Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='walkonshadows']Well, that sucks, I just bought the DSII pack, and would have used the credit on it had I known this was happening. I own damn near everything else that publisher credit can be applied to. Wasn't there talk about people getting pissed off when something was discounted even cheaper right after it went on sale? And, Tony said he was looking into maybe crediting people in a certain window (I remember he said he thought a month was fair) Well, what about when it happens in the same week?!? I mean seriously. I've learned to wait until the last day to buy something at Amazon, but to throw it back up on sale after the deal expired, inside of the same week it was on sale, and give a credit to be used against it also, combined with absolutely no warning or hint that this might happen. Tony.......you can do better. One of the reasons I own so many games and don't have much the credit can be applied to is because I've been a regular customer, and rabid follower of yours and this thread. I'm not alone as someone else already mentioned that they owned all the publishers catalog as well. This doesn't much feel like being rewarded for continued business. More like being trolled. Sorry, usually a fan, but this comes across as a dick move Tony.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people here run into this. I know I can't find an EA or 2k pack since I already have the stuff I want from the list. Maybe it's not from a few days ago, but I'm sure more than a handful is in the same shoes as you.

I really think their hands are sorta tied since if they want to generate revenue, they probably have to do a bit more to get the next batch of folks off the wall to buy something. One thing to also consider is Tony makes a decent effort to get better deals than Steam and most other places so faulting him for this or Amazon is a bit harsh I feel. We're all not happy when this happens, but the prices prior are pretty decent.

Maybe the best bet is to just hold off and have a very very small backlog since at the end of the day, the games can only get cheaper. Also, looking at the Steam trading thread, games I thought were cheap are even cheaper for sale. Most likely due to people having gift cards/trade ins so they are selling things from super sales even less. Sorta like people who got Sleeping dogs for $6 can sell it for that or around there or less than 9.99 for the DoW Pack.

That said, maybe like with buying stocks, maybe always have a buy list of stuff you won't play right away and just hold off until it comes with a crazy sale AND coupon or it's near free.

Only thing I can recommend since there's no benefit to have everything in your backlog since I'm sure someone out here has a key you might need if you need to play something right away.

Pretty sure Tony said it's a limit of one coupon per publisher purchase so even though people might get multiple codes there's a good chance you'll only be able to use one. I'm sure Tony will be able to confirm tomorrow.

I was really close to getting Scribblenauts on Steam for $20 last week. I'm glad I didn't. Picked up that and LEGO LOTR. Thanks Tony!

Here is a custom search for cheap games arranged by publisher
link

Edit: nothing for EA under $2 so you may have to spend a little more. I haven't tried any demos to see if maybe they might qualify, might be worth a try.

[quote name='Detruire']If only the KoA bundle was still on sale tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding!

I think I'm going to be down for a deal on AC:Rev, for sure.

Too bad about the $9.99 2K deal threshold. About the only thing of theirs I don't have is $4.99.

I don't think WB qualifies but I sure hope it does. But right now it seems that just Ubisoft, EA, THQ and 2K are the only publishers they are doing it for. Hopefully it is expanded to WB.

Wow I got a whole bunch of EA emails - probably due to the sale last January, which I remember to be kinda similar to this (money off next EA purchase and then the EA games turned out to be $0-$3)

[quote name='xRidley']I don't think WB qualifies but I sure hope it does. But right now it seems that just Ubisoft, EA, THQ and 2K are the only publishers they are doing it for. Hopefully it is expanded to WB.[/QUOTE]

Awww :cry: sad to hear. Scribblenauts from 2.50 with this credit would have been a Christmas miracle.

Anyone knows the DRM on Rayman Origins from Amazon? it's looking tempting with this credit and the game refuses to go on sale on Steam so... I heard things about Tages but don't know if the Amazon one comes with it or if it is DRM Free.

I got 9 emails about THQ credit so if they go under it is definitely not my fault...lol Nothing from EA or Ubisoft.

I know I bought some EA stuff way back in like January I think. I don't recall buying anything Ubisoft from Amazon this year though.

I love this promo though. Awesome deals through out the year and then even more discounts on top of that.

Is it just me or is this a typo

"[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Thank you for your purchase of a Ubisoft Digital Video Game in 2012 from Amazon.com. To thank you, Ubisoft and Amazon would like to offer you a $5 credit towards any Ubisoft Digital Video Game Sold by Amazon.com and priced $4.99 on 12/25 only"

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]So[SIZE=-1] [SIZE=-1]it can only be used on a [SIZE=-1]4.99[SIZE=-1]$ game [SIZE=-1]? Or can it still be used to discount 5$?[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='jrodri86']Anyone knows the DRM on Rayman Origins from Amazon? it's looking tempting with this credit and the game refuses to go on sale on Steam so... I heard things about Tages but don't know if the Amazon one comes with it or if it is DRM Free.[/QUOTE]
The Amazon page says "This video game is protected by the digital rights management software SOLIDSHIELD from TAGES S.A.S which limits the amount of concurrent installations of the game."

