Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ceron']Does the THQ email contain a code or is it automatically applied with no need to open the email? I've purchased a few things published by THQ this year and haven't gotten an email about the THQ code yet.[/QUOTE]

He said it'll probably take all of today (24th) to backfill the codes.

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']Go to your orders. Click on Your Game Library. It'll have your Steam key there.[/QUOTE]

Yah I know that but the steam key isn't there at all.

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']Go to your orders. Click on Your Game Library. It'll have your Steam key there.[/QUOTE]

Checked earlier, my steam key isn't there.

here's what i see

GQdBf.png

[quote name='jwk94']Checked earlier, my steam key isn't there.

here's what i see

GQdBf.png
[/QUOTE]You must go to your Games and Software Library. It should be under Digital Content in your account. A product code or activation key is there. Click to reveal it.
Nvm. Bastion is DRM free. No Steam key.

Just try downloading it. With some of the Steamworks games it has you download a small exe file that when you run it takes you to a page with a Steam key.

Well never mind. That solves that. I thought I remembered it said at some point in the past that Amazon's version of Bastion wasn't Steam but then I went to the page and saw Steam and figured I was wrong. Guess I remembered correctly after all.

Hey guys,

Bastion was a typo. If you bought it because of the Steam DRM listing contact CS and they will get you sorted.

Our version is the DRM free version.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Motoki']Just try downloading it. With some of the Steamworks games it has you download a small exe file that when you run it takes you to a page with a Steam key.[/QUOTE]

Yup I know about that too and nope just downloads the game no cd key or anything

[quote name='Ceron']Does the THQ email contain a code or is it automatically applied with no need to open the email? I've purchased a few things published by THQ this year and haven't gotten an email about the THQ code yet.[/QUOTE]

It says it'll be automatically applied.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys,

Bastion was a typo. If you bought it because of the Steam DRM listing contact CS and they will get you sorted.

Our version is the DRM free version.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh ok cool It's all good was just curious :)

Tony... Can you make a nice DLC pack for the ones who bought Batman Arkham City on the past?. Maybe a "Batman AC upgrade to GOTY pack". That would be GREAT

Thanks!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']My niece is watching me work and said "what are you doing?" I responded with "talking to my friends". Her response "OH! Can I say hi?"

With that, here is her message:

aqqqyjiop[]\';lkkkjjjhgggfdsaasdfghjkl;'wertyuioooopppppppppppppppppppmnbvcxz.
]';[PJYUTGRDSFRTSZDFYGFDSYTDSTYU7TDE76RT7XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXX
CCVCXVXCGFHJUIYGFTRDFTYUTR78643567453567CVCBNBM,.GHJUGUYFRTGYTRTYTRTYFRHGFGHYSWEREAQWEDSGTF
XXXXZZZZQQQQEEEEEEAAARRRGGGGVVVVVVLLTTRTRTRLLLGGHGGGHHHHHHHHJJJJJHHHHHYYYYUUUUUERREETRRRTRTRTRTRTR
55555`1234567890-
xcvbnm,.;lkuytyu78i6ty78765r45676543e45643w2e3456zxcvbnm,.asdfghjkl;

You all can request autographs when she wins the Pulitzer.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Reads better than 90% of what passes through my inbox. I thought "lkuytyu78i6ty" was particularly pithy.

[quote name='BrownDerby']Could I buy the Bioshock dual pack now and still get the 2K coupon? Or is it like "every customer in 2012 before today"[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know this as well.

Tony?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You won't miss anything :).

AGAIN NOTE: I am in the process of getting everyone who purchased titles from these publishers in 2012 these promo codes. It will likely take the balance of 12/24 to do so.

Here are the details. Just tested everything except 2K (which I have to wait until tomorrow to test):

2K will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital 2K products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $9.99) to every customer who purchased a 2K product in 2012. Coupons can be used from 12/26-12/31
[/QUOTE]

Great, so technically I get the Bioshock dual pack for free since I was waiting tomorrow to grab the 2k strategy and the total war bundle pack.

I signed up here just to say thanks to Tony, and the community in this forum.

Tony, can I use the Ubisoft Coupon for Ass Creed 2 Del, since 4.9975 > than 4.99 ?

Will use the 2K Coupon for the Desert To Sea Pack, not sure what to with the THQ Coupon yet (maybe SR3 Season Pass if it's valid for that) and don't see anything from EA that I am interested in what I don't already have :whistle2:/

:edit:

just received a few emails confirming the coupon code. More then one were about Ubisoft though, is this correct ? I thought they were one for each publisher. I assume I will just receive one email for every purchase from every participating publisher.

