Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh also, this Friday we'll have Syndicate for $5 for those who missed it and every Serious Sam THING we carry for $10. This includes all the DLCs. For 2 hours.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

but but but, I only need the dlc!! :cry:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh no! Smiley ignorance. What does that guy mean?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Just mouse over any smiley and it tells you the meaning behind it. in this case :cool: means cool, cause he's wearing sunglasses...or has 2 black eyes cause he said something smart to the wrong guy, either way he's one cool smiley.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep,

Also, can anyone tell me if those Gamefly coupons are 1 time use per customer or multiple?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

My turn to be ignorant.......what coupons?!?

[quote name='Mooby']:hot:

EVERY game? Including Serious Sam 3 and the latest expansion? ERMAGURRR[/QUOTE]

ERMAGURRR indeed my friend ERMAGURR indeed.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='DonRamon']but but but, I only need the dlc!! :cry:[/QUOTE]

It's been 75% off numerous times. I'm sure it'll hit it again if at least with Steam price matching.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep,

Also, can anyone tell me if those Gamefly coupons are 1 time use per customer or multiple?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it was multiple. Good luck (on hopefully your negotiations)! :bouncy:

Telltale should let you discount WD for at least as much as a US competitor, if not more...

madblade ( 10 ) Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:41am
Worked, got Walking Dead and XCOM for $30. Both activated on Steam.
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/854...hanced-edition-directors-cut?&page=4#comments

[quote name='walkonshadows']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10273292&postcount=8469[/QUOTE]

Gamefly usually has a certain percentage off coupon that stacks with their sales. They are usually one time use per account and timed. So the other day (first day of their winter sale) they had a coupon that took an extra 20% off anything. Some people used it to get The Walking Dead or X-Com a little cheaper (using multiple accounts). They are in the form of a code you enter at checkout.

[quote name='Logain8955']A sale on The Secret World would be awesome, with the move to F2P. :D[/QUOTE]

I hope TSW's combat has improved since I last played it (which was when it was in the final week of its Beta before the game was released).

I thought the combat was the real weakness of that game - it just didn't feel that good, IMHO.

EDIT:
Oh, the repetitive questing w/ a lack of variety (kill X enemies, kill X enemies a certain way, find X locations, find X items, etc) and the opening areas w/ lots of zombies didn't help me (especially after recently playing Dead Island + DLC's around that time), either.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']

I'll be updating the OP next week with holiday deals but I'll include some sneak peaks as the days go on.
[/QUOTE]
Anything on Sleeping Dogs coming...?

[quote name='MysterD']I hope TSW's combat has improved since I last played it (which was when it was in the final week of its Beta before the game was released).

I thought the combat was the real weakness of that game - it just didn't feel that good, IMHO.

EDIT:
Oh, the repetitive questing w/ a lack of variety (kill X enemies, kill X enemies a certain way, find X locations, find X items, etc) and the opening areas w/ lots of zombies didn't help me (especially after recently playing Dead Island + DLC's around that time), either.[/QUOTE]
I think I'd grab it purely because there are no good, current, modern setting RPGs.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I think I'd grab it purely because there are no good, current, modern setting RPGs.[/QUOTE]

If it's "cheap enough" to suit me, I'd be all over TSW.

Though, I still think TSW would be better as an experience like say Torchlight 1 & 2 or Diablo 2 - it's up to me, if I want to play the game alone offline or online. The story; and the characters + their dialogues + their voice-acting are so well put together from what I played back when it was in Beta, that I was VERY impressed w/ that stuff.

[quote name='MysterD']If it's "cheap enough" to suit me, I'd be all over TSW.

Though, I still think TSW would be better as an experience like say Torchlight 1 & 2 or Diablo 2 - it's up to me, if I want to play the game alone offline or online. The story; and the characters + their dialogues + their voice-acting are so well put together from what I played back when it was in Beta, that I was VERY impressed w/ that stuff.[/QUOTE]
Plus I'm a sucker for that modern day Grimm/Supernatural stuff. An RPG in that setting is pretty much something I've made up in my head since I was a kid.

