Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fluxy']is the lego lotr worth buying? im a big fan of lotr but is it chilidish?[/QUOTE]

To me it looked like a silly take on LOTR. They literally kept the same scenes and dialogue but add in these whacky moments to poke fun at it all. The gameplay seems like standard Lego game style. Watch this Giant Bomb quick look for a good idea of what it's like.

http://youtu.be/iHL_hBpBBmg

[quote name='chaosking121']I'm planning on buying this with my Ubisoft Coupon at once it's live. My brother owns it for his Vita and it looks pretty good (he loves it, but he's 9 so I don't know if that counts for much). Played Rayman's Jungle Run for my Galaxy S3 and it was a blast too, so for $5 after coupon, I think it's a worthwhile purchase.

I guess I'd also like any clarification on the DRM (or lack of) used in the Amazon DD version of Rayman Origins :) Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Solidshield from TAGES (5 Machine Activation Limit if i'm not mistaken)

And just for the sake of doing a "me too" post:
I've received coupon emails for EA and THQ purchases (Jan, ~12hrs ago respectively), but not for my Ubisoft purchase (early last week.)

And I don't have my 2K cou... :fridge:

[quote name='crzyboy88']Anyone else waiting on their THQ coupon?[/QUOTE]

I am. Debating if I should just buy something cheap to get the emails unclogged like it has for other people.

Dammit, I'm not a kid anymore; why do I hafta wait anxiously on Xmas Eve to open my present redeem my coupon!

I WANT MY TOY NOW

still haven't received any emails either. Specifically THQ, If Tony sees this, Can you just give us a heads up when all emails are out so we know if we have an issue and need to contact support. Thanks!

[quote name='sixheavens']To me it looked like a silly take on LOTR. They literally kept the same scenes and dialogue but add in these whacky moments to poke fun at it all. The gameplay seems like standard Lego game style. Watch this Giant Bomb quick look for a good idea of what it's like.

http://youtu.be/iHL_hBpBBmg[/QUOTE]

hmmm thanks for the video, game is exactly like the movie but lego...ill probably have to pass for now and get it later if it gets any cheaper in the future. If only steam had the hobbit...ill probably cash out for it

[quote name='crzyboy88']Anyone else waiting on their THQ coupon?[/QUOTE]

I gave up waiting. I just bought a 33 cent DLC and got a promo email instantly.

[quote name='lnknprk']I am. Debating if I should just buy something cheap to get the emails unclogged like it has for other people.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't get the email "unclogged". You just get a coupon for that specific purchase. It's a fairly good idea if you want something and your only missing coupon is THQ, but if you're missing an EA coupon for instance, buying something cheap from THQ isn't going to help. Also, nothing from EA is dirt cheap so if you already have everything, there's nothing to buy to get your EA coupon earlier either.. :(

Hi, its December 25 and coupons do not work yet. Am I missing something? Merry Christmas everyone!

EDIT1: Understood, its not Dec. 25 everywhere.

EDIT2: Just looked EA Holiday Present and Ubisoft Holiday Present and THQ Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high! Are prices going to change for this promo?

I just hope January is full of sales so I can put all my $5 coupons to good use. This holiday sales were really bad, I did not buy ANY game on steam and only a few on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ochentay4']Hi, its December 25 and coupons do not work yet. Am I missing something? Merry Christmas everyone![/QUOTE]

All Amazon deals go by PST, so you'll need to wait another 2 Hours for Amazon to think it's Christmas. Merry christmas btw :)

[quote name='jrodri86']Solidshield from TAGES (5 Machine Activation Limit if i'm not mistaken)[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Even though I'd rather not deal with DRM, I think I'll still bite on this. Anyone else with me? :D

Any chance the DRM will be patched out in the future? :(

[quote name='ochentay4']EDIT: Just looked EA Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high![/QUOTE]

I'm getting Alice:Madness returns (not complete) for $5 with the coupon (If my EA coupon ever arrives that is V_V ). I've always wanted this game and never seem to be able to get it when it's on sale. Pretty weird now that I think about it..

[quote name='ochentay4']Hi, its December 25 and coupons do not work yet. Am I missing something? Merry Christmas everyone![/QUOTE]

It's not December 25th everywhere. You need to wait for us on the west coast.

[quote name='ochentay4']Hi, its December 25 and coupons do not work yet. Am I missing something? Merry Christmas everyone!

EDIT: Just looked EA Holiday Present and Ubisoft Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high! I just hope January is full of sales so I can put all my $5 coupons to good use. This holiday sales were really bad, I did not buy ANY game on steam and only a few on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Seattle != Argentina

[quote name='chaosking121']Any chance the DRM will be patched out in the future? :(
[/QUOTE]

It may get patched, Far Cry 2 and the first AC are DRM free now on most of digital stores (including Amazon). But i think it will take some time for this to happen. It's a crappy shot taking in consideration that we are talking about Ubisoft and their DRM policy.

[quote name='ochentay4']Hi, its December 25 and coupons do not work yet. Am I missing something? Merry Christmas everyone!

