Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='espy605']People complain about Origin, but it's relatively easily to know if your games will show up. Did EA publish it? Do you have proof? They will almost always add it via customer service chat if there isn't a self-add process.

None of my PC Ubisoft games show up on uPlay for download unless I bought it specifically from them.[/QUOTE]

Actually, maybe I'm blind - SC: Conviciton (Retail) is showing within UPlay for "Download".

I should note on the UPlay web-page (Not within the program) and when I sign in and jump into my account...
...it shows POP: Forgotten Sands (Steam) and as SC: Conviction (UPlay) as OWNED.

Go figure. {shrugs}

EDIT:
I just signed in and out of UPlay.
Now my copy of From Dust (from Amazon DVG) that I've had installed for some time is showing up in UPlay as "Ready To Play".
Is this client-program crazy or something? :whistle2:X

I might not be understanding this correctly, but if issue #5 was something normally bought in TSW, where are issues 1-4 to purchase?

@asheskitty I had 645GB free on that drive. I finally restarted the client 3 times, and did another repair broken data, and it said it was finally updated. Made a backup of the install folder, cause I'm not going through that again.

[quote name='walkonshadows']I might not be understanding this correctly, but if issue #5 was something normally bought in TSW, where are issues 1-4 to purchase?

@asheskitty I had 645GB free on that drive. I finally restarted the client 3 times, and did another repair broken data, and it said it was finally updated. Made a backup of the install folder, cause I'm not going through that again.[/QUOTE]
Issues 1-4 are included.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well... never mind that. I try to download ACB through Amazon (my only option, since Uplay has no activate key function) and it's going to take 18 hours to download 10GB...

My internet is giving me a 2684.6 KB/sec transfer rate, so I know it's not my connection. I can never download anything from Amazon, ever. Why the hell are their servers so slow?

If this keeps up, I really can't buy any DRM-free from Amazon... Steam, Origin, Desura, etc all give me 1-1.5MBps...

:cry:[/QUOTE]

I DL'd ACB though Amazon as well. Went faster than the estimated time, but it was still slower than pushing water uphill. It's definitely something Amazon (and Origin for that matter) needs to improve on.

[quote name='juanjava']Last question... 2K shooter Pack or The WTF pack? I own all the games... except DNF (...) and only want BL GOTY to gift a friend[/QUOTE]

If you have everything, I guess it doesn't matter. I'm biased against DNF for what it's worth, but you might as well get the WTF/TCA Pack then, so you'll get something out of it.

[quote name='espy605']People complain about Origin, but it's relatively easily to know if your games will show up. Did EA publish it? Do you have proof? They will almost always add it via customer service chat if there isn't a self-add process.
[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, did anyone manage to get EA CS to add TSW to their Origin account? The key won't activate by default.

And I apologize in advance if that's been answered pages back but this thread moves way too fast.

[quote name='Motoki']Speaking of which, did anyone manage to get EA CS to add TSW to their Origin account? The key won't activate by default.

And I apologize in advance if that's been answered pages back but this thread moves way too fast.[/QUOTE]

There needs to be a wiki section for this thread.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I DL'd ACB though Amazon as well. Went faster than the estimated time, but it was still slower than pushing water uphill. It's definitely something Amazon (and Origin for that matter) needs to improve on.[/QUOTE]
It USED to be fine, it's just the last month or so that DL speeds have been utterly impossible. I'd think it's just my location (Hawaii) in relation to wherever Amazon's server is, but since it was fine before, I really don't get it. Amazon is the ONLY place where my downloads go this slowly. I'm seriously done buying DRM-free from them if this keeps up...

[quote name='Motoki']Speaking of which, did anyone manage to get EA CS to add TSW to their Origin account? The key won't activate by default.

And I apologize in advance if that's been answered pages back but this thread moves way too fast.[/QUOTE]
I love Indians, so I shall try!

Somebody said they'd opened a ticket, and were told that it would take several days to resolve.

