Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fatdude']Is it possible to use multiple $5 codes on 1 game?[/QUOTE]
Totally...

Not!

[quote name='Motoki']For the People who seem to be having a reading comprehension problem

AKA We know you are using a fake address to buy a game that you are not supposed to be buying but try not to be so damned obvious about it

Also don't bitch about known or potential regional restrictions for a game that is explicitly being sold to the US ONLY.[/QUOTE]
Down boy!

[quote name='Fatdude']Is it possible to use multiple $5 codes on 1 game?[/QUOTE]
No, you only get one code per publisher, usable on one purchase.

Wasn't there a Max Payne 3 bundle with MP3 and Season Pass available last time around or am I just blind and can't find it?

Also, to anyone being here during the last Holiday sale on Amazon: What's the chance of games getting the same discount during the Editor's Choice that they received during the Holiday sale?

I'm tempted to get MP3 but noticed it's part of the EC selection and I don't want to burn 5 bucks AGAIN for nothing, like I did with the DS2 franchise.

[quote name='Detruire']No, you only get one code per publisher, usable on one purchase.[/QUOTE]

I recieved 5 $5 codes for EA.Bah all of them are gonna expire.

The chances are small, but there. The notable deals with the editors choice last year came from price patching other retailers. So like Steam's winter sale is until Jan 5th. Dailies might be matched by Amazon during that time (but not flashes/votes). You're gambling really. I think Max Payne's already had a daily on Steam so it is unlikely to be the source of a price match unless it is on some retailer's random weekend deal on Jan 24th or whatever.

[quote name='Fatdude']I recieved 5 $5 codes for EA.Bah all of them are gonna expire.[/QUOTE]
You may have received five emails regarding the coupons, but unless the system is broken, you only get one to use.

well my friends, you DONT seem to get the $5 discount if you purchase some uber cheap 32 cent dlc(its been 20 minutes, thats long enough :p). well, thats 35cents(after tax) down the drain :/ guess ill just pay the $14 for the darksiders collection; but before i do that i want to see if steam will pull through and have some kind of discount on far cry 3 today(wishful thinking looking at all the winter sales on steam this year)

[quote name='swizzy']well my friends, you DONT seem to get the $5 discount if you purchase some uber cheap 32 cent dlc(its been 20 minutes, thats long enough :p). well, thats 35cents(after tax) down the drain)[/QUOTE]
You won't get THQ/EA/Ubisoft (and 2K?) coupons for purchases made on the 25th.

[quote name='Corpekata']The chances are small, but there. The notable deals with the editors choice last year came from price patching other retailers. So like Steam's winter sale is until Jan 5th. Dailies might be matched by Amazon during that time (but not flashes/votes). You're gambling really. I think Max Payne's already had a daily on Steam so it is unlikely to be the source of a price match unless it is on some retailer's random weekend deal on Jan 24th or whatever.[/QUOTE] Max Payne did not have a daily. It is having a flash sale right now.

[quote name='Detruire']You won't get THQ/EA/Ubisoft (and 2K?) coupons for purchases made on the 25th.[/QUOTE]
Oh psh now you say that, after i wasted my money, where were you like an hour ago? :p haha jkjk you win some and you lose some

[quote name='mnemnoch']I bought 2k13 today and recieve a $5 2k coupon.[/QUOTE]
argh, how long did you wait? maybe it just doesnt work with dlc and needs to be an actual game(which would suck >.>)

So I hope this means that I'll get a 2k coupon sometime before tomorrow for the NBA2K12 I got from Amazon in February! Wasn't sure that 2k Games and 2k Sports were actually the same company, or at least would qualify as such for this promo.

$4.99 WTF Bundle tomorrow! :bouncy:

Also, made this account just to thank T-Money and his unnamed dev that worked over Xmas eve just to get all this done. Spent way too much on Amazon Digital, and it'll make Tony happy to note that I've gotten NOTHING from Steam's Winter Sale yet, but have acquired (since Tony likes knowing what we buy):

The Tantalizing THQ Bundle (even if I already had Metro and RF:A)
The Darksiders Bundle (even if I already had DS1), coupon applied
The SR3 Complete Bundle (even if I already had SR vanilla - picked over Steam for the $5 coupon next year)

Considering Scribblenauts.

Again, kudos to Tony for being a great CS rep. :applause:

REALLY don't know what to get with the Ubisoft/EA promo (still no mail with THQ/2K promo)

NEVER played any AC game, besides having the first on Steam since... forever. Thinking about Revelations, but is not Steam and it has some DLC that I don't know how will I redeem later... How is the game? I must play AC1 first? How it is downloaded? Direct from Amazon? No Ubi client?

Hahaha... lots of questions...

