Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thegreatest']All I know is that I have it on Steam and every time I sign in it says "Can't connect to Paradise servers". I also thought I read somewhere that EA took down the servers. I know I am typing in my EA username and password because it won't let you play at all if you don't.

EDIT: After doing more research, I guess it is just a problem with the Steam keys given out in the Summer Sale. I'm pretty pissed right now, and I'm not sure I can fix it...[/QUOTE]

Try getting the key out of the "CD Key" thinger in Steam and activate it in Origin.

If it doesn't work, hit up live chat! They've activated more on my origin account for less of a reason. :)

[quote name='lousysmarch']Tony, any chance you'll have Black ops for lower than 19.99$ in the COD sale? It's 19.99 now at gamefly.[/QUOTE]

With the new one out in 2 months I would think it should be dropping to around that price anyway to be honest

[quote name='gilby']What he said. The Saboteur sounds like a really cool concept and I'd love hearing if it is worth grabbing. Mercenaries 2, as well.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I loved The Saboteur. It's one of the few games that I've played through at least 3 times and completely 100%'d it each time. I had a blast with it. It was so satisfying methodically wiping the map clear of sabotage targets. My favorite was killing a Nazi and disguising myself with his uniform, then walking right into a group of them and planting a bomb with no one even caring. I thought the color thing was an interesting idea too. It's not a game with a lot of depth, either character or story-wise, but I still found it to be an enjoyable story. Also, if a lot of swearing (and I mean, A LOT - if this isn't the game I heard the most use of the f-bomb, it's one of the top 3) bothers you, you might want to avoid this one. Also, if you find hundreds of freeplay sabotage targets daunting, you might want to avoid this as well.

[quote name='vince_carter']T Money,

You positive nba2k13 is steam? I'm buying either way but there is still no steam page for it[/QUOTE]
Think the same thing happened last year. The page didn't go up until the game came out.

[quote name='vince_carter']T Money,

You positive nba2k13 is steam? I'm buying either way but there is still no steam page for it[/QUOTE]

My 2K guy confirmed yesterday.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Negative, my pricing system says the match is in place (obviously it is lying). I'll check again.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that it's having problem in pushing the sale price. Is it still going to push thru even though the sale on Steam is over now?

[quote name='thegreatest']
As far as the pack's value, if I hadn't already played all of them (3 of them to death) I would definitely pick it up for $10. Well worth it IMO. Lots of game time in this pack. Hopefully this helps some of you on the edge. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Great rundown.

[quote name='darkling23']Try getting the key out of the "CD Key" thinger in Steam and activate it in Origin.

If it doesn't work, hit up live chat! They've activated more on my origin account for less of a reason. :)[/QUOTE]

I refuse to install Origin again.

[quote name='BernardoOne']So, Tony, how is the situation on the Strategy First bundle? :)[/QUOTE]

Still getting the final composition from SF, apparently my guy was at TGS.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='BernardoOne']So, Tony, how is the situation on the Strategy First bundle? :)[/QUOTE]

In addition to the above, any idea of how much the Strat-First Bundle will cost and how many games it will come with?
I'm definitely buying the Strat-First and 1C bundles, but trying to see if I have enough funds for the EA Pack.

[quote name='TheHeretic']Sorry to hear that it's having problem in pushing the sale price. Is it still going to push thru even though the sale on Steam is over now?[/QUOTE]

Would like to know this as well. I was waiting for it as I wanted to get it from you guys instead. It's not a problem though if this would be cancelled I could wait for the next sale. :D

[quote name='r9800pro']Same here

Played it twice and totally loved it

The version Amazon sells is not Origin redeemable but with a little chat with Origin support, they will register it for you and if you're lucky enough they can even give you another key for the Limited Edition

Saboteur from Amazon does register on Origin though, I did it myself

As for Sleeping Dogs new price, hell, even at full $49.99, it is worth every penny. The game is one of the best games that were released recently. Period[/QUOTE]

Didn't work for me when I bought that bundle months ago. Douchebag customer service dude I chatted with kept telling me to take a picture of the serial key and the box or else he couldn't do anything. He didn't seem to understand the concept of buying an online code.

[quote name='TraBuch']Didn't work for me when I bought that bundle months ago. Douchebag customer service dude I chatted with kept telling me to take a picture of the serial key and the box or else he couldn't do anything. He didn't seem to understand the concept of buying an online code.[/QUOTE]

Bulletstorm or The Saboteur ?