EDIT: Here's the post.

[quote name='Idiotekque']...

I love Indians, so I shall try![/QUOTE]

This is hilarious :applause:

I was just trying with Origin chat "Indian" rep and he wasted 30 minutes of my time and was not helpful at all :lol:

[quote name='Idiotekque']
I love Indians, so I shall try![/QUOTE]

Ashot P? Oh wait he already has an outsourced job with Gamersgate unless he is doing double duty.

[quote name='Motoki']Ashot P? Oh wait he already has an outsourced job with Gamersgate unless he is doing double duty.[/QUOTE]

That actually would explain A LOT of things...

[quote name='SCMoney360']Tsw question:

Anyone know how easy you can copy these files to another computer?[/QUOTE]

I installed TSW on a USB drive. Removed the USB drive, connected to another computer, and ran "The Secret World" executable in the USB Drive\Program Files\TSW directory.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well... never mind that. I try to download ACB through Amazon (my only option, since Uplay has no activate key function) and it's going to take 18 hours to download 10GB...[/QUOTE]
1. Right-click the Uplay shortcut on your desktop. Select "Properties."
2. In the "target" text box, after the part in quotes, put without quotes " -upc_uplay_id ##", where ## is the id number of the game. The id numbers can be found on this list.
3. Click Apply, then double-click the shortcut. Uplay will boot into a splash screen for the game, and it should pop up a box prompting you enter the game's key.
4. Enter the key.
5. ???
6. Profit

(Credit to this fine fellow on NeoGAF.)

Wow...would EA even allow it to add TSW to someone's Origin account?

I thought Funcom maintained the right to having that delivered on their website (which would probably exclude Origin), since EA only published boxed copies and some 3rd party digital copies...
...while Funcom has right to distribute TSW on their OWN on their very own website.

See page 2 of this.

The Secret World

· Funcom has signed a co-publishing agreement with
EA for The Secret World.

The partners will cooperate on the marketing, sales and PR
for the game. EA will be responsible for the distribution of
the physical boxed product in all key markets.

Funcom will sell the game in digital form from its
websites.

Under the terms of the agreement, EA will
also make significant contributions to the marketing
campaign of the game. The deal terms are broadly
similar to those of previous publishing agreements
signed by the Company.

EDIT:
More of what I'm reading about TSW:
http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showpost.php?p=1066517&postcount=8
EA only has a co-publishing contract. It is a public contract, it states EA will sell the physical version of the game (boxes).

FC keeps the online distribution. EA and FC both work on the marketing.

After the box sales EA's part of the deal is done. FC administrates the game, runs the servers, handles subscriptions, ongoing marketing... and still keeps the online distribution, why would Origin be involved, being that TSW is not developed by EA and EA doesn't hold the rights for online distribution of it?

Some people seem to mistake co-publishing with some sort of co-ownership. TSW is not an EA game.

I was wondering the same thing. I want to buy it. I have like 6 months of time on my hands, like a guy earlier in this thread. My gf, who is preggo dumped me and kicked me out and I need something to take my mind of shit.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']1. Right-click the Uplay shortcut on your desktop. Select "Properties."
2. In the "target" text box, after the part in quotes, put without quotes " -upc_uplay_id ##", where ## is the id number of the game. The id numbers can be found on this list.
3. Click Apply, then double-click the shortcut. Uplay will boot into a splash screen for the game, and it should pop up a box prompting you enter the game's key.
4. Enter the key.
5. ???
6. Profit

(Credit to this fine fellow on NeoGAF.)[/QUOTE]

^Thanks for this. :)

[quote name='Larce80']cut the racism guys[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I don't really think it's funny. My experience with Origin reps has almost always been positive.

[quote name='Larce80']cut the racism guys[/QUOTE]
With Spec Ops at $2.50 with the $5 credit, I'll make peace with the fact that my tech support job was outsourced! Love those Indians working for third world wages so I can play games. Now if only we could find jobs!

