Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Frithsblessing']Where does it say on the amazon page if the game comes with a steam key or not? I cant find the yellow circle anywhere on any games anymore.[/QUOTE]
Ancient Chinese secret.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Where does it say on the amazon page if the game comes with a steam key or not? I cant find the yellow circle anywhere on any games anymore.[/QUOTE]

Well, it says either on top, bottom, middle, or system requirement box.

So yeh, just CTRL+F and type "steam"

Usually found right above or below the System Requirments box:

Example - Saints Row the Third:

lIDcEh.jpg

Example - Scribblenauts:

8KElO6.jpg

[quote name='MrBonk']Anyone else got a 2k Coupon they aren't going to use?[/QUOTE]

I believe the promo coupons are tied to accounts and not transferable.

There is no standard, they just put it anywhere in the item description.

The only way to be certain you find it or not is to do a text search of "steam" on the item's page.

TONY, I bought the 2k mega pack cause you said it all activated on steam, but Bioshock 1, Civ IV, and the stronghold collection didn't come with activation codes, and Bioshock 2's code doesnt work at all. WTH man?

Anyone else have this issue with this bundle?

[quote name='inm8num2']I believe the promo coupons are tied to accounts and not transferable.[/QUOTE]
Yes. I know this.

Would have someone buy it, I'd send them money via paypal. They'd give keys.:lol:

[quote name='chibilaharl']TONY, I bought the 2k mega pack cause you said it all activated on steam, but Bioshock 1, Civ IV, and the stronghold collection didn't come with activation codes, and Bioshock 2's code doesnt work at all. WTH man?

Anyone else have this issue with this bundle?[/QUOTE]

I didn't, but im sure Tony will have the answer...

[quote name='walkonshadows']Usually found right above or below the System Requirments box:

Example - Saints Row the Third:

lIDcEh.jpg

Example - Scribblenauts:

8KElO6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tolyngee']There is no standard, they just put it anywhere in the item description.

The only way to be certain you find it or not is to do a text search of "steam" on the item's page.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BernardoOne']Well, it says either on top, bottom, middle, or system requirement box.

So yeh, just CTRL+F and type "steam"[/QUOTE]

Thank you, all. Seems like they would make that information a little more accessible.

I'm sure this has already been asked, but do the $5 credits for January stack or is it a -$5 per order with multiple orders type deal?

[quote name='Frithsblessing']Thank you, all. Seems like they would make that information a little more accessible.[/QUOTE]

I believe they are trying their best to standardize it now. On newer games like BL2 at the top they have:

Borderlands 2
by 2K Games
Rated: Mature | DRM: Steam

So it's the item's name, pub, rating and DRM are the first four things you read.

Older games though, this standard isn't there yet. They may edit them eventually, or maybe never edit them at all. (Assuming it's even a new standard anyway.)

Just trying to clarify.

Only way to really be certain is CTRL+F "Steam"

[quote name='etcrane']I'm sure this has already been asked, but do the $5 credits for January stack or is it a -$5 per order with multiple orders type deal?[/QUOTE]

"Qualifying codes for this promotion may only be used one at a time."

That's what the item descriptions say for every qualifying game, and the emails say with every purchase.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm sure this has already been asked, but do the $5 credits for January stack or is it a -$5 per order with multiple orders type deal?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure this has ever been clarified.

the next coconut queen?

[quote name='sunasun']I'm not sure this has ever been clarified.
[/QUOTE]

Sunasun, I hope you were just being facetious. It's on the page of every item that qualifies for the promo. And in every email post-purchase.

You can read it before you buy, and after you buy.

"Qualifying credits for this promotion may only be used one at a time."

Not to sound ungrateful, but doesn't that make the promotion a bit silly then, considering nearly all of the games for January would have been cheaper during the winter sale than taking $5 off their full price?

I assumed they wouldn't stack .. but $5 credit sounds different than $5 off your order ... just seems sort of counter-intuitive if something is currently $10 or $15 off right now.

[quote name='etcrane']Not to sound ungrateful, but doesn't that make the promotion a bit silly then, considering nearly all of the games for January would have been cheaper during the winter sale than taking $5 off their full price?

I assumed they wouldn't stack .. but $5 credit sounds different than $5 off your order ... just seems sort of counter-intuitive if something is currently $10 or $15 off right now.[/QUOTE]

The other way to look at it - would you consider it fair to be able to buy a bunch of $1 games for their coupons and end up getting $40+ games for free? Besides, give the Jan list of games a few more days. If it's like last year, they may end up being discounted before the coupons expire.

[quote name='etcrane']Not to sound ungrateful, but doesn't that make the promotion a bit silly then, considering nearly all of the games for January would have been cheaper during the winter sale than taking $5 off their full price?

I assumed they wouldn't stack .. but $5 credit sounds different than $5 off your order ... just seems sort of counter-intuitive if something is currently $10 or $15 off right now.[/QUOTE]

Some things will be better sales with the coupons though. For example Dark Souls was $15 with its Christmas sale, 18 now, and will be 13 with the coupon. So $2 cheaper than during Christmas. It's also a second chance for people who missed sales to not pay full price, and the games may even go on sale again during January. Some will be cheaper than they were during the sale, some will be the same, some will be more expensive.

For people looking for Kingdoms of Amalur, it will be the cheapest price yet, at $9.99 with the credit.

Last January I got Civ 5 for $3.99, Darkspore/Spore/NFS:Hot Pursuit for $2.99 each, and DNF for free with my promo credits.

I certainly wasn't complaining.

