Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='M_F_A_H']Tony, no need to reply to this but I just have to say that you killed it with those Paradox deals. Good looks![/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, just a heads up to avoid confusion. When you activate the key from the Paradox Seas Bundle for the Pirates of Black Cove: Origins DLC, it will list on the receipt as well as in your transaction history as "Commander COTA Pirate of Black Cove DLC". that might mis-lead some people to think it's the 2nd piece of DLC for Commander: Conquest of America (Pirate Treasure Chest), but it's just a weird coincidence. everything in that bundle comes with separate keys so it's weird that bit of DLC is listed as an amalgamation of the 2 games. I also second M_F_A_H on his opinion of these sales.

Screen_Hunter_2.jpg

Couldn't help but grab the FFXI deal... I now have two $9.99 credits for Stronghold Kingdoms and two for Runescape. >_<

@metalkidz: What do you mean? I just bought something 40 minutes ago and got another $5 credit. It's my third one (bought Two Worlds EE, Total War Rome: Gold, and FFXI: AE).

[quote name='Idiotekque']Couldn't help but grab the FFXI deal... I now have two $9.99 credits for Stronghold Kingdoms and two for Runescape. >_<

@metalkidz: What do you mean? I just bought something 40 minutes ago and got another $5 credit. It's my third one (bought Two Worlds EE, Total War Rome: Gold, and FFXI: AE).[/QUOTE]

Exactly, i just get 1 promo code for Stronghold Kingdoms and Runecape whatever their names are ( wth, i hate all online and F2P games out there) and no 5$ coupon for 1/2013 sale

/ps: just get this code, its email stick with 2 online games 's email; this is what i want :); thx Amazon and Tony; keep buying and checkout ..........

[quote name='metalkidz']Exactly, i just get 1 promo code for Stronghold Kingdoms and Runecape whatever their names are ( wth, i hate all online and F2P games out there) and no 5$ coupon for 1/2013 sale

/ps: just get this code, its email stick with 2 online games 's email; this is what i want :); thx Amazon and Tony; keep buying and checkout ..........[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure I follow everything you are saying, but I just purchased a few games and received emails that the promotional credit was automatically added to my account for use in 1/2013. I can then check the balance of these credits here (click "Check Your Balance")

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Just as a counterpoint, I have an i5 3570k and 560Ti and it runs just fine - so it may not just be the game.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by,"runs fine"? Solid 60 fps no dips? What resolution are you running the game at? Any certain settings?

[quote name='jsunjones']Not quite sure I follow everything you are saying, but I just purchased a few games and received emails that the promotional credit was automatically added to my account for use in 1/2013. I can then check the balance of these credits here (click "Check Your Balance")[/QUOTE]

Well, for some of us the credit doesn't show up there yet. Tony said it would start showing on January 1st. Also, I haven't gotten any Stronghold credit emails, not that I want them, but the system seems a bit buggy.

[quote name='jsunjones']Not quite sure I follow everything you are saying, but I just purchased a few games and received emails that the promotional credit was automatically added to my account for use in 1/2013. I can then check the balance of these credits here (click "Check Your Balance")[/QUOTE]

hmm..this is weird, my promo is showing weird numbers, like 59.94....and i bought more than 20+ games/invoice from amazon during nov
something is terribly wrong here ..... :whistle2:k

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, for some of us the credit doesn't show up there yet. Tony said it would start showing on January 1st. Also, I haven't gotten any Stronghold credit emails, not that I want them, but the system seems a bit buggy.[/QUOTE]

Yea I've seen compaints about it not being accurate, mine shows an oddball number as well.

I guess my main point was that you "should" receive an email and the credit is automatically added to your account. Last year you had an actual number in the email you had to use. Which on one hand was a hassle, but on the other hand it allowed you to share it with others. I wasn't sure metalkidz was aware of that.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Here's a hidden Gem, Rome Total War Gold for 99 cents.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00405RA04

I know it's part of the SEGA TW Bundle, but I thought some may want to know it's on a stand alone sale by itself.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MadSaint']hmm..this is weird, my promo is showing weird numbers, like 59.94....and i bought more than 20+ games/invoice from amazon during nov
something is terribly wrong here ..... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
at least it's not negative :bouncy:

Yea my balance is showing $15.00 and I'm fairly certain I've purchased 10-20 games and am planning to purchase more. I hope this get straightened out... These $5 promo codes were probably my highlight of the first few months of last year in gaming. Lots of amazing deals for awesome prices (most of the time even without the promo code.)
I hope the experience isn't sullied for us this year because of problems with automatically adding the codes this year opposed to emailing the promo codes directly.
(Also trading and giving away the promo codes was also lots of fun considering you can't really gift games on Amazon >

For those who bought Need For Speed Most Wanted.

It is a crap shoot if it will run well on your PC or not. Some people with lower end rigs don't get problems others do, some with high end rigs get lots of issues, others don't.

One thing that does help to improve performance and doesn't take away visually really is lower the polygon count I think that is what it was called, geometry or something like that.