Then again, maybe that would make me even pickier about it, lol.

tl;dr, $5 TSW Tony!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Plus I'm a sucker for that modern day Grimm/Supernatural stuff. An RPG in that setting is pretty much something I've made up in my head since I was a kid.

Then again, maybe that would make me even pickier about it, lol.

tl;dr, $5 TSW Tony![/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd go in for $5 on TSW. :D

EDIT:
It'd be even better if TSW was $5 during the BSO sale...price before using the coupon, of course. ;)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Gamefly usually has a certain percentage off coupon that stacks with their sales. They are usually one time use per account and timed. So the other day (first day of their winter sale) they had a coupon that took an extra 20% off anything. Some people used it to get The Walking Dead or X-Com a little cheaper (using multiple accounts). They are in the form of a code you enter at checkout.[/QUOTE]

Regardless, with most of the deals taking Steam keys the one coupon per account is a meaningless restriction for the greedy people on that other forum.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh also, this Friday we'll have Syndicate for $5 for those who missed it and every Serious Sam THING we carry for $10. This includes all the DLCs. For 2 hours.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Will the Serious Sam deal be multiple keys? I just bought Serious Sam 3 from Amazon not that long ago! Awesome game. I'm really wanting to pick up the old ones and make some money back by hopefully selling off the Serious Sam 3 from that pack.

[quote name='voldak']Will the Serious Sam deal be multiple keys? I just bought Serious Sam 3 from Amazon not that long ago! Awesome game. I'm really wanting to pick up the old ones and make some money back by hopefully selling off the Serious Sam 3 from that pack.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the opposite boat so perhaps I could sell you the old ones.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Serious Sam 3 came out in November, 2011.[/QUOTE]

So did Saints Row 3 and yet it's on the list. :whistle2:k That said, if I could get a few bucks for the older titles it's probably a wash compared to any Editor's Choice discount + coupon.

[quote name='Mooby']So did Saints Row 3 and yet it's on the list. :whistle2:k That said, if I could get a few bucks for the older titles it's probably a wash compared to any Editor's Choice discount + coupon.[/QUOTE]

Oh, alright.

I was under the impression it would only be 2012 games.

My mistake.

I actually thought the same, too, and found it odd SR3 was on there. I guess they can just sneak older 2011 titles on there if they feel like it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Dude! Pssst.

Quick! Do a, "Oh also, this {you can choose the day, I'll allow it} we'll have Far Cry 3 Steam Version/AssCreed 3 Steam Version/BlaOps2 for $5."

I know it'll probably take a couple minutes, soooo... I'll wait. ;)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Last year it was the "Bestsellers" of 2011 but it had a ton of older games on there.[/QUOTE]

They were the games that SOLD the best in the year 2011. Not the bestsellers that RELEASED in 2011. Saint's Row The Third was a huge seller for Amazon in 2012, so it's on the best seller's list. Even if it came out way back when.

See, Tony goes to the higher-up's and says, "Look, we can have $5 coupons apply to the games that have sold the best. Because there aren't that many people left who don't own THESE games... because these are the games that sold the best this past year."

"Oh, so they aren't the games that came out this year and sold the best..."

"They're the games that sold the best this year, period."

"So if for some reason everyone and their brother bought the older American McGee's Alice once you worked your magic and made it available..."

"Then it'd be on the Bestseller's List, too..."

"So that means..."

"...that we're putting on super-sale in January everything that sold so well we don't have much to lose by offering it at an even lower price since most everyone already owns these games."

"Brilliant!"

"I know, I know... I really am..."

Then Larry--and there's always a Larry in a meeting like this--will say, "That's all well and good, but Saints Row The Third didn't come out in 2012."

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']

Then Larry--and there's always a Larry in a meeting like this--will say, "That's all well and good, but Saints Row The Third didn't come out in 2012."[/QUOTE]

Was that Leisure Suit Larry...?

