Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Syntax Error']So is this one of those deals where I should start with Prototype (1) for the full, rich story or is it one of those deals where I might as well start with P2 because it's better in every respect?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played 2 yet but 1 was really fun so I don't see a reason to skip it.

I'm actually tempted to play through 1 again first before I try 2 but I don't remember it being a story heavy game, just loads of fun to play.

[quote name='Syntax Error']So is this one of those deals where I should start with Prototype (1) for the full, rich story or is it one of those deals where I might as well start with P2 because it's better in every respect?[/QUOTE]
I say play 1 first if it doesn't give you any trouble running as it's a good game. But If it gives you trouble or you don't feel like playing through it, their is a small story recap option in prototype 2. It's not exactly detailed but should give you enough of an idea of what happened in the first game.

[quote name='Greyghost']So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.[/QUOTE]

I wish you luck

About a third way through Prototype 2 and I have to say Prototype 2 had a much better story. Heller is one of the most retarded characters in memory...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'][quote name='Greyghost']So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Yeah, I'll pass. In fact, and I know I will get flamed all to hell on this but oh well, I think I'll pass on Amazon DD as a whole and stick with other stores where I don't have to follow a forum thread religiously to figure out what deals are going on when or end up having the deal of the week be more expensive than it was a couple of days prior.[/QUOTE]

http://www.hardwarevantage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Steam-Summer-Sale-Flash-Sales.jpg

http://www.impulsedriven.com/mailers/img/600x200/fs_deadisland.jpg

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I missed this. Tony, you're the greatest. :applause:

Prototype is not a game you play for the story, if that's what you're asking. I think the first game holds up fine, but you aren't going to be missing any great story or deep lore by skipping it.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Good points, and apparently it isn't clear enough, but there is a big slot in the middle of the page when the Gamespot show is going on detailing the fact that the sale is only good for 2 hours. Unfortunately, that's really the only slot to communicate this info...and it is above the fold.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I think the issue is with that 2 hour window and in general with flash sales. A while back you had indicated that you were against these types of sales because they ended up annoying some of your customers. I'm wondering if this is a test or a sign of things to come.

I realize these sales are popular with some but personally I don't care for them as they generally result in a bunch of 'haha I got the great deal' type of posts and that can turn some off staring at a higher price right after the flash sale; granted the 'higher price' can still be amazing, still it can FEEL like you're not getting a good deal.

on another note, got the sun screen all ready and handy for the 'face melting' sale...

[quote name='CheapThomas']I think the issue is with that 2 hour window and in general with flash sales. A while back you had indicated that you were against these types of sales because they ended up annoying some of your customers. I'm wondering if this is a test or a sign of things to come.

I realize these sales are popular with some but personally I don't care for them as they generally result in a bunch of 'haha I got the great deal' type of posts and that can turn some off staring at a higher price right after the flash sale; granted the 'higher price' can still be amazing, still it can FEEL like you're not getting a good deal.

on another note, got the sun screen all ready and handy for the 'face melting' sale...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hear you. We avoided flash deals for a while but this opportunity with Gamespot provided too many opportunities just not do it. For example, it is now much easier for me to get bundles like what we're running now and next week approved for a 2 hour "test" and then move forward with a deal of the week shortly after.

In the end the tradeoff between the reticence behind flash deals and the opportunity to bring the customer better deals is slanted towards bringing you guys the best price.

I hope that helps explain, if it doesn't let me know and I'll give it another go.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I hear you. We avoided flash deals for a while but this opportunity with Gamespot provided too many opportunities just not do it. For example, it is now much easier for me to get bundles like what we're running now and next week approved for a 2 hour "test" and then move forward with a deal of the week shortly after.

In the end the tradeoff between the reticence behind flash deals and the opportunity to bring the customer better deals is slanted towards bringing you guys the best price.

I hope that helps explain, if it doesn't let me know and I'll give it another go.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna need you to explain all of that again but I want you to draw it out into 10 paragraphs instead of 2. I'm also going to need you to explain the psychology behind it all.

I'll give you until tomorrow to turn it in.

