Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Posting this in a couple of the communities I work in...because it is that awesome.

I'm watching "The Words" right now:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Words-Dennis-Quaid/dp/B00A95Q7SK/

This is the best movie I've seen in years. If you even mildly enjoyed Finding Forrester your face will melt off when you watch this movie.

If you haven't seen it, go watch it...right now. Put it on in the background while you're playing something or whatever. This is amazing.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Guys,

Posting this in a couple of the communities I work in...because it is that awesome.

I'm watching "The Words" right now:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Words-Dennis-Quaid/dp/B00A95Q7SK/

This is the best movie I've seen in years. If you even mildly enjoyed Finding Forrester your face will melt off when you watch this movie.

If you haven't seen it, go watch it...right now. Put it on in the background while you're playing something or whatever. This is amazing.[/QUOTE]

Jeremy Irons? It MUST be a great movie... didn't heard about this film... thanks! Will watch tomorrow with my wife

[quote name='nategator']I gotta impact deal:

Spec Ops + Max Payne 3 for $10

In January

EDIT: Now that you stopped laughing -- you may want to consider bundling those two titles for people looking for nontraditional FPS.[/QUOTE]

Two different publishers makes it pretty unlikely.

In January

EDIT: Now that you stopped laughing -- you may want to consider bundling those two titles for people looking for nontraditional FPS.[/QUOTE]

Actually, those are TPS's - THIRD Person Shooters.
The camera is NOT seen through the protagonist's eyes.
In Spec Ops and Max Payne, it's BEHIND the protagonist.

FPS = player sees through the protagonist's eyes; a la Doom, Rage, Quake, etc.

[quote name='MysterD']Actually, those are TPS's - THIRD Person Shooters.
The camera is NOT seen through the protagonist's eyes.
In Spec Ops and Max Payne, it's BEHIND the protagonist.

FPS = player sees through the protagonist's eyes; a la Doom, Rage, Quake, etc.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. Thanks for making my point even better!

In January

Those are *such* nontraditional first person shooters they're THIRD. Tony hasn't bundled games from two different publishers before so don't bet on it.

[quote name='pantsattack']Wouldn't it be Take Two owning Rockstar and 2K?[/QUOTE]

Accurate.

Also,

This is my dog that lives with my mom in Florida. She is awesome, her name is Renee. I wish Paddy and her could be friends:

eg22x1.jpg

332tcvt.jpg

apbszo.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

Tony quick question, what is the difference between the Max Payne Season Pass and Rockstar Pass? Is one of them for Steam and the other for Retail? (I need the one for retail :D)

[quote name='Duckvader']Tony quick question, what is the difference between the Max Payne Season Pass and Rockstar Pass? Is one of them for Steam and the other for Retail? (I need the one for retail :D)[/QUOTE]

Rockstar Pass is the retail one.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='pantsattack']Wouldn't it be Take Two owning Rockstar and 2K?[/QUOTE]

Now that we got the irrelevant stuff out the way, the basic points still stand:

1. Max Payne 3 & Spec Ops are owned by the same corporate entity so they can be bundled.

2. As they are TPS issued around the same time and are pretty much played out at their respective price tiers, it makes sense to bundle them aggressively in January...as an Editor's Choice :applause:

Sorry I didn't know they were TPS's. You see, I don't actually own them which is why I asked for them to be bundled.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Accurate.

Also,

This is my dog that lives with my mom in Florida. She is awesome, her name is Renee. I wish Paddy and her could be friends:

[/QUOTE]
Let them Skype w/ each other so they can bark at/talk with each other!

[quote name='nategator']Now that we got the irrelevant stuff out the way, the basic points still stand:

1. Max Payne 3 & Spec Ops are owned by the same corporate entity so they can be bundled.

2. As they are TPS issued around the same time and are pretty much played out at their respective price tiers, it makes sense to bundle them aggressively in January...as an Editor's Choice :applause:

Sorry I didn't know they were TPS's. You see, I don't actually own them which is why I asked for them to be bundled.[/QUOTE]

Your #1 is off.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Your #1 is off.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Take-2 is the parent company of 2K Games.
2K Game is a subsidiary (to Take 2).