Always check the whole page before asking. ;)

Question, the coupon says it can be used on December 25 only in the email, but when I link to the page, it says You may use your THQ $5 promo credit on any game download on this page. Credit must be used by December 31, 2012. I want to get the complete SR3, just for the DLC at $2.50. I have SR3, hopefully when I add it to steam, it will just add the DLC. Anyhow, my only option is to buy and download, so I dont know if the credit will be applied if I get it now or if I have to wait till tomorrow. Has anyone used their credit yet?

I own Saints Row The Third and some DLC, but I'm tempted by the The Full Package to get the Season Pass. Hm. I finally have a credit to use and NfS Ultimate Pro Collection sale, previously $7.50, is gone. Woes. Maybe if ME3 or ME2 DD are on sale... As for Ubisoft, well... short of a Christmas miracle where a steam version of regular Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creed 3 shows up for a $29.99 or less price point...

Ubisoft and EA seem destined for only coal this year. I'm sure they're all at home, swimming in their vaults of money, lit by the glint of their lucky dime, and weeping a little as they backstroke.

[quote name='Detruire']The Amazon page says "This video game is protected by the digital rights management software SOLIDSHIELD from TAGES S.A.S which limits the amount of concurrent installations of the game."

Always check the whole page before asking. ;)[/QUOTE]

That wouldn't make any sense. From what I've heard, Rayman Origins is one of the few games(or only game?) that's DRM-free from Ubisoft. I don't think it even requires uplay.

EDIT: Maybe the disc and Steam versions are the only versions with no extra DRM, really weird though.

The Storming, Burning, Reflecting, Flaming, Sabotaging Pack for $8.49 after code seems like the best deal. Not sure if i can pull the trigger, no room on my SSD for any games atm.

Mine are all THQ and EA. I have like 5 of them and only see one game I don't have between the two companies. Well, I'll still make the most of it.

[quote name='sunghost']That wouldn't make any sense. From what I've heard, Rayman Origins is one of the few games(or only game?) that's DRM-free from Ubisoft. I don't think it even requires uplay.

EDIT: Maybe the disc and Steam versions are the only versions with no extra DRM, really weird though.[/QUOTE]
It definitely says that on the page, though. Odd situation.

Btw, I noticed Crysis 3: Hunter Edition is in the list of games that you can use the coupon on for the EA $5 link.

Surprised, I pulled the game up and... no coupon was applied. I was just checking (I do not buy games over $30 that are not named Diablo, Warcraft, or Call of Duty and rarely even then), but were preorders meant to be on the list?

Doesn't seem to be working...

[quote name='bwrobins']It seems a public forum is not the best place to make your petition. Did you consider a PM to Tony prior to complaining here or even a call to Amazons customer service? This thread is about announcing upcoming deals and providing feedback for future deals. Do we really need to state that a game should not go on sale cheaper for an arbitrary amount of time after a sale to make sure we don't hurt peoples feelings?[/QUOTE]

Ok, so now you are deciding what exactly this thread is for? Ok, then we don't need post after post of cheerleading either.

This thread is no such thing. Its the deals and discussion about them, pro, con, indifferent.

[quote name='sunghost']That wouldn't make any sense. From what I've heard, Rayman Origins is one of the few games(or only game?) that's DRM-free from Ubisoft. I don't think it even requires uplay.[/QUOTE]

That's why i asked, but looking at the comments section i'm reading people saying that the retail and the Steam versions are DRM Free (you can even run the steam version from the .exe without using steam) but the digital version come with Solidshield. Ubisoft and their crap...

Man, I really wish that digital downloads had cart functionality. I use the cart (and Save for Later) to organize all my future Amazon purchases. That way, I can see at a glance when prices go down. I wish I could do that with digital downloads. That way, when a game I want goes down, I could just see it when I check my other Amazon desired products. This is not unlike my Steam Wish List. I wish I had an Amazon Wish List for digital downloads that was easy to access for digital. Even if it was just being able to add digital downloads to the Saved for Later list, that'd be enough. I'm sure it'd also help when we want to buy multiple products to put them all under one price instead of pelting our CC companies with multiple purchases of a smallish nature that might set alarm bells off, too.

Instead, I have to check here or sort through the various pages of deals and buy each one individually. Just a suggestion, Tony, but it would be VERY, VERY helpful to allow us full cart options like any other Amazon product. I bet it would encourage use of your deals...

Just to clarify things:

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol, I'm not gonna lie, I thought you all would like this one.