Edit: GIVE ME A HINT OF WHAT YOU HAVE PLANNED FOR BLACK FRIDAY UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[quote name='LazyTriangle']its the deal of the week so until Saturday night[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

I was afraid it was going to end abruptly like how the $7.49 deal did. Got other priorities to attend to first before I can pick up this game.

I don't know why people get so frustrated after missing a deal like this? I know, if you like the game it sucks, but nobody is forcing you to buy it, it's just a great oportunity to buy some cheap games, it's not something that the seller have to give us all the time, it's a plus that you're lucky enough to get.

It's depressing how people think this is Tony's duty, if he wants to sell games no lower than $100 he can do it, of course we would not buy them but it's not forcing anyone.

[quote name='Estbarul']
It's depressing how people think this is Tony's duty, if he wants to sell games no lower than $100 he can do it, of course we would not buy them but it's not forcing anyone.[/QUOTE]

it's feedback to the vendor that you like about a service you enjoy using.;) granted, some could use a bit of tact and lack the fine art of having an adult conversation, but in general Tony has been very open about what folks like and don't like about the service and I think that's one of the main reasons many of us will choose to stick with the service for a long time; you can't compete on price alone forever.

anyhow, I'm guessing Tony can filter out the occasional noise and rant.

[quote name='MysterD']Just played for a little over an hour w/ Prototype 2, according to Steam and Raptr.

I'm running Prototype 2 here on my PC:
i7 950; 1 GB of GF GTX 560 Ti; 8 GB RAM; Win 7 64-bit.

[/QUOTE]

Your PC stats are almost EXACTLY the same as mine... :D The only difference is I have 6GB of triple channel RAM.

I have the first Prototype for Xbox, I'd be buying it primarily for Prototype 2 - is the sequel much of an improvement over the original?

[quote name='jrutz']Your PC stats are almost EXACTLY the same as mine... The only difference is I have 6GB of triple channel RAM.

I have the first Prototype for Xbox, I'd be buying it primarily for Prototype 2 - is the sequel much of an improvement over the original?[/QUOTE]

The sequel is pretty good. The PC version has memory leak issues, which are noticeable even w/ my 6950 ATI gfx card, my i2500k processor, and my 8gb DDR3 RAM. Note about storyline:
You do not play Alex Mercer, and the storyline makes Alex Mercer a much darker person than the original, which I wasn't very happy with.
Aside from that, it's slightly better than the original in most areas. The storyline is quite interesting and has some nice twists, much of the powers are similar but usually slightly better. You can assign one power to left click and one person to right click, which is quite nice.

For 10 bucks, it's definitely worth it. Though do note that even though I've been doing most of the side missions, I have just over 9 hours of gameplay and my saved game shows that I'm about 65% done (with the storyline).

[quote name='TimeBomb']Note about storyline:
You do not play Alex Mercer, and the storyline makes Alex Mercer a much darker person than the original, which I wasn't very happy with.
[/QUOTE]

Well the alex mercer you played *never* was a person. He finds out he is the virus before the end of the first game. So its a year later and he comes to term with the fact he is the virus so he *it* reproduces "himself".

Complaining about it makes you sound like you would hate Parasite Eve as well.

[quote name='HornyPony']About a third way through Prototype 2 and I have to say Prototype 2 had a much better story. Heller is one of the most retarded characters in memory...[/QUOTE]

Woah are you telling me " I got... viral.... sonar." is not the single greatest line in gaming history?

[quote name='HornyPony']About a third way through Prototype 2 and I have to say Prototype 2 had a much better story. Heller is one of the most retarded characters in memory...[/QUOTE]

Woah are you telling me " I got... viral.... sonar." is not the single greatest line in gaming history?

[quote name='TimeBomb']The sequel is pretty good. The PC version has memory leak issues, which are noticeable even w/ my 6950 ATI gfx card, my i2500k processor, and my 8gb DDR3 RAM. Note about storyline:
Aside from that, it's slightly better than the original in most areas. The storyline is quite interesting and has some nice twists, much of the powers are similar but usually slightly better. You can assign one power to left click and one person to right click, which is quite nice.

For 10 bucks, it's definitely worth it. Though do note that even though I've been doing most of the side missions, I have just over 9 hours of gameplay and my saved game shows that I'm about 65% done (with the storyline).[/QUOTE]

I remember reading a fix for this. I can't find it anymore, anyone know of it? I'm having the same memory leak issues.

