Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oscargrouch']So, since Tony can't edit the OP, and i am confused, what is on sale today exactly?

Sorry Tony, gonna have to give Steam $4.99 for Hotline Miami[/QUOTE]

Hotline Miami its on the editors choice, so you can get it on January for 5$ off in amazon!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Didn't realize this was a PM, sorry was tired last night.

I'll wake the hamsters up right now, our pricing should be in place in a bit.

Me to :(.

Also, the Fear Pack ($9) and the Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack (both Crysis Max games for $14) are the new challengers today.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks for price matching the Silverfall games. I'll pick them up along with the Fear pack today. January should be fun with all the credits you guys are handing out!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Yes, we have some plans around Spec Ops in December :).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
I'd highly recommend everybody play Spec Ops: The Line, once Tony's sale in Dec comes.
The SP has the best story and character analysis currently in a modern military shooter in some recent years.

EDIT:
[quote name='BernardoOne']Hotline Miami its on the editors choice, so you can get it on January for 5$ off in amazon![/QUOTE]
Hotline Miami...
My favorite indie of 2012, so far.
One of my favorites for 2012 overall, as well.
That soundtrack is bloody AMAZING.

[quote name='oscargrouch']So, since Tony can't edit the OP, and i am confused, what is on sale today exactly?

Sorry Tony, gonna have to give Steam $4.99 for Hotline Miami[/QUOTE]

Hotine Miami should be 4.99 or less in January with the promo credit on Amazon.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Hotline Miami its on the editors choice, so you can get it on January for 5$ off in amazon![/QUOTE]

slightly off topic but were the link that show editors choice saw it mention randomly few times but never saw original post

Tony, I know you're only working with what you've got. Please pass this feedback along to whatever engineers are responsible for the construction of the digital space in which you work:

The sale pages are a hot mess.

- All the wordy stuff at the top of the page. It's so difficult to find the link you want hidden in a conversational format. Works well for news and stories... not so much for a store page.
- It's Saturday. I'm looking at Black Friday deals and BF Bundles. Still active? Dunno. Confusing? Yes.
- All the sale items are in thumbnail format, arranged in an invisible grid, sitting atop more tiny text. I search for stuff on that site (that I know is there) and sometimes I still miss it.
- I cannot sort by price, discount, or even alphabetically.
- It's impossible to tell when new things have been added; or at least it's hidden so well that I can't find out how...

I feel like I've maybe missed out on a deal or two. Your excellent attempts to guide us through the sale here are in conflict with the madness that is presented on the site. I can't imagine what gets missed by people who are not so fortunate as to have access to your summaries.

Thanks for listening and keep fighting the good fight!

It always amazes me how one of the world's largest online retailers can still have such a user-hostile interface for the digital game sales. You'd think they'd be pioneers in making it easy on me to find what I want, what's on sale, what has the deepest discounts, etc. Instead it looks like someone just dumped a toy chest on the floor and wants me to paw through it looking for that one action figure I'm sure is in there.

NOO!! I missed the NFS:MW deal .. thats ok though, I have way too many games to play, but I've been looking forward to the next Burnout game ....

Thanks for the Deals Tony, gonna pick up a few more before the sales over. (I'll set an Alarm for Kingdom of Amalur this time.)

[quote name='equalsP']NOO!! I missed the NFS:MW deal[/QUOTE]
I think it will be back on Monday. I assume the $5 off coupon from Need for Speed Run will still work as well for a final price of $15.

[quote name='Syntax Error']It always amazes me how one of the world's largest online retailers can still have such a user-hostile interface for the digital game sales. [/QUOTE]
There's certainly something odd going on over there. I keep looking in their "Digital Games And Software" and discovering that Amazon have stopped doing boxed digital games altogether... wait, no they haven't! They've only put the download games in the Digital Games And Software category, and have the boxed digital games in a separate category with... movies and music, obviously.