Hmm, I've got $79.92 credit in software and video games, now I'm going to try to figure out how I can divide 5 into 80 and lost 8 cent. But seriously people, he said it would get straightened out.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Hmm, I've got $79.92 credit in software and video games, now I'm going to try to figure out how I can divide 5 into 80 and lost 8 cent. But seriously people, he said it would get straightened out.[/QUOTE]

And he's a man of his word. Sorry wasn't trying to stir the pot, just attempting to be helpful :)

bit on the Bioware pack~ not a crazy good deal- but I'm excited nonetheless. For $15, that is some good pedigree and I've only played DA:O out of the 4... playing that game on a PC (instead of PS3) with the expansion pack + mods will feel like a brand new game.

Thanks!

[quote name='unknown0']Where is everyone seeing their promo code amounts? Can't find it on Amazon.[/QUOTE]:)

[quote name='unknown0']Where is everyone seeing their promo code amounts? Can't find it on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

From that link

[quote name='Mikocouch']What do you mean by,"runs fine"? Solid 60 fps no dips? What resolution are you running the game at? Any certain settings?[/QUOTE]

Fair enough - I run at 1920x1080 and I'm pretty sure I left the default settings as they were. I'll have to run it with Fraps to check the FPS but it seemed pretty smooth - no obvious slowdowns.

Strange. It says I have $20 in MP3, streaming video, and game download credit. Assuming that's all coming from these $5 promotional credits (They work in streaming video and MP3s too?) I guess that's counting my $7.50 Prototype pack from November 9th and a piece of Warlock DLC on October 14th, 'cause those and a piece of Serious Sam DLC and the Paradox war chest both in November are the last 4 things I bought from Amazon.

Unfortunately from what I see on the editor's choice list I'm not sure there's anything I'm gonna grab with 'em, unless they DO work on MP3s as well inexplicably. Unless there's an editor's choice of MP3 options. Then I'm probably boned.

[quote name='dorimi']Fear Bundle: $8.99 contains (all Steam):

but the same items u can buy now on Steam as gifts for the same price... 75% off atm.[/QUOTE]

And it would cost more to buy them on Steam versus the bundle... so?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, for some of us the credit doesn't show up there yet. Tony said it would start showing on January 1st. Also, I haven't gotten any Stronghold credit emails, not that I want them, but the system seems a bit buggy.[/QUOTE]

I'm in this boat. Zeroes in all categories. But I'm not worried about it, because (A) the credits aren't actually valid for another 38 days, and (2) Amazon is better than most at the whole customer-service thing.

They'll get it straightened out. And if there are issues, I'll have e-mails (that each contain a unique order number) to use as references when talking to CS.

My only concern is that Bethesda comes to its senses in time to ink a digital-download deal with Amazon, so that Tony can swing a 75% Skyrim-and-DLC sale in January. :cool:

Man that promo thing on Amazon makes no sense to me. It lists videogame credit and MP3 credit as the exact same number, and says I have like $65 in video credit. I'd love to actually use any of these but considering I don't have a clue why they are there I'd probably be burned. Maybe I should just call them.

I've bought 3 games and it says I have $40 digital game credit and $40 "streaming video" credit. Okie dokie.

And as for someone who said the Bioware pack isn't a great deal... lol. Dragon Age Origins Ultimate alone is over $100 worth of content (base game + tons of DLC). Then you have Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect with one DLC, and Mass Effect 2 with the Cerberus Network DLC. All of these are great games, and while I'd argue that Dragon Age Origins Ultimate is worth $15 alone (absolutely amazing game), even each game for $5 is a great price, and for $15 total, you're getting each for around $3.75. That's ridiculous.

I got DAO:U and DA2 for $10 on Amazon, and Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Origin during their free game thing (accidentally made two accounts through my two Xbox Live accounts), but if I didn't, I'd jump on the deal. That's four amazing games for a ridiculously low price.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I've bought 3 games and it says I have $40 digital game credit and $40 "streaming video" credit. Okie dokie.

And as for someone who said the Bioware pack isn't a great deal... lol. Dragon Age Origins Ultimate alone is over $100 worth of content (base game + tons of DLC). Then you have Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect with one DLC, and Mass Effect 2 with the Cerberus Network DLC. All of these are great games, and while I'd argue that Dragon Age Origins Ultimate is worth $15 alone (absolutely amazing game), even each game for $5 is a great price, and for $15 total, you're getting each for around $3.75. That's ridiculous.

I got DAO:U and DA2 for $10 on Amazon, and Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Origin during their free game thing (accidentally made two accounts through my two Xbox Live accounts), but if I didn't, I'd jump on the deal. That's four amazing games for a ridiculously low price.[/QUOTE]

/agree

[quote name='Mooby']And it would cost more to buy them on Steam versus the bundle... so?[/QUOTE]

the price after tax is 9.79, only a bit cheaper than steam i guess

Ended up getting Most Wanted on the PC since I had an additional $5 off from purchasing NFS The Run for $5 a month ago. Hopefully it'll run as well as NFS The Run did for me.

