Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']Ahhh, GG and their pricing-errors. ;)

They need to STOP having them during my sleeping hours and at times when I might be at work...
...and instead pick a better time to have them errors for me![/QUOTE]

0800 UTC is when they occur!

Maybe not a better time for you, but at least you can schedule when to be ready for it!

[quote name='MysterD']It's called Gears of War. ;)

EDIT:
Actually, I'll do you one better.

Actually, there's a section in SR: The Third where...
...you jump literally into a computer (a parody of Tron) and you are turned into a Toilet Avatar for a short period time.
[/QUOTE]

Toilet Tycoon The Second:

:lol:

saints_web_scrn_1_0.jpg

[quote name='MysterD']It's called Gears of War. ;)

EDIT:
Actually, I'll do you one better.

Actually, there's a section in SR: The Third where...
...you jump literally into a computer (a parody of Tron) and you are turned into a Toilet Avatar for a short period time.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Toilet Tycoon The Second:

:lol:

saints_web_scrn_1_0.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's it! :D

[quote name='Tolyngee']Okay, replace "Amazon" with "Bioshock's publisher", and the point's basically the same I would think? The pub wants to get Bioshock out there, and isn't it devaluing their product?

I like Bioshock. But too much of a good thing out there leads to any product devaluing, no?

But I'll be more careful with my comments if you're concerned of them being absolutely construed as fact.[/QUOTE]

I think you're replacing speculation with more speculation. He already told you, the Bioshock pack on its own has sold well.

And games after a certain lifespan are sold at this level not uncommonly, especially digital games. Look at all the Prince of Persia games on Steam sold for $2.50 each, or recent-gen Tomb Raider games, same thing. They always sell well when they go on deep sales. This is basically the same price BioShock is being sold for, minus rare exceptions.

There is a lot of theorizing in this thread that is asserted as fact, when most of us are just guessing at what's going on. The problem with this it leads to extended discussions that often have a very negative tone to them and they overtake the thread for pages upon pages.

[quote name='Tolyngee']SR3 keeps getting weirder and weirder the more I learn about it...[/QUOTE]

I didn't even mention the parts in SR3 where...

...you're in the computer, and the game immitates BAD LAG in a Multiplayer game / Internet Connection; and the text adventure game (like Zork) that you play while in there...

...or even Mayor Burt Reynolds dealing w/ a Zombie Apocalypse.

[quote name='qwertyaas']Any luck with Amazon PMing Dead Island?
[/QUOTE]

Tony's reply...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We had it for like 10 days at $5.99 ending about 7 days ago. This is one we're in conversation about revisiting and won't be matching.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']The game will literally make you throw your controller/mouse at the screen. But it has a very rewarding feeling when you finally accomplish it. (like the bridge run past the dragon... that was incredible)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the exact reason I don't think it's for me. I USUALLY play games to see new things (story, art, environments, etc) and challenge is really less important to me. It's about an experience. Once in a while a challenge will be fun to me and once in a blue moon I find a competitive multiplayer game I enjoy (usually a bit slower paced, more tactical stuff think Battlefield over CoD).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Wait, do you guys want bigger bundles of games you already own a bunch of but at a higher price point? Or smaller bundles with a lower pricepoint? I can tell you how you're voting, in aggregate, with your dollars :). Until that trend changes we'll continue to focus most heavily on smaller bundles with good content at lower prices.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Smaller bundles with a lower price point. I'm more willing to buy a small cheaper pack that has 1 game I already own/don't want over a big pricier pack that has 1 game that I already own/don't want. It feels like the more you spend on something the less wiggle room you give it.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Yeah, that's the exact reason I don't think it's for me. I USUALLY play games to see new things (story, art, environments, etc) and challenge is really less important to me. It's about an experience. Once in a while a challenge will be fun to me and once in a blue moon I find a competitive multiplayer game I enjoy (usually a bit slower paced, more tactical stuff think Battlefield over CoD).[/QUOTE]

Personally, I never got angry at Dark Souls (spare one time I got cursed four times in a row due to sloppy play) like I have with other games because while difficult, it is not cheap. I avoided DS like the plague on launch due to all the difficulty talk and can say now, I missed out on a good game for a while due to pure fear. I think people should actually play DS for the experience. If you can learn and adapt, DS will pose no problem to you.

