Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish the runscape bonus was still active. My son was digging the squeel stuff, so I was buying stuff with that in mind. This new bonus is a yawn!!

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Again, as apparently one of the few people who actually played Hell Yeah on PC to completion, I'll weigh in. One of the things about jumping in that game is that the wheel is basically also a jetpack, so the jump is pretty significant, allowing you a little time to switch over to the stick and fire off a few missles/bullets. Throughout the game, though, it's really not a necessary function. There are plenty of opportunities to sit in place and shoot at whatever monster you are killing as you see their patterns. I guess I didn't notice that oversight as much as some other people.[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel 100%. Honestly never throughout the game was I wishing to aim and shoot in the air, I didn't even realize this "problem" until reading this thread. Whoops.

If you like platformers give it a shot guys, it's cheap enough, and I really enjoyed it. The presentation is excellent, and the music and everything about it is very high quality for the price we are paying.

[quote name='sunasun']bought Hell Yeah, and the missions DLC and got 10 dollars in credits. Wow.
Ummm, Tony, I received 4 $5 promo codes after purchasing these. (should've just received 2)[/QUOTE]

Sure 2 of them are not credits for Fiesta?

I also received mine from Sine Mora and I got some credit for Fiesta as well.

Might have happened yesterday and I missed it but Serious Sam stuff is now 75% for the Steam Big Picture sale and Amazon has matched. Still going to hold off until the Winter Sale as it'll be the same price again and maybe Tony has some special promotion up his sleeve~

[quote name='Garbanzo']Sure 2 of them are not credits for Fiesta?

I also received mine from Sine Mora and I got some credit for Fiesta as well.[/QUOTE]
didn't buy fiesta.

Tony, is there a way to separate credits for the fiesta game and Software/Video Game downloads?
the credits page just lumps both of them together, it's confusing

Ok, Seraphym just bought the Sega Genesis bundle and got Sonic 3D Blast with it. So, if you buy it now the key for the first pack should activate Sonic 3D Blast. I'm guessing early purchasers are the only ones that didn't get it.

[quote name='sunghost']Ok, Seraphym just bought the Sega Genesis bundle and got Sonic 3D Blast with it. So, if you buy it now the key for the first pack should activate Sonic 3D Blast. I'm guessing early purchasers are the only ones that didn't get it.[/QUOTE]

I just activated my purchase from yesterday (maybe late morning/early afternoon) and I got Sonic 3D Blast as well.

[quote name='sunghost']Ok, Seraphym just bought the Sega Genesis bundle and got Sonic 3D Blast with it. So, if you buy it now the key for the first pack should activate Sonic 3D Blast. I'm guessing early purchasers are the only ones that didn't get it.[/QUOTE]
:cry:

I saw this in my rss feed and figured Id share it:

Amazon offers a $5 off $25 Amazon credit for free when you answer a question and post it to your Facebook page. (The credit will then be applied automatically to your Amazon account.) That's tied with our mention from two weeks ago as the largest such credit we've seen from Amazon. Limit one per person. Credit expires December 9.

http://dealnews.com/lw/artclick.html?2,644283,2500660

[quote name='stoned99']I wish the runscape bonus was still active. My son was digging the squeel stuff, so I was buying stuff with that in mind. This new bonus is a yawn!![/QUOTE]
If the promotion is tied to the link they send you, you can have mine. Pretty sure it's tied to the Amazon account though. Don't know how the spins work in Runescape, but I can create a dummy account with the spins and give it to you if you want. Or if you have an extra (empty) account, I could credit them there.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Got a question that might be answered: Will all of these $5 promotion coupons stack?[/QUOTE]
They don't stack.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Got a question that might be answered: Will all of these $5 promotion coupons stack?[/QUOTE]

One per purchase. Can't get a $10 game free.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I would assume Tages. At least my GG copy was...[/QUOTE]

Possibly DRM free on Far Cry 2. I got it early this year as part of a buy one for $5 and get one Ubisoft sale, all DRM-free. They may now be distributing a different version now, but I can download a DRM-free one from my account.

