Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']
Also, he complains about the fact that you can permanently destroy/kill things, which he depicts as a bad thing, even though it seems fun (similar to Red Faction: Guerrilla?), so I can tell he has some bias,[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. Everybody has some bias. It's the people that pretend they don't when they write reviews that bother me.

The Steam forums are down again, or it is just me?

Edit: nevermind. Fixed :)

Edit 2: nope. Down again. Hope there are no hackers involved this time

This is probably asking a bit much, but could you please do a figure out a repeat sale on Spec Ops: The Line, Tony? Even if it was a bit more, like $7.49, it would be much appreciated.

Hotline Miami $5 on Steam for the weekend. I really didn't see that coming right after the last $7.50 sale just two weeks ago. Glad I waited.

[quote name='gomikeoh']is there a gamespot black friday deal today?
also are there any hints as to whats coming this sunday for the new deals?[/QUOTE]

It's Thursday.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Just an FYI Hitman will be $20 off ($29.99/$39.99) starting Sunday.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Hi Tony, is this deal of the week? Will we have other deals? Thanks

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

far cry 3? :) sidenote: i really should have spent my 5 buck credit. hope those games to choose from will go on sale before the credit ends.

I liked FC2. It wasn't perfect but the setting was nifty, I generally enjoyed the game play and open world nature. The outposts were annoying but not exactly as bad as described above: they typically had 4-5 men, not 15.

FC3 is fun so far (only a couple hours in) but not without its own ridiculous nature. Such as a cash limit of $1000 unless you craft a new wallet and the only material that can hold money is the skin of a pig. And not a boar or a tapir, it needs to be a pig because nothing else can hold money. :roll:

[quote name='pinkgun']Hi Tony, is this deal of the week? Will we have other deals? Thanks[/QUOTE]

We'll have Eve Online for $4.99 for you MMOers out there. Right now there's nothing else planned though, most of our big deals will start again closer to Christmas.

[quote name='deletion']far cry 3? :) sidenote: i really should have spent my 5 buck credit. hope those games to choose from will go on sale before the credit ends.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have Eve Online for $4.99 for you MMOers out there. Right now there's nothing else planned though, most of our big deals will start again closer to Christmas.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks again :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

He's probably just confused and doesn't understand the $5 credits don't work until January.

[quote name='Mooby']He's probably just confused and doesn't understand the $5 credits don't work until January.[/QUOTE]

Ahh good call, I was trying to figure out what $5 credit I created and then forgot about lol.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Mooby']He's probably just confused and doesn't understand the $5 credits don't work until January.[/QUOTE]

he might also be talking about this, but I don't think that promo credit works on any digital items

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have the same or a better deal starting on Sunday. I'm pushing for better and will have more info soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

darn really was hoping for $25 or lower

[quote name='Syntax Error']I liked FC2. It wasn't perfect but the setting was nifty, I generally enjoyed the game play and open world nature. The outposts were annoying but not exactly as bad as described above: they typically had 4-5 men, not 15.

FC3 is fun so far (only a couple hours in) but not without its own ridiculous nature. Such as a cash limit of $1000 unless you craft a new wallet and the only material that can hold money is the skin of a pig. And not a boar or a tapir, it needs to be a pig because nothing else can hold money. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Each time you upgrade something you craft it will require different animal skins, not the same ones. While silly in real sense, for a game mechanic it is actually pretty good because it promotes you to go explore areas where those animals are and to do some crafting which are big parts of the game.

[quote name='pieczonka']darn really was hoping for $25 or lower[/QUOTE]

I know game prices drop fast these days but it's only been three weeks. You really expected 50% off or higher in under a month? $30 is a pretty good price this early.

[quote name='Mooby']I know game prices drop fast these days but it's only been three weeks. You really expected 50% off or higher in under a month? $30 is a pretty good price this early.[/QUOTE]

He's probably hoping for that because another store just had it for 30 bucks earlier and Tony said he was trying to get the deal lower.

[quote name='yaynick']If the promotion is tied to the link they send you, you can have mine. Pretty sure it's tied to the Amazon account though. Don't know how the spins work in Runescape, but I can create a dummy account with the spins and give it to you if you want. Or if you have an extra (empty) account, I could credit them there.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the offer, but you have to bind the runescape account to the amazon account. Thanks anyway.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Each time you upgrade something you craft it will require different animal skins, not the same ones. While silly in real sense, for a game mechanic it is actually pretty good because it promotes you to go explore areas where those animals are and to do some crafting which are big parts of the game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, my point was that it's silly in a real sense. I'd go beyond that since it's tedious and annoying in game to have to constantly sell off (and spend) or risk losing
assets to "Too much money" error messages in the early game when you'd appreciate them the most.