Remember, 1 coupon per pub so choose your game wisely
:).

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if Alice Madness Returns will be $5 with the EA coupon tomorrow?

It's currently $10 and isn't listed as one of Tony's sales in the OP/2nd Post. http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40696ess-Returns1-Alice/dp/B0053YQ8E0/ref=pd_cp_vg_2

Also, I know it was discussed a few pages back, but I got confused with all the coupon hysteria. What time will the THQ Coupon coincide with the SR3 Steam price match? Would bite on that for $2.50 in an instant!

Also, any more deals coming tomorrow Tony? Saw you say something like that earlier in the thread in the 12/21 updates. Thanks so much for all that you do Tony, you're the best. Seriously :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fyrflash1969']Question, the coupon says it can be used on December 25 only in the email, but when I link to the page, it says You may use your THQ $5 promo credit on any game download on this page. Credit must be used by December 31, 2012. [/QUOTE]

Since both Tony and the promo email state use only on 12/25 (with the 2K promo being the exception), I would say 12/25 is the ONLY day you can redeem it.

got a couple of coupons from EA and THQ and one from Ubisoft, not sure what I'll use them on I got most of the EA/THQ games that I wanted and the Ubisoft stuff is non-steam

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Since both Tony and the promo email state use only on 12/25 (with the 2K promo being the exception), I would say 12/25 is the ONLY day you can redeem it.[/QUOTE]

None of my coupons are working atm. I hit buy and download, went in. Nothing yet. Perhaps we'll have MORE deals on EA and Ubisoft to tempt us more than just the coupon and what's showing right now?

...hopefully?

[quote name='Mooby']Yep I believe only the 2k is valid from the 26th to 31st whereas all the others only on the 25th.[/QUOTE]

I bought DNF for $1 with my $5 coupon from The Witcher 2 last year. I remember it because it was an epic moment for me. Anywais, so I'm wondering if that will qualify me for a 2k coupon? Or is it a thing of legend, earned only by the most elite of the elite whose power is so great they earned the mythic and the legendary...

I'm fairly set on Revelations (Ubi) and SR2 (THQ), not sure what to do about 2K and I'm a little bit peeved that Syndicate's (EA) sale was cut short early.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']None of my coupons are working atm. I hit buy and download, went in. Nothing yet. Perhaps we'll have MORE deals on EA and Ubisoft to tempt us more than just the coupon and what's showing right now?

...hopefully?
[/QUOTE]

It's not 12/25 yet...(PST that is).

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']
I bought DNF for $1 with my $5 coupon from The Witcher 2 last year. I remember it because it was an epic moment for me. Anywais, so I'm wondering if that will qualify me for a 2k coupon? Or is it a thing of legend, earned only by the most elite of the elite whose power is so great they earned the mythic and the legendary...[/QUOTE]

I believe it will -- that's also what I'm banking on for my 2k. Although honestly I don't think I'll use it so probably just offer to buy something for someone/facilitate a transaction.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I'm fairly set on Revelations (Ubi) and SR2 (THQ), not sure what to do about 2K and I'm a little bit peeved that Syndicate's (EA) sale was cut short early.[/QUOTE]

Remember that SR2 it's a little unplayable on the pc, the port is really really bad. But the game is quite good.

Tony, what's gonna happen on the 28th with the Civilization series?

[quote name='lilman']Grabbed Scribblenauts Unlimited at $7.50. Amazing price considering the Steam holiday sale the other day was for $20.[/QUOTE]
Tell me about it. Wish I didn't' have such a quick trigger finger. Oh well, not much I can do about that now, haha.

I picked up the Bioshock 1/2 bundle for $5, hoping to gift the Steam keys to my brother.

I got a key for Bioshock 2, but not for Bioshock - what gives? The Amazon rep said they both activate on steam :(

[quote name='Stonekeep']Remember that SR2 it's a little unplayable on the pc, the port is really really bad. But the game is quite good.[/QUOTE]

That's what I hear, but I was trying to find something to use my THQ credit on. ;)

[quote name='MrJones']I picked up the Bioshock 1/2 bundle for $5, hoping to gift the Steam keys to my brother.

I got a key for Bioshock 2, but not for Bioshock - what gives? The Amazon rep said they both activate on steam :([/QUOTE]

There is two bundles, one mixed DRM and one all Steam. Sounds like you got the mixed version.

[quote name='Stonekeep']Remember that SR2 it's a little unplayable on the pc, the port is really really bad. But the game is quite good.

[/QUOTE]

That was true when it was released, the unplayability thing, the port is indeed crap, but nowadays there are fixes for 90% of the problems, there is plenty of info in both steam forums and the rest of the interwebs.

To those on the fence for this one, the first thing to do is get the gentleman of the row mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back