Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JostVice']Anyone with previous knowledge of the january sale, the games won't be on sale there, no? They will be their regular price, and over that you apply the $5 coupon? :)[/QUOTE]

Usually there's a mixture on sale there. You can apply the $5 to anything sale or not.

[quote name='JostVice']Anyone with previous knowledge of the january sale, the games won't be on sale there, no? They will be their regular price, and over that you apply the $5 coupon? :)[/QUOTE]
Last year they went on sort of rotating sales throughout the month. So one week, Assassin's Creed and Shogun 2 were on sale, the next week it was Civ V and something else, etc. I burned myself a little by using all my coupons in Week #1 just to see a few titles I bought go cheaper later on.

No guarantees that they'll run it the same this time.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Last year they went on sort of rotating sales throughout the month. So one week, Assassin's Creed and Shogun 2 were on sale, the next week it was Civ V and something else, etc. I burned myself a little by using all my coupons in Week #1 just to see a few titles I bought go cheaper later on.

No guarantees that they'll run it the same this time.[/QUOTE]

O ya!, There was Civ 5 and Civ 4 that were on sale and part of the list! I knew I should have bought those games then. Good catch

[quote name='fgq']Can anyone tell me which DLCs are missing from the Civ V GOTY + GoK?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, the only thing missing besides Gods and Kings is the Civilization V: Korea and Ancient World Combo Pack. You can buy each separately as well on Amazon and Steam.

Is the Lego Harry Potter/Batman bundle not a good deal? No one is really talking/boasting about it.

I am considering buying it, but I am not sure if it's a good deal.

Dagnabbit, I bought XCOM on Thanksgiving/Black Friday 'cuz I didn't think they'd drop it any lower so soon.

Any chance I can get the difference reimbursed?

[quote name='Xiemos']Is the Lego Harry Potter/Batman bundle not a good deal? No one is really talking/boasting about it.

I am considering buying it, but I am not sure if it's a good deal.[/QUOTE]

This pack was available a week or two ago, which may explain why nobody's talking about it now. Lots of folks (myself included) jumped on it as soon as it was available.

If you're a fan of the LEGO games in general, and you like the source material, it's a great deal. My wife is a big HP fan, and I'm your standard-issue comic-book-loving nerd, so the purchase was a no-brainer.

[quote name='Xiemos']Is the Lego Harry Potter/Batman bundle not a good deal? No one is really talking/boasting about it.

I am considering buying it, but I am not sure if it's a good deal.[/QUOTE]

the harry batman pack its a great deal especially since you get steam keys for all three games, the reason no one is talking about it, its because it has been on sale before and a lot of people including me bought it

[quote name='Mac the Geek']This pack was available a week or two ago, which may explain why nobody's talking about it now. Lots of folks (myself included) jumped on it as soon as it was available.

If you're a fan of the LEGO games in general, and you like the source material, it's a great deal. My wife is a big HP fan, and I'm your standard-issue comic-book-loving nerd, so the purchase was a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that explains it. Thank you for your thoughts.

[quote name='Microshock']Anyone bought Most Wanted? I am in desperate need of people with microphones to play it with.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up the game. Haven't tried online yet, but threw you a friend request -- at the very least it'd be good to have more people on my Autolog :)

Anyone else who wants to add me, I'm gen0cidal on Origin.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']Holy poop, that is a good price.... can I resist???[/QUOTE]

Even for that price this is not a good deal at all, 007 Legends is an awful PC port.

$25 XCOM?

TONY... WHY?!!? I just bought it 4 days ago on Steam.

:(

Luckily I have already sunk 7 hours into. This **** is HARD! Everyone, BUY IT NOW!

[quote name='EvilInside']Give me one opinion please!!

Bioshock PACK or Batman AA Goty??[/QUOTE]

Bioshock and Batman AA are the same caliber of game. BS2, notsamuch. It's not bad by any means, but not the same life force.

I'd vote Batman cause Batman is awesome, but that doesn't discredit Bioshock at all.

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

I see Amazon has discounted Warlock 75% off; any chance we can get the same discount on its DLC:

http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Return-Download/dp/B009ETPKFS/
http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Powerful-Online/dp/B007ZU5GWA/
http://www.amazon.com/Warlock-Master-Arcane-Serpent-Download/dp/B009CCXYSM/ -- Note the page is incorrect for this, it's displaying the base game and its description not the DLC and its description (which is $3 as opposed to the $20 the base game is)[/QUOTE]

bioshock combo is almost always part of any big Tony sale so why not buy AA and then use the coupon to pick up bioshock possibly real cheap come Jan.

I picked up the combo cause I've passed it over like 10 times this year and just wanted to have one less thing to be embarrassed about not having played.

just be warned that AA has windows live and I had to re-image my entire PC to get it to work - granted it was prob. time for a re-install but that's the only way I could get live to work nice with the game. I'll take a cup of securom and cookies (bioshock) any day over games for windows live.

To make it just a little tougher for you, I vote for Batman AA, wholeheartedly. To me it's maybe even a little better game top to bottom than Batman: Arkham City, which is excellent as well. Both of them have a level of polish I consider rare in modern video games and a ridiculously high fun factor, as well as great graphics (AA a little more muted than AC but great nonetheless, especially with a PhysX capable video card).