EDIT: Just looked EA Holiday Present and Ubisoft Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high! I just hope January is full of sales so I can put all my $5 coupons to good use. This holiday sales were really bad, I did not buy ANY game on steam and only a few on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

AC:R for $2.49 is high?

Also, yes, I will give a heads up when i have confirmation the emails should have gone out.

Cheers,
Tony

EDIT: Just looked EA Holiday Present and Ubisoft Holiday Present and THQ Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high! Are prices going to change for this promo?

I just hope January is full of sales so I can put all my $5 coupons to good use. This holiday sales were really bad, I did not buy ANY game on steam and only a few on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

It needs to be December 25th PST (so, about an hour and a half from now)

Question, does the SRTT full package comes with separate keys or only one? I already own SRTT but non of the DLC. If it's only one key then i rather wait to see if it goes on sale on January and grab the Season Pass for free.

EDIT: Just looked EA Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high![/QUOTE]
Am I the only one here who can't wait to jump on Alice: Madness Returns for $5 ? I mean it was just discounted for $15, and although that was the complete edition, with the original Alice, as well as some DLC, its still $10 cheaper...

[quote name='aronater']Am I the only one here who can't wait to jump on Alice: Madness Returns for $5 ? I mean it was just discounted for $15, and although that was the complete edition, with the original Alice, as well as some DLC, its still $10 cheaper...[/QUOTE]

Already own Alice Madness Returns.

[quote name='aronater']Am I the only one here who can't wait to jump on Alice: Madness Returns for $5 ? I mean it was just discounted for $15, and although that was the complete edition, with the original Alice, as well as some DLC, its still $10 cheaper...[/QUOTE]

I got Alice on GamersGate months ago for 3 bucks.. so no Alice for me, also, it bored me and Alice (old version) is still unfinished on an old dvd lost on my room. It was better than current Alice though.

[quote name='jatan11t']I gave up waiting. I just bought a 33 cent DLC and got a promo email instantly.[/QUOTE]

Link?? Suggestions?? I really commend Tony for wanting to do this retroactively but it must be one f***** daunting task.

PS
Meant that in *the best possible way* and I don't have any problem in making a cheap purchase to get the coupon

[quote name='jrodri86']Question, does the SRTT full package comes with separate keys or only one? I already own SRTT but non of the DLC. If it's only one key then i rather wait to see if it goes on sale on January and grab the Season Pass for free.[/QUOTE]

1 key. I pulled the trigger since I already got SRTT really cheap from the THQ Humble Bundle.

When I first got into buying PC DD games, Alice was on sale for $5 pretty often, but I never pulled the trigger even though I was sort of interested in it. Guess that sort of regret has made me really want to buy the game. For some reason EA doesn't list it in my country's Steam store. It used to be, but it was $50 when it was $20 in the US, so I never got to buy it on Steam like I had hoped..

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']AC:R for $2.49 is high?

Also, yes, I will give a heads up when i have confirmation the emails should have gone out.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

In his defense, he did say he's looking at the page and not the best resource -- which was your summary of what deals will be going on during the 25th. Right now AC:R is at 19.49 and not the crap-your-pants-in-shock-when-doing-arithmatic 7.49 price you are generously offering tomorrow.

To resolve the confusion, what we're seeing on the Holiday pages is not necessarily the 25th price, so folks might want to give the system a little time post-12:01 PST to let it catch up to the new prices.

I would have swore I purchased something from 2k games this year. I trolled through my entire software library page, and found:

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition [Download]
Purchased on December 24, 2011

Oh how time flies.

EDIT1: Understood, its not Dec. 25 everywhere.

EDIT2: Just looked EA Holiday Present and Ubisoft Holiday Present and THQ Holiday Present, there is no one single game worth. Prices are really high! Are prices going to change for this promo?

I just hope January is full of sales so I can put all my $5 coupons to good use. This holiday sales were really bad, I did not buy ANY game on steam and only a few on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, not really seeing anything too interesting to buy from the Ubisoft or EA list. Would've grabbed Rayman Origins for $5 if it activated on Steam or was DRM free.

Would be wonderful if the Sims 3 games magically went back on the sale price they've been all December once the coupons went live... but that won't happen.

And if anyone doesn't know what to buy with the Ubi credit, Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition for $1.49 after coupon is a fucking steal. Awesome game that got way more flak than it deserved.

[quote name='travathian']I would have swore I purchased something from 2k games this year. I trolled through my entire software library page, and found:

Borderlands Game of the Year Edition [Download]
Purchased on December 24, 2011

Oh how time flies.[/QUOTE]Can't wait until july for the grand master collection on 75%.. again.

[quote name='nategator']In his defense, he did say he's looking at the page and not the best resource -- which was your summary of what deals will be going on during the 25th. Right now AC:R is at 19.49 and not the crap-your-pants-in-shock-when-doing-arithmatic 7.49 price you are generously offering tomorrow.