[quote name='MysterD']Wow...would EA even allow it to add TSW to someone's Origin account?
[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. You still need your Funcom account to login so having it on Origin (or Steam for that matter) doesn't really change that. All it does is attach the game client to your account if you want to download it. It doesn't matter if you download it from Amazon, Steam, Origin, Funcom or hell if you torrent it even. You still need an active Funcom account.

Anyway, it's worth a try to ask. Worst they can do is say no.

Besides when someone asked Funcom about it they didn't say no, they told them to ask EA.

[quote name='Motoki']I don't see why not. You still need your Funcom account to login so having it on Origin (or Steam for that matter) doesn't really change that. All it does is attach the game client to your account if you want to download it. It doesn't matter if you download it from Amazon, Steam, Origin, Funcom or hell if you torrent it even. You still need an active Funcom account.

Besides when someone asked Funcom about it they didn't say no, they told them to ask EA.[/QUOTE]

No idea if anyone's had success getting EA to add it to their Origin account.. but I can say that usually when you ask an Origin rep to add a game to your account (after giving them your key), they'll add a NEW key to your account, never your original key. That alone makes me think it may not be possible for them to do this, and if they did, you'd probably get an entirely new key and have to create a new TSW account with that key.

This is just what I assume though, I could be wrong. If all that's added to your Origin account is the game client, and NOT a key, then yeah it's probably possible to get it added.

[quote name='Motoki']I don't see why not. You still need your Funcom account to login so having it on Origin (or Steam for that matter) doesn't really change that. All it does is attach the game client to your account if you want to download it. It doesn't matter if you download it from Amazon, Steam, Origin, Funcom or hell if you torrent it even. You still need an active Funcom account.[/quote]
True.

But, it really seems like Funcom has MOST of the rights to the actual online distribution of the game. That is what makes me think EA might not allow it to be added to Origin.

I could be wrong, though.
{shrug}

Usually, when Origin is involved - that is where most of the actual downloading, updating, and all of that takes place.
On TSW (from experience w/ the Beta here) - most of your updating is done via the game's very own program/client.

Besides when someone asked Funcom about it they didn't say no, they told them to ask EA.
That's VERY interesting, actually!
We'll have to see how this all plays out!
Keep us posted!

[quote name='happypants']I installed TSW on a USB drive. Removed the USB drive, connected to another computer, and ran "The Secret World" executable in the USB Drive\Program Files\TSW directory.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for that post. I feel better knowing I don't have to go through another 5+ hour wait downloading.

hey guys - i've got a key for farcry 3 that i won't be using so figured if anyone wanted to trade for it - i like most of you guys and i don't know if its allowed here (if so let me know and i'll delete post, this is ignorance not malice) but a couple copies of worms revolution on steam or gods and kings or x-com you get the idea.

message me here or on steam if you wanna make an offer

btw tony thanks for 2k12 - i picked up a ton of stuff, here's to getting a ton more in 2k13!

[quote name='kwirl']hey guys - i've got a key for farcry 3 that i won't be using so figured if anyone wanted to trade for it - i like most of you guys and i don't know if its allowed here (if so let me know and i'll delete post, this is ignorance not malice) but a couple copies of worms revolution on steam or gods and kings or x-com you get the idea.

message me here or on steam if you wanna make an offer

btw tony thanks for 2k12 - i picked up a ton of stuff, here's to getting a ton more in 2k13![/QUOTE]

You can trade for Steam and PC digital goods here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279563

[quote name='CheapThomas']that was my understanding as well - based on some posts over at steam - but when I installed it from steam on top of a new windows 8 build, I found it had installed securom on my pc. At least the various methods/tools you can use to uninstall securom told me I had it installed.

btw - I had not visited any of the DLC locations.

anyhow, I plan to just remove securom once I finish the game or just not worry about it since I don't use the drive on that pc.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I'll check next time I get the chance, already did a secumalware clean up when I got rid of GTA4. Since I would never activate those, it wouldn't really matter to remove securom after installing BL goty.

