. As for the games in the EA pack, I don't think any of them require to have Origin open, but I haven't 100% confirmed it.

As stated above, you can also download all of them from Amazon and play them without installing Origin.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Very well put.

People don't seem to be understanding that I (I don't know about anyone else) am not "complaining" about losing a few bucks by buying a bundle a month before it drops in price. I'm not completely clueless here, I know prices go down.

But Tony expressly tells us to offer feedback on this stuff. That's why I suggest the idea that maybe if the price on a bundle drops quickly like it did with the EA pack, that the early buyers get a little kickback in the way of a coupon or account credit (or something like nategator said above). It makes early buyers even happier about their purchase, and it encourages them to buy more.

I'm a bit confused why/if people are opposed to that idea. Could anyone explain how this is a bad idea, or any negatives about it? I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes too much feedback is not necessarily a good thing, Tony is a great rep and no other company is giving heads up on future sales. Too much complaining pretty much drove away the GMG rep from CAG from what I can tell. With that, I hope Tony never leaves.

I don't believe giving account credits from price drops is a good thing. It would cost Amazon more due to being an administrative nightmare and profit margins would not be as good so future deals also would also not be as good. Everyone needs to remember that the publishers are the ones determining the pricing, Amazon is just giving the stats from sales which can help entice publishers to lower prices. Also there is no other DD site I can think of that has price drops and will credit accounts for the difference. It is up to you as the consumer to decide at what price point you buy at. Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']I know for a fact BulletStorm can be downloaded from Amazon and played without Origin; as that is what I did months back.

As for the others, I'm guessing if Amazon has the install files, then you should be able to play without Origin.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']Origin is just a download manager for most games, there are very few games that require you to have the client open to launch them. As for the games in the EA pack, I don't think any of them require to have Origin open, but I haven't 100% confirmed it.

As stated above, you can also download all of them from Amazon and play them without installing Origin.[/QUOTE]

Ah, Very nice. I'll definitely pick this pack up then. I just gotta see if there's anything else that I might wanna use the 25% off coupon on first.

Thanks guys.

[quote name='Daykain']Sometimes too much feedback is not necessarily a good thing, Tony is a great rep and no other company is giving heads up on future sales. Too much complaining pretty much drove away the GMG rep from CAG from what I can tell. With that, I hope Tony never leaves.

I don't believe giving account credits from price drops is a good thing. It would cost Amazon more due to being an administrative nightmare and profit margins would not be as good so future deals also would also not be as good. Everyone needs to remember that the publishers are the ones determining the pricing, Amazon is just giving the stats from sales which can help entice publishers to lower prices. Also there is no other DD site I can think of that has price drops and will credit accounts for the difference. It is up to you as the consumer to decide at what price point you buy at. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

True, and the end result is that when someone makes a decision to pay X number of dollars for a deal, you agree that it was WORTH it to you, and found value in that deal. Enough with the whining. I've had problems with vendors (not Amazon) in the past changing prices mid-sale, or like what Steam did with Jade Empire. That kind of stuff actively screws you over. A deal is a deal. That is all.

[quote name='Daykain']Sometimes too much feedback is not necessarily a good thing, Tony is a great rep and no other company is giving heads up on future sales. Too much complaining pretty much drove away the GMG rep from CAG from what I can tell. With that, I hope Tony never leaves.

I don't believe giving account credits from price drops is a good thing. It would cost Amazon more due to being an administrative nightmare and profit margins would not be as good so future deals also would also not be as good. Everyone needs to remember that the publishers are the ones determining the pricing, Amazon is just giving the stats from sales which can help entice publishers to lower prices. Also there is no other DD site I can think of that has price drops and will credit accounts for the difference. It is up to you as the consumer to decide at what price point you buy at. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]
Well, that's why it's up to Tony to take it or leave it. ;) He's the man, and if he thinks my feedback is worthwhile, cool. Otherwise, no skin off anyone's back.

No one here is complaining, just offering some ideas.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Can you turn around and uninstall without having to "deactivate" and securom stuff?[/QUOTE]

Was this addressed to me specifically? Or to anybody who owns Batman AC in general?

If it's to me, I haven't even installed it yet. So I'm afraid that I can't say.

[quote name='The End']Was this addressed to me specifically? Or to anybody who owns Batman AC in general?

If it's to me, I haven't even installed it yet. So I'm afraid that I can't say.[/QUOTE]

You, but I'll take anyone who can answer.

Hi Tony,

It looks like the PC Download of "Bully: Scholarship Edition" is on sale for $6.93. It says it's unavailable but there is an option for a PC Steam Key though it's not on sale. Is it possible for you to work your magic and have Amazon put the Steam version on sale too?

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Hi Tony,

It looks like the PC Download of "Bully: Scholarship Edition" is on sale for $6.93. It says it's unavailable but there is an option for a PC Steam Key though it's not on sale. Is it possible for you to work your magic and have Amazon put the Steam version on sale too?[/QUOTE]
Just a heads up that it is on sale on Amazon often, and has been cheaper.