To resolve the confusion, what we're seeing on the Holiday pages is not necessarily the 25th price, so folks might want to give the system a little time post-12:01 PST to let it catch up to the new prices.[/QUOTE]

Oh my bad, it's not midnight PST yet....1:40 here.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Idiotekque']Would be wonderful if the Sims 3 games magically went back on the sale price they've been all December once the coupons went live... but that won't happen.[/QUOTE]

Ah lawdy, that would be sweet. I'm hopping at the very least that some of that sims 3 shit ends up on the editor's choice list.

BTW, Is it too late to buy things to get a coupon? Turns out that I never did buy anything by THQ and I wouldn't mind getting my dirty little hands on one of those coupons.

Hrm, I bought games from THQ, EA, and 2K in the past year from amazon, but I only got a coupon for EA :( I know 2K is coming later, but THQ..?

Are there additional hidden deals that will go live on the 25th? As far as I know, everything is in the first and second posts and the hidden promo was the $5 publisher coupons right?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Oh my bad, it's not midnight PST yet....1:40 here.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

"12/25 (there will be more and they will be impactful, I’ll continue to release details as we get closer to Christmas. The reason is that we have several high impact deals that we’re still discussing price point on.):"

I know you've been busy with the coupons (for which we are so eternally grateful!), but do you have any info on what these surprise deals might be? Think it's close enough to Christmas to reveal them :p

[quote name='kataztrophik']Are there additional hidden deals that will go live on the 25th? As far as I know, everything is in the first and second posts and the hidden promo was the $5 publisher coupons right?[/QUOTE]

There's also something for Borderlands 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Guild Wars 2

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Negative, need coffee, 1 product > $5 is the limitation for UBi/THQ/EA. 1 Coupon >= $9.99 is the limitation for 2K.[/QUOTE]

Still not sure I understand. When I am on the landing page for THQ, I see COH:ToV for $4.99. On top it says :

You may use your THQ $5 promo credit on any game download on this page.
But earlier you also wrote that the system is set up so that there won't be anything free.

So this leaves me to the conclusion that either:

a) That quote is wrong, or
b) The prices of the stuff that is now sub $5 will raise before the Coupons are valid

Or did I miss something ? Thanks ! :D

Well, I guess I will just have to try. It's just a little bit confusing.

[quote name='chaosking121']"12/25 (there will be more and they will be impactful, I’ll continue to release details as we get closer to Christmas. The reason is that we have several high impact deals that we’re still discussing price point on.):"

I know you've been busy with the coupons (for which we are so eternally grateful!), but do you have any info on what these surprise deals might be? Think it's close enough to Christmas to reveal them :p[/QUOTE]

lol, I think the $5 coupons is the high impact deals. And $2.25 AC:R, $2.25 SRTT Full Package (until 10am PST!) are by themselves very high impact.

But I have to admit I'm also hopeful that there are some price matches or surprises to come :bouncy:

I think the backfills are still coming through since I bought Amalur during one of the Black Fridays deals but never got an email for EA credit, but got my THQ email. Works out well since I don't think I was going to use the EA one anyway.

[quote name='chaosking121']I'm planning on buying this with my Ubisoft Coupon at once it's live. My brother owns it for his Vita and it looks pretty good (he loves it, but he's 9 so I don't know if that counts for much). Played Rayman's Jungle Run for my Galaxy S3 and it was a blast too, so for $5 after coupon, I think it's a worthwhile purchase.

I guess I'd also like any clarification on the DRM (or lack of) used in the Amazon DD version of Rayman Origins :) Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

It's definitely an awesome game, Rayman Origins singlehandedly revived Rayman in the eyes of many people. It didn't sell too well because they launched it next to one of the Assassin's Creed games (same day release) but everyone, critic, fan, or random player, all agreed that Origins was a gorgeous game that did everything right, had actual heart in it, and is one of the best 2D Platformers ever, arguably the best this gen.

TAGES-SolidShield however is a dealbreaker. That DRM's pretty notorious for being very picky with what other software you have and it doesn't play nice with a lot of people's systems. You won't find a lot of details on it for Rayman Origins in particular because the Steam version came DRM-Free, like retail did, but amazon's... didn't. Install limits are the smaller issue there since it's still amazon, it's the part where it'll screw with your system where your problem will come in.

[quote name='The End']Ah lawdy, that would be sweet. I'm hopping at the very least that some of that sims 3 shit ends up on the editor's choice list.

BTW, Is it too late to buy things to get a coupon? Turns out that I never did buy anything by THQ and I wouldn't mind getting my dirty little hands on one of those coupons.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wouldn't mind picking up another Sims expansion either.

I think I'm just gonna keep an eye out on the trading forum and hope for some cheap copies of games. There are a few things I want, but I never did get a 2K coupon.

[quote name='nategator']lol, I think the $5 coupons is the high impact deals. And $2.25 AC:R, $2.25 SRTT Full Package (until 10am PST!) are by themselves very high impact.

But I have to admit I'm also hopeful that there are some price matches or surprises to come :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

We moved GW2 to $29.99 as one example.

Cheers,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back