Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Elmacanon']Does XCOM have a steam key?[/QUOTE]
XCOM: Enemy Unknown requires Steam no matter where you buy it. So, yes, you get a Steam key when you buy the game from Amazon.

hi tony,

saw the PM for alan wake.
just want to check if you would do the franchise pack like steam?

if not i will probably get it off from steam.... thanks

[quote name='clonesniper666']Has anyone ever played Fort Zombie?

Looks pretty coll but I am trying to save money. So any input is appreciated[/QUOTE]

I beat it about 2 weeks ago and I enjoyed it, but it's definitely not for everyone.

CONS (first, because they are probably deal breakers for most people)

LOOOOOONG load times before missions. I don't have the most optimized system (it's one of the HP laptops with AMD cards/graphics, but more powerful b/c of the blu-ray drive), but I have no problems running recent stuff (e.g., Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur) and everytime I go on a mission I have to sit there for 2-3 minutes watching the loading screen. It may be my system, but the graphics aren't that incredible, I think it has to build a new neighborhood each time, with tons of objects.

Weird collision physics - I actually bought it last January and played it for a week or two. Then, after getting shot and killed by a zombie inside a building (somehow able to poke its gun through the wall), I got frustrated and stopped playing until September. If you are used to polished FPS/3rd person games, you'll probably be frustrated. Which leads to:

Weird camera - It's hard to describe, but you can change your view to almost first person to relatively far back third person. The camera jumps around quite a bit, sometimes at really unfortunate times.

Not a whole lot of variety in the missions/scenery - 3 basic kinds, rescue someone, get guns/ammo, get supplies/food

Pros:

There's a decent amount of customization, in the sense that you and the people you find have skills that increase with use, so you can be a pistol expert while someone watches your back with a shotgun. The weapons feel different, i.e., the pistol is very inaccurate at far range, the shotgun shoots a spread.

Good balance of supplies/guns/ammo surplus vs. scarcity - While you don't have to hoard every last bullet, you don't want to waste anything.

There's not much of a story, but you do have a limited amount of time to finish the game and I think it's paced pretty well.

Neutral:
It's not a shooter - everyone has stats and if you have low stats in something, you will fail. If you have low pistol stats, even if your aim is dead on, you will miss frequently. This can be very annoying when you're hacking away with a samurai sword and keep missing, but that's the nature of the game.

The bottom line is: if you are put off by unpolished games, then don't pick this up. However, if you're looking for a cheap rpgish zombie shooter, this is worth a look.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^And this guy is a "Top 500 Reviewer"[/QUOTE]

Strictly speaking, that just means that 499 reviewers on Amazon have had the "helpful" button next to their reviews hit more times this year.

I see the link is still available, but can you get a backup copy of Witcher 2 on GOG still or did that expire? I haven't even played Witcher 1, but Witcher 2 is tempting.

[quote name='MadSaint']hi tony,

saw the PM for alan wake.
just want to check if you would do the franchise pack like steam?

if not i will probably get it off from steam.... thanks[/QUOTE]

I would love the Alan Wake Franchise too!

Tony,

Any word on if you'll lower Warlock DLC to 75% off to match Amazon's sale price percentage on the base game? I noticed a couple other people aside from myself expressed interest in it.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']This PM begging is getting out of hand. At least check to see if the game is carried by Amazon first.[/QUOTE]

So what's a better use of this thread's real estate? Pithy detractions of people who ask for price matches? Main focus of this thread is for Tony to generate sales for Amazon. Price matching generates sales.

[quote name='asheskitty']
/agree I'm sure we'd see a lot fewer pricematch requests if the $5 in Jan promo wasn't running (especially on the small stuff, $0.50 DLC, $2 games). Thing is, some of the people begging don't follow the thread and haven't seen Tony noting that they're not going to bother with sub-$0.50 pricematches. I really commend Tony's work and responses regarding pricematch requests.
[/QUOTE]

See above. Purpose of this thread is for Tony to generate sales for Amazon. Surprise, those promo codes generate sales! And I'll have you know the Warlock DLC would be $0.75 not $0.50!

I'd buy the Warlock DLCs that I didn't have if it was matched...Can't hurt to get more codes for next year. :)

Of course, I've never touched Warlock yet and I have yet to click any of my other codes for this game.

I am almost finished with Fantasy Wars though.

I found this Disney Kids and Family Pack for $9.99 over the weekend. I don't think any of them register on Steam, but at this price I could live with it.

1. Cars 2
  2. Disney Universe
  3. G-Force
  4. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
  5. Pirates of the Caribbean at World's End
  6. Toy Story 3

Thoughts? I remember reading Toy Story 3 was actually quite good, as well as G-Force and LEGO Pirates. I'm not sure about the others.