Thanks a lot for the info!

I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

F.A.Q.
Q1) What is this Editor's choice promotion?
A1) Any purchase of a game from the Digital Games section on Amazon.com between Nov. 16 and Dec. 31, 2012 (or the purchase of the Protoype pack in November) earns you a $5 credit to be used on the purchase of a game from the 2012 Editor's Choice Games.
Q2) Where is the code for the promotion?
A2) There is no code - the credit is linked to the account that purchased the qualifying game and automatically applied at checkout.
Q3) I didn't get the credit. What should I do?
A3) You can PM the order number that you think should qualify to Tony, or contact Amazon Customer Service directly.
Q4) Is there anything I can buy to get the credit now?
A4) No, the promotion is over.
Q5) Where can I find the eligible games?
A5) Here
Q6) I don't like the list/have all the games/ don't like the prices.
A6) There is no way to predict what will be on the list, but there will be changes between now and when the promotion ends on January 31, 2013.
Q7) How do I know how many credits I have?
A7) There is no easy way to tell. You can search your inbox for emails or contact Amazon customer service. Ignore the amount under game credits you can find on the Amazon site - it includes credits for a lot of other promotions.
Q8) What happens if Steam/Gamefly/Impulse(Gamestop) has a lower price?
A8) These price matches are handled on a case by case basis.
Q9) Will Amazon price match Gamersgate/Getgamesgo/Greenmangaming?
A9) Amazon does not pricematch international sellers.
10) Will Amazon pricematch Origin for EA games?
A10) Amazon generally does not match publisher sales.
Q11) What time do prices change?
A11) Generally, between midnight and 1 am Seattle (Pacific) time for scheduled deals. Price matches can change at any time.
Q12) I don't like the way Amazon does things.
A12) email [email protected] . He probably won't read it, but one of his assistants will and who knows, maybe it will be the catalyst for change.

I spent too much time on this thread and must of caught whatever Tony had that made sick the other day ;)

I took some pills and went to bed but not before adding all the games I have bought over the holidays to my steam download list, I'm almost finished just a couple of more games to go and I'll be ready to play them tomorrow when I feel better.
SwkQe.png

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

F.A.Q.
A1) Any purchase of a game from the Digital Games section on Amazon.com between Nov. 16 and Dec. 31, 2012 (or the purchase of the Protoype pack in November) earns you a $5 credit to be used on the purchase of a game from the 2012 Editor's Choice Games.
A2) There is no code - the credit is linked to the account that purchased the qualifying game and automatically applied at checkout.
A3) You can PM the order number that you think should qualify to Tony, or contact Amazon Customer Service directly.
A5) Here
A6) There is no way to predict what will be on the list, but there will be changes between now and when the promotion ends on January 31, 2013.
A7) There is no easy way to tell. You can search your inbox for emails or contact Amazon customer service. Ignore the amount under game credits you can find on the Amazon site - it includes credits for a lot of other promotions.
A11) Generally, between midnight and 1 am Seattle (Pacific) time for scheduled deals. Price matches can change at any time.
A12) email [email protected] . He probably won't read it, but one of his assistants will and who knows, maybe it will be the catalyst for change.
[/QUOTE]

I like it. Especially the last one. :lol:

You might want to add a blurb on question 8 that there's a link on every item page on Amazon entitled " tell us about a lower price" where you can submit a request for a price match, which of course is still not guaranteed.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I've tried to compile a list of frequently asked questions. Please feel free to repost/revise, suggest new questions or correct my answers. Also feel free to flame away.

F.A.Q.
A5) Here
[/QUOTE]

I think this is a good idea, maybe Tony should add it to the OP but then again nobody ever checks the OP so it may not be of much help.

F.A.Q.

A5) Here

Q10) Will Amazon pricematch Origin for EA games?