And then the search bar says "Digital Game Downloads"... as opposed to what? What other kinds of game can one download? Ooh, time to get another box of Jenga. Hmmm... don't want to wait for delivery. I know, I'll use Amazon's new Analog Game Downloads! And then I'll go and spend $50 on a sex prostitute! :bouncy:

Get an English-speaker to sort out your categories, please, Tony! "Digital" is not a synonym for "download"!

Or, y'know, you could ignore me completely because it's not really important and just keep providing great deals. That would also work for me. :bow:

[quote name='Syntax Error']It always amazes me how one of the world's largest online retailers can still have such a user-hostile interface for the digital game sales. You'd think they'd be pioneers in making it easy on me to find what I want, what's on sale, what has the deepest discounts, etc. Instead it looks like someone just dumped a toy chest on the floor and wants me to paw through it looking for that one action figure I'm sure is in there.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's like the movie bin at Walmart. You have to hunt for the gems, I gave up on this sale in the first half hour.

[quote name='cutter2']Wow, the Ubisoft flash deals every day are fantastic. Man, I wish Amazon would match those.

Assassin's Creed Revelations Gold will be $8 tomorrow if people vote for it as the deal.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see Beyond G&E for that price on Steam

[quote name='MysterD']I have UK imports of Silverfall + Earth Awakening in a Retail Box (Gogamer, RIP!).
When I put the disc in for Earth Awakening, it actually first automatically searched for Silverfall (to see if it's already installed on my HDD); noticed it; and then installed it right into the folder itself.

Hopefully, other versions (like the Steam version) do the same and are just as painless. :D
I'd guess, given the nature of Steam - it's probably just as painless or even more painless, if you have both base game + expansion.[/QUOTE]

I bought the Silverfall package from Steam. Thanks for the tips! Can anyone confirm that the Steam install, provided you buy the whole package, installs everything in one folder? I have about 1GB free space so I can't answer the question for myself.

Agreed. Amazon downloads is really not user-friendly. Steam's store navigation is pretty bad too but Amazon is worse, especially when there are hundreds of titles on sale.

I think GamersGate and GOG do their store catalogues pretty well, allowing you to filter the lists based on prices, game features, release dates, etc. (See http://www.gamersgate.com/offers)

Even if Amazon could add a sort option (by title, price, rating, date added/modified, discount %, etc.) it would make browsing a heck of a lot easier.

[quote name='dark2025']Even if Amazon could add a sort option (by title, price, rating, date added/modified, discount %, etc.) it would make browsing a heck of a lot easier.[/QUOTE]

THIS That's what I want, to browse digital downloads as any other store department.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Didn't realize this was a PM, sorry was tired last night.

I'll wake the hamsters up right now, our pricing should be in place in a bit.
[/QUOTE]

PM is in place now but without having a bundle of both games Steam still has Amazon beat on Silverfall because they have a bundle of both games for $3.74

[quote name='rman']I agree, it's like the movie bin at Walmart. You have to hunt for the gems, I gave up on this sale in the first half hour.[/QUOTE]

Or like the clearance rack at Ross. I agree. I hate digging through Amazon's site. I usually don't bother and just lurk and see if anyone links any good deals. The site is awful to navigate for digital games.

[quote name='Eddy898']PM is in place now but without having a bundle of both games Steam still has Amazon beat on Silverfall because they have a bundle of both games for $3.74
[/QUOTE]

that's what I'm going to pick up - usually like to buy steam games through amazon but I'm not seeing too many editor choice titles I'd be picking up with the two additional coupons from amazon.

can someone who's got the silverfall combo from steam verify the installation goes in a single place please?

all this buying and we still have Tony's Christmas sale ahead...

Edit: according to this post http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2678744 the two games now apparently download and install as one in the same location.

[quote name='MysterD']I have UK imports of Silverfall + Earth Awakening in a Retail Box (Gogamer, RIP!).
When I put the disc in for Earth Awakening, it actually first automatically searched for Silverfall (to see if it's already installed on my HDD); noticed it; and then installed it right into the folder itself.

Hopefully, other versions (like the Steam version) do the same and are just as painless. :D
I'd guess, given the nature of Steam - it's probably just as painless or even more painless, if you have both base game + expansion.[/QUOTE]

Awesome infor MysterD, Steam makes it so easy a console peasant could do it. ^_~ I tend to spoiler out relevant but longer information to cut down the size of my post quotes but still have the information easily available.