Tony I have reports that Amazon is charging tax on them for digital downloads. Even if they live in New York. Is this a bug or a new system? Because they said it wasn't like this before or they didn't notice it.

[quote name='rasvelen']Tony I have reports that Amazon is charging tax on them for digital downloads. Even if they live in New York. Is this a bug or a new system? Because they said it wasn't like this before or they didn't notice it.[/QUOTE]

It's the new law. And it blows.

[quote name='rasvelen']Tony I have reports that Amazon is charging tax on them for digital downloads. Even if they live in New York. Is this a bug or a new system? Because they said it wasn't like this before or they didn't notice it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has to charge tax in NY because they aren't getting rid of their affiliate program here. Their affiliate program gives them a 'physical location' in NY which means they need to tax.

I don't like it, but Amazon usually has great prices so the extra bit of tax isn't a huge deal.

no tax in California for digital games yet - and we're being taxed on the rest of the Amazon stuff.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I found this Disney Kids and Family Pack for $9.99 over the weekend. I don't think any of them register on Steam, but at this price I could live with it.

1. Cars 2
  2. Disney Universe
  3. G-Force
  6. Toy Story 3

Thoughts? I remember reading Toy Story 3 was actually quite good, as well as G-Force and LEGO Pirates. I'm not sure about the others.[/QUOTE]

A couple of us got this last time. Great value and I've also heard good things about the Disney Universe game (compare to Little Big Planet) and the Cars 2 game.

I also heard similarly good things about Lego Pirates, G-Force, and Toy Story 3.

I think the Disney association might put off some people, they make pretty good platformer type games some times.

I'm being taxed in Philadelphia since last month. It's been annoying the hell out of me, so I'm choosing between what store is either taxing me or does/doesn't have the game to begin with.

I'm curious to see how tax is applied to the $5 vouchers in Jan. If a game is $7 I wonder if I will be taxed on the full $7 even with the discount or just taxed on the $2 I'm paying in cash.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']A couple of us got this last time. Great value and I've also heard good things about the Disney Universe game (compare to Little Big Planet) and the Cars 2 game.

I also heard similarly good things about Lego Pirates, G-Force, and Toy Story 3.

I think the Disney association might put off some people, they make pretty good platformer type games some times.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Unless a license is really off-putting I generally don't mind as long as a game is good (loved a couple of the Harry Potter GBA games by Griptonite years ago, and I'm just a casual fan).

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I found this Disney Kids and Family Pack for $9.99 over the weekend. I don't think any of them register on Steam, but at this price I could live with it.

1. Cars 2
  2. Disney Universe
  3. G-Force
  6. Toy Story 3

Thoughts? I remember reading Toy Story 3 was actually quite good, as well as G-Force and LEGO Pirates. I'm not sure about the others.[/QUOTE]

$1 more than it was back on Labor Day. I grabbed it then. No Steam codes.

Toy Story 3 is an OK platformer. I got bored with it, especially as my 3-year old wants me to replay the first level and an annoying later level repeatedly.

Cars 2 is an OK racer.

I grabbed the pack to play while my son watches and, later, to play with him. Well, except for Lego Pirates. That will be for me, too.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']A couple of us got this last time. Great value and I've also heard good things about the Disney Universe game (compare to Little Big Planet) and the Cars 2 game.

I think the Disney association might put off some people, they make pretty good platformer type games some times.[/QUOTE]

Have you actually played any of the games? I also got the pack last time, and for the price it's definitely not a bad deal, but some of the games (I've not tried all of them) are pretty average. I also got the games to play with my kids mostly, and for $10 who's complaining...

Just bought Syndicate for $5, thanks Tony!

As for the tax question, I don't see the problem. These are STATE taxes your paying, which go to fund roads, schools, and other STATE projects; which I'm sure you all use on a daily basis.
It was inevitable that online sales would require taxes; infact the tax was always there. It used to be the burden was on the buyer to collect and pay the tax, now the burden is on the seller; loophole averted.

Yes, I pay taxes on BOTH my Amazon and STEAM purchases and the world hasn't ended yet; no need to punish Amazon for following the law. If your not financially in a position to pay them, then you may want to reconsider whether you should be buying games in the first place.

[quote name='seamoss']Have you actually played any of the games? I also got the pack last time, and for the price it's definitely not a bad deal, but some of the games (I've not tried all of them) are pretty average. I also got the games to play with my kids mostly, and for $10 who's complaining...[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten around to them yet. I heard the non-lego Pirates isn't too good. I'll probably play G-Force first since I was tempted to get that on the PS3 and I'm sure I'll have fun with Lego Pirates.