[/QUOTE]

Nice. I'd say Tony should add it to the OP, but sadly no one would probably read it. If I may make one suggestion... (see edited quote for clarity)

Edit: Too bad the forum software doesn't allow (I assume) a persistent OP at the top of each new page. Might make issues like these lessen.

[quote name='tham1988']Hitman Absolution EDITOR'S CHOICE
make it happen[/QUOTE]

Tony said it was very unlikely that Hitman would make it into the EC list, if it does it won't be at the current sale price of $20.

F.A.Q.
A5) Here
[/QUOTE]

Excellent idea. There really needs to be a wiki entry here we can tell people to read when they ask redundant questions and this should go right in it.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']1. Right-click the Uplay shortcut on your desktop. Select "Properties."
4. Enter the key.
5. ???
6. Profit

(Credit to this fine fellow on NeoGAF.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. Some of the most useful advice I've gotten on here.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Tony said it was very unlikely that Hitman would make it into the EC list, if it does it won't be at the current sale price of $20.[/QUOTE]

"unlikely"
not blaming you personally but i'm really fucking sick of this response
i see absolutely no reason a definitive answer can't be given other than they already know it will be added after the $20 sale and are afraid to say so

[quote name='tham1988']"unlikely"
i see absolutely no reason a definitive answer can't be given other than they already know it will be added after the $20 sale and are afraid to say so[/QUOTE]

Because if he says "No" and somehow it ends up on the list, you'd get a million people whining and complaining about it. Tony's always said that if you see a good price for something elsewhere, buy it. No other site pre-advertises their sales, so Amazon doesn't really owe you anything on that front.

[quote name='tham1988']
i see absolutely no reason a definitive answer can't be given [/QUOTE]

I think there are plenty of reasons a definitive answer can't be given. I'd list them, but all they would be on my part is speculation. However, I'm pretty sure one of them is NOT to screw with tham1988. A lot of us have games we'd like to see on the list...all we can really do is politely request and hope.

I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread, but I don't have the time to dig through 20+ pages. So, could some kind CAG tell me if I can jump into The Darkness 2 or do I need to play the first one first.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread, but I don't have the time to dig through 20+ pages. So, could some kind CAG tell me if I can jump into The Darkness 2 or do I need to play the first one first.[/QUOTE]

The short answer is...you can jump in.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread, but I don't have the time to dig through 20+ pages. So, could some kind CAG tell me if I can jump into The Darkness 2 or do I need to play the first one first.[/QUOTE]

You can jump in, I did without really playing the first one. It's a fun time, definitely worth $2.50

[quote name='tham1988']"unlikely"
i see absolutely no reason a definitive answer can't be given other than they already know it will be added after the $20 sale and are afraid to say so[/QUOTE]

Wow.

This thread. :whistle2:s:shame:

As a person who does not like to deal in definites because you just never know, I can appreciate that statement.

If it bothers you so much just take the answer to be no and be pleasantly surprised (or I guess unpleasantly surprised if you but it elsewhere) if it does happen.

I don't understand how so many people got to feel so entitled in this thread, maybe it's an unintended consequence of Tony's level of direct communication with the community here, but in my opinion some people really could do with dialing their expectations back a little bit. No one is owed a sale. Ever.

People always have the option to go elsewhere if they feel like they are not having a good experience with one particular retailer for whatever the reason.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I think there are plenty of reasons a definitive answer can't be given. I'd list them, but all they would be on my part is speculation. However, I'm pretty sure one of them is NOT to screw with tham1988. A lot of us have games we'd like to see on the list...all we can really do is politely request and hope.[/QUOTE]

Tony's actually told us he can't give definitive answers because negotiating deals is an ongoing process for this month. That's definitive. It's a negotiation between Amazon, the publisher and often, Valve. Plenty of places don't even advertise their sales in advance, including Steam themselves.

I think you're taking the right attitude, other people are way too entitled. It's easy to forget that literally no other download services has a representative here that puts up with us all the time, asking (and sometimes demanding) the same things over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back