[quote name='pieczonka']Tony gamestop has hitman for 29.99 reg and 39.99 deluxe are you going to price match?[/QUOTE]

We'll have the same or a better deal starting on Sunday. I'm pushing for better and will have more info soon.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have the same or a better deal starting on Sunday. I'm pushing for better and will have more info soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

{Eyes wide open}

If we do buy Hitman: Absolution, any idea if there be a $5 credit gained for next year's BSO?

[quote name='MysterD']{Eyes wide open}

If we do buy Hitman: Absolution, any idea if there be a $5 credit gained for next year's BSO?[/QUOTE]

i would imagine it would..everything has so far

Torn on Far Cry 2. The reviews on Amazon make it sound HORRIBLE, yet it's got a relatively good Metacritic score (85) while the user score is much lower (5.5).

Any thoughts on it here?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Torn on Far Cry 2. The reviews on Amazon make it sound HORRIBLE, yet it's got a relatively good Metacritic score (85) while the user score is much lower (5.5).

Any thoughts on it here?[/QUOTE]

Far Cry 2 suffers from AC1 syndrome - main quest stuff's good; meanwhile a lot of the side quests are copy & paste and repetitive.

While I did like it, I was disappointed w/ it overall. Didn't live up to the hype.

[quote name='MysterD']Far Cry 2 suffers from AC1 syndrome - main quest stuff's good; meanwhile a lot of the side quests are copy & paste and repetitive.

While I did like it, I was disappointed w/ it overall. Didn't live up to the hype.[/QUOTE]
But what did you pay for it? For $2.50 + $5 coupon code...

[quote name='Idiotekque']Torn on Far Cry 2. The reviews on Amazon make it sound HORRIBLE, yet it's got a relatively good Metacritic score (85) while the user score is much lower (5.5).

Any thoughts on it here?[/QUOTE]

From the steam thread:

[quote name='Neuro5i5']RE: Far Cry 2

Chalk me up as another who didn't like it. I knew I should have liked it. I know I wanted to like it. For some reason I just didn't. I gave it multiple attempts over periods of time and just couldn't settle into it. I don't know if it was the locale, the traveling or what. I wouldn't call it bad by any means. It didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth, if anything it was like water and left no taste at all. Though Far Cry 3's gameplay does have me intrigued enough to keep an eye out for it possibly this time next year. [/QUOTE]

Yet I did just re-get it from GG when they had it on sale to give it one last shot hoping maybe my tastes have changed. Though I don't have high hopes. Maybe I'm justnot that into that open of a world shooter.

[quote name='Idiotekque']But what did you pay for it?[/quote]
It was not too long after release, around one of their BF sales in 2008.
$17.50 from Amazon (Retail), if I recall.

For $2.50 + $5 coupon code...
Oh, it's surely worth that!

Don't waste your money on FC2. The best part of the game was the setting and graphics. Having to deal with respawning outposts was beyond annoying (think clearing an out post of like 15 guys, drive down the road for 15 seconds and turn around go back and outpost has all the guys back again). Not to mention you get malaria for damn near anything and guns jam way to frequently.

Save the few bucks and put it towards Far Cry 3

Let's see what I've learned from the last couple of pages. People like Hell Yeah even though metacritic professionals didn't. People didn't like Far Cry 2 even though metacritic did.

Sounds about right.

[quote name='Motoki']Let's see what I've learned from the last couple of pages. People like Hell Yeah even though metacritic professionals didn't. People didn't like Far Cry 2 even though metacritic did.

Sounds about right.[/QUOTE]

You know what they say about accounting for taste. I recently read a post complaining that Far Cry 3 took away what was good and unique about the masterpiece that was Far Cry 2.

[quote name='Motoki']Let's see what I've learned from the last couple of pages. People like Hell Yeah even though metacritic professionals didn't. People didn't like Far Cry 2 even though metacritic did.