I would think any sales rep worth his salt wouldn't mind feedback. It's an opportunity to address concerns head-on and possibly turn a current/future lost sale into a sale. If you believe in your product or service. So I guess I'm not surprised the GMG rep fled for his walled garden of private forums and blogs. Tony is too good and has too good of a service to be chased away because one person gave a respectful report of his purchase experiences.

As far as price credit / drops go and costs vs. benefits, that all really comes down to numbers that Tony could never share with us so there is no way to resolve that debate.

But great points on the individual having to make the decision on whether the particular price is right for them. I totally agree. :)

[quote name='walkonshadows']True, and the end result is that when someone makes a decision to pay X number of dollars for a deal, you agree that it was WORTH it to you, and found value in that deal. Enough with the whining. I've had problems with vendors (not Amazon) in the past changing prices mid-sale, or like what Steam did with Jade Empire. That kind of stuff actively screws you over. A deal is a deal. That is all.[/QUOTE]

That Jade Empire move was so evil. They had held off discounting the game forever. Then discounted it a little. Then discounted it a lot in the sale immediately after the summer sale.

And when you think that EA controls the price of Jade Empire, everything begins to make a little more sense. ;)

[quote name='Daykain']I don't believe giving account credits from price drops is a good thing. It would cost Amazon more due to being an administrative nightmare and profit margins would not be as good so future deals also would also not be as good. Everyone needs to remember that the publishers are the ones determining the pricing, Amazon is just giving the stats from sales which can help entice publishers to lower prices. Also there is no other DD site I can think of that has price drops and will credit accounts for the difference. It is up to you as the consumer to decide at what price point you buy at. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

Amazon actually used to have a 1 month price guarantee on everything it sold. But it probably became very difficult for them to do like how you described. Not only does it cost them money to refund, but it costs them CSR time and money to verify and process. Retail stores do this (some not all) because the barrier to do so is much greater: you have to go back to the store in person with a receipt, which is not often worth whatever you're saving. Here, people can shoot off an email with no real effort.

[quote name='espy605']Amazon actually used to have a 1 month price guarantee on everything it sold. But it probably became very difficult for them to do like how you described. Not only does it cost them money to refund, but it costs them CSR time and money to verify and process. Retail stores do this (some not all) because the barrier to do so is much greater: you have to go back to the store in person with a receipt, which is not often worth whatever you're saving. Here, people can shoot off an email with no real effort.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't Best Buy still do this online?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Just a heads up that it is on sale on Amazon often, and has been cheaper.[/QUOTE]

For Steam too? Would love to play Bully. Hopefully there's a sale soon

[quote name='MC Kage']For Steam too? Would love to play Bully. Hopefully there's a sale soon[/QUOTE]
I don't think so, not by itself. It was in the "Rockstar Classics Pack" a month or two ago too, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Steam there either. I could be wrong though.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Doesn't Best Buy still do this online?[/QUOTE]

They do but their prices don't fluctuate on a daily basis like it does on a majority of Amazon items. If you go to camelcamelcamel you'll see random price drops throughout the month.

Additionally, Amazon outsells Best Buy and other brick and mortar stores to the point of putting many of them out of business (e.g. Circuit City). Sheer volume of online sales alone they dwarf Best Buy. Best Buy still makes most of its sales in the store, for the simple reason that they don't have very tempting free shipping policies.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I don't think so, not by itself. It was in the "Rockstar Classics Pack" a month or two ago too, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Steam there either. I could be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

Woah how much was that pack? $15? I wasn't even on PC yet :cry: VC & SA are two of my favorite games of all-time, and I've always wanted to play Bully.

Maybe Amazon will do what they did with the EA Pack and release it again for cheaper O:)

[quote name='MC Kage']Woah how much was that pack? $15? I wasn't even on PC yet :cry: VC & SA are two of my favorite games of all-time, and I've always wanted to play Bully.

Maybe Amazon will do what they did with the EA Pack and release it again for cheaper O:)[/QUOTE]
Yup, I'm pretty sure it was $15. Came with most of the older GTA games (not IV, I don't think) and also had Midnight Club 2. Not sure if it had anything else (other than Bully).

I'm sure it'll be cheaper next time around.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Yup, I'm pretty sure it was $15. Came with most of the older GTA games (not IV, I don't think) and also had Midnight Club 2. Not sure if it had anything else (other than Bully).

I'm sure it'll be cheaper next time around.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I meant VC my bad. But yeah that sounds amazing, I was actually thinking about buying Bully or SA with the code but I'll wait for it.

[quote name='sunghost']Origin is just a download manager for most games, there are very few games that require you to have the client open to launch them. As for the games in the EA pack, I don't think any of them require to have Origin open, but I haven't 100% confirmed it.
[/QUOTE]
Though, most of the newer EA games since BF3 have flat-out required Origin to run in the background to play.
And I do think the trend will continue, since they're basically imitate and be like Steam - especially since they've tried to buy out Steam over the years and Gabe has denied it every single time from them.

BF3, ME3, KOA: Reckoning (Non-Steam versions), NFS: The Run, Syndicate (2012 FPS) are just a few that we know ALL require Origin to run to play.

I don't know, but does anyone know if FIFA 12 and FIFA 13 require Origin to run to actually play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back