[quote name='CheapThomas']no tax in California for digital games yet - and we're being taxed on the rest of the Amazon stuff.[/QUOTE]
Ssh, you'll jinx it! I got charged sales tax for DVG for a bit after the 15 Sept Amazon Taxpocalypse, then it went away.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']If your not financially in a position to pay them, then you may want to reconsider whether you should be buying games in the first place.[/QUOTE]

The games are just a cheap substitute for 8 oz. of sweet Mexican black-tar heroin.

Strongly considering XCOM... But there's a good chance it'll be as cheap at the Steam Winter Sale, and even cheaper in January. Decisions, decisions.

Go figure, I was about to comment about taxes without knowing that was the current discussion already... Glad I won't be derailing anything.

We started getting charged taxes in PA on Amazon not too long ago. While I can somewhat understand it for physical goods since we have distribution centers in our state, it makes absolutely no sense for digital downloads. And while the price of physical items on Amazon can still stay competitive with places such as Walmart or Best Buy, digital items are a different story. That tax makes a difference with so many other digital distributors not charging it. Of course I'm going to go with what's cheapest, so Amazon PCDD has lost a lot of my business by default.

What makes things even more puzzling is the fact that I can still buy from Amazon MP3 and not be charged sales tax. What's the difference? It's all digital goods.

And for people that say "Oh it's going back into your state." Yeah. That's not an incentive at all when you see how much your local government wastes and misuses.

[quote name='mokmoof']Strongly considering XCOM... But there's a good chance it'll be as cheap at the Steam Winter Sale, and even cheaper in January. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

I hear these words so often followed by: "ZOMG WHY CAN'T YOU BRING THAT SALE BACK! I WAS WAITING FOR STEAM TO PUT IT ON SALE AND THEY DIDN'T!!!"

:).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='slightlyofftrack']

and for people that say "oh it's going back into your state." yeah. That's not an incentive at all when you see how much your local government wastes and misuses.[/quote]

^qft

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I hear these words so often followed by: "ZOMG WHY CAN'T YOU BRING THAT SALE BACK! I WAS WAITING FOR STEAM TO PUT IT ON SALE AND THEY DIDN'T!!!"

:).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

QFT. Buy it now or don't complain/beg later...

How do you guys play multiplayer on one pc? Is it as easy as plugging in two 360 controllers?

Also, how do you guys have so much room to install all these games? I'm down to 30 gbs on my 320gb drive and if you're using SSD, I can't even imagine.

320 GB is pretty small by today's standards. My almost 2 year old laptop has a 640GB harddrive.

If you have a desktop, you should be able to grab a 1 TB [ ~1000GB] drive for around $100. Especially with deals going on, you may even find it discounted for a cheaper price.

^^Ha! That's probably why.. My pc is 4.5 years old. I have a 2 TB drive as my "document" drive though but it would be a pain to switch everything over.

[quote name='encendido5']
Also, how do you guys have so much room to install all these games? I'm down to 30 gbs on my 320gb drive and if you're using SSD, I can't even imagine.[/QUOTE]
You need a bigger HDD!

Many games now are easily hitting the 15-30 GB range.

I have two 1 TB hard drives for my games.
I have a 500 GB external and 2 TB external for all my game back-ups.

Hey guys,

Regarding any PM requests I might have missed today. Sorry about that. My computer Blue Screened at 2AM today and I've been dealing with it all day.

Cheers,
Tony

Is the single-player campaign in Syndicate really mediocre, or was it dinged for failing to live up to its namesake?

[quote name='11440']Is the single-player campaign in Syndicate really mediocre, or was it dinged for failing to live up to its namesake?[/QUOTE]

Why would any reviewer compare a FPS to a strategy game?

I never finished the campaign...b/c it gets MUCH tougher, as you go along.
The story's nowhere even close to being on Deus Ex + DE:HR's level, though.

[quote name='11440']Is the single-player campaign in Syndicate really mediocre, or was it dinged for failing to live up to its namesake?[/QUOTE]

The campaign is not that bad or that great, like MysterD said don't expect nothing close to Deus EX HR . And i found it a little short. Personally $4.99 is a nice price for the game. Expect a CoD game with augmentations and extra powers.

Edit:
the comparison with CoD is not that the game is bad, i actually like CoD.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Regarding any PM requests I might have missed today. Sorry about that. My computer Blue Screened at 2AM today and I've been dealing with it all day.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Arconis True Image
Make clone of your drive on another one, use the backup drive only for that. Do it regularly or after doing important things that day. Set it up to do it at night when you are asleep or whenever is covenant for you.

If your drive goes down for any reason (physic and/or software related) just turn your PC off, unplug bad drive and back up drive and plug the cable from the bad one into the backup. PC is back up and running like nothing happen and you can deal with the bad drive when you get the time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back