Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, it's not unknown that plenty of you are skirting Amazon's regional restriction, but try not to be so obvious about it in a thread an Amazon rep is posting in?

Hey guys,

I know alot of you have been asking about Sunday's deals/holiday deals:

1. We'll have ALOT of stuff kicking off on Sunday so a major OP update is incoming. One of the things we'll have on sale will be that THQ Medley we ran previously for $9.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3F5S0O. All Steam keys, all separate. For those of you curious about cross over with the Humble Bundle, the only 2 titles that were in the HB are Metro 2033 and Red Faction Armageddon. There will be a BUNCH of other stuff on sale as well.

2. I'm hoping to update the OP tomorrow but it might end up being Saturday. I owe the guys over at the Something Awful forums a Mega Thread that I've been working on for a while so I need to finish that up ASAP.

3. Get ready, winter deals are coming.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Unaki']Eve Online for $5 is perfect. Its not for everybody but I highly recommend getting it.[/QUOTE]

It really is. If anyone would like help getting started, I run a small corp with a handful of friends of mine and would be happy to get you started and eventually into Nullsec for truly exciting, albeit sometimes painful, times. ^_^

Damn it. Stayed up until tomorrow became today and the Secret World's price hasn't flipped yet. Wanted to get that monster downloading overnight so I'd (Theoretically) be able to play on Friday.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

1. We'll have ALOT of stuff kicking off on Sunday so a major OP update is incoming. One of the things we'll have on sale will be that THQ Medley we ran previously for $9.99 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3F5S0O. All Steam keys, all separate. For those of you curious about cross over with the Humble Bundle, the only 2 titles that were in the HB are Metro 2033 and Red Faction Armageddon. There will be a BUNCH of other stuff on sale as well.

[/QUOTE]

Other stuff as in, other THQ stuff??

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Damn it. Stayed up until tomorrow became today and the Secret World's price hasn't flipped yet. Wanted to get that monster downloading overnight so I'd (Theoretically) be able to play on Friday.[/QUOTE]

If you already got a account for the Secret World, you can download the game and be ready when the price change.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']Someone should sell Dark Souls for $7.50 or less. Yeah. I'd buy that.[/QUOTE]

I got it when it was at 66% off, $12.5 I think, and it was well worth it, obviously the cheaper the better, specially since it's GFWL, but if you are on the line to play it, do it the next chance you can grab.

I can't remember the last time I played something this good.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

2. I'm hoping to update the OP tomorrow but it might end up being Saturday. I owe the guys over at the Something Awful forums a Mega Thread that I've been working on for a while so I need to finish that up ASAP.

3. Get ready, winter deals are coming.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

awesome can't wait to see the deals, crossing my fingers for Far Cry 3

31888935.jpg
;)

Ok, bought the Secret World and I went to register the key at Funcom's website under my account and it takes me to a webpage asking me if I want to purchase an optional add-on for $60 or $199, which I decline, and then returns the error
Information

There was an error submitting your data.

Please check your input and try to correct any invalid fields.

Regardless of what I select, it does not upgrade my account. There are no data fields on this page, and even selecting to buy an 'optional' add-on returns the same error. Wtf!?

Update: Apparently it let me create a 'new' account. Just went ahead and did that to avoid their broken webpage.

[quote name='Necrotron']Update: Apparently it let me create a 'new' account. Just went ahead and did that to avoid their broken webpage.[/QUOTE]

I had no trouble creating a new account, but I did get a similar error from a username space. >.>

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']My mind and body are ready[/QUOTE]

You failed the first test. Your soul had to be ready. You must now walk the walk of shame back down to the back of the line and prepare yourself fully for the awesome.

So out of curiosity, since this is going F2P will you be able to DL it from Steam once it goes F2P and just log in with your account details showing you bought it retail?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So out of curiosity, since this is going F2P will you be able to DL it from Steam once it goes F2P and just log in with your account details showing you bought it retail?[/QUOTE]

I would imagine you can't DL it from Steam without a key or buying it from them directly. It's not F2P as in no entry cost, it's like Guild Wars 2 where there is no sub fee but you still have to buy the game.

[quote name='Steve0Matic']I would imagine you can't DL it from Steam without a key or buying it from them directly. It's not F2P as in no entry cost, it's like Guild Wars 2 where there is no sub fee but you still have to buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I think I read somewhere it was going to be F2P come January 1, but that may have been wrong.

Edit:

So here's where the confusion came from -

Subscriptions for the modern day, Lovecraftian, conspiracy theory-laden MMO are now optional. Players can buy the game for $30 (or €30 or £25) and play all of the story content currently available. Four major updates for the title, which was released back in July, have already been released. Funcom is offering all of the upcoming content in the fifth update and an “Initiate Pack” (which includes weapons, a pet, and social clothing) for players who buy the game before December 31. Starting in January, updates (called “Issues” in Secret World parlance) will be sold for $5 each.

So buy before the end of the year and get the fifth update free too. $5 otherwise.

if you are going to put down 15 bucks on the secret world, id honestly put that 15 down on a good mmo.

guild wars 2.

the community is huge, the reason you see such little price drops on the game client months after release compared to other mmos is because...its goty material (time voted it as well as others i think) and the community is actually huge and not dead.

the amount of content i have seen gw2 dish out month after month is unreal. they patch HUUUGE events every holiday there is.

Save those 15 and with the 5 dollar promo code for january, use it on a GREAT game. trust me, it will be worth the extra dollars.

[quote name='gomikeoh']if you are going to put down 15 bucks on the secret world, id honestly put that 15 down on a good mmo.

Save those 15 and with the 5 dollar promo code for january, use it on a GREAT game. trust me, it will be worth the extra dollars.[/QUOTE]

They're really two different kinds of games entirely.

I've already played, torn through and grown tired of GW2. This doesn't make it any less of a great game and it remains on my very limited drive because it's great, but TSW offers something different with a good story and thus I'm quite excited for it.

Hey Tony, just inquiring about the status of PSN and XBL games for purchase through the amazon store. I know awhile back you say you acquired that division.

To be clear i am not talking about PSN or XBL currency, i am talking about whole games and dlc purchases through amazon. Since amazon used to sell everything that was on the PSN/XBL store from avatars to games. You even had your own sales on these things.

The Secret World site is pissing me off something fierce. There appear (??) to be separate registrations via funcom.com and thesecretworld.com which may or may not be the same thing. If I put in my key on either, while I'm already logged into the site, it gives me 2 options: upgrade or create new account. I have the same upgrade problem as the poster above, but I don't want to create a new account as I AM ALREADY LOGGED IN TO THE SITE. Sigh. Word of warning, I guess.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']The Secret World site is pissing me off something fierce. There appear (??) to be separate registrations via funcom.com and thesecretworld.com which may or may not be the same thing. If I put in my key on either, while I'm already logged into the site, it gives me 2 options: upgrade or create new account. I have the same upgrade problem as the poster above, but I don't want to create a new account as I AM ALREADY LOGGED IN TO THE SITE. Sigh. Word of warning, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Emailing about this now.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='DemonKysho']Deals are live now, i imagine those hamsters got a little over zealous.[/QUOTE]

it's 2PM somewhere out there....

As a person new to the serious sam franchise, is there any reason to play the originals over the hd remakes? anything missing or added besides the visual quality?

Ended up buying the Most Serious Bundle for $9.99. Needed it for SS3+DLC and the two SS3 indie games. I can give the rest away to my brother. Thanks Tony.

Bought the sam bundle! For those of us who got the recent AC3 goldbox deal, you'll have 3 dollars of credit that apply! 9.99 is hard to beat for all these sam games on steam.

[quote name='Mooby']Whoa, didn't even know this went live yet. Thought he meant 2pm Pacific. Oh well, grabbed it.[/QUOTE]

You said you were going to miss the deal didn't you? So I moved it up...I thought I PMed this to you last night.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='gomikeoh']As a person new to the serious sam franchise, is there any reason to play the originals over the hd remakes? anything missing or added besides the visual quality?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The HD remakes are the same game just reskinned/using the new engine.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You said you were going to miss the deal didn't you? So I moved it up...I thought I PMed this to you last night.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Nah, you got me confused with the dude below. But, on his behalf: thanks! Also, on my behalf, thanks! Been looking for a crazy deal on SS3 so splitting this pack with a CAG'er allowed me to effectively get it for $5 + $1 for the DLC. Can't beat that!

[quote name='Dev518']Ughh. I'm going to be driving home tomorrow so I'll miss out on Serious Sam.[/QUOTE]

Well, I just had to pick that up. I already own the First and Second Encounter games and Double D, if anyone wants, PM me and we'll work something out.

Now you know what's going to happen next if THQ is any indication? Seriously Humble Bundle.*

*Yeah, yeah, some Sam games were already in a flash Indie Royale. But... SS3 beat the average with FE, SE, 2, Random, and Double D as the base games? Then SS3 and SE DLC added as bonuses? Wouldn't shock me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back