[quote name='PenguinJim']spend $50 on a sex prostitute! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
The term is sex workers now. The term prostitute is a pejorative. :bouncy: still applies.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']I bought the Silverfall package from Steam. Thanks for the tips! Can anyone confirm that the Steam install, provided you buy the whole package, installs everything in one folder? I have about 1GB free space so I can't answer the question for myself.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapThomas']can someone who's got the silverfall combo from steam verify the installation goes in a single place please?
all this buying and we still have Tony's Christmas sale ahead...

Edit: according to this post http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2678744 the two games now apparently download and install as one in the same location
.[/QUOTE]

Silverfall complete from Steam is 10GB of download and 21GB of disk space. The expansion is only 250MB of download. It all installs into steamapps/common/silverfall/

Adding myself to the chorus of frustration with Amazon's Digital Games storefront. Prices and deals are awesome, but it's enough of a headache to discourage casual browsing (i.e. impulse purchases).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey man,

We don't have any plans for a Focus sale in the near future. Sorry for the delayed response.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

No problem, sir. I know you're busy. Thanks for price matching the Silverfall stuff, though!

It'll be hard, but guess I'll wait until January to get Hotline Miami from Amazon. I'll be playing all the other games I've already purchased from amazon this past week :)

While I agree with the suggestions, I will say that if you choose the categories on the left side of the screen (Action, Adventure, etc.) you can then sort by price and see what the cheaper sale items are. You might miss some of if you don't browse the "Casual" section since some games are categorized there.

I don't mind browsing the main sale link since it's only 11-16 pages of things to look at, though other stuff is on sale and not included on the link.

Finally, I still find Amazon's storefront light years better than Steam. I hate Steam's store client. Their website is a little better, but I never use Steam to browse casually for games. Too annoying/slow etc.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Ok I'm gonna hold off giving Steam $5 for Hotline Miami. I can wait until January.....

But it is hard![/QUOTE]

Waiting doesn't seem practical unless you:
1) Prefer to spend Amazon credit
2) Have a lot of $5 coupons
3) See no other Editor's Choice game you want

For me it is costing $5 AND one of my coupons for waiting for Hotline in January. There is a chance it will be on sale for $7.50 adding an additional $2.50 in savings but still using one of my coupons. I went ahead and bought the steam version so as to save the coupon for another game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']While I agree with the suggestions, I will say that if you choose the categories on the left side of the screen (Action, Adventure, etc.) you can then sort by price and see what the cheaper sale items are. You might miss some of if you don't browse the "Casual" section since some games are categorized there.

I don't mind browsing the main sale link since it's only 11-16 pages of things to look at, though other stuff is on sale and not included on the link.

Finally, I still find Amazon's storefront light years better than Steam. I hate Steam's store client. Their website is a little better, but I never use Steam to browse casually for games. Too annoying/slow etc.[/QUOTE]
I'm having a hard time seeing how you think Amazon's store is better than Steam's. Okay, maybe the speed issue (it's usually fine for me though), but Amazon's store is essentially featureless. You just get a dump of all the items and that's it. It's pretty much up to you to sort through them one by one to see what interests you.

Yes, there are categories but that's not much of a feature. As much as I agree the way Steam's store works isn't good, at least they have sorting and advanced search options that allow you to filter based on price, publisher/developer, language, and game features like multi-player or single player or controller support.

Amazon has none of that. You might be okay with browsing through 16 pages looking at each one to see if any interests you, but that's still a lot of work for most people. When you have 80+% sales the goal is to get impulse purchases, but I'm betting Amazon is losing a lot of potential sales because people don't even know there are heavily discounted games that they might have otherwise purchased buried deep inside one of those 16 pages.

Even if you've got the time to go through the entire list it's still very possible you would have overlooked something. Allowing people to at least sort the list would be extremely helpful. I've not seen one other store without the ability to sort their catalogue in some way, it's really kind of ridiculous that a huge store like Amazon doesn't even have that basic function.

