Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Is NBA NK12 for $5 a good buy for someone new to the series, or should I just wait till January when 2K13 might hit a better price (plus it's on the EC list)?

I Googled roster patches for 2K12, but it looks like the last one was created in June after the draft... so it will add in the rookies, but not late year roster changes. A little turned off by that.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']BTW guys, I know a lot of you are curious about what's going to be added to the Editor's Choice list and how it is going to be promoted.

As many of you have noted, we're running a lot of deals right now...which means things are insane over here. Additionally many of our publishing partners are out for the holidays. There will be more stuff added, example, the Amalur Bundle will be added at $14.99, so coupon holders can get it for $10, we'll also be adding Warfighter at $26.99 so coupon holders will get it for $21.99.

Just an FYI :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Anything planned for TSW?

EDIT:
Oh, hell - nevermind.
I missed this, until I actually read the last few pages I missed!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Is NBA NK12 for $5 a good buy for someone new to the series, or should I just wait till January when 2K13 might hit a better price (plus it's on the EC list)?

I Googled roster patches for 2K12, but it looks like the last one was created in June after the draft... so it will add in the rookies, but not late year roster changes. A little turned off by that.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about official roster patches from 2K?
Or the Ultimate Base Roster Mod?

[quote name='MysterD']Anything planned for TSW?[/QUOTE]
Shoulda grabbed when it was $15 bro! Even if it hits $15 in the EC list, it doesn't come with the new issue and extras. ;)

(Still, $10 for the game would be pretty awesome.)

[quote name='MysterD']Are you talking about official roster patches from 2K?
Or the Ultimate Base Roster Mod?[/QUOTE]
So 2K patches the rosters themselves? What's the difference between that and user made roster patches?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Shoulda grabbed when it was $15 bro! Even if it hits $15 in the EC list, it doesn't come with the new issue and extras. ;)

(Still, $10 for the game would be pretty awesome.)[/QUOTE]

Skip that - I should've bought TSW from GreenMan when it was $5.xx USD there.
But, that was like a week or a few weeks before the game went "No Subs"

[quote name='MysterD']Skip that - I should've bought TSW from GreenMan when it was $5.xx USD there.
But, that was like a week or a few weeks before the game went "No Subs"[/QUOTE]
I know right? It sucks too, because I never even heard of the sale until after it was over. I would have grabbed it for $5 even with subs, just for the free month.

Unfortunately it's not going to go that low again for a good while. No subs? It's suddenly worth a lot more, lol.

Does TSW have a demo or trial? I saw some old posts about a 3 day trial, but nothing recent and nothing on the official site. Might pick it up, but would like to know if I'd like it before spending any money on it

[quote name='Idiotekque']
So 2K patches the rosters themselves?[/quote]
Well, I'd assume regular patches and roster updates would come from them...
Of course, once a game's season (in real world) is done and obviously a new game is on its way, I don't expect official support anymore.

What's the difference between that and user made roster patches?
No clue. Don't own the game, so I don't know what the unmodded game comes w/.

But, if you want to know about that UBR Mod...
UBR (Ultimate Base Roster) Mod Website

UBR - "G.O.A.T." Trailer.

22 minute look at UBR (Version 29)
SIDE NOTE - NEWEST Version is V35 and was released quite recently (Dec 24th).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']SORRY THE THREAD IS MOVING QUICKLY AND I MISSED THESE. YOU'LL PROBABLY GET YOUR COUPONS SOMETIME TODAY, THERE CAN BE UP TO A SEVERAL HOUR DELAY FOR SOME PEOPLE ALSO CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX

Cheers,
Tony
[/QUOTE]

What if it's more than a day already? I know you guys are swamped that's why I waited for more than 24 hours, borderline to 48 hours now. Should we continue to wait for it? I'm asking for the others who didn't get their $5 promo credit for the Editor's Choice + the other promo credits that go with it so you won't get bombarded with the same questions.

Thanks for the notice and for answering. :D

[quote name='Idiotekque']Is NBA NK12 for $5 a good buy for someone new to the series, or should I just wait till January when 2K13 might hit a better price (plus it's on the EC list)?