[quote name='espy605']the Bioshock pack on its own has sold well. [/QUOTE]

So, they're running out of keys as it's selling so well? That's surprising.

Anyway, since I'm obviously wrong, let's just agree I am wrong and move on.

If Tony wants me to edit/remove my posts, I will.

But Tony, my comments came from something else that's floated in my mind that's caused what's come out to come out, so I'm really just reflecting on myself. May I please PM you about it? You'll understand why I am PMing you when you read it. And no, it's not a complaint, or speculation, or questions. If you let me PM you, you'll understand. (It's related to what I just quoted above from espy605)

Focus Group Guy: So you want a realistic down-to-earth show that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?
[the kids all chat at once about it being a great idea]

[quote name='opasx']Focus Group Guy: So you want a realistic down-to-earth show that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?
[the kids all chat at once about it being a great idea][/QUOTE]

Actually, I was looking for a game that would be a romantic-comedy... ;)

[quote name='Tolyngee']Okay, replace "Amazon" with "Bioshock's publisher", and the point's basically the same I would think? The pub wants to get Bioshock out there, and isn't it devaluing their product?

I like Bioshock. But too much of a good thing out there leads to any product devaluing, no?

But I'll be more careful with my comments if you're concerned of them being absolutely construed as fact.[/QUOTE]

Sorry maybe I misunderstood your original statement:

"But those smaller bundles with the Bioshock keys are basically just there to dump Bioshock keys. If the Bioshock keys aren't basically worthless, then why does Amazon keep running out of them? It's because Amazon doesn't want to buy too many of them... and then be stuck themselves with worthless keys."

This implies that we're buying keys upfront and then selling them, as with a packaged goods business, this is not true.

Similarly, with Bioshock Infinite coming out, everyone wants as many people playing as possible, increasing the number of people talking about the franchise.

Also, again, this isn't meant to sound harsh I'm just trying to communicate how making statements as if they are fact without a full understanding of what's going on makes it harder for me to make cases based on direct customer feedback.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Unfortunately this isn't the kind of message we'd merchandise on site. Remember, I'm able to communicate much more freely with you guys because I can clarify things for those with questions.
[/QUOTE]

Perhaps Amazon can add something like the following to that Editor's Choice page:

"Remember to check this page often as we will [or may, up to you (you=Amazon)] be adding titles to the Editor's Choice List throughout the month of January!"

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Personally, I never got angry at Dark Souls (spare one time I got cursed four times in a row due to sloppy play) like I have with other games because while difficult, it is not cheap. I avoided DS like the plague on launch due to all the difficulty talk and can say now, I missed out on a good game for a while due to pure fear. I think people should actually play DS for the experience. If you can learn and adapt, DS will pose no problem to you.[/QUOTE]

Today's the last day of the sale, and I keep getting conflicted on whether to buy or not.

I better just Youtube some vids of DS and decide. Youtube's already helped me decide on C&C Collection (no, just not my type of game, otherwise great value), TSW (yes!!!), KoA (yes), TWD (heck yes!), and Dead Rising 2 (but why did I say yes?)

DR2's not anything of what I was expecting.
What a silly game! I can imagine this must somewhat be what SR3 is like...

I think I'm going to hold off on Dark Souls, I would have gotten it at $10.

I'm sort of torn on walking dead, I watched up until a little bit after you meet clementine and it just didn't really seem interesting. Does the story pick up where it's more interesting later on?

[quote name='Tolyngee']So, they're running out of keys as it's selling so well? That's surprising.

Anyway, since I'm obviously wrong, let's just agree I am wrong and move on.

If Tony wants me to edit/remove my posts, I will.

