Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RedGamer']Will there be more Darksiders Franchise Pack key's avaialble?

I was going to buy[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's coming back Christmas day (note, only the 25th)

I contacted Amazon about the issue with ARMA II. Not sure if it's going to be put back down to $17 but he said he would pass it along.

Steam still has it for $17 too.

I think my New Year's resolution will be that until I get through half of my backlog, no more game purchases unless they are either at most $5 out-of-pocket or one of Tony's awesome bundles that works out to under $5 per game.

We'll see if it can survive Bioshock Infinite!

I'm interested in Max Payne 3. Is there any reason to buy the steam version over the non steam version since the game doesn't support steamworks?

So Tony, no sweat if this question is out of bounds, or if the answer is TBD, but: X-COM is currently $20 at GameFly. Amazon doesn't match them, I know, but I'd prefer to buy from you. So is there any way to know whether X-COM will be $25 or less on Amazon sometime in January?

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^
I believe Amazon carries BOTH a non-STEAM and STEAM version of MP3

Amazon matches Gamefly, they just don't match coupons.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's the reason I ask. Unlike most games steam doesn't seem to add anything of value to Max Payne 3 since it doesn't support steamworks. Well that is how I see but I don't own the game so if there is some benefit to having this game on steam other than just having on my steam list then I would like to know.

[quote name='jester55']I agree with you totally, but sadly I do not see a price match happening. There is no one SKU for the Dawn of War Franchise pack at Amazon. The games included in the franchise pack are spread across several SKUs at Amazon.

I am not doubting Tony's magic - I hope I am wrong! :)[/QUOTE]

Well, everything in Darksiders Franchise Pack on Amazon DVG contained separate keys.

Sorry I misread it.
The STEAM version has the same DRM the non-STEAM version has [I believe Gameshield and RS Social Club]. Virtually no difference in other features.

There seems to be a machine limit, but no one knows how many:
http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List
http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/showthread.php/2032-ProjectRYG-2.0-RYG-Evaluation-Max-Payne-3

IMO, I would get the STEAM version [if it's the same price], would make installing easier. I have LA Noire [non-STEAM; same DRM as MP3], and I had a positive experience; so can't go wrong with either version.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Sorry I misread it.
The STEAM version has the same DRM the non-STEAM version has [I believe Gameshield and RS Social Club]. Virtually no difference in other features.

There seems to be a machine limit, but no one knows how many:
http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List
http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/showthread.php/2032-ProjectRYG-2.0-RYG-Evaluation-Max-Payne-3

IMO, I would get the STEAM version [if it's the same price], would make installing easier. I have LA Noire [non-STEAM; same DRM as MP3], and I had a positive experience; so can't go wrong with either version.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget - Steam version places the Steam DRM on top of the other 2 DRM's (GameShield & RSC).

EDIT:
[quote name='Zin_LG']I'm interested in Max Payne 3. Is there any reason to buy the steam version over the non steam version since the game doesn't support steamworks?[/QUOTE]
See my above reason - less DRM layers if you go Non-Steam. You'd have to use Raptr, XFire, or something else if you want to say time-track.
You could always add that as a NON-STEAM GAME over Steam, so you can take screenies and see your Steam Friends.
I do that w/ most Non-Steam games.

Though, if you do love Steam and its features (time-tracking, auto-updates, easy installs), you might want it there.

Your call.

[quote name='MysterD']Don't forget - Steam version places the Steam DRM on top of the other 2 DRM's (GameShield & RSC).[/QUOTE]

And yet no one ever considers that to be hawt DRM-on-DRM action. >.>

[quote name='sixheavens']I contacted Amazon about the issue with ARMA II. Not sure if it's going to be put back down to $17 but he said he would pass it along.

Steam still has it for $17 too.[/QUOTE]

I fixed this before I left this morning, not sure what happened. I'll get on it now. It'll be fixed soon.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I fixed this before I left this morning, not sure what happened. I'll get on it now. It'll be fixed soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Tony's here!

You should take some time off for the holidays. Isn't that what hamsters are for?

Hamsters.jpg

RING THAT BELL YOU LITTLE BASTARDS!!

[quote name='nategator']Tony's here!

You should take some time off for the holidays. Isn't that what hamsters are for?

Hamsters.jpg

RING THAT BELL YOU LITTLE BASTARDS!![/QUOTE]

Lol, I'm on and off, I've got a developer online right now fixing the pricing issue. I need to go back through and summarize all your questions to answer, but that might not happen until tonight or tomorrow.

I don't think I've missed anything urgent though.

