Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tham1988']thank you i checked out the green man gaming thread looks like i need to buy sleeping dogs then borderlands 2 season pass[/QUOTE]

thanks for the help
this was a success!

[quote name='jwk94']Would it be possible for us to get a price match on Portal 2? Steam has it for $9.99[/QUOTE]

Gamefly has it for $4.99. If you're going to pricematch this game, pricematch Gamefly's price! :p

EDIT: that said, I don't think Amazon carries Portal 2 LOL

[quote name='kataztrophik']Gamefly has it for $4.99. If you're going to pricematch this game, pricematch Gamefly's price! :p

EDIT: that said, I don't think Amazon carries Portal 2 LOL[/QUOTE]

Crazy that Amazon does not but Origin does.

The DD market makes no damn sense sometimes.

[quote name='nategator']Crazy that Amazon does not but Origin does.

The DD market makes no damn sense sometimes.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the only reason Origin has it on their store is because EA handled all the distribution of the physical copies. They don't have Portal 2 available for download; Steam did all the digital distribution (obviously)

[quote name='who77']Im pretty sure I know the answer but I want to be sure, Dead Island GOTY's description says Steam activation required so that means it comes with a steam key? and I can buy 4 copies and give the keys to friends to activate on steam?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='JostVice']Anyone can confirm if L.A. Noire complete edition steam is region locked? :)[/QUOTE]

Quoted, maybe anyone can help.

Also, Arma II Combioned Operations is not steam, is it?

[quote name='Metroidman']Any change of getting a price match of XCom for $20?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure (not 100%, maybe 95%) that it wasn't matched the last time because they don't match deals that you get with a one time only coupon code. They might get it down to $25 (or $20 still might be one of the deals they are still negotiating). Still, if you haven't heard anything by the time the deal is about to end, you may want to grab it at gamefly.

Ok, something extremely strange just happened right now. I got an email (2 hours ago) from Amazon customer support saying they price adjusted Hitman Absolution because of a recent price change...

Thing is...

I didn't order Hitman Absolution at all. I checked through my paypal and bank account recent charges and nothing about Hitman (or anything I didn't order for that matter). So I didn't order Hitman for sure, however I do in fact have the $10 applied to my account. I checked with a test order, but didn't order.

I was wondering if anyone else got something like this? Either this is a christmas miracle, or I'm going crazy. Of course I'll be ok with doing the right thing and returning the $10... but of course I'll have at least an ounce of regret.

When does the Air Mech promo start? I would like to take advantage of that so I'm holding off buying until it does.

I also have a question about Uplay. Is it like GFWL with it's features just being built into the games, or is it like Steam/Origin where they give us a key to register to the client? I have AC2 on Steam, but it seems like GFWL with all features built in.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Ugh sucks Borderlands 2 Season Pass won't go lower than the $21, doesn't look like Steam is going to offer it either. May have to bite.[/QUOTE]

>buy sleeping dogs on GMG for $12 with GMG30-DPLIM-DN831, get $6 GMG credit
>then buy Season Pass, use GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 and the $6 GMG credit for $15

kthxbye

[quote name='Metroidman']I dont' know when the Gamefly sale ends. I'll wait for a word from Tony[/QUOTE]

See below. Relevant part highlighted for emphasis.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI i know a lot of you have been asking about Gamefly PMs, as with all of the PM requests, if you don't hear back from me and the deal looks too good to pass up...jump on it, we'll have all the titles you're talking about on sale over the holiday but:

1. We don't match coupons/flash sales
2. We don't match international retailers at all

I'll be updating the OP next week with holiday deals but I'll include some sneak peaks as the days go on. Example, we'll have Lego Lord of the Rings for 75% off at one point, likely close to Christmas.

Cheers,
Tony
Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='juanjava']So, no match from Amazon on the DoW franchise? I want to grab this, but if Amazon match it, I'll go with Amazon[/QUOTE]

They don't even have the DOW Franchise pack so it would have to be created and they'd have to get the keys from THQ for a single key for the entire pack because if they could handle distributing 20 or 30 keys in one pack we'd have the 1C pack by now.

Then people would complain that they didn't get individual keys.

Tl;DR if you want X-COM for $20 right now get it from Gamefly. If you want all DOW games with all DLC for $10 now get it from Steam.

[quote name='motoki']see below. Relevant part highlighted for emphasis.

They don't even have the dow franchise pack so it would have to be created and they'd have to get the keys from thq for a single key for the entire pack because if they could handle distributing 20 or 30 keys in one pack we'd have the 1c pack by now.

Then people would complain that they didn't get individual keys.

Tl;dr if you want x-com for $20 right now get it from gamefly. If you want all dow games with all dlc for $10 now get it from steam.[/quote]

qft.