Edit: Actually I guess Steam doesn't really have sorting for games on sale either. I thought they had that option. But even then their main store has a lot more features than Amazon's (the ability to filter items), so I still don't see how Steam's is worse (again, I don't think it's good either, but I still think it's better than Amazon's).

[quote name='dark2025']I'm having a hard time seeing how you think Amazon's store is better than Steam's. Okay, maybe the speed issue (it's usually fine for me though), but Amazon's store is essentially featureless. You just get a dump of all the items and that's it. It's pretty much up to you to sort through them one by one to see what interests you.

Yes, there are categories but that's not much of a feature. As much as I agree the way Steam's store works isn't good, at least they have sorting and advanced search options that allow you to filter based on price, publisher/developer, language, and game features like multi-player or single player or controller support.

Amazon has none of that. You might be okay with browsing through 16 pages looking at each one to see if any interests you, but that's still a lot of work for most people. When you have 80+% sales the goal is to get impulse purchases, but I'm betting Amazon is losing a lot of potential sales because people don't even know there are heavily discounted games that they might have otherwise purchased buried deep inside one of those 16 pages.

Even if you've got the time to go through the entire list it's still very possible you would have overlooked something. Allowing people to at least sort the list would be extremely helpful. I've not seen one other store without the ability to sort their catalogue in some way, it's really kind of ridiculous that a huge store like Amazon doesn't even have that basic function.[/QUOTE]

For one, Steam's store is completely unusable to me in the client. I can't tab anything so I literally have to open one game, go back, repeat. Completely annoying. I never use their in client store period.

Online, their store is a little better, but I shouldn't have to resort to the secondary version of their store to get the best version.

Even online, their categories are lacking and they are the equivalent to Amazon. Choose a Category (Action, Adventure, etc.) sort by price. Amazon has those same features. Steam doesn't even bother to have a "Games on Sale" link. You have to browse everything or search to see if the game you want is on sale.

So I don't really see how anyone can say Steam is better. They are on par or worse than Amazon to me.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Even online, their categories are lacking and they are the equivalent to Amazon. Choose a Category (Action, Adventure, etc.) sort by price. Amazon has those same features. Steam doesn't even bother to have a "Games on Sale" link. You have to browse everything or search to see if the game you want is on sale.
[/QUOTE]
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?genre=Action&category1=998
Check out their advanced search options - it's still much better than Amazon's main Digital Downloads store. You can at least filter out demos, DLCs, limit your search based on prices, publishers, developers, or only look up games with multi-player or only games with achievements, etc. It's a lot more featured than Amazon's, which just has a sort function in their main store.

I didn't mean to ignite a debate about which storefront is better. I just find it difficult, personally, to use Amazon's Digital VD sale pages. Someone mentioned it's like upending a toybox and that's precisely it. It's super-hard to know when something new goes on sale and the dates are all over the place - witness the half dozen people every few pages that are upset they missed a sale item.

I'm not trying to pile on. My first post was just to try to give some feedback on the site. I've said enough, I think.

[quote name='Isaccard']Is there a link to the list of games that will be on the editors choice I can see?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's right at the top of the sale page... which just proves my point.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1430019542&pf_rd_i=1000716161

Likewise, I'm just speaking for myself. If others find it easy or good enough, that's cool. Personally, I wouldn't have bought half the stuff I have or shared half the deals I have on other forums except for Tony's work here. Left to my own devices to find the deals on Amazon DVG, I would have missed most of the stuff.

Tony,

Again, thanks for the PM on Silverfall. Question re: Editor's Choice stuff. With Saints Row 3 base game being on the list does that mean the Complete Package you sell would also be eligible for the promo codes in January or will the codes only be good on the base game?

Also also, agreeing with Yurtle the Turtle above: the Amazon site is really clunky. Were it not for you posting here I'd miss out on most of the sales.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']For one, Steam's store is completely unusable to me in the client. I can't tab anything so I literally have to open one game, go back, repeat. Completely annoying. I never use their in client store period.

