Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine goes nuts over the Paradox games, shared these with him, he was very happy. He says the Warchest is where its at.

I love Civilization, but have never played any of those. I'm a big start fan. Those worth it?

^^^^
Ya the Paradox Bundles are awesome! Great games!

One thing I would like to see is a Paradox SPACE Bundle:
-----> Sword of the Stars 1 - Complete Collection, Sword of the Stars 2, Starvoid, Dark Horizon, and any other games.

I'll leave the price up to Tony, but I would think it would fall in line with the existing bundles.
Would love to see this bundle in time for Christmas!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey CAGS,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that Double Fine has agreed to partner with Amazon on a question and answer session with Ron Gilbert regarding the upcoming title "The Cave".

If any of you want to ask questions about the game post them in the comments and I'll get them over to the Double Fine team ASAP.

We need to have all questions in by early tomorrow morning PST.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

After watching the trailer, What is the background story of The Cave and characters?

It says The Cave is coming to PC will there be any enhances (such as hi-res textures, triple monitor support or similar) for the PC version?

Will it be available on Steam and if so be Steamworks with achievements?

It says you can play with three characters at one time so will be Online Co-op and/or Local Co-op?

Thanks Tony and Double Fine for the Q&A.

[quote name='headpiece747']After watching the trailer, What is the background story of The Cave and characters?

It says The Cave is coming to PC will there be any enhances (such as hi-res textures, triple monitor support or similar) for the PC version?

Will it be available on Steam and if so be Steamworks with achievements?

It says you can play with three characters at one time so will be Online Co-op and/or Local Co-op?

Thanks Tony and Double Fine for the Q&A.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! If you know anyone else interested in this game hit them up. I'd like to have a good long list for Ron to look at :).

Cheers,
Tony

Ask Ron why he signed over the rights of Deathspank to Hothead. They made the poor decision to go with EA as publisher and even after two years the lowest discount they've gotten is 50% off (stuff like Mass Effect and Dead Space has been cheaper).

Sad panda.

Deathspanks 1 and 2... on Amazon... with Steam keys... at 75% off = happy panda!

[quote name='audio vicious']A friend of mine goes nuts over the Paradox games, shared these with him, he was very happy. He says the Warchest is where its at.

I love Civilization, but have never played any of those. I'm a big start fan. Those worth it?[/QUOTE]
I've only played Crusader Kings 2, and I love it. I've put ~50 hours in so far and still not getting tired of it. The Civ series may be my all-time favorite games, you may want to check out CK2 (which is part of the Plentiful package).

Any sneak peaks into next Black Friday$ (or was it only before THE Black Friday?) / weekend deals?

Can we expect updates to Editor's Choice list, and if so, when?
At the moment I would be interested in only 3 titles (Dark Souls, Darksiders2, Darkness2) while having ~7 or so coupons. And we still have whole month left! ;)

[quote name='Mooby']Ask Ron why he signed over the rights of Deathspank to Hothead. They made the poor decision to go with EA as publisher and even after two years the lowest discount they've gotten is 50% off (stuff like Mass Effect and Dead Space has been cheaper).

Sad panda.

Deathspanks 1 and 2... on Amazon... with Steam keys... at 75% off = happy panda![/QUOTE]

:rofl:Good luck getting that answered!

So, umm...Is it too early to ask when next years Black Friday Deals start.....might I suggest "Slightly Gray Wednesday?

[quote name='walkonshadows']:rofl:Good luck getting that answered!

So, umm...Is it too early to ask when next years Black Friday Deals start.....might I suggest "Slightly Gray Wednesday?[/QUOTE]

Off-white Tuesday.

@TONY
Anything awesome coming up for PC digital download tomorrow during GameSpot & Amazon Black Friday that you are allowed to give us the scoop on?

[quote name='MysterD']@TONY
Anything awesome coming up for PC digital download tomorrow during GameSpot & Amazon Black Friday that you are allowed to give us the scoop on?[/QUOTE]

It rhymes with Mech Pops Duh Brine and it will be a Lincoln.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It rhymes with Mech Pops Duh Brine and it will be a Lincoln.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

For those of you scratching your head, that's Barbie's Horse Adventures: Paradise Ranch for $4.99.

Spec Ops: The Line $4.99

[quote name='CheapThomas']since we're all dumping on the game library page ; )
wink.gif
, not being able to gift items gets very confusing. You basically have to keep track of which codes you've given away, and which ones you're keeping. And what's unfortunate is that the person getting the 'gift' potentially misses out on one of Amazon's great perks - namely being able to request a new key when their activations run out, since it's very hard to prove you own a key unless you're the one who originally bought it from Amazon.

I wonder if Tony would like to open a new thread/survey/vote/whatever and solicit more feedback about the downloader, storefront, and the game library page.

speaking of the downloader, i'd love to see an option to download AND silently install a game with just one click rather than having to come back a few hours later only to have to sit through an insall session. ohh, and picking our own download / install location wouldn't be too shabby either...

anyhow, Tony - we're all waiting for more of that face melting, wallet screamin, hamsta spinnin sale...:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

QTFT key flexibility + more installation choices =

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']It rhymes with Mech Pops Duh Brine and it will be a Lincoln.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Already own it elsewhere (from GameFly).
And yes - Spec Ops: The Line is AWESOME.
Great SP campaign.
EASILY worth the Lincoln.

Anything else tomorrow that you can talk about or hint at...?