If it is Bulletstorm then yes, you'll need 2-3 tries to make Origin Support register it for you because what Amazon sells is the GFWL key, not Origin key but a screenshot of your Amazon account with the key should be a good idea

Origin chat help has gone really bad lately with all those India reps (no offense intended)

[quote name='TraBuch']Oh, and Tony, any plans for getting the PC version of The Amazing Spider-Man on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

It is already on Amazon :

http://www.amazon.com/Activision-Th...348870778&sr=8-1&keywords=spider-man+download

[quote name='MysterD']Curious - do you guys have any NON-STEAM versions of NBA2K13?[/QUOTE]

I would think so because it's an EA game so most of the time they are

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Unless the bundle is new versions I'm pretty certain you don't need Origin for any of them.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool

[quote name='Corpekata']Why would you guess it's all Origin? The only Origin only stuff other places sell are the very new games. Everything else tends to have the OPTION to activate on Origin, but is not required.

Rule of thumb: If it came out before Origin was even a thing, then you don't need Origin for it.[/QUOTE]

I see, I know these are older games but only recently started on PC. I just had alot of problems with BF3 on Origin so I'd rather not keep using it is all, but its still an interface as opposed to individual installs. and I remember people saying if you buy any EA games outside of Steam they won't be Steam compatible, and I know most of these games are on Steam. Just a bit frustrating, at the end of the day I'd rather have all my games in one place rather than individual installs. Regardless that's just my opinion tho.

Tony - thanks

MysterD - for 2K12 there are two separate downloads, one is just PC Download and the other Steam-DRM, I don't see it on the 2K13 page so I'm guessin' its just Steam right now if Tony says so, or maybe you have the option to install outside of it when you buy. But I have no idae.

So do we have any consensus on which games are able to be registered on Origin and which are not?

From looking at the posts, it appears that right now we know:

Bulletstorm -- yes. Method: screenshot of key on My Games List with Amazon, may require multiple attempts.

Saboteur -- yes? Method ???

Burnout Paradise -- yes. Method ???

Mercenaries 2 -- ????

Mirror's Edge -- yes. Method ???

Could some folks that purchased the bundle or individual games from Amazon in the past help us fill in the blanks? Many thanks.

[quote name='nategator']So do we have any consensus on which games are able to be registered on Origin and which are not?

From looking at the posts, it appears that right now we know:

Bulletstorm -- yes. Method: screenshot of key on My Games List with Amazon, may require multiple attempts.

Saboteur -- yes? Method ???

Burnout Paradise -- yes. Method ???

Mercenaries 2 -- ????

Mirror's Edge -- yes. Method ???

Could some folks that purchased the bundle or individual games from Amazon in the past help us fill in the blanks? Many thanks.[/QUOTE]

EA has a list of games that activate on Origin: https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq

Burnout, Mirror's Edge, and Saboteur all are on that list. That means Bulletstorm [GFWL] and Mercenaries 2 do not activate on Origin [maybe they can be by badgering EA Support].

Found this link: https://help.ea.com/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin
Says to contact EA support to have an agent add Bulletstorm to your account.
*There are a few exceptions where these steps will not work:
The Sims 3 - Your code has to be redeemed on the Sims website https://www.thesims3.com/registeragame.html in order to be "registered" in Origin.
Bulletstorm - Bulletstorm cannot be redeemed in Origin, you will need to contact an agent to have them complete the process.
I would refer agents to that link if they refuse to add Bulletstorm to your account.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']EA has a list of games that activate on Origin: https://help.ea.com/article/origin-code-redemption-faq

Burnout, Mirror's Edge, and Saboteur all are on that list. That means Bulletstorm [GFWL] and Mercenaries 2 do not activate on Origin [maybe they can be by badgering EA Support].

Found this link: https://help.ea.com/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin
Says to contact EA support to have an agent add Bulletstorm to your account.

I would refer agents to that link if they refuse to add Bulletstorm to your account.[/QUOTE]

Great, so here is where we are at on Origin activations:

Bulletstorm -- yes. Method: screenshot of key on My Games List with Amazon, may require multiple attempts. Use this link if your CSR is unaware of manual activation. https://help.ea.com/article/redeem-y...code-in-origin

Saboteur -- yes. Method: input activation code.

Burnout Paradise -- yes. Method: input activation code

Mercenaries 2 -- ????

Mirror's Edge -- yes. Method: input activation code.

Could some folks that purchased the bundle or individual games from Amazon in the past help us figure out what's the deal with Mercenaries 2? Thanks!

[quote name='InsertUserNameHere']Regarding Burnout Paradise, I was able to login and play online. (Freeburn online). When it asks you to enter your login, you need to enter your EA account name (Which may be different from your email) It's the name on the top right in the Origin client. You can also join matches against other online people.