[quote name='MysterD']Was that Leisure Suit Larry...?[/QUOTE]

Leisure Suit Larry is currently suspended pending investigation into sexual harassment allegations.

This was just regular, dull Larry.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Leisure Suit Larry is currently suspended pending investigation into sexual harassment allegations.[/quote]
:whistle2: X

This was just regular, dull Larry.

Ah, the Larry w/ two brothers named Daryl?

[quote name='Idiotekque']tl;dr, $5 TSW Tony![/QUOTE]

I second, fifth or thirtieth this! I almost bought it at GMG when they had it for $5ish and I can't stop kicking myself. I loved the game during the free weekend, but I really refuse to pay into subscriptions.

:)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Has anyone ever played this F2P game, APB Reloaded?

It looks a lot like Saints Row 3, has good (but few) reviews, and seems to have a crazy amount of customization.

It's really getting my hopes up.[/QUOTE]

A little while ago I tried to play every F2P MMO on Steam. APB was easily the worst of a terrible lot of games. Of course, I've seen people who've played >1000 hours of it. So I guess taste is subjective. Still, it made me want to die a little. It's nothing like Saints Row.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Has anyone ever played this F2P game, APB Reloaded?

It looks a lot like Saints Row 3, has good (but few) reviews, and seems to have a crazy amount of customization.

It's really getting my hopes up.[/QUOTE]

ha... always saw the title and thought it was some type of paintball game...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']ha... always saw the title and thought it was some type of paintball game...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's the F2P relaunch of the APB that was in development for ages, then came out with a subscription fee a couple years ago and tanked within a few months.

I played APB reloaded. It's like an MMO version of GTA IV's multiplayer with the customization of Saint's Row, which is to say that it's got a lot of personality and customization, but the gameplay just isn't that compelling.

[quote name='Eoma']Hi Tony,

Any chance of price matching Steam's SF x Tekken @ 75% ?[/QUOTE]

@Tony,

In case you missed it first time around. :cool:

[quote name='Eoma']@Tony,

In case you missed it first time around. :cool:[/QUOTE]

SFxTekken is not available in Amazon PCDD, so a price match is not possible.

[quote name='Das_Regal']I played APB reloaded. It's like an MMO version of GTA IV's multiplayer with the customization of Saint's Row, which is to say that it's got a lot of personality and customization, but the gameplay just isn't that compelling.[/QUOTE]

+1. I've never been into MMOs and found it not noob-friendly. But after a couple of hours I settled into running around and murdering people. Also of note, is that after 2.5 hrs of play, not a single achievement out of 49. Not the way to keep me coming back.

[quote name='nategator']Regardless, with most of the deals taking Steam keys the one coupon per account is a meaningless restriction for the greedy people on that other forum.[/QUOTE]

But Gamefly wouldn't allow the same payment details (CC or Paypal) for more than one account ;)

Maybe I didn't get this right, is Serious Sam Complete Pack gonna be $10 on Amazon ? :hot:

[quote name='DropZite']SFxTekken is not available in Amazon PCDD, so a price match is not possible.[/QUOTE]

Do you doubt Tony's magic hamsters ?

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Tony, any chance we will get a deal on Far Cry 3 for the upcoming holiday/chirstmas sale?[/QUOTE]

I know this is blasphemous on these forums, but $60 is a great deal for that game.

[quote name='Das_Regal']I played APB reloaded. It's like an MMO version of GTA IV's multiplayer with the customization of Saint's Row, which is to say that it's got a lot of personality and customization, but the gameplay just isn't that compelling.[/QUOTE]

I like the character creator (lots of options) but I never really got into it.

Wanted to try Aion but having to download a separate NCSoft launcher turned me off.

[quote name='SCMoney360']I know this is blasphemous on these forums, but $60 is a great deal for that game.[/QUOTE]
Considering the game is $50, I would say $60 is a pretty bad deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back