Online, their store is a little better, but I shouldn't have to resort to the secondary version of their store to get the best version.

Even online, their categories are lacking and they are the equivalent to Amazon. Choose a Category (Action, Adventure, etc.) sort by price. Amazon has those same features. Steam doesn't even bother to have a "Games on Sale" link. You have to browse everything or search to see if the game you want is on sale.

So I don't really see how anyone can say Steam is better. They are on par or worse than Amazon to me.[/QUOTE]
You're dinging Steam's store for having to use the web version, when the web version is the only option for Amazon. On top of what you mentioned, Steam's store also lets you search by OS, content type, dev, pub, etc....

Steam also has a button that shows only games on discount every time of the year except during sales, because during sales nearly everything is on sale, so it would be pointless. Look I'm not saying the Steam store is the best solution and couldn't be improved, but I can't understand your argument here.

[quote name='dark2025']http://store.steampowered.com/search/?genre=Action&category1=998
Check out their advanced search options - it's still much better than Amazon's main Digital Downloads store. You can at least filter out demos, DLCs, limit your search based on prices, publishers, developers, or only look up games with multi-player or only games with achievements, etc. It's a lot more featured than Amazon's, which just has a sort function in their main store.[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing though, if on Amazon you click by category (Action, Adventure, etc) you have the following options:
Release Date
Operating System
Brand (Publisher)
Amazon Customer Rating
ESRB
Price
% of Discount

That is more than enough for me. I don't really use the multi player, achievement, etc.

And in both cases (Steam and Amazon) you have to first choose a category before being able to sort.

So I just don't see the "much better" argument.

[quote name='hal']I didn't mean to ignite a debate about which storefront is better. I just find it difficult, personally, to use Amazon's Digital VD sale pages. Someone mentioned it's like upending a toybox and that's precisely it. It's super-hard to know when something new goes on sale and the dates are all over the place - witness the half dozen people every few pages that are upset they missed a sale item.

I'm not trying to pile on. My first post was just to try to give some feedback on the site. I've said enough, I think.

Yeah, it's right at the top of the sale page... which just proves my point.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1430019542&pf_rd_i=1000716161[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to make this a retailer vs. retailer thing, but I just noticed a string of posts about "OMG how can amazon have such a horrible interface, etc." I agree Amazon's interface could use vast improvement, I was just pointing out that the king of digital distribution also has a lot lacking in their storefront, we just don't have anywhere to sound off about it.

[quote name='Genocidal']You're dinging Steam's store for having to use the web version, when the web version is the only option for Amazon. On top of what you mentioned, Steam's store also lets you search by OS, content type, dev, pub, etc....

Steam also has a button that shows only games on discount every time of the year except during sales, because during sales nearly everything is on sale, so it would be pointless. Look I'm not saying the Steam store is the best solution and couldn't be improved, but I can't understand your argument here.[/QUOTE]

I don't want an Amazon client. My point is if your client is supposed to be your main interface for consumers, it should be the best way for consumers to buy your product, and for Steam that is not the case.

Anyway, I've said all I need to say about this. It's hard enough to sort through the deals without having to read stuff like this, so the issue is dead on my side.

I completely love Amazon and their paradox packs :D

Btw, tony, any plans on putting the Sword of Islam dlc for Crusader Kings 2? I asked for a price match when Steam had it as a weekend deal but never got a reply :c

Just got the Majesty Bundle and I did not receive a Majesty Gold HD key. Is it included with the Majesty 2 Collection key that is given with the pack, is mine missing or has Amazon run out of keys to give?

[quote name='Genocidal']Tony mentioned they're bundled as one due something with the HD upgrade of the original Majesty.[/QUOTE]

Well if that is the case, then I will need to contact Steam support to revoke my current Majesty 2 license that I bought some years ago since it won't let me redeem the key just for the DLC.

I also just found this on a previous page of this thread.

[quote name='mephistox3120']That's what I suspected, thanks. Time to contact Tony![/QUOTE]

I bought the Pint Sized bundle though. Sorry, brain flatulence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back