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Your steam account will be ok....I think the problem you might have is getting the game to run with Games for Windows Live.....which is why it might be restricted from your region[/QUOTE]

Actually, with the nasty recent changes to the SSA, I would contact steam support first, in the 15 days you will have to wait for an answer, not kidding btw, contact Amazon support and inquiry about how much time you have for a possible refund, if there is any.

At any rate, contact steam support first, since the EU law put them in line about consumer rights, they have been very touchy about regional issues.

[quote name='DonRamon']Tony any hopes for prices matches on Alan Wake? I'd rather put my money on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Only game Amazon carries out of those 3 is Alan Wake, which I'm sure Tony will PM.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']This PM begging is getting out of hand. At least check to see if the game is carried by Amazon first.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I'm cheap, am I in the right place?? Seems so.

PS
Edited the original message so you can sleep tonight, too bad it's already been quoted.

I saw that Dark Souls was returning today in the OP a few days ago so I didn't buy it (to see if it would get exceeded on steam). It wasn't even on sale on steam. And now the sale here I read about isn't happening. Was that a typo? :(

BioShock. Batman is equally good... but your other option is a pack! Yes, BioShock 2 isn't as good as the first, but it's a boatload more content and it's a fine FPS in its own right.

[quote name='CheapThomas']bioshock combo is almost always part of any big Tony sale so why not buy AA and then use the coupon to pick up bioshock possibly real cheap come Jan.
I picked up the combo cause I've passed it over like 10 times this year and just wanted to have one less thing to be embarrassed about not having played.

just be warned that AA has windows live and I had to re-image my entire PC to get it to work - granted it was prob. time for a re-install but that's the only way I could get live to work nice with the game. I'll take a cup of securom and cookies (bioshock) any day over games for windows live.
[/QUOTE]

While Tony has usually has the BioShock pack with his larger sales, this is the first time it has hit $5 (before was $7.50). Batman:AA has hit $5 regularly for at least two years. That said I haven't played BS1/2, but I can wholeheartedly recommend Batman:AA.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']This PM begging is getting out of hand. At least check to see if the game is carried by Amazon first.[/QUOTE]
/agree I'm sure we'd see a lot fewer pricematch requests if the $5 in Jan promo wasn't running (especially on the small stuff, $0.50 DLC, $2 games). Thing is, some of the people begging don't follow the thread and haven't seen Tony noting that they're not going to bother with sub-$0.50 pricematches. I really commend Tony's work and responses regarding pricematch requests.

[quote name='Das_Regal']I saw that Dark Souls was returning today in the OP a few days ago so I didn't buy it (to see if it would get exceeded on steam). It wasn't even on sale on steam. And now the sale here I read about isn't happening. Was that a typo? :([/QUOTE]

DS:ptD $15 on 11/23 & 11/26

[quote name='jrodri86']Even for that price this is not a good deal at all, 007 Legends is an awful PC port.[/QUOTE]

But... but... It's James Bond... *sniff*

[quote name='Das_Regal']I saw that Dark Souls was returning today in the OP a few days ago so I didn't buy it (to see if it would get exceeded on steam). It wasn't even on sale on steam. And now the sale here I read about isn't happening. Was that a typo? :([/QUOTE]

I think so - the dates for Dark Souls and Inversion were getting mixed up in the post, and Tony was having problems editing it.

[quote name='asheskitty']While Tony has usually has the BioShock pack with his larger sales, this is the first time it has hit $5 (before was $7.50). Batman:AA has hit $5 regularly for at least two years. That said I haven't played BS1/2, but I can wholeheartedly recommend Batman:AA.

/agree I'm sure we'd see a lot fewer pricematch requests if the $5 in Jan promo wasn't running (especially on the small stuff, $0.50 DLC, $2 games). Thing is, some of the people begging don't follow the thread and haven't seen Tony noting that they're not going to bother with sub-$0.50 pricematches. I really commend Tony's work and responses regarding pricematch requests.

DS:ptD $15 on 11/23 & 11/26[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I think so - the dates for Dark Souls and Inversion were getting mixed up in the post, and Tony was having problems editing it.[/QUOTE]

Negative on Dark Souls again today. Not sure what you saw in the OP but the only date I could ever see was 11/23 for Dark Souls.

Sorry about the mixup! Hopefully you snag it the next time it goes on sale, it was definitely one of our better selling games this promotional period.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='clonesniper666']Has anyone ever played Fort Zombie?

Looks pretty coll but I am trying to save money. So any input is appreciated[/QUOTE]

As a huge fan of everything zombie related I would have to say pass on it.

I wanted to like the game. The premise is interesting enough. You are dropped into a town, need to find shelter, and then need to survive. Problem is mainly the horrible camera. It's bad out in the open, but when you get into a building it makes the game nearly unplayable and frustrating. And you can't control it at all, just move your character trying to get the camera to readjust. Makes the combat extremely difficult.

If the camera was better it might be decent, but I haven't been able to play it too long due to that.

Look at these 1-Star and 2-Star reviews for the KoA Bundle, I'm genuinely suprised:

A good game with an interesting story, BUT the pack is not at all complete and REQUIRES Origin. The keys do not work on Steam.,
^^And this guy is a "Top 500 Reviewer"
Origin required - keys will NOT work on Steam

Seriously. How do people not understand 1) The Origin version and STEAM version differ in publisher and 2) IT SAYS ORIGIN REQUIRED ON THE STOREPAGE. Sheesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back