Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Darksiders franchise cause the GF wanted it. Could I have gotten it $5 cheaper? Sure. Did I feel bad? Not at all. When we paid for Darksiders franchise, we knew it was a good deal. So I turned around and used the $5 on SR3 complete, that I wasn't even going to pay $7.49 for, since I had already platinumed and traded in on PS3.

If I got mad at everything I bought that was cheaper later on, I'd have a heart attack. And be the butt of all the blame.

And if I sold something too cheaply, I know the address they live at!

[quote name='MysterD']You forgot to also blame EA - since most versions require Origin. ;)

I might guess on the KOA:R Steam version, you might STILL need a EA account b/c you'll still probably NEED that to activate the DLC while in-game.
You surely needed to do that on Origin-version.

Anyone who got KOA:R Steam know for sure...?[/QUOTE]

Why exactly are you blaming EA? EA helped them out by publishing the game.

If I am understanding the story of the fall of 38 Studios, that is now property of Rhode Island. So if you can send a letter to whoever is in charge over there, tell them to get in on a steam sale - maybe convince them it will help them recoup a nice chuck of change based on the comments about this game and wanting it on steam.

Basically, I would wish for a steam key myself.

I just feel you are being a little unfair in blaming EA for the debacle that was the decline of the 38/Big Huge Games (and MMO games as we knew them).

[quote name='DarkZero104']nah, it's not. as was said earlier, rayman origins came in 2 forms for PC: DRM-Free, TAGES.
retail release and steam got DRM-Free. the steam version doesn't even need steam to run.
other online got TAGES, supposedly. so this entire time we've been assuming that Amazon's page is correct in saying that it has TAGES on it... yet someone earlier in topic said they got it today and on a quick check didn't find any of that DRM. checking around there... really isn't much of anything to be found on it from Amazon, which sucks. so i figured screw it, i'll bite the bullet, get it for $5 (what else am i supposed to use an ubisoft coupon for really?), and find out for myself. fully expect it but if he was right earlier, then... whoo?[/QUOTE]

So wait, it does or doesn't have Tages then?

I'm not sure I'd trust someone's word that a 'quick check' didn't find any DRM...

[quote name='nategator']Ok,

So what are people getting tomorrow?

I'm thinking Desert to Sea Bundle, mostly for Spec Ops.[/QUOTE]

I thought I told you already - NFS Most Wanted.

[quote name='SCMoney360']Why exactly are you blaming EA? EA helped them out by publishing the game. [/quote]
I thought my "wink" ;) was a tip-off.
It was a joke - b/c many people dislike Origin and EA.

EDIT:
Just so you know, I already own KOA:R (pre-ordered that from Amazon DVG last year, BTW) + ALL DLC's (also bought those from Amazon DVG, which require Origin) and tons of other games that require or optionally use Origin.

Just wanted to throw in my $.02, as that's probably more than its worth here, and state my thanks to Tony for doing an amazing job matching and surpassing almost every other deal Site all year long. You've done an amazing job, and built an amazing relationship with this community, and I think we're amazingly lucky to have you so active in our forums.

I hope that you continue to be as open, honest and awesome in the new year as you have been this year, and I can't wait to see all the money you get me to spend while convincing me that I'm saving money by spending more of it! :)

That's what I'll know in under an hour! Post was a couple pages back and since then I was jumping back and forth on whether I'll get it to see for myself or not. I figured if the go-to scanner didn't find anything, well... maybe? Post with the check quoted below.

[quote name='chaosking121']This was the first thing I tried, and searching for Tages didn't give any results. Searching for Rayman doesn't give any Tages related results either. I wasn't sure if Tages was supposed to come up in the results though, but from your post, I assume it should have if it was installed. Checked the ReadMe and it has no mention of Tages or any DRM.

I think it's pretty much safe to say that the version of Rayman:Origins that Amazon is selling *should* be DRM Free, at least as far as I can tell from the one I downloaded from them..

Guess only Tony can confrim/deny this now unless anyone has any other ideas for me to check for myself?

UPDATE:

Tried this and here's the result:

Scanning -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Rayman Origins\Rayman Origins.exe
File Type : 32-Bit Exe (Subsystem : Win GUI / 2), Size : 7869832 (0781588h) Byte(s)
-> File Appears to be Digitally Signed @ Offset 077FC00h, size : 01988h / 06536 byte(s)
[File Heuristics] -> Flag : 00000000000001001101000000000100 (0x0004D004)
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> SerialNumber
[CompilerDetect] -> Visual C++ 9.0 (Visual Studio 2008)
[!] File appears to have no protection or is using an unknown protection
- Scan Took : 0.470 Second(s)

Scanned a Steam game (Spec Ops) and it successfully reported the Steam Client API as the DRM, so I'll assume the program is working correctly.