[quote name='Dreamweaver7']So I hope this means that I'll get a 2k coupon sometime before tomorrow for the NBA2K12 I got from Amazon in February! Wasn't sure that 2k Games and 2k Sports were actually the same company, or at least would qualify as such for this promo.

$4.99 WTF Bundle tomorrow! :bouncy:

Also, made this account just to thank T-Money and his unnamed dev that worked over Xmas eve just to get all this done. Spent way too much on Amazon Digital, and it'll make Tony happy to note that I've gotten NOTHING from Steam's Winter Sale yet, but have acquired (since Tony likes knowing what we buy):

The Tantalizing THQ Bundle (even if I already had Metro and RF:A)
The Darksiders Bundle (even if I already had DS1), coupon applied
The SR3 Complete Bundle (even if I already had SR vanilla - picked over Steam for the $5 coupon next year)

Considering Scribblenauts.

Again, kudos to Tony for being a great CS rep. :applause:[/QUOTE]
BUY SCRIBBLENAUTS!! seriously, super fun game + looks GORGEOUS in 1080

[quote name='Mooby']

My-Little-Pony-Derp.gif
[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's because I'm still in that not-quite-awake state, but that just made me spit out my coffee. Thanks Mooby, you made my day! :lol:

[quote name='juanjava']REALLY don't know what to get with the Ubisoft/EA promo (still no mail with THQ/2K promo)

NEVER played any AC game, besides having the first on Steam since... forever. Thinking about Revelations, but is not Steam and it has some DLC that I don't know how will I redeem later... How is the game? I must play AC1 first? How it is downloaded? Direct from Amazon? No Ubi client?

Hahaha... lots of questions...[/QUOTE]

Skip AC1 because it might turn you off from the rest of a good series. AC2, AC: Brotherhood, and AC:R are a trilogy for the character Ezio. You should start with 2, which IMO was the best game. If you like it, then you can continue on in the series. If you don't like it, I'd recommend leaving the rest alone.

[quote name='momouchi']Skip AC1 because it might turn you off from the rest of a good series. AC2, AC: Brotherhood, and AC:R are a trilogy for the character Ezio. You should start with 2, which IMO was the best game. If you like it, then you can continue on in the series. If you don't like it, I'd recommend leaving the rest alone.[/QUOTE]

Can't apply the code to AC2 :(

[quote name='swizzy']argh, how long did you wait? maybe it just doesnt work with dlc and needs to be an actual game(which would suck >.>)[/QUOTE]
The difference between the 2K and THQ/EA/Ubisoft coupons is that the 2K coupon is valid from the 26th through the 31st, whereas the THQ/EA/Ubisoft coupons are only valid on the 25th.

i also bought nba 2k13 and recieved a coupon. I think you have to purchase a 2k game on christmas day to recieve the 2k coupon and you cant use it until the 26th...wierd because i bought the 2k startegy pack and spec ops the line like 2 weeks ago and havent got a coupon for them but w/e, im happy i got 2k13 for 16 bucks AND it activates on steam

[quote name='Fluxy']i also bought nba 2k13 and recieved a coupon. I think you have to purchase a 2k game on christmas day to recieve the 2k coupon and you cant use it until the 26th...wierd because i bought the 2k startegy pack and spec ops the line like 2 weeks ago and havent got a coupon for them [/QUOTE]

It's been stated many times that the 2K promos to be backfilled should be rolling out later today/tonight (possibly into tomorrow?) since the other pubs were a priority. You DO NOT "have to" buy a 2K product today to receive the promo discount.

Hm, but it should be a promotion for any item you bought during 2012, same as for THQ/Ubisoft and EA.

I guess all the other people who didn't buy any 2K game today will still have to wait for their mails.

[quote name='tjs09']I just used my THQ discount even though I hadn't received an email yet. I had no idea you could do that..

Interesting[/QUOTE]

This probably just means that the email-sending part of the Amazon coupon system hasn't yet caught up with the credit-bestowing part of it. I wouldn't worry, just try to buy a game when you (by the rules posted by Tony) should already have a coupon and it should automagically apply.

Just to note for everyone that hasn't seen it, the $5 2K coupon takes effect on the 26th (Amazon time or PST), is valid until the end of the year and can only be applied to an item that's $9.99 or more.

[quote name='Fluxy']i also bought nba 2k13 and recieved a coupon. I think you have to purchase a 2k game on christmas day to recieve the 2k coupon and you cant use it until the 26th...wierd because i bought the 2k startegy pack and spec ops the line like 2 weeks ago and havent got a coupon for them but w/e, im happy i got 2k13 for 16 bucks AND it activates on steam[/QUOTE]

Bought 2k13 on release and I recieved nada.

[quote name='Fluxy']i also bought nba 2k13 and recieved a coupon. I think you have to