Exploration should be promoted by making it fun and rewarding in its own right. I never needed a stick approach to roam the hills and vales of Skyrim or Fallout 3's post-apocalyptic DC area.

[quote name='Genocidal']Hey Tony, any chance to see console digital offerings in general, and specifically PS Vita? Not sure if that's your area or not.[/QUOTE]

+1 this. I've been waiting for some Amazon/CAG DD love for my PS3+PSV

[quote name='Syntax Error']Yeah, my point was that it's silly in a real sense. I'd go beyond that since it's tedious and annoying in game to have to constantly sell off (and spend) or risk losing
assets to "Too much money" error messages in the early game when you'd appreciate them the most.

Exploration should be promoted by making it fun and rewarding in its own right. I never needed a stick approach to roam the hills and vales of Skyrim or Fallout 3's post-apocalyptic DC area.[/QUOTE]

I never needed a stick either, but sadly most do nowadays (look at achievement whores that wont do something unless there is an achievement for it)

[quote name='MC Kage']Yeah I would like to try out FC2 for $2.50 if it was Steam-redeemable. Ubisoft...[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I saw a similar deal on Impulse (where I happen to have GS credit), but I keep thinking that if I buy every great deal that's there, I won't have any games to use $5 credits on. And that'd be a real shame.

[quote name='equalsP']+1 this. I've been waiting for some Amazon/CAG DD love for my PS3+PSV[/QUOTE]

Don't you guys have enough deals for your consoles? Must you try and take over our Amazon PCDD's, too?

Go back to the shadow! GO BACK!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I saw a similar deal on Impulse (where I happen to have GS credit), but I keep thinking that if I buy every great deal that's there, I won't have any games to use $5 credits on. And that'd be a real shame.

Don't do it, Tony! Keep the PC in PCDD!

Also, also, just saw an Alpha BROtocol retail addition to the Steam registry? Perhaps you have secured a Steam key version for glorious Amazon PCDD?!?! Say it's true!

[quote name='equalsP']+1 this. I've been waiting for some Amazon/CAG DD love for my PS3+PSV[/QUOTE]

Don't you guys have enough deals for your consoles? Must you try and take over our Amazon PCDD's, too?

Go back to the shadow! GO BACK!

[quote name='Mooby']Don't do it, Tony! Keep the PC in PCDD!
[/QUOTE]

Whatever, man. If Tony could get deals like this for DD PS3 games I'd be buying double what I do on Amazon PCDD already.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Don't you guys have enough deals for your consoles? Must you try and take over our Amazon PCDD's, too?

Go back to the shadow! GO BACK![/QUOTE]

If you see any good deals on console downloads, kindly point me in the right direction. It's an area that's sorely lacking from all the online retailers and makes me buy less because I prefer digital over physical for these systems.

[quote name='stoned99']Appreciate the offer, but you have to bind the runescape account to the amazon account. Thanks anyway.[/QUOTE]

Genuinely curious here, why is that a bad thing?

[quote name='Genocidal']Hey Tony, any chance to see console digital offerings in general, and specifically PS Vita? Not sure if that's your area or not.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Ditto.

Go back to the shadow! GO BACK![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mooby']Don't do it, Tony! Keep the PC in PCDD!

Also, also, just saw an Alpha BROtocol retail addition to the Steam registry? Perhaps you have secured a Steam key version for glorious Amazon PCDD?!?! Say it's true![/QUOTE]

ijKFV.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Genocidal']Thanks for the response, but I don't think it came across how you intended.[/QUOTE]

Lol what do you mean? It was a joke :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Genocidal']If you see any good deals on console downloads, kindly point me in the right direction. It's an area that's sorely lacking from all the online retailers and makes me buy less because I prefer digital over physical for these systems.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much, whenever I see the deals posted in either the PSN/XBL sale threads, I'm like, "That's a sale price?"

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']We'll have Eve Online for $4.99 for you MMOers out there. Right now there's nothing else planned though, most of our big deals will start again closer to Christmas.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's tomorrow's deal, everyone.

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Pretty much, whenever I see the deals posted in either the PSN/XBL sale threads, I'm like, "That's a sale price?"[/QUOTE]

MS/Sony are the only ones that can sell them, there's no competition, of course the prices won't be good

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm going to draw correlation from Tony's deals and Humble Bundle. I conclude that next we'll see the...

Humble SEGA Bundle :lol:[/QUOTE]

Alpha Protocol should be in that bundle.

[quote name='MysterD']Alpha Protocol should be in that bundle.[/QUOTE]

>.< More games I already own. I think I picked up AP (DRM-FREE) for $4 on GG earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back