[quote name='tham1988']oh DEFINITELY the desert to sea bundle
spec ops the line is absolutely amazing
fantastic story
duke nukem is significantly better than everyone makes it sound and borderlands is good but quite old now[/QUOTE]
Fix'd

If you were expecting Duke 3D-2 then you had the wrong expectations. Duke 3D is from the era of incredibly shallow gameplay in FPS games.

Find the keys!
Find the secrets!
Find the end of the level!

Rinse Repeat a few times

Boss Battle!

Start from step one again.

As much as I love Duke, it's absurd to say Duke 3D is classier/better than DNF by anything more than a little. The only real things that hamper DNF from being a good game is the Regen health and the weapon carry limit (Whoop de fucking do). Which aren't a HUGE deal. Sure, the pacing is broken and the game feels over too quickly once the ending rolls. But it is by no means a BAD game.

I had an incredible amount of fun playing it. And plan on playing it again more than once.

/my 2 cents. Been playing Duke since Duke II on DOS

I think this is more of a nostalgia goggles problem.

This usually happens when people play things when they are younger and they put shit up on a pedestal and measure things up to a degree which they shouldn't.

Hey, Tony.

Not sure you saw the requests for a Shoot Many Robots price match. Just wondering if you could confirm a match, so I can decide where to purchase. Thanks for all the great deals!

[quote name='srk-mac']

Tony,

Any chance of a PM with Gamestop for Shoot Many Robots? They're currently listing it at 2.49.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W3115
http://www.amazon.com/Shoot-Many-Rob...ot+many+robots

Btw, thanks for all of the great deals this season. I'm checking Amazon more often than steam these days.
I think my message may have gotten lost in the shuffle. This thread fills up quickly. Guess that's what happens with so many great deals offered by you, Tony. :D

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Second the Shoot Many Robots price match! I'm going to buy one and I'd love to support Amazon. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

By the way, why is the Dungeon Siege Bundle more expensive in the planned sale than it is right now? (Currently $20 versus planned $22.49 12/24-12/26)
http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Dungeon-Bundle-Download/dp/B00APOVDG6?tag=cheapassgam08-20

On a side note, anyone who only needs the earlier 2 Dungeon Siege games on Steam (previously only available in the Steam bundle with Dungeon Siege 3), Amazon now carries those individually as well! I was so excited to see their listings and Steam tag after waiting for over around 2 years for this kind of option that I bought both and redeemed them just now. I'm probably going to start playing some of the first game now in celebration!

EDIT: Links may be broken due to affiliate additions for CAG. Just click on the normal bundle link and then click on the individual items you're interested in.

Dungeon Siege 1 Link: http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Dungeon-Siege-Download/dp/B009R56HP6/ref=dsvbl_item_1

Dungeon Siege 2 Link: http://www.amazon.com/Square-Enix-Dungeon-Siege-Download/dp/B009R56HP6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_dl_2

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']You won't miss anything :).

AGAIN NOTE: I am in the process of getting everyone who purchased titles from these publishers in 2012 these promo codes. It will likely take the balance of 12/24 to do so.

Here are the details. Just tested everything except 2K (which I have to wait until tomorrow to test):