But Tony, my comments came from something else that's floated in my mind that's caused what's come out to come out, so I'm really just reflecting on myself. May I please PM you about it? You'll understand why I am PMing you when you read it. And no, it's not a complaint, or speculation, or questions. If you let me PM you, you'll understand. (It's related to what I just quoted above from espy605)[/QUOTE]

Why else would we be running out of keys? Also, yeah man, anyone can PM me at any time assuming my inbox isn't full (which it isn't currently).
Also, no need to edit/delete your posts, there's nothing wrong with them, I'm just trying to help the thread not fall into crap, like I said, you shouldn't read this with a negative tone in your head.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Tolyngee']Today's the last day of the sale, and I keep getting conflicted on whether to buy or not.

I better just Youtube some vids of DS and decide. Youtube's already helped me decide on C&C Collection (no, just not my type of game, otherwise great value), TSW (yes!!!), KoA (yes), TWD (heck yes!), and Dead Rising 2 (but why did I say yes?)

DR2's not anything of what I was expecting.
What a silly game! I can imagine this must somewhat be what SR3 is like...
[/QUOTE]

While I liked Dead Rising 2 and all...

...I don't know if any game is as insane, off-the-wall, wild, immature, crass, ridiculous, hilarious, gut-busting, and as over-the-top as SR: The Third.
SR: The Third is a stroke of gaming insanity genius.

[quote name='Zaraki_Kenpachi']

I'm sort of torn on walking dead, I watched up until a little bit after you meet clementine and it just didn't really seem interesting. Does the story pick up where it's more interesting later on?[/QUOTE]

That's like 3% of the story. And YES, it gets WAAAY more interesting. But, I'm biased because I liked it.

[quote name='espy605']I think you're replacing speculation with more speculation. He already told you, the Bioshock pack on its own has sold well.

And games after a certain lifespan are sold at this level not uncommonly, especially digital games. Look at all the Prince of Persia games on Steam sold for $2.50 each, or recent-gen Tomb Raider games, same thing. They always sell well when they go on deep sales. This is basically the same price BioShock is being sold for, minus rare exceptions.

There is a lot of theorizing in this thread that is asserted as fact, when most of us are just guessing at what's going on. The problem with this it leads to extended discussions that often have a very negative tone to them and they overtake the thread for pages upon pages.[/QUOTE]

QFT, the problem is that it just takes the thread over as people start arguing of stuff that just isn't even remotely close to fact.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='hal']
Nobody checks the OP in any thread ever. But if the info is there we can at least link to it instead of having to come up with the same canned responses over and over when repeat questions arise.[/QUOTE]

Bolded for emphasis. Once the info resides in a static location, Tony (and helpful CAGs) can post links to them in their signature blocks.

What's on sale at Amazon right now?

Got a question? Check here first? (links to the FAQ hosted in Post #3)

[quote name='Syntax Error']
My sole quasi-regret is missing the Ubisoft coupon on Anno 2070 to get it for $15. I'm just sayin' that if the opportunity came around again, I'd probably feel inclined to go for it just because I'd be like "Oooh, a second chance!"

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...[/QUOTE]

Anno 2070 is my personal litmus test for Ubi's claims of "kinder, gentler" DRM. Until the limited-install crap is gone, and TAGES is left to digitally rot on a binary rubbish heap, I won't buy it at any price.

i've only bought 1 bundle to date from amazon (bioshock 1/2, mid 2012). my tendency is to buy single games and play them now or soon. my price range is typically $5-$10. i've passed on most bundles since i had 1 or more games already. also, hoping for new deals tomorrow since i didn't get anything today.

[quote name='espy605']I think you're replacing speculation with more speculation. He already told you, the Bioshock pack on its own has sold well.

[/QUOTE]

Personally, I'm surprised that the Bioshocks haven't dropped to 9.99 normally apiece, considering their age and prevalence in sales. Generally, that's what happens to similar games (as you said, PoP and Tomb Raider). I guess that's just 2k trying to keep their franchises expensive...sort of.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']That's like 3% of the story. And YES, it gets WAAAY more interesting. But, I'm biased because I liked it.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I guess I'll get it if that's the case. I literally know nothing about the game that's why I watched a little bit of the beginning to get a feel for the game and was just underwhelmed but I also realize it's the first 20-30 minutes of the game. Thanks!