Take-2 publishes Rockstar's games; meanwhile 2K published Spec Ops: The Line.

[quote name='MysterD']Take-2 is the parent company of 2K Games.
2K Game is a subsidiary (to Take 2).

Take-2 publishes Rockstar's games; meanwhile 2K published Spec Ops: The Line.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that wasn't my point, sorry, I articulated this poorly. I was just saying that many parent companies leave decisions like what products are bundled with what in the hands of the individual companies.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']What I was saying was, that not all parent companies hand down mandates from on high. Many allow each entity to remain autonomy over things like branding, pricing, content, and bundling.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Right.
I thought that was what I just explained?

2K published Spec Ops, not Take 2.
Take 2 published Max Payne 3, not 2K.

EDIT:
Just b/c Take-2 owns 2K, doesn't mean 2K doesn't publish games of their own, too. 2K's a subsidiary!

[quote name='MysterD']Right.
I thought that was what I just explained?

2K published Spec Ops, not Take 2.
Take 2 published Max Payne 3, not 2K.[/QUOTE]

Ah I didn't understand what you were saying.

Edit: Take 2 published both FYI.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, that wasn't my point, sorry, I articulated this poorly. I was just saying that many parent companies leave decisions like what products are bundled with what in the hands of the individual companies.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That's kinda dumb that sister corps wouldn't be willing to have their games bundled, but I'll take your word for it.

The way things are going it's not like I'll have a problem buying those games for around $5 a piece next year anyways from Amazon or GMG and I'm in no rush to play em. Just wanted to throw out a bundle suggestion since the last two sales I haven't found one yet that met my gaps in ownership.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah, that wasn't my point, sorry, I articulated this poorly. I was just saying that many parent companies leave decisions like what products are bundled with what in the hands of the individual companies.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

i'm guessing especially when one of the individual companies is rockstar

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Are we talking about parent companies letting publishers make decisions on bundles? Or Developers? Or can both?

Are you saying Take-2 lets 2K decide what 2K wants to bundle together?
Or are you saying Take-2 lets Rockstar (a developer) a decide what to bundle together?
Or both...?

[quote name='nategator']That's kinda dumb that sister corps wouldn't be willing to have their games bundled, but I'll take your word for it.

The way things are going it's not like I'll have a problem buying those games for around $5 a piece next year anyways from Amazon or GMG and I'm in no rush to play em. Just wanted to throw out a bundle suggestion since the last two sales I haven't found one yet that met my gaps in ownership.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestions :). I'm not making any reference to this particular suggestion either. I just get leery whenever I see people make broad, sweeping, statements like "One company owns both pieces of content so surely they can be bundled".

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='MysterD']Are we talking about publishers? Developers? Both?

Are you saying Take-2 lets 2K decide what 2K wants to bundle together?
Or are you saying Take-2 lets Rockstar (a developer) a decide what to bundle together?
Or both...?[/QUOTE]

Developers make games, publishers bring them to market.

Take 2 is a publisher
2K is a developer
Rockstar is a developer

some studios are both.

See my previous reply. I'm not referencing this particular suggestion. I get leery of statements that indicate that parent ownership automatically means that the publisher (parent) just dictates whatever they want, because this isn't the case (and it is a good thing IMO).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks for the suggestions :). I'm not making any reference to this particular suggestion either. I just get leery whenever I see people make broad, sweeping, statements like "One company owns both pieces of content so surely they can be bundled".

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Need this quote as well

See my previous reply. I'm not referencing this particular suggestion. I get leery of statements that indicate that parent ownership automatically means that the publisher (parent) just dictates whatever they want, because this isn't the case (and it is a good thing IMO).

Gotcha, and good point. I tend to do that myself (assume that the devs are controlled by the same parent management) when I'm sure that they have a lot more leeway in decision making unless there is a big screw up.

Regardless, I'll never believe that EA has not done a Borg-like assimilation of Bioware ;)

Less confusing question: Any chance we see Sacred 2 Gold on Amazon since Deep Silver (pre-existing relationship) is the new publisher?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Developers make games, publishers bring them to market.