1. 2K will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital 2K products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $9.99) to every customer who purchased a 2K product in 2012. Coupons can be used from 12/26-12/31
a. Recommended pairings (all of these activate on Steam):
i. 2K Mega Pack - $29.99 ($24.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Borderlands GOTY
4. Civ City: Rome
5. Duke Nukem Forever Complete (DNF + 2 DLCs)
6. Mafia II
7. Civilization V GOTY
8. Civilization IV Complete
9. The Stronghold Collection
ii. 2K Shooter Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Borderlands GOTY
4. Duke Nukem Forever Complete (DNF + 2 DLCs)
iii. 2K Strategy Pack - $19.99 ($14.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Civilization V GOTY
2. Civilization V Gods & Kings
3. Civilization IV Complete
4. The Stronghold Collection
iv. The WTF Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Borderlands GOTY
2. Duke Nukem Forever (not complete)
3. The Darkness II
v. The Desert to Sea Pack - $9.99 (4.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Bioshock
2. Bioshock 2
3. Spec Ops: The Line
2. Ubisoft will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital Ubisoft products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $4.99) to every customer who purchased a Ubisoft product in 2012. Coupons can on 12/25 only
a. Recommended pairings (none of these activate on Steam):
i. Assassin’s Creed Revelations - $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon)
ii. Assassin’s Creed Revelations Gold - $13.60 ($8.60 after coupon)
iii. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Deluxe - $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon)
3. Electronic Arts will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital EA products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $4.99) to every customer who purchased a EA product in 2012. Coupons can be used from 12/25 only
a. Recommended pairings (these will activate on Origin):
i. Mass Effect Trilogy - $29.99 ($24.99 after coupon) contains:
1. Mass Effect
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Mass Effect 3
ii. The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack - $13.49 ( $8.49 after coupon) contains:
1. Bulletstorm
2. Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
3. Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
4. Mirror’s Edge
5. The Saboteur
4. THQ will offer $5 coupons, good for PC Digital THQ products on sale at Amazon.com (greater than $4.99) to every customer who purchased a THQ product in 2012. Coupons can be used from 12/25 only. We’ll have the Tantalizing THQ Medley ($9.99 or $4.99 w/coupon) and the Darksiders II Franchise ($13.19) on sale again on 12/25 too, either would be a good pairing with this coupon.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Will you send e-mails with the coupons?
When will the price for Assassins Creedd Revelations drop?

by the way, I have just tried to answer these questions with the help of Amazon chat, and Timothy sais you don't work for Amazon, Toni.

Tony,

If by some odd reason you're not sleeping. Re: THQ promo, we need to purchase something today/24th/before the 25th to get the $5 THQ code, right? That is, if we wait until the 25th it won't work.

[quote name='manbar']Will you send e-mails with the coupons?
When will the price for Assassins Creedd Revelations drop?

by the way, I have just tried to answer these questions with the help of Amazon chat, and Timothy sais you don't work for Amazon, Toni.[/QUOTE]

Check first post to check when AC will be on sale. Coupon code will be automatically applied to your account. From the email:

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your purchase of a THQ Digital Video Game in 2012 from Amazon.com. THQ and Amazon would like to offer you a $5 credit towards any THQ Video Game Sold by Amazon.com and priced higher than $4.99 on 12/25/2012 only. To redeem your credit visit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000894321 purchase the game of your choice, and your credit will automatically be applied upon checkout. Note, credit may only be used once per customer and must be used on 12/25/2012 only.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The promotional credit must be used by December 25, 2012. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.[/FONT]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yep, you won't get an email until 12/25 but yeah it'll work.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

You mean I don't get the email but still get the coupon/credit or the credit will be available only by 12/25?

Just to be sure. Can I buy any 2K game or package by 12/25, and still get the $5 2K coupon? It's eligible for any 2K game of $9.99 or above or the packs you mentioned?

If so, the Bioshock Dual Package ($5) is technically free. I suspect you'll run out of Bioshock keys :lol:

[quote name='KBoom']It's eligible for any 2K game of $9.99 or above or the packs you mentioned?

If so, the Bioshock Dual Package ($5) is technically free. I suspect you'll run out of Bioshock keys :lol:[/QUOTE]

This doesn't make any sense. If it's only for 2K games over $9.99 how would you apply it to the Bioshock Bundle ($4.99) ?

[quote name='tjs09']So everyone's only getting coupons from a specific publisher? Because I got EA coupons for some reason.[/QUOTE]

I have got THQ, Ubisoft and EA mails so far.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']I bought the darksiders pack but I never got any 5$ coupon, where do we check for those?[/QUOTE]
I bought Darksiders pack too, would like to know if my purchase is eligible for the THQ $5 credit.

[quote name='lidl']This doesn't make any sense. If it's only for 2K games over $9.99 how would you apply it to the Bioshock Bundle ($4.99) ?[/QUOTE]
No. Not to apply it to the Bioshock Bundle.

My question is: if I purchase the Bioshock Bundle ($4.99), do I get a $5 credit towards any other 2K games/package on sale, that is priced at $9.99 or above, like the ones Tony mentioned.

Example: get the Bioshock Bundle > Get 2K $5 credit > Apply on 2K Strategy Super Pack ($19.99), puchase it for $14.99. In this case, technically the Bioshock Bundle was "free".

Hmm...
So basically, for Ubisoft, THQ, and EA we have a single day of PMs to hunt on unless you want something already from each publisher and can't see it get better. Man, if Steam only did that Saints Row 3 sale *tomorrow*....

while 2K will definitely be useful for PMs as it's over a much wider period of time.