[quote name='MysterD']Already own it elsewhere (from GameFly).
And yes - Spec Ops: The Line is AWESOME.
Great SP campaign.
EASILY worth the Lincoln.

Anything else tomorrow that you can talk about or hint at...?[/QUOTE]
Is there a way to turn down the bloom/hdr? When I played the demo it was very distracting and almost headache inducing. I know it's in a desert, but it felt very overdone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']For those of you scratching your head, that's Barbie's Horse Adventures: Paradise Ranch for $4.99.

Spec Ops: The Line $4.99
[/QUOTE]

Not interested in Spec Ops but I probably would have grabbed that Barbie game.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Shooting wise... it's kinda meh. Storywise, PLAY IT!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Sex Ops: The Lying?[/QUOTE]
It's like Leisure Suit Larry meets Crysis. woohoo sims style.

[quote name='Motoki']Not interested in Spec Ops but I probably would have grabbed that Barbie game.[/QUOTE]
Along with half of us regs. :lol:
[quote name='shezbot']Don't be silly....It's, "Sex ops: six nine"[/QUOTE]
I'm all over this :bouncy:

@Tony: I'll sound like a broken record here, but oh well. Push for a $9.99 Modern Warfare 1 & 2 bundle. It seems like (although it has already happened), Activision refuses to sell MW2 for $5 again, so maybe, just maybe, a bundle could happen...

Sweet cant wait for Spec ops tomorrow...

Tony, I know that you had the Tomb Raider games on sale during black friday, but is there any possibility in getting them bundled together for an even greater deal? Might be in Squares best interest too to give some publicity to the franchise before the next Tomb Raider comes out in March.

Thanks!

[quote name='asheskitty']Duke Nukem 3D is the Amazon Appstore (Android) free app of the day.[/QUOTE]

It's free so by all means get it, but that is one of the worst Android games ever. Controls and camera are just atrocious.

[quote name='Idiotekque']@Tony: I'll sound like a broken record here, but oh well. Push for a $9.99 Modern Warfare 1 & 2 bundle. It seems like (although it has already happened), Activision refuses to sell MW2 for $5 again, so maybe, just maybe, a bundle could happen...[/QUOTE]

I'm just waiting for Black Ops 1 to hit a very nice CHEAP sale. ;)

[quote name='MysterD']I'm just waiting for Black Ops 1 to hit a very nice CHEAP sale. ;)[/QUOTE]

You'll be waiting longer than it took you to buy your first humble bundle

[quote name='Drabelincoln']You'll be waiting longer than it took you to buy your first humble bundle[/QUOTE]

Probably.
We know how long it takes Activision to drop COD titles.
I'm still trying to figure what took me so long to finally jump on one of those Humble Bundles...
{scratches my head}

[quote name='MysterD']Probably.
We know how long it takes Activision to drop COD titles.
I'm still trying to figure what took me so long to finally jump on one of those Humble Bundles...
{scratches my head}[/QUOTE]

Being a big DRM free guy I'm surprised you didn't jump on Humble sooner, but they do tend to have more indie games and less substantive games so maybe that is the reason?

Sword of the Stars II is supposed to be getting an upgrade to an ehanced edition with a new expansion today.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/sword-of-the-stars-ii-enhanced-edition

According to Paradox, all current owners of the game will be automatically upgraded for free.

From the Paradox Newsletter:

http://www.anpdm.com/newsletterweb/41415E42764642584673434059/41465E477242415C457545435E43

As a sign of gratitude to all fans that have stuck with the game to this point, existing Sword of the Stars II will receive “End of Flesh” for free on release. Thank you for your patience and support as Kerberos worked hard on getting “Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter” into its current condition.

[quote name='Motoki']Sword of the Stars II is supposed to be getting an upgrade to an ehanced edition with a new expansion today.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/sword-of-the-stars-ii-enhanced-edition

According to Paradox, all current owners of the game will be automatically upgraded for free.

From the Paradox Newsletter:

http://www.anpdm.com/newsletterweb/41415E42764642584673434059/41465E477242415C457545435E43[/QUOTE]

Alot of people said SOTSII was in need of some patches, etc. so this sounds like good news.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Alot of people said SOTSII was in need of some patches, etc. so this sounds like good news.[/QUOTE]

This is good to hear since every review said SOTSII was not good at all. I guess I'll keep mine instead of trying to sell it :)

Also picked up my first Humble Bundle...With so little time to game, maybe some folks never bother with that since they rather use the time for AAA titles instead?

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Ya the Paradox Bundles are awesome! Great games!
One thing I would like to see is a Paradox SPACE Bundle:
-----> Sword of the Stars 1 - Complete Collection, Sword of the Stars 2, Starvoid, Dark Horizon, and any other games.[/QUOTE]

I think I'd also buy this.
I still want the Warlock DLCs on sale individually too please. :)

Aargh, Why is Shogun 2 "Preloading" a 15 GB download? There's no new update.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's free so by all means get it, but that is one f the worst Android games ever. Controls and camera are just atrocious.[/QUOTE]

Worth every penny! =)

[quote name='dys006']I think I'd also buy this.
I still want the Warlock DLCs on sale individually too please. :)[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'd buy it too :D

As for "The Cave" questions, my question would be:
Will "The Cave" have multiple character-classes the player can choose to play as? And if so, will the game allow "real-time" switching of the playable characters during gameplay?

[quote name='Genocidal']2 hours, and no. The editor's choice promotion starts in January.[/QUOTE]

He is asking about if he gets the 5$ coupon. And indeed he does if he buys this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back