Suppose this is good enough proof (for me at least) that Amazon's Rayman Origins is DRM Free. If you already own/don't want Assassin's Creed, there's nothing better to use your Ubisoft coupon on, so if DRM was holding you back, you might be in luck :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']I thought my "wink" ;) was a tip-off.
It was a joke - b/c most people dislike Origin.[/QUOTE]

oh.....well....I guess I will lick this egg off my face....because I have egg on my face.:oops:

I'm looking at the "2K Holiday Present" page and it has a Strategy Pack for $19.99 with Civ4/Civ5/Stronghold, but it's not the Strategy Super Pack that also includes Gods & Kings. Does the Super pack not qualify for this promo?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I just woke up and I didn't see it skimming through all the pages since I went to sleep (and also I had a scary dream about zombies).

[quote name='BrownDerby']I'm looking at the "2K Holiday Present" page and it has a Strategy Pack for $19.99 with Civ4/Civ5/Stronghold, but it's not the Strategy Super Pack that also includes Gods & Kings. Does the Super pack not qualify for this promo?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I just woke up and I didn't see it skimming through all the pages since I went to sleep (and also I had a scary dream about zombies).[/QUOTE]

It'll work on that bundle and I'll add it to the page. Computer is dying. FYI.

Cheers,
Tony

my THQ coupon has now stopped working even though I haven't bought anything with it. I was going to buy SR3 earlier for the DLC but decided against it since I already the thing twice, then the price changed, now I can't get -$5 on any THQ game

These publisher specific coupons are kinda fail :(

[quote name='SCMoney360']oh.....well....I guess I will lick this egg off my face....because I have egg on my face.:oops:[/QUOTE]

[serious]
Maybe I just should be a little bit clearer w/ my jokes, when I toss them out there.
[/serious]

[quote name='hailey']my THQ coupon has now stopped working even though I haven't bought anything with it. I was going to buy SR3 earlier for the DLC but decided against it since I already the thing twice, then the price changed, now I can't get -$5 on any THQ game

These publisher specific coupons are kinda fail :([/QUOTE]

Crap, ok, going to try and reach out to the dev via email.

I won't have anymore updates for a bit though as I have 5 minutes of battery life left.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Again, apologies for all the back and forth about this. My response was in no way directed at an individual, rather it was a response and explanation for what was going on. In retrospect, my response should have been "nope". I've stated multiple times in multiple places that there wasn't any ill will felt on my end.

I'm not sure what else to say though in response to the accusation that "So he made the decision (as he claims) to cost Amazon potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars because of a few whiners? I'm not buying that, or the statment that they were scrubbed for market research."

I will tell you that the net of this conversation is that I will be much more careful in my responses since they are not taken at face value, something which I regret given the massive amount of time I spend here.

Again, no malice, but if I can't be honest with you guys without illiciting this kind of negative reaction I just won't be.

I'd like to end with an ask for resolution on your end. How can I help you feel less bad about this situation?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I will start by saying I personally love what you do here, and by the tone of your post, please do not believe that you can't be honest. It's appreciated and the only reason I can respond anyway, is because you put yourself out there and allow all of us to communicate with/ have access to you in a way I really can't compare to another example.

It's the holidays. We are all stressed. We got to see the people we wanted to see, but we also had to deal with the people we glad we only have to see once a year. I somehow became the "voice". And I don't want to be. I had an issue with one game...look I'm not even gonna get into it again. This has gotten past the point of lunacy.

My last post on the subject was:

"At the end of the day, if your willing to pay a certain price for a game, then you feel it's a good deal. But yes, it does suck if the guy walking out of the store behind you just bought the exact same damn thing, and did it at a better price. It's like wtf!?! Because this is digital media, it's not as simple as returning it and then turning around and buying it at the better price. We can't do that.
I have alot of faith in Tony, and Amazon in the digital games market, and am willing to help them through the inevitable growing pains associated with getting and maintaining that foothold. And as an avid enthusiast in that common shared goal (and a contributor), I feel it necessary to point out when a policy or mis-step occurs that if rectified would benefit everyone. I have said my piece. It has been heard. And digital hugs and kisses have been handed out all around. No malice, ill content, or harsh feelings on this end. it was still a fantastic deal on DSII. I just wanted to point out early adopters were getting the short end of the stick. End Quote.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10318282#post10318282