Sounds about right.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I liked FC2...
...I just didn't love the game.
It was just DISAPPOINTING and overhyped - just like AC1.

I'm really looking forward to FC3, though...once it price-drops enough to suit me, of course....

[quote name='gilby']You know what they say about accounting for taste. I recently read a post complaining that Far Cry 3 took away what was good and unique about the masterpiece that was Far Cry 2.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what was so good and unique about FC2.
It certainly wasn't the story; and it certainly wasn't copy & pasted side quests.
The performance on my (then) PC, bugs, and broken quests were crappy before Patch 1.01 dropped.

White Gold was better than FC2, IMHO.

I didn't get 3D Blast with my purchase. =/

[quote name='JakeNome']I saw this in my rss feed and figured Id share it:

Amazon offers a $5 off $25 Amazon credit for free when you answer a question and post it to your Facebook page. (The credit will then be applied automatically to your Amazon account.) That's tied with our mention from two weeks ago as the largest such credit we've seen from Amazon. Limit one per person. Credit expires December 9.

http://dealnews.com/lw/artclick.html?2,644283,2500660[/QUOTE]

Checked the fine print and doesn't work on digital products.

[quote name='MysterD']I don't know what was so good and unique about FC2.
It certainly wasn't the story; and it certainly wasn't copy & pasted side quests.
The performance on my (then) PC, bugs, and broken quests were crappy before Patch 1.01 dropped.
[/QUOTE]

It was Tom Chick, actually, in a review of Far Cry 3.

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2012/12/03/far-cry-3-may-be-good-but-its-a-far-cry-from-far-cry-2/

His opinion may not be a majority one, but it is well-considered. Of course, from reading his columns and such since they were actually in these things called magazines that came to my house each month, I know he tends to be a bit masochistic in what he likes from a game.

[quote name='gilby']It was Tom Chick, actually, in a review of Far Cry 3.

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2012/12/03/far-cry-3-may-be-good-but-its-a-far-cry-from-far-cry-2/

His opinion may not be a majority one, but it is well-considered. Of course, from reading his columns and such since they were actually in these things called magazines that came to my house each month, I know he tends to be a bit masochistic in what he likes from a game.[/QUOTE]

While the weapon-breaking; car-fixing; malaria; and all of that stuff was cool in FC2...
...FC2 was NOWHERE as ground-breaking & as interesting as STALKER: SOC & Call of Pripyat.

I have not played Far Cry 3, BTW.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have the same or a better deal starting on Sunday. I'm pushing for better and will have more info soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

sweet!

Anyone experiencing dreadfully slow Amazon download speeds right now? Tried downloading Far Cry 2 (4GB) and the download is holding firm to taking 29 hours to download. Really?...

Amazon is generally slower than Steam for me, but not that slow. It took me about 3-4 hours to download Crysis earlier today and that's what, 6-7GB.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Amazon is generally slower than Steam for me, but not that slow. It took me about 3-4 hours to download Crysis earlier today and that's what, 6-7GB.[/QUOTE]
Usually I get around 1mbps. This is ridiculous. >.>

The other thing that was happening to me was that I kept losing connection to Amazon's servers. Not my internet connection mind you, but the download installer kept dropping it's connection. It happened for the last time, with a timeout no less, with 500MB left and I had to restart the installer. I was afraid I was going to have to wait through that whole mess again, but luckily it picked up where it left off and the game seems to play fine.

[quote name='gilby']It was Tom Chick, actually, in a review of Far Cry 3.

His opinion may not be a majority one, but it is well-considered. Of course, from reading his columns and such since they were actually in these things called magazines that came to my house each month, I know he tends to be a bit masochistic in what he likes from a game.[/QUOTE]

It seems like no one has brought up the original in this discussion. Is FC3 closer to FC1? Because I did enjoy the original.

Also, he complains about the fact that you can permanently destroy/kill things, which he depicts as a bad thing, even though it seems fun (similar to Red Faction: Guerrilla?), so I can tell he has some bias, among other reasons -.- Either way, this one's still on my list :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back