Take 2 is a publisher
2K is a developer
Rockstar is a developer

some studios are both.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Wait - I thought 2K does both develop and publish?

Rofl, I am never suggesting another bundle again.

My bad all -- offering the suggestion of a Max Payne 3 & Spec Ops bundle was a terrible idea that should be resigned to the ash heap along with New Coke and building the PS3 to have a starting price of $500 in 2006.

[quote name='MysterD']Wait - I thought 2K does both develop and publish?[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure here, but maybe that is accurate, it is also possible that they self publish stuff in other regions, thus the "global" qualifier in your Wikipedia link.

This is another example of what I'm talking about though, which is that, even with a parent company, there's a ton of room for autonomy.

Cheers,
Tony

Good price on Blacklight Tango Down. Especially with $5 coupon + the APB promotion.

The game doesn't have amazing reviews, and the community is probably dead, but I'll try it for a buck.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Who's on first...[/QUOTE]

LOL.

[quote name='nategator']Rofl, I am never suggesting another bundle again.[/QUOTE]

I know you're kidding but I'm obligated to say please continue to suggest bundles. Your brain children are very helpful around here :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Idiotekque']Good price on Blacklight Tango Down. Especially with $5 coupon + the APB promotion.

The game doesn't have amazing reviews, and the community is probably dead, but I'll try it for a buck.[/QUOTE]

Let me know how it is, I'm interested in trying it out too.

Cheers,
Tony

2k most certainly publishes. The game in question, Spec Ops was not made by 2k or a studio they own. Least last I heard Yager hadn't been acquired.

[quote name='BrownDerby']It'd be less confusing if Take-Two and Two-Kay didn't have the same name.[/QUOTE]

2K was the name of the sports games series that the Sega division Visual Concepts made.
Of course, Take-2 rebranded Visual Concepts into 2K Games.

Of course, 2K has gone on and become a developer & publisher; and also has sub-divisions.

[quote name='Corpekata']2k most certainly publishes. The game in question, Spec Ops was not made by 2k or a studio they own. Least last I heard Yager hadn't been acquired.[/QUOTE]

Yager Games surely did a hell of a job w/ Spec Ops: The Line's SP portion.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Let me know how it is, I'm interested in trying it out too.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Will do. The atmosphere gets a lot of praise, while the gameplay seems extremely similar to MW2/3 (a blessing and a curse). I'm mostly interested in the deep weapon customization.

I remember trying it on Xbox 360 when it was in beta. Wasn't bad, but it's hard to remember my experience, so that may say something.

In any case, installing it now.

I know you're kidding but I'm obligated to say please continue to suggest bundles. Your brain children are very helpful around here :).

Cheers,
Tony

Lol, no worries Tony.

Like I could ever stay away from posting on this thread ;)

[quote name='Idiotekque']Good price on Blacklight Tango Down. Especially with $5 coupon + the APB promotion.

The game doesn't have amazing reviews, and the community is probably dead, but I'll try it for a buck.[/QUOTE]

I remember when I bought Blacklight: TD from G4WL for 99 cents, long ago - hehe.
NEVER DL'ed it or installed it.

I don't know if anyone is playing it, now...especially since Blacklight: Retribution (which is F2P) is now out.

[quote name='MysterD']I remember when I bought Blacklight: TD from G4WL for 99 cents, long ago - hehe.
NEVER DL'ed it or installed it.

I don't know if anyone is playing it, now...especially since Blacklight: Retribution (which is F2P) is now out.[/QUOTE]
Well, I was looking for cheap stuff to buy for APB promo anyways, so oh well. Although... is Retribution F2P, or P2W?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Well, I was looking for cheap stuff to buy for APB promo anyways, so oh well. Although... is Retribution F2P, or P2W?[/QUOTE]

I...don't know, since I have not tried Retribution.

Is it possible to see a reduction in price on Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition? It's gotten down to $4.99 in past sales, and was $4.99 on Steam recently. Thanks in advance! Also, during the Thanksgiving sale, Test Drive Unlimited 1 was said to be on sale; however, when I followed the link to the page it said it wasn't available. Is this something that is coming soon, because I remember it being listed in the sales here. Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back