I Googled roster patches for 2K12, but it looks like the last one was created in June after the draft... so it will add in the rookies, but not late year roster changes. A little turned off by that.[/QUOTE]

i would just buy 2k13, 2k12 is still pretty good but 2k13 has all the updates, my player is better and most of the people switched over as well

[quote name='Fluxy']i would just buy 2k13, 2k12 is still pretty good but 2k13 has all the updates, my player is better and most of the people switched over as well[/QUOTE]
Looks like someone grabbed it for $9.99 too... Yeah, I think I'll do that. (Or just wait it out, it's not like I'm huge basketball guy.)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Looks like someone grabbed it for $9.99 too... Yeah, I think I'll do that. (Or just wait it out, it's not like I'm huge basketball guy.)[/QUOTE]

nope, had to buy mine for 16.49 they passed out my 2k coupons out late, i received a coupon after the purchase tho, but never gave me one for the 2k start pack when i bought it on the first day it was on sale, but not gonna complain the 16.49 is a steal, this game wont go under retail price again until 2k14 comes out

[quote name='Fluxy']nope, had to buy mine for 16.49 they passed out my 2k coupons out late, i received a coupon after the purchase tho, but never gave me one for the 2k start pack when i bought it on the first day it was on sale, but not gonna complain the 16.49 is a steal, this game wont go under retail price again until 2k14 comes out[/QUOTE]
Dunno, saw someone on the thread say that they did (grabbed it before the price flipped back I guess).

It's in the EC list though, so here's hoping.

Maybe a dumb question, but how do I use reward points off my amazon CC to pay for digital downloads? I didn't see the option last time.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Dunno, saw someone on the thread say that they did (grabbed it before the price flipped back I guess).

It's in the EC list though, so here's hoping.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, someone mentioned they did. I was tempted to stay up, but was too tired and not worth it. Ended up grabbing a pack for my little brother and he was happy about it.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Maybe a dumb question, but how do I use reward points off my amazon CC to pay for digital downloads? I didn't see the option last time.[/QUOTE]

I think Tony's mentioned they are trying to integrate this feature, but currently you can not do so. It's the same case with me and my Discover points.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Maybe a dumb question, but how do I use reward points off my amazon CC to pay for digital downloads? I didn't see the option last time.[/QUOTE]

This is something that isn't built into the system yet. Adding this question to the list of examples I have for requests from customers on this.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='SCMoney360']I am honestly surprised that Nfs isn't in the top 10. It's only at no. 50. I figured people would be all over that deal. Am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

Whatever it is, I am missing it too :(.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony , as a feedback, the best thing going on with amazon were the bundles, some were absolutely gorgeus, great prices and great selection!

I just wanted to reply to this thread for two reasons:

1) Wow, I could not keep up with this thread at all during the Christmas weekend into Christmas. It blew up big time.

2) A big THANK YOU to Tony for not only making a lot of these deals possible, but also communicating with us throughout, even during a big holiday. Got a big haul for myself and family, and I wouldn't have normally done so except some of these deals were just too good to pass up. I got:

The Secret World
Darksiders bundle
Tantalizing THQ Medley
2k Shooter Pack

And I already know from what's been posted so far, I will be getting the KoA bundle at the beginning of the year (almost picked it up earlier but was afraid I'd put myself in a bind buying so much :p).

Again, thank you Tony. You and Amazon have made this an amazing, deal-filled holiday.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Ended up grabbing a pack for my little brother and he was happy about it.[/QUOTE]
happy-little-fox.jpg

[quote name='Thadar']So...is the Deluxe version of AC:B worth it if you aren't going to play Multiplayer?[/QUOTE]
I would say no. It's mostly just MP characters, and the bonus stuff isn't essential.

Why no multiplayer though? It's really well done and addicting, although I don't know how active it is since there are two newer titles.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Whatever it is, I am missing it too :(.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Well, I bought it as soon as it went on sale. Played for about 20 minutes, and I am really liking it, especially, the soundtrack and that burnout feeling.

Tony is there any chance in the future we might see a Sonic Bundle that is just the classic 16bit and say the DC games, the current bundle is a good buy but I dont really need another copy of Sonic Generations.

Thanks

[quote name='Idiotekque']

I would say no. It's mostly just MP characters, and the bonus stuff isn't essential.

Why no multiplayer though? It's really well done and addicting, although I don't know how active it is since there are two newer titles.[/QUOTE]

The only MP I really play are with 4x games (Why no Fallen Enchantress Tony, Why?!?). I play the AC single player because I like the story elements and the gameplay. Never been an FPS guy or anything and get worked in most MP situations.

[quote name='SCMoney360']Well, I bought it as soon as it went on sale. Played for about 20 minutes, and I am really liking it, especially, the soundtrack and that burnout feeling.[/QUOTE]

Bought it first thing this morning, used my $10 Hitman credit so it only ran $9.99 - amazing deal for a game around a month old, and it's super fun, as long as you go in expecting burnout-style racing. Graphics are amazing!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']BTW guys, I know a lot of you are curious about what's going to be added to the Editor's Choice list and how it is going to be promoted.