[quote name='Tolyngee']For people looking for Kingdoms of Amalur, it will be the cheapest price yet, at $9.99 with the credit.

Last January I got Civ 5 for $3.99, Darkspore/Spore/NFS:Hot Pursuit for $2.99 each, and DNF for free with my promo credits.

I certainly wasn't complaining.[/QUOTE]

that would be awesome, amalur on its own has been under $10 a few times, but never with all of the dlc content.

any word if hitman will be added to the editors choice? want to know if i should just buy it now or wait and see if its on the editors choice so i can get it for 15

[quote name='swizzy']any word if hitman will be added to the editors choice? want to know if i should just buy it now or wait and see if its on the editors choice so i can get it for 15[/QUOTE]
Tony said it's highly unlikely.

[quote name='chibilaharl']TONY, I bought the 2k mega pack cause you said it all activated on steam, but Bioshock 1, Civ IV, and the stronghold collection didn't come with activation codes, and Bioshock 2's code doesnt work at all. WTH man?

Anyone else have this issue with this bundle?[/QUOTE]

You bought the wrong version.

You want this one:

http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-4109...8&qid=1356842267&sr=1-2&keywords=2k+mega+pack

Email CS and tell them you got the wrong version, they'll get you sorted.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='lulzorcito']Anyone knows if this pack is coming back on offer during January? It shows in the 2012 Editor's Choice list[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Tony said that it would never come back.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Papytendo']^

edit: yeah that[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dfg']Yeah it does. Which is odd and disappointing.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yaynick']I'm pretty happy about it. :applause: The more people happy, the better, right?

Edit: Also, why be disappointed? The last time it was on sale, editor's choice hadn't even been mentioned. Why be disappointed when a deal is made accessible to more people? The price of the bundle isn't even known yet, so it could be worse anyway.[/QUOTE]

Hey guys,

I was using that pack as a placeholder for stuff that the $5 coupon would work on, specifically because it will likely never go live again.

One of our automated systems put it on that page, we'll get it off ASAP.

Cheers,
Tony

So, Tony, now that Risen 2 Complete has been added to the EC, can you give us a hint for what the sale price will be at in January? ;)

I'm joking.. I know a few of you will take this post seriously

Random question. If someone buys an Amazon giftcard in Australia or wherever, can they send it via email to an American and they are able to use it?

[quote name='Mooby']Now let's not get greedy![/QUOTE]
It's not greedy if I don't mention a price. :lol:

[quote name='sunghost']So, Tony, now that Risen 2 Complete has been added to the EC, can you give us a hint for what the sale price will be at in January? ;)

I'm joking.. I know a few of you will take this post seriously
[/QUOTE]
:cry:

[quote name='Corpekata']Random question. If someone buys an Amazon giftcard in Australia or wherever, can they send it via email to an American and they are able to use it?[/QUOTE]

No gift cards are usually separate for different countries. .com gift cards don't work on .de etc

[quote name='etcrane']Not to sound ungrateful, but doesn't that make the promotion a bit silly then, considering nearly all of the games for January would have been cheaper during the winter sale than taking $5 off their full price?[/QUOTE]
Last year stuff on the Editor's Choice list went on sale throughout the month of January while the coupons were active. Not all at once, but each few days brought different sales on the EC list. I was a little annoyed with myself for using all my coupons early and then watching things go cheaper but whatever. It was a learning experience.

I have no way of knowing if they'll run it the same way this year. Since the coupons are good all month, I'd just note which games you're interested in and watch the site and/or this thread and see if they get a discount. Coupons are good all month anyway and I'm sure your backlog misses you.

[quote name='Corpekata']Random question. If someone buys an Amazon giftcard in Australia or wherever, can they send it via email to an American and they are able to use it?[/QUOTE]
From a retail store, and what currency is the gift card in?

Someone living Australia can buy a digital gift card from Amazon.com, and anyone can claim it on the US Amazon store.

Also, I don't think there is an Australian version of Amazon. (amazon.com.au redirects to amazon.co.uk)

[quote name='swizzy']any word if hitman will be added to the editors choice? want to know if i should just buy it now or wait and see if its on the editors choice so i can get it for 15[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Idiotekque']Tony said it's highly unlikely.[/QUOTE]

Vanilla will still be only $19.99 though starting in three hours. Still cheaper than Steam right now during the Flash sale.

[quote name='Detruire']From a retail store, and what currency is the gift card in?

Someone living Australia can buy a digital gift card from Amazon.com, and anyone can claim it on the US Amazon store.

Also, I don't think there is an Australian version of Amazon. (amazon.com.au redirects to amazon.co.uk)[/QUOTE]
I can confirm that there's no Australian Amazon. Have an Aussie friend who always bitches about sellers not offering international shipping and whatnot, lol.

[quote name='dracula']that would be awesome, amalur on its own has been under $10 a few times, but never with all of the dlc content.[/QUOTE]

Oops, that's what I mean to say. KoA with all of the DLC for under $10.

Don't own it, don't hate it, but not a fan, don't know anything about it. Hence I forgot about the DLC angle of the sale.

[quote name='Psybuster']fuck did I miss something about the Civ 5 GOTY sale being only a day? Went out for my brother's birthday and completely forgot about it until now...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was a one-day sale event.

I just bought the 2K Strategy Pack for $14.99 though instead.

[quote name='Psybuster']fuck did I miss something about the Civ 5 GOTY sale being only a day? Went out for my brother's birthday and completely forgot about it until now...[/QUOTE]

How much was it? I asked the other day about any additional 2K deals that might be coming up and people told me it was just the 2K packs. So I flat-out missed the Civ 5 GOTY sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back