If it helps

i5 3570k
Radeon 7750
8 gig ram
windows 7 home premium

Boggles my mind how people can complain over $2.50, that's less than 30 minutes of work at minimum wage. Hell, you could probably dress in some raggedy ass clothes and make that much money begging on the streets for an hour.

Whatever happened to that THQ bundle? Was mentioned nearly 20 pages back, and skimming through I didn't see it get brought up again. Was it a flash deal, or still incoming?

[quote name='mkernan']The $7.49 deal was part of an online deals show, in partnership between Gamespot and Amazon, which only lasts for two hours on Friday afternoons. We are fortunate enough that Tony shares the info with us here in advance.

Besides, the price difference is only $2.50... sheesh.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but the price of it being $7.50 compared to $10 is the difference of a purchase for me.

I've passed up quite a lot of $10 games I would have bought if it was $6-8 instead.

[quote name='Gvaz']I'm sorry but the price of it being $7.50 compared to $10 is the difference of a purchase for me.

I've passed up quite a lot of $10 games I would have bought if it was $6-8 instead.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree here. As far as Steam sales go, I pass up on $5 games quite often, but $2.50 is almost a guaranteed buy.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Tony I know you know say on the physical side of the games and I know you guys don't offer Bethesda games as DD but if you could pull any kinda of strings to get Skyrim for like $20-$25 for the PC, I appreciate it.....I need it Tony....I need it to live!
[/QUOTE]
You should've been watching the TRU PC Games Blowout thread a month ago or so, when Retail versions of Skyrim PC; MW3 PC; Diablo III; StarCraft 2; and other major PC titles were $10 each...

I've been telling Tony for a long time I'd love to see him get Zenimax here (BethSoft, Id Software & Arkane Studios), but....who knows if Amazon DVG and Zenimax will ever come to some sort of agreement....

[quote name='jrutz']Your PC stats are almost EXACTLY the same as mine... :D The only difference is I have 6GB of triple channel RAM.

I have the first Prototype for Xbox, I'd be buying it primarily for Prototype 2 - is the sequel much of an improvement over the original?[/QUOTE]

If you liked Prototype 1, you'll like Prototype 2. The story is presented better and seems more put-together, as its really building on top of what the first already one had.

It seems like there's always something to do in Prototype 2. Walk a little bit - boom, there's something around the corner - whether it's a side quest; an Ops enemy to battle (for extra unlocks); or some kind of collectible.

Seems to be more going on in this game.

[quote name='MysterD']You should've been watching the TRU PC Games Blowout thread a month ago or so, when Retail versions of Skyrim PC; MW3 PC; Diablo III; StarCraft 2; and other major PC titles were $10 each...

I've been telling Tony for a long time I'd love to see him get Zenimax here (BethSoft, Id Software & Arkane Studios), but....who knows if Amazon DVG and Zenimax will ever come to some sort of agreement....[/QUOTE]

I tried but my local TRU was out of stock and said they didn't think they were even going to get Skyrim back in.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']I tried but my local TRU was out of stock and said they didn't think they were even going to get Skyrim back in.[/QUOTE]

Man, that bites...
:(

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah I hear you. We avoided flash deals for a while but this opportunity with Gamespot provided too many opportunities just not do it. For example, it is now much easier for me to get bundles like what we're running now and next week approved for a 2 hour "test" and then move forward with a deal of the week shortly after.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The nice thing about Amazon flash sales is that its for 2 hours...where gamestop does a 500 copies sale....Im glad you let us know ahead of time what it will be....not necessarily the price but you give us hints

[quote name='roztworek']prototype 1 is badly ported too. cant even get it to run at higher res then 1280x720 :([/QUOTE]
hmm, runs at 1920x1080 flawlessly for me.

[quote name='Greyghost_the_Douche']So wait, Prototype @ $9.99 is this week's DotW? Basically the Deal of the Week is something that was cheaper a few days ago?

Wow, good riddance.... you seem like a douche anyway. You're really bitching about 2.50?

[quote name='Gvaz']I'm sorry but the price of it being $7.50 compared to $10 is the difference of a purchase for me.