I thought that summed it up pretty nicely. Hell, I even posted a puppy pic (at your request) and we had a laugh. I was disappointed, I got over it. I let you know why I was disappointed and that you might want to adjust your policy. There were digital hugs and kisses all around.......I log back in and it's a mess. The digital mob blaming me for screwing up their Christmas for reasons that can only loosely be tied to my initial post. God Bless you Tony. Motoki had it right, you work hard for the money. You've even been chatting with us your whole damned Christmas, chatting about your niece, you were on your phone trying to help out a CAG right up to the point of boarding the plane, and then still almost got kicked off. Please do not let the take away be "but if I can't be honest with you guys without illiciting this kind of negative reaction I just won't be." We just have to find a balance. I'll start my contribution to that end by shutting up, and keeping my opinions to myself. I did send you a PM when I wrote that first post. I'll do so again if I have an issue I believe needs your attention. I'll be damned if I post it in the thread again. I sincerely apologize. As for your requset "I'd like to end with an ask for resolution on your end. How can I help you feel less bad about this situation?" Just take a few days off, you've earned it. And because this Christmas was far more stressful than it should have been. Have a Happy New Year.

i wanna use that $5 2k for super strategy pack but will have to wait until 28th to see the other civ deals

everyone else you`ve been warned

I got 5 emails for the $5 off EA promo, it's not working, on live chat as I type this.

Edit: They told me I had to call which I don't really want to do. Guess I'll pass.

@Tony: In case you missed it, any chance of price matching these?
http://www.amazon.com/Shoot-Many-Robots-Online-Game/dp/B007MS5FTO/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/96400/

http://www.amazon.com/Babel-Rising-Online-Game-Code/dp/B008OMF376/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/204840/

http://www.amazon.com/Zeit-2-Online-Game-Code/dp/B004LX0L1K/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/33390/

All $6.49 for the rest of the Steam sale.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I will tell you that the net of this conversation is that I will be much more careful in my responses since they are not taken at face value, something which I regret given the massive amount of time I spend here.

Again, no malice, but if I can't be honest with you guys without illiciting this kind of negative reaction I just won't be.[/QUOTE]
It's unfortunate (although understandable) that you feel this way - honesty and openness seems to be fairly rare traits when it comes to business customer relationships, and I (along with many others, I believe) have definitely appreciated it since I became aware a year ago. :whistle2:(

[quote name='walkonshadows']I will start by saying I personally love what you do here, and by the tone of your post, please do not believe that you can't be honest. It's appreciated and the only reason I can respond anyway, is because you put yourself out there and allow all of us to communicate with/ have access to you in a way I really can't compare to another example.

It's the holidays. We are all stressed. We got to see the people we wanted to see, but we also had to deal with the people we glad we only have to see once a year. I somehow became the "voice". And I don't want to be. I had an issue with one game...look I'm not even gonna get into it again. This has gotten past the point of lunacy.

My last post on the subject was:

"At the end of the day, if your willing to pay a certain price for a game, then you feel it's a good deal. But yes, it does suck if the guy walking out of the store behind you just bought the exact same damn thing, and did it at a better price. It's like wtf!?! Because this is digital media, it's not as simple as returning it and then turning around and buying it at the better price. We can't do that.
I have alot of faith in Tony, and Amazon in the digital games market, and am willing to help them through the inevitable growing pains associated with getting and maintaining that foothold. And as an avid enthusiast in that common shared goal (and a contributor), I feel it necessary to point out when a policy or mis-step occurs that if rectified would benefit everyone. I have said my piece. It has been heard. And digital hugs and kisses have been handed out all around. No malice, ill content, or harsh feelings on this end. it was still a fantastic deal on DSII. I just wanted to point out early adopters were getting the short end of the stick. End Quote.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10318282#post10318282

I thought that summed it up pretty nicely. Hell, I even posted a puppy pic (at your request) and we had a laugh. I was disappointed, I got over it. I let you know why I was disappointed and that you might want to adjust your policy. There were digital hugs and kisses all around.......I log back in and it's a mess. The digital mob blaming me for screwing up their Christmas for reasons that can only loosely be tied to my initial post. God Bless you Tony. Motoki had it right, you work hard for the money. You've even been chatting with us your whole damned Christmas, chatting about your niece, you were on your phone trying to help out a CAG right up to the point of boarding the plane, and then still almost got kicked off. Please do not let the take away be "but if I can't be honest with you guys without illiciting this kind of negative reaction I just won't be." We just have to find a balance. I'll start my contribution to that end by shutting up, and keeping my opinions to myself. I did send you a PM when I wrote that first post. I'll do so again if I have an issue I believe needs your attention. I'll be damned if I post it in the thread again. I sincerely apologize. As for your requset "I'd like to end with an ask for resolution on your end. How can I help you feel less bad about this situation?" Just take a few days off, you've earned it. And because this Christmas was far more stressful than it should have been. Have a Happy New Year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude, you rock and I think you are awesome too.

/tonyout.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='soulkyo']Thanks Tony! Got my 2k coupon :) Do you guys know if Mafia here is the last source to find it on Steam?[/QUOTE]
It very well might be. If you really want it, snag it.