Add me to the list who prefers small bundles over big bundles. It's more likely you'll have some games in the bigger bundle just causing an increase in price, enough to cause you not to want to get it. Another thing I'd be interested in buying is some of the older classics if we can get a decent deal on them.

Stuff like the Curse of Monkey Island (was this game ever made available for newer operating systems?), the old King's Quest Collections which I'm pretty sure they redid etc. Would be fun to relive the childhood stuff.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Today's the last day of the sale, and I keep getting conflicted on whether to buy or not.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I play games because they're fun. I have no problem with a challenging game, but when people always talk about the difficulty of DS it just turns me off away from it. At times it just sounds like people are stroking their epeen when they talk about how hard it is, and they're making it sound harder than it actually is. I get that it's viewed as a difficult game, but is it frustratingly difficult in an unnecessary way where it shouldn't be that hard, or is it difficult because of mechanics that are cheap, or is it hard in a way where it's just hard because you are left to figure everything out on your own and end up making mistakes because of it.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Personally, I'm surprised that the Bioshocks haven't dropped to 9.99 normally apiece, considering their age and prevalence in sales. Generally, that's what happens to similar games (as you said, PoP and Tomb Raider). I guess that's just 2k trying to keep their franchises expensive...sort of.[/QUOTE]

Every publisher takes a different approach so who knows. Maybe they still get sales at $20? God knows BioShock Infinite is generating huge buzz.

BTW Tony, I am a big supporter of smaller packs. That would be my preference if we're voting.

[quote name='Mippo']
Stuff like the Curse of Monkey Island (was this game ever made available for newer operating systems?), the old King's Quest Collections which I'm pretty sure they redid etc. Would be fun to relive the childhood stuff.[/QUOTE]

They never redid Curse. I guess the old version was too pretty already. But you can still find boxed copies that will work with ScummVM. And they did rerelease the Kings Quest games in 06 I believe. Of course, they are published by Activision :roll:

EDIT: Btw, changed Profile Pic and Sig, because...Idk, I just didn't like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need
Skyrim @ 9.99(it was selling $9.99 b4) = $4.99
skyrim DawnGuard @ (7.49 = 2.49 after coupon)

or

Oblivion GOTY Deluxe @ (6.24 = 1.24 after coupon)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Why else would we be running out of keys? Also, yeah man, anyone can PM me at any time assuming my inbox isn't full (which it isn't currently).
Also, no need to edit/delete your posts, there's nothing wrong with them, I'm just trying to help the thread not fall into crap, like I said, you shouldn't read this with a negative tone in your head.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Fall into crap? Back to the toilet tycoon humor then? :)

Need

or

Oblivion GOTY Deluxe @ (6.24 = 1.24 after coupon)

Amazon digital does not carry Bethesda games currently.

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']They never redid Curse. I guess the old version was too pretty already. But you can still find boxed copies that will work with ScummVM. And they did rerelease the Kings Quest games in 06 I believe. Of course, they are published by Activision :roll:[/QUOTE]

Wow, 4 new from $74.99...... Collector's items I guess :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
1. Because, in the digital marketplace, we have no inventory, we don't "buy keys" we get keys and make payment upon sale. There is no unhealthy inventory that needs to be liquidated. So there are no Bioshock keys "to dump".

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Always wondered about this, great piece of information!

[quote name='Zaraki_Kenpachi']Hmm, I guess I'll get it if that's the case. I literally know nothing about the game that's why I watched a little bit of the beginning to get a feel for the game and was just underwhelmed but I also realize it's the first 20-30 minutes of the game. Thanks![/QUOTE]

The Walking Dead game picked up GOTY for quite a few places, so yeah, it definitely gets good. IMO, the series really starts picking up in the 2nd Episode. There's a moment the series goes from being a decent point-and-click adventure game, to fuck amazing.