[quote name='Mooby']How about this one?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

Just noticed you all carry Steam versions of Silverfall and its expansion. Any chance we can get a price match of the bundle Steam is offering during their Autumn sale? Or just drop them to like $2 each?

http://www.amazon.com/Focus-Home-Interactive-Silverfall-Online/dp/B009H649XM/
http://www.amazon.com/Silverfall-Earth-Awakening-Online-Game/dp/B009H649W8/

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/879/[/QUOTE]

I second this. Have it set for buying on the 27th from Steam but I'd prefer Amazon. Like Mooby said, $2 each is ok (bundle is $3.74 from Steam)

[quote name='Garbanzo']I second this. Have it set for buying on the 27th from Steam but I'd prefer Amazon. Like Mooby said, $2 each is ok (bundle is $3.74 from Steam)[/QUOTE]

For those who are interested in Silverfall (base game) & Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion)...
If you plan to play Silverfall (original) - MAKE SURE you buy BOTH & install BOTH of them together into the same folder.

Read this post from AshesKitty - who compiled some of my posts in quotes together w/ my thoughts on Silverfall + Earth Awakening all into one post.

Make sure you read the first post Ash quoted of mine, which is tagged w/ SPOILERS. It's a long-winded post (that's why it had spoiler tags attached to it - it takes up a bit of space) about the tons of UI, camera, and performance improvements Silverfall (original) will also have, ONLY if you actually ALSO install Earth Awakening (into the same folder).
Earth Awakening is MORE than just an expansion w/ new content & new campaign that continues the story - it is ALSO a BIG patch that overhauls the entire game & its engine in EVERY single way.

[quote name='MysterD']For those who are interested in Silverfall (base game) & Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion)...
If you plan to play Silverfall (original) - MAKE SURE you buy BOTH & install BOTH of them together into the same folder.

Read this post from AshesKitty - who compiled some of my posts in quotes together w/ my thoughts on Silverfall + Earth Awakening all into one post.

Make sure you read the first post Ash quoted of mine, which is tagged w/ SPOILERS. It's a long-winded post (that's why it had spoiler tags attached to it - it takes up a bit of space) about the tons of UI, camera, and performance improvements Silverfall (original) will also have, ONLY if you actually ALSO install Earth Awakening (into the same folder).
Earth Awakening is MORE than just an expansion w/ new content & new campaign that continues the story - it is ALSO a BIG patch that overhauls the entire game & its engine in EVERY single way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot for the info MysterD :D

[quote name='PDJ']Oh dang...forgot to get Dark Souls yesterday. Meh[/QUOTE]
Get it for around $17 delivered instead, all boxed up with the artbook, soundtrack CD and making-of DVD. :) You can even redeem the code on Steam if you want! :bouncy:

[quote name='Mooby']How about this one?[/QUOTE]

Hey man,

We don't have any plans for a Focus sale in the near future. Sorry for the delayed response.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='PDJ']Oh dang...forgot to get Dark Souls yesterday. Meh[/QUOTE]

It will be on sale again on Cyber Monday I believe for the same price. Just wait a couple more days and pick it up.

[quote name='ckendal']It will be on sale again on Cyber Monday I believe for the same price. Just wait a couple more days and pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Not through us :(.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Hey, a Spec Ops sale will be possible in the near future? :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, we have some plans around Spec Ops in December :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

Just noticed you all carry Steam versions of Silverfall and its expansion. Any chance we can get a price match of the bundle Steam is offering during their Autumn sale? Or just drop them to like $2 each?

http://www.amazon.com/Focus-Home-Int...dp/B009H649XM/
http://www.amazon.com/Silverfall-Ear...dp/B009H649W8/

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/879/[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for these to go on sale. Thanks for the heads up. And thanks MysterD for the tip on installation.

Too bad Amazon isn't price matching - their promo credit incentives are nice.

[quote name='Vigilant']I've been waiting for these to go on sale. Thanks for the heads up. And thanks MysterD for the tip on installation.

Too bad Amazon isn't price matching - their promo credit incentives are nice.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize this was a PM, sorry was tired last night.

I'll wake the hamsters up right now, our pricing should be in place in a bit.

[quote name='oscargrouch']So, since Tony can't edit the OP, and i am confused, what is on sale today exactly?

Sorry Tony, gonna have to give Steam $4.99 for Hotline Miami[/QUOTE]

Me too :(.

Also, the Fear Pack ($9) and the Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack (both Crysis Max games for $14) are the new challengers today.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Vigilant']I've been waiting for these to go on sale. Thanks for the heads up. And thanks MysterD for the tip on installation.

Too bad Amazon isn't price matching - their promo credit incentives are nice.[/QUOTE]

I have UK imports of Silverfall + Earth Awakening in a Retail Box (Gogamer, RIP!).
When I put the disc in for Earth Awakening, it actually first automatically searched for Silverfall (to see if it's already installed on my HDD); noticed it; and then installed it right into the folder itself.

Hopefully, other versions (like the Steam version) do the same and are just as painless. :D
I'd guess, given the nature of Steam - it's probably just as painless or even more painless, if you have both base game + expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back