Probably a question you can't answer, Tony, but I'll ask: There's nothing similar in the works for Warner Bros, is there?

[quote name='lidl']

I have got THQ, Ubisoft and EA mails so far.[/QUOTE]

I bought the THQ Medley pack and I didn't received anything, I bought it on the first day of the sale.
[quote name='lidl']This doesn't make any sense. If it's only for 2K games over $9.99 how would you apply it to the Bioshock Bundle ($4.99) ?
[/QUOTE]
It's the other way around, when you buy the bundle you get the 5$ discount for other games. So technically the Bioshock bundle is free

[quote name='KBoom']My question is: if I purchase the Bioshock Bundle ($4.99), do I get a $5 credit towards any other 2K games/package on sale, that is priced at $9.99 or above, like the ones Tony mentioned.

Example: get the Bioshock Bundle > Get 2K $5 credit > Apply on 2K Strategy Super Pack ($19.99), puchase it for $14.99. In this case, technically the Bioshock Bundle was "free".[/QUOTE]

Yes. Why do you even ask, just read the last few pages :lol:

[quote name='Stonekeep']I bought the THQ Medley pack and I didn't received anything, I bought it on the first day of the sale.[/QUOTE]

Patience. They are probably sent in the order of Order-Id.

So I bought;
AC2 for the Ubi
Stronghold Collection for 2k
Amalur for EA
THQ Medley for THQ

Should be set right? I've only got an email for the Ubi, the rest should be coming?

[quote name='DarkZero104']Man, if Steam only did that Saints Row 3 sale *tomorrow*....[/QUOTE]
That Steam price is still valid for ~30 hours, so the price should overlap unless Amazon cuts the price match early.

[quote name='lidl']Yes. Why do you even ask, just read the last few pages :lol:[/QUOTE]

It's that is sounded too good to be true.
But it's actually true :lol:

Amazon is rocking the Holiday Sales, again.
Didn't buy anything on Steam.

Congrats to Tony, they should pay him well ;)

[quote name='Stonekeep']The SR3 complete pack is cheaper now than tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

And SR3 isn't the only THQ product so... derp?

I got no emails yet (should get 2K and EA from earlier purchases) and my credits all show 0.00. Assuming Amazon doesn't raise the price for SR3 Complete, that price should last till Dec 25th since Steam has it on for another 30+ hours. I think that and Darksiders are probably the best deals.

Unfortunately, I have already or don't see anything I really want from 2k or EA that's there. I'd probably wait till ME set is < $15 for all 3.

Are there any cheap Ubisoft items? The lowest priced one I saw was 2.49 or so, but I didn't really want to deal with their client.

Still hoping there is eventually a Shogun 2 complete set with just all Shogun 2 and Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai stuff.

I'd probably pick up something from THQ.

Edit: Detruire beat me to the SR3 Complete mention

Man, I've purchased way more from Amazon this season than I have from Steam in a while. Clearly, one company wants my business and the other is getting a bit pudgy and lazy. ><

Tony, thanks so much for keeping us appraised of these amazing deals. Savings were enough that I could stick within budget and get my kid way more than expected (with a few bucks for a game for dad too--LOL)

CAG, you guys are the best!

I don't think I would even pay $2.50 for some cosmetics, which I can unlock by playing the game and gamebreaking DLC, that need 3rd party program to lock it.
I will get Season Pass for free.
I would pick up Darksiders complete, but after THQ announced bankrupcy, I see it hitting $7.50 or less quite soon.
At least sooner than I would install it.

Tony, it would be great if Batman Arkham city GOTY makes to the editor's choice list, so, with the coupon, it would be an easy upgrade to GOTY for the ones who bought it on standard edition

[quote name='juanjava']Tony, it would be great if Batman Arkham city GOTY makes to the editor's choice list, so, with the coupon, it would be an easy upgrade to GOTY for the ones who bought it on standard edition[/QUOTE]

I agree. Having bought the Amazon Batman pack with both games, I would like to get all of the DLC without having to pay an additional $7.49. I wouldn't mind paying $2.49, though.

[quote name='yangwenli']

Still hoping there is eventually a Shogun 2 complete set with just all Shogun 2 and Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai stuff.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe the Total War Grand Master Collection is gonna be on sale on the 28th...

Which company do I need to buy a game from to get 5$ towards Max Payne 3 by rockstar, would that be 2k? If so what is the cheapest 2k game since I own a bunch of em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back