[quote name='Cheapnut']Need

or

Oblivion GOTY Deluxe @ (6.24 = 1.24 after coupon)[/QUOTE]

Lol when was Skyrim $9.99 anywhere? Amazon doesn't even carry Bethesda games. Good luck getting those prices on those. You really are a cheap nut.

[quote name='Dogmeat26']sorry for being a noob but uh what is the coupon? I looked on the main post but didn't see it.[/QUOTE]

Editors choice coupons, there were for buying a game from mid november or december

or

Welcome to the Amazon PCDD thread; I take it your new here.

[quote name='Tsel']Lol when was Skyrim $9.99 anywhere? Amazon doesn't even carry Bethesda games. Good luck getting those prices on those. You really are a cheap nut.[/QUOTE]

Not PCDD, but apparently TRU had it there last year and MS Store had it there on a midnight BF sale.

or

Hate to say something like this... but if you're new to CAG or this thread/Amazon DD's practices please take some time to look it over and search things before you make silly posts. At the very least you might want actually check to see if they carry these games digitally... which they don't.

[quote name='lnknprk']I'm in the same boat. I play games because they're fun. I have no problem with a challenging game, but when people always talk about the difficulty of DS it just turns me off away from it. At times it just sounds like people are stroking their epeen when they talk about how hard it is, and they're making it sound harder than it actually is. I get that it's viewed as a difficult game, but is it frustratingly difficult in an unnecessary way where it shouldn't be that hard, or is it difficult because of mechanics that are cheap, or is it hard in a way where it's just hard because you are left to figure everything out on your own and end up making mistakes because of it.[/QUOTE] it like this ^

i played about 20 hrs so far, had to walk away few times as the game can be frustrating trying take on 2-3 mobs same time till you learn, but i enjoy it an it worth $15 i payed for it on ps3 it a wonderful game too explore just everything is very open ended so easy go were your not suppose too be yet

[quote name='Tolyngee']SR3 keeps getting weirder and weirder the more I learn about it...[/QUOTE]

That game is awesome!

The first time I played it and got to that part, I actually said "are you shitting me?" to myself without realizing the unintended pun. Still makes me chuckle when I think about it. I finished the game not too long ago, maybe two weeks ago and I already want to do another play through because I had so much fun with it. I'm trying to make a dent in my backlog though so I gotta hold off.

or

Would you like some fries with that??
:applause:

[quote name='lnknprk']I'm in the same boat. I play games because they're fun. I have no problem with a challenging game, but when people always talk about the difficulty of DS it just turns me off away from it. At times it just sounds like people are stroking their epeen when they talk about how hard it is, and they're making it sound harder than it actually is. I get that it's viewed as a difficult game, but is it frustratingly difficult in an unnecessary way where it shouldn't be that hard, or is it difficult because of mechanics that are cheap, or is it hard in a way where it's just hard because you are left to figure everything out on your own and end up making mistakes because of it.[/QUOTE]

I know this might come across as snarky, but...

A lot of people tell me that after completing a hard game, they feel... immense pride. They are proud of themselves, and what they've accomplished.

I can't say I've ever experienced that... it's just... a game, no? I do it for some entertainment. I just like the interactive experience of the story.

Then again, you read about people who neglect their own lives for their gaming hobby, so I'm never quite sure that my feet aren't correctly grounded after all.

But, for me:

interactive movie > theatre movie

I'm not proud when I leave a viewing of Saving Private Ryan, why would I be proud when I finish CODMW3?

Then again, the only games I have any kind of passion for are racing games, so maybe it's just not my genre

[quote name='Tsel']Lol when was Skyrim $9.99 anywhere? Amazon doesn't even carry Bethesda games. Good luck getting those prices on those. You really are a cheap nut.[/QUOTE]

TRU blew-out PC games back in early October and had numerous PC retail box games for $10 - including Skyrim PC; Diablo 3; Starcraft 2; Modern Warfare 3; Batman: AC; some of the Sims 3 games/expansions; etc.

EDIT:
[quote name='DonRamon']Would you like some fries with that??
:applause:[/QUOTE]

We need ketchup / catch-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back