[quote name='Motoki']
They don't even have the DOW Franchise pack so it would have to be created and they'd have to get the keys from THQ for a single key for the entire pack because if they could handle distributing 20 or 30 keys in one pack we'd have the 1C pack by now.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Will grab it then. Last Standalone was awesome, and with all the DLC...

[quote name='option.iv']Ok, something extremely strange just happened right now. I got an email (2 hours ago) from Amazon customer support saying they price adjusted Hitman Absolution because of a recent price change...

Thing is...

I didn't order Hitman Absolution at all. I checked through my paypal and bank account recent charges and nothing about Hitman (or anything I didn't order for that matter). So I didn't order Hitman for sure, however I do in fact have the $10 applied to my account. I checked with a test order, but didn't order.

I was wondering if anyone else got something like this? Either this is a christmas miracle, or I'm going crazy. Of course I'll be ok with doing the right thing and returning the $10... but of course I'll have at least an ounce of regret.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, but I think the reference to Hitman was just a typo. Your old order number should be referenced in the email, mine was for a recently placed order of Black Ops 2 download. That also recently dropped in price, so maybe they are just doing this proactively for some recent titles that were purchased at full price?

i want to bite on that hitman absolution bit im hoping that steam will have far cry 3 on sale so i could get that... >.>
you guys think i should just pick up hitman anyway, is it worth it to any stealth game fans out there?

[quote name='Metroidman']So does this mean no XCom?[/QUOTE]

No we'll have a sale on XCOM, and it will be better than what Steam is offering right now.

We just don't have the final price locked down yet, so if $20 sounds awesome, go get it :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This makes me sad :(. Sorry guys.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I shall await thy return with news of 'impact deals!' (And don't apologize for not being here 24/7, people are entitled to lives... but only during the Holidays!)

[quote name='option.iv']Ok, something extremely strange just happened right now. I got an email (2 hours ago) from Amazon customer support saying they price adjusted Hitman Absolution because of a recent price change...

Thing is...

I was wondering if anyone else got something like this? Either this is a christmas miracle, or I'm going crazy. Of course I'll be ok with doing the right thing and returning the $10... but of course I'll have at least an ounce of regret.[/QUOTE]

lol wow. I'm still waiting to hear anything back about my $10 credit and I actually got the game :lol: Since you got a notification, it at least looks like I should be hearing something relatively soon about it. Time to start checking the e-mail.

[quote name='Mooby']I shall await thy return with news of 'impact deals!' (And don't apologize for not being here 24/7, people are entitled to lives... but only during the Holidays!)[/QUOTE]

Wait you don't see any impact deals in what's already listed?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Someone asked this a few pages back and I'd like to know too. Tony?[/QUOTE]

You know, I have no idea.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Wait you don't see any impact deals in what's already listed?
[/QUOTE]

Oh, of course there are I was just referring to where you said more would be coming the closer we got to Christmas.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Someone asked this a few pages back and I'd like to know too. Tony?[/QUOTE]

yes it stacks, i bought 4 games while the promotion was going on so in total i got 60 days of premium

[quote name='Fluxy']yes it stacks, i bought 4 games while the promotion was going on so in total i got 60 days of premium[/QUOTE]
You've already tried? Cuz I'll stock on up tiny games if that's the case. >_> I'm having a lot of fun with APBR.

[quote name='xplocvo']Same thing happened to me, but I think the reference to Hitman was just a typo. Your old order number should be referenced in the email, mine was for a recently placed order of Black Ops 2 download. That also recently dropped in price, so maybe they are just doing this proactively for some recent titles that were purchased at full price?[/QUOTE]
I think you're right. The order number points back to my pre order of black ops 2 deluxe edition. Well, thanks Amazon ;)

I gotta impact deal:

Spec Ops + Max Payne 3 for $10

In January

EDIT: Now that you stopped laughing -- you may want to consider bundling those two titles for people looking for nontraditional FPS.

[quote name='Larce80']whats an 'impact deal'?[/QUOTE]

One to which you can't say no.

@Tony
I can't speak for everyone, but IMO, there are some really awesome deals in there, it's just that, from what I can gather from comments around the net, and this is not about Amazon only but to digital downloads in general:

People have too many games already, this causes some problem, apathy to sales due to behemoth backlogs, people wanting insane deals because are not interested in paying X amount to add more to that back log, and, people wanting newer games only, with really big discounts, due to the reasons above, newer games with big discounts is something which has been kinda lacking on these sales, although, there still a long way to go.

One final remark, Amazon's approach to packs is good, most of the time, but some times you risk ending with several copies of a single game because you want a single game but the only way to get it at the desired discount is purchasing a pack that carries 3 more games you already have.

And if you have a huge backlog of games your interest in getting more copies of the same games can be close to 0.

Anyway, I just want to say thanks for all you do for the people that frequent this thread, it wouldn't be the same without you.

Best Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back