So it looks like you can still play Burnout on-line.

Also, to get to the on-line menu, you hit [ESC] and then F1 or F2 function key to get to the menu.
Hope that helps anyone.[/QUOTE]

This, I posted a fairly long review on this game on the EA sale page, nobody has responded to it yet. I have it on origin and the online aspect of it works.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Still getting the final composition from SF, apparently my guy was at TGS.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update, even if it wasn't directed at my couple of questions on it.

[quote name='DWulf']Also, if a lot of swearing (and I mean, A LOT - if this isn't the game I heard the most use of the f-bomb, it's one of the top 3) bothers you, you might want to avoid this one. [/QUOTE]

I think someone did the numbers and Mafia 2 holds the record.

[quote name='dfg']I think someone did the numbers and Mafia 2 holds the record.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? Has anyone EVER played Kane & Lynch? (The first one.)

i bought this ea pack back during the summer sale and activated all those games to origin. Bulletstorm was the only one I had to contact support for and when they asked me for a picture of the box I just told them that I bought the game on amazon and sent a link to the pack with it, the next time I logged into my origin library, bulletstorm was there.

Speaking of f-bombs
I am actually playing through Call of Juarez: The Cartel on xbox right now (yeah it's a pretty bad game - not as bad as I thought it would be.. but pretty bad) and it's at least got to be in the top 5 when it comes to fbombs.
My GF came in laughing and said, "What the F#@K are you F#@King playing in here you F#@King F#@K?!"

I pretty much have a mouth like a longshoreman and even I think it's excessive.

retail store don't like too compete for selling a game since digital can be cheaper they want force people into store too increase their profit

[quote name='mnemnoch']Tony,

Regarding Nba 2k13, why is it the release of the digital version is Oct. 16 while the physical disk is Oct. 2?[/QUOTE]

I'd rather wait and not get a buggy POS like last year. They raaarely patch the PC version.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
image.php
[/QUOTE]

Lmaaao

mnemnoch - I was wonderin' the same thing, lil' strange. No point in pre-ordering anyways and this is just more incentive not to, I'll wait 'til it goes down to $10, I heard 2K12-PC did in a matter of a month last year. Tho I have no idea first hand.

I'll probably still bite on the damn EA pack, if only for Mirror's Edge.

New Deals are:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack - $9.99
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Digital Collection - $9.99
PopCap Bundle - $7.49 (PvZ will be free in October to everyone pretty much)

EA bundle is good, I own all but 1 though so not too appealing to me. I wish gifting was available as I'd like to snag Mercenaries 2 from someone who doesn't want it. =/ Oh well.

Battlefield bundle is okay, but again I own those as well.

PopCap Bundle I wouldn't even consider a bundle... 2 games in it (Bejewled 3 and Plants vs. Zombies), but Plants vs. Zombies will be free for Halloween, so really it's just Bejewled. Unimpressed with that bundle, but the others are just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Severose']New Deals are:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack - TBA
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Digital Collection - TBA
PopCap Bundle - TBA

EA bundle is good, I own them all though so not appealing to me.

PopCap Bundle I wouldn't even consider a bundle... 2 games in it (Bejewled 3 and Plants vs. Zombies), but Plants vs. Zombies will be free for Halloween, so really it's just Bejewled. Unimpressed with that bundle, but the others are just fine.[/QUOTE]
It's a bit depressing when you buy a bundle for one price, and a month or two later it sells for $3-5 cheaper...

Basically, should we all just wait for the second round of every bundle? This has happened to me twice now within a very short amount of time, both on this EA Burning pack, and the Paradox packs. -_-

[quote name='Severose']New Deals are:

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack - TBA
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Digital Collection - $9.99
PopCap Bundle - $7.49 (PvZ will be free in October to everyone pretty much)

EA bundle is good, I own all but 1 though so not too appealing to me. I wish gifting was available as I'd like to snag Mercenaries 2 from someone who doesn't want it. =/ Oh well.

PopCap Bundle I wouldn't even consider a bundle... 2 games in it (Bejewled 3 and Plants vs. Zombies), but Plants vs. Zombies will be free for Halloween, so really it's just Bejewled. Unimpressed with that bundle, but the others are just fine.[/QUOTE]

The EA Pack is $9.99, same with the BFBC2 bundle.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10006082&postcount=306

Looking for The Saboteur and Mirrors Edge for $2 each, if anyone doesn't need/want them.

Note: I feel like I'm always piggybacking Fox's posts when bundles are for sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back