I've passed up quite a lot of $10 games I would have bought if it was $6-8 instead.[/QUOTE]

Which tells me that you and everyone else echoing those thoughts are the kind of people that buy games for the sake of them being on sale rather than actually wanting the game.

If you actually wanted the game you would spend the 10 dollars. A 3% price difference wouldn't sway anyone with interest in a game. It's 3%. I'd be willing to bet you guys have hundreds of unplayed games sitting on your computer and around your house.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Which tells me that you and everyone else echoing those thoughts are the kind of people that buy games for the sake of them being on sale rather than actually wanting the game.

If you actually wanted the game you would spend the 10 dollars. A 3% price difference wouldn't sway anyone with interest in a game. It's 3%. I'd be willing to bet you guys have hundreds of unplayed games sitting on your computer and around your house.[/QUOTE]

in fairness, its a 33% increase over the flash sale price.

[quote name='MysterD']Man, that bites...
:([/QUOTE]

Yeah it sucked, I really want Skyrim, I wouldn't mind actually paying full price but I did that on the 360 version when it first came out.

[quote name='paz9x']in fairness, its a 33% increase over the flash sale price.[/QUOTE]

Math skills as strong as the logic ones.

If your purchasing calculus includes backlog placement (mine does), then being unwilling to spend an "extra" $2.50 on the deal is entirely justifiable, especially since these games will inevitably have future discounts, maybe as soon as the next Steam sale event.

If you plan to play them immediately, $10 is a great price.

Also, the troll is right; Steam is the devil incarnate.

Well at least one good thing came of him being here.

While trying to check, for myself, if he was actually banned, I discovered a nice feature that works with searching for users: if you somehow remember a portion of a user's name, but not their full username, you can use an underscore as a placeholder.

For instance, to search for me, you could use (Used spaces for clarity): "_ _ _ e r o s e". Not something I'd really use, but the nerdy CS major in me found it quite cool. :cool:

[quote name='sunasun']
To the guy who got banned apparently because I can't quote him. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Who are you trying to quote? Everyone's quote button is showing up for me.

So I just ran Prototype 2 on my laptop and it played fine. I use integrated graphics, so I guess it is really hit or miss. How do you guys keep track of Frames Per Second? I'm sure mine are pretty slow but it's fine for me since I'm not much of a graphics person.

[quote name='sunasun']Tony, can we have a deal for 92% off this?

Freaking Legendary
[/QUOTE]

I'd rather ask for this @ 92% off:
256px-Max_Payne_3_Cover.jpg

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So I just ran Prototype 2 on my laptop and it played fine. I use integrated graphics, so I guess it is really hit or miss. How do you guys keep track of Frames Per Second? I'm sure mine are pretty slow but it's fine for me since I'm not much of a graphics person.[/QUOTE]

Run a freeware program like FRAPS in the background.
It'll overlay on most games.

[quote name='Severose']If only people were serialized... Then we could get rid of him forever. ;)[/QUOTE]

People ARE serialized. We just don't have to input our deoxyribonucleic acid-based serial numbers when signing up at CAG. [quote name='SelmaBlair']I'm gonna need you to explain all of that again but I want you to draw it out into 10 paragraphs instead of 2. I'm also going to need you to explain the psychology behind it all.

I'll give you until tomorrow to turn it in.

[/QUOTE]

Hello Tony, whats happening? Ummm, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here around 9 that would be great, mmmk... oh oh! and I almost forgot ahh, I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday too, kay. [quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Whatever happened to that THQ bundle? Was mentioned nearly 20 pages back, and skimming through I didn't see it get brought up again. Was it a flash deal, or still incoming?[/QUOTE]

Still incoming. Dates still unknown.

This is Cheap Ass Gamer, and people are being criticized for being cheap asses? Maybe that guy had a bad attitude, you can criticize him for that, but wanting to save $2.50 is a place we've all been.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']This is Cheap Ass Gamer, and people are being criticized for being cheap asses?[/QUOTE]
No, he was criticized for being whiny. Saying "Darn, I missed it" is something we can all relate to. Saying "I missed it and you're all stupid-heads and I'll never shop with you AGAIN!" is cause for someone to laugh at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back