[quote name='soulkyo']Thanks Tony! Got my 2k coupon :) Do you guys know if Mafia here is the last source to find it on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Wait - why is Mafia 1 no longer on Steam?

@Tony
Saw you added coupon games pages to front page/OP - thank you!

When tomorrow comes, you might wanna add this below 2K link for games that $5 promo code can be used on...

2K.

Yeah, my Ubisoft discount doesn't show (bought Assassin's Creed games in Feb 2012), nor does my THQ one (bought too many games to mention).

Bleah.

Edit: Haha... as soon as I enter Live Chat and start talking about my missing discount, it appears again. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
2K coupon just finally showed up, so that's taken care of.

My EA coupon gets posted when I try to check out so I'm good there too.

Still can't get my THQ coupon to show up when trying to check out though. Have 4 or so e-mails saying I should have the credit (and yes I know only one of which will work).

And Tony I hope you don't let any of this get you down, you've been going beyond the call of duty with all this. Hope you get a chance to eventually enjoy the day heh.

I ended up talking on the phone with Kristen who I assume is on your team. She was great to work with. I ended up just buying the THQ bundle and she submitted a request to have a $5 credit added to my account to offset the promo code. Works me since the 2K goodness starts tomorrow :)

She said she was going to look into the issue too, but it's great to know it's not just Tony who's awesome in that group. If, by some chance, the THQ credit kicks in and I find myself with an extra $5 credit, should I just email CS to have it removed?

Considering Assassin's Creed II Deluxe and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Deluxe, but it doesn't state what kind of DRM is on them. I'm sure they use Uplay, but I'd rather not be saddled with Tages or multiple layers of additional DRM. Anyone know what DRM Amazon has on these?

[quote name='KillingMachine']Considering Assassin's Creed II Deluxe and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Deluxe, but it doesn't state what kind of DRM is on them. I'm sure they use Uplay, but I'd rather not be saddled with Tages or multiple layers of additional DRM. Anyone know what DRM Amazon has on these?[/QUOTE]

is tages, if it was for steam i would snagged the AC:R right now, but nope. ubisoft is pretty strict

edit: i think uPlay sorry

[quote name='KillingMachine']Considering Assassin's Creed II Deluxe and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Deluxe, but it doesn't state what kind of DRM is on them. I'm sure they use Uplay, but I'd rather not be saddled with Tages or multiple layers of additional DRM. Anyone know what DRM Amazon has on these?[/QUOTE]

I have AC2 from Retail;
and ACB from Amazon DVG;
and ACR Gold from Gamersgate.

ALL of those PC versions at least flat-out require UPlay, no matter where you get them.

You know, I never really checked to see if they use Tages activation, SolidShield, or what....

[quote name='xanchui']

Click ittttttt! or i'll shank you![/QUOTE]

damn I'm curious but afraid of random codes
can some one please post what this is for?

[quote name='MysterD']I have AC2 from Retail;
and ACB from Amazon DVG;
and ACR Gold from Gamersgate.

ALL of those PC versions at least flat-out require UPlay, no matter where you get them.

You know, I never really checked to see if they use Tages activation, SolidShield, or what....[/QUOTE]

I'm okay with Uplay and expected them to have it. I'm just concerned if there are other layers of DRM on top of that.

[quote name='tham1988']damn I'm curious but afraid of random codes
can some one please post what this is for?[/QUOTE]

He left a pretty big hint.

Anyway its already been claimed.

[quote name='walkonshadows']The digital mob blaming me for screwing up their Christmas for reasons that can only loosely be tied to my initial post.[/QUOTE]
Personally I think it was mostly just a bandwagon joke. I (and probably everyone else) didn't seriously mean to imply that everything was your fault.

what i'd like to find out is if the game doesn't show up on steam, can we still activate the code there?

Is there any way to view your promotional credits in your Amazon account?

It's a minor issue, but in the future it would be awesome if you could do this. Each promotional credit could have a valid date range and link to the rules/info about how it applies.

Just a small thing to throw out there. Enjoy the rest of the holiday, everyone!

Thank you Tony for all these awesome deals. I've been spending some good coin and happy to do it. Just wanted to pass along my thanks and appreciation for all your hard work and the many behind the scenes at Amazon. I know you have taken a significant amount of your time to make these sales successful and while perhaps being paid to do so, it is appreciated. While I certainly cannot speak for everyone I think many here are very grateful for the tight integration you have developed with the CAG community. I know this type of hands on close community feedback is rare and really shows a forward thinking company that isn't afraid to work for your gaming dollar. Again thank you, and Merry Christmas.

[quote name='KBoom']So far I haven't received the 2K coupon e-mail. Are those still being rolled out?[/QUOTE]

I just got mine within the last hour. I'm on the east coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back