As many of you have noted, we're running a lot of deals right now...which means things are insane over here. Additionally many of our publishing partners are out for the holidays. There will be more stuff added, example, the Amalur Bundle will be added at $14.99, so coupon holders can get it for $10, we'll also be adding Warfighter at $26.99 so coupon holders will get it for $21.99.

Just an FYI :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome!, I already have both but these are some amazing deals indeed :applause:

Well since you asked Tony, this is my Amazon December haul so far:

Desert Sea Bundle ($5)
Rayman Origins ($4.89)
Darksiders Franchise Pack ($8.19)
x2 Inversion ($13.98)
x2 Dark Souls PTD ($29.98)
Lego LOTR ($7.49)
Scribblenauts Unlimited ($7.49)
Hell Yea! Virtual Rabbit Missions ($0.57)
Sonic Action Pack ($24.99)
Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack ($4.99)
Sega Action Only Pack ($19.99)
Dreamcast Pack ($4.99)

$132.55 just on digital games.

Also just a quick note, in 2012 my Amazon purchase history is 25 pages long, a good majority being digital games.
In 2011 my total Amazon purchases was only 5 pages long.

[quote name='GBPackRat']Tony,

As promised, here's some live feedback on what I purchased this holiday season specifically from Amazon Digital and why. Hope it helps!

1.) 2K Strategy Super Pack - $19.99 - Bought this on 12/20 before I even knew about the pubs promo credit. I thought this was an amazing deal compared to other places (steam included) and I didn't have any of it yet, so I jumped at the $19.99 price and the $5 EC credit was a nice bonus.

2.) LEGO Lord of the Rings and Scribblenauts Unlimited, again the price at $7.50 was so amazingly low compared to other places I had to jump. I think it'll be a while before these title drop this low on a regular basis, so jumped at the chance to get them. I think both also came with the $5 EC credit which again is a nice bonus.

3.) Next was the Darksiders Franchise Pack. I almost got this when it was at $13 dollars, but the fact that I could knock another $5 off with the THQ credit it was an amazing deal. I already had Darksiders, but at $8ish, that was low enough for just Darksiders 2 that I jumped at the chance again. I think I picked up some cheap DLC on the 24th just to get the $5 bonus, to then use that bonus on the 25th. This also triggered a $5 EC credit.

4.) I then used that 2K $5 credit today to get the Desert to Sea Bundle. I wasn't going to get this at $9.99, but at $4.99, it was totally worth it to me. I already had Bioshock 1 and 2 for the xbox, but I was really gunning for Spec Ops: The Line and at $4.99, that game alone was cheaper than anywhere else. So again I jumped at the price. This one didn't trigger the $5 EC credit, don't know if it was suppose to or if that stopped on 12/25.

All in all I'm really excited about my purchases. I got the Civ Bundle because I thought the price was amazing, I think its the only one I really would have bought on its own merit. Lego LOTR and Scribblenauts Unlimited were so much cheaper than anywhere else and were just released that pretty much convinced me to buy them. The Darksiders DLC purchase and the Franchise Pack I never would have bought without the credit, so the credit entirely drove that purchase. And again having the 2k $5 credit drove purchasing Desert to Sea Bundle. I never would have bought it without the credit.

I would have and did buy the civ bundle entirely on its own merit without needing the credits as an incentive. I also wasn't as excited about the EC $5 credit for next month as I was about the $5 pub credit. I think that's because a lot of the EC games are more expensive and to be honest, my price point on digital games is $5 - $20, so anything more and I just wait for it to come down in price. So even with the $5 EC credit on a lot of the currently posted games, I doubt I'll go after any of them. However, if you add some bundles or games at the $10 - $20 price point, I might bite again.

There ya have it, hope you enjoy the feedback and start running you analysis on it. Its only fair your willing to be pretty transparent with us on how your end works, so we should do our part and explain the why's behind our purchases.

Thanks again for everything you do for us!

Tanner Dabel[/QUOTE]

This post is similar to me. I picked up Scribblenauts Unlimited because I've been wanting to play it and the price was great!

I also used my THQ coupon to buy The Darksiders Pack because it was another great deal.

I didn't have an EA or UBI one.

However, I have a 2k one and the only 2k I'm interested in is Borderlands 2 which is too much for right now.

Keep up the great work Tony! I can't wait to see what deals I can use my EC coupons on next month. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is something that isn't built into the system yet. Adding this question to the list of examples I have for requests from customers on this.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Definitely something I'd like to see as well. Held off on buying Dark Souls because I was planning on using my Discover rewards on it but couldn't. =/

[quote name='Thadar']The only MP I really play are with 4x games (Why no Fallen Enchantress Tony, Why?!?). I play the AC single player because I like the story elements and the gameplay. Never been an FPS guy or anything and get worked in most MP situations.[/QUOTE]
Well it's certainly nothing like a FPS or fast paced like them. It's a truly unique MP where you aren't just running around slashing people, it's all about trickery, stealth, and making the best of your situation.

[quote name='SCMoney360']I am honestly surprised that Nfs isn't in the top 10. It's only at no. 50. I figured people would be all over that deal. Am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

well to be honest, the 'must have' already got this game, it ran into a bit of problems with reviewers, i think, not really getting the point of the game and to be honest, not letting me use my coupon on it was a dick move, since that would have made it an instant-buy. regardless, at this point the people who haven't already bought it are going to be the same people willing to wait for the summer sale when its 10-15 bucks, especially since i'm sure there is going to be some DLC or add-on game that will be nearing release then

re: Pay with points

FWIW I think that's just the way Amazon handles all digital products differently. You don't get the full regular cart like physical products and you don't get the full options that comes along with the full cart like pay with points.

It's the same way with Kindle books or mp3s and Android apps. I think they'd have to overhaul the way their entire store handles digital products, not just games.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']SORRY THE THREAD IS MOVING QUICKLY AND I MISSED THESE. YOU'LL PROBABLY GET YOUR COUPONS SOMETIME TODAY, THERE CAN BE UP TO A SEVERAL HOUR DELAY FOR SOME PEOPLE ALSO CHECK YOUR SPAM BOX

Cheers,
Tony
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheHeretic']What if it's more than a day already? I know you guys are swamped that's why I waited for more than 24 hours, borderline to 48 hours now. Should we continue to wait for it? I'm asking for the others who didn't get their $5 promo credit for the Editor's Choice + the other promo credits that go with it so you won't get bombarded with the same questions.

Thanks for the notice and for answering. :D
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the fall for us, I sent a PM to Tony with the IDs of the 3 of my last orders that didn't get any promo credits almost 12 hours ago and posted in this thread 4 hours ago but got no response to both. Just wondering what's up with the 9 orders I placed yesterday that didn't get any promo credits. I guess there's nothing else to do but to wait, it's not like we could use it now anyway.

"Does original game have to be purchased on Amazon to receive the 5$ credit?

I made a few purchases in Microsoft store."*

*not my question

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xanchui']"Does original game have to be purchased on Amazon to receive the 5$ credit?

I made a few purchases in Microsoft store."[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am pretty sure it has to be purchased on Amazon.

I never got my THQ promo e-mail. I didn't get my 2K e-mail either. I wonder how many like me are there. I have marketing e-mail tuned off in my e-mail preferences. Can this be the reason?

[quote name='xanchui']"Does original game have to be purchased on Amazon to receive the 5$ credit?

I made a few purchases in Microsoft store."[/QUOTE]

Um, this is an Amazon promo, so yeah.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is something that isn't built into the system yet. Adding this question to the list of examples I have for requests from customers on this.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. If it gets implemented I'll be getting a lot more deals (hopefully) since it would be technically free. Not sure how much Amazon receives when using rewards, but free for me ;) If you catch my drift.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Um, this is an Amazon promo, so yeah.[/QUOTE]

What? No promo for buying from Microsoft! I am outraged! We must complain about this!

:rofl:

[quote name='DropZite']Thanks for taking the fall for us, I sent a PM to Tony with the IDs of the 3 of my last orders that didn't get any promo credits almost 12 hours ago and posted in this thread 4 hours ago but got no response to both. Just wondering what's up with the 9 orders I placed yesterday that didn't get any promo credits. I guess there's nothing else to do but to wait, it's not like we could use it now anyway.[/QUOTE]

Have you guys also opened support tickets or chatted with CS? I'm just putting the suggestion out there since Tony isn't really a CS rep and what he does for the site is just in addition to his real job at Amazon. So he does this out of the kindness of his heart and love for CAG and on his own time so he might take a while to get to any issues.

I've found CS is usually aware of most issues people are having and usually resolve whatever issue in a satisfactory way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back