For those trying to PM me, I'm clearing my inbox shortly. If something is urgent, PM me.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol, I'm on and off, I've got a developer online right now fixing the pricing issue. I need to go back through and summarize all your questions to answer, but that might not happen until tonight or tomorrow.

I don't think I've missed anything urgent though.

For those trying to PM me, I'm clearing my inbox shortly. If something is urgent, PM me.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Cool, in case I don't get the chance later Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas!

[quote name='Idiotekque']If anyone doesn't have the Nippon DLC for Magicka, I bought it just for a promo code and didn't realize I already had it.

2KVDI-ZV33H-BC36T[/QUOTE]

I ninja teh code.

Thanks!

[quote name='kataztrophik']Amazon won't price match coupons[/QUOTE]

It'd be cool if they did, though... ;)

[quote name='forthenguyen']The Walking Dead is $10 on Gamefly, is there any chance of a PM?[/QUOTE]
Well, it's $12.49 on Gamefly, before the coupon...
That could be matched, if Tony and Amazon greenlighted it...

I'm waiting to see if Walking Dead goes on sale cheap during EC 2012 sale, since it's listed there...

[quote name='MysterD']It'd be cool if they did, though... ;)[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I was just hoping to clear some questions off Tony's plate; he does enough for us already :)

[quote name='kataztrophik']Indeed, I was just hoping to clear some questions off Tony's plate; he does enough for us already :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude, you rock.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='kataztrophik']Amazon won't price match coupons[/QUOTE]

Ah, that's too bad. I have a bit of Amazon credit and trying to keep my actual cash spending at a minimum. It seems that everyone else is beating Steam in deals lately.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks dude, you rock.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

If Kataztrophik is rock...
Who's paper?
And who's scissors?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I fixed this before I left this morning, not sure what happened. I'll get on it now. It'll be fixed soon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tony. I'd rather buy from Amazon.

EDIT: Just bought it for 17. Thanks again.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Indeed, I was just hoping to clear some questions off Tony's plate; he does enough for us already :)[/QUOTE]

I think the question now is...
What kind of food is on Tony's plate? ;)

[quote name='MysterD']I think the question now is...
What kind of food is on Tony's plate? ;)[/QUOTE]

Clearly fried questions with inquiry gravy served on a bed of steamed requests

[quote name='kataztrophik']Clearly fried questions with inquiry gravy served on a bed of steamed requests[/QUOTE]

And sometimes, the origin of their ingredients is well documented...and activated.

Im pretty sure I know the answer but I want to be sure, Dead Island GOTY's description says Steam activation required so that means it comes with a steam key? and I can buy 4 copies and give the keys to friends to activate on steam?

[quote name='who77']Im pretty sure I know the answer but I want to be sure, Dead Island GOTY's description says Steam activation required so that means it comes with a steam key? and I can buy 4 copies and give the keys to friends to activate on steam?[/QUOTE]

That is correct, you will get 4 separate steam keys from amazon in your amazon order page. You will have to do 4 different transactions though.

[quote name='tham1988']sorry if it has already been covered,
but is there any hope of a deal on the borderlands 2 season pass?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly from a couple days ago, he said there wouldn't be.

[quote name='heroes159']Anyone knows Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (NA) , Rage (NA) version means.. is it north america. I activated it on steam. it activated fine.. But im scared now.. is N/A means its region locked ????
[/QUOTE]

NA = North America and most of the time (NA) tagged game keys are not locked but you have to google for each game.

My brother bought me Skyrim retail disc from that Toys R Us $10 sale and gave me the key, it was NA but activated fine and the game ran fine. On the other hand Dead Island NA keys and Inversion NCSA (North, Central, South America) are locked

This is a good source to check games lock status:

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/

And please guys, we all know that Amazon only sells Digital Game Downloads to the USA, so asking whether the games are locked or not is not really a good idea. We can however discuss that in another thread, not Amazon DVG one

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Just noticed the Arkham GOTY bundle. Will definitely be buying that, and trading in my PS3 copies for ~$21[/QUOTE]
Yea it's a pretty good price

[quote name='Genocidal']Your best bet is to use the 30% off code at GMG and pick it up for $21.[/QUOTE]

this coupon is single use and works for anything?

[quote name='tham1988']this coupon is single use and works for anything?[/QUOTE]

No and no. (Well, it's not supposed to work on anything.)

[quote name='Neuro5i5']No and no. (Well, it's not supposed to work on anything.)[/QUOTE]

thank you i checked out the green man gaming thread looks like i need to buy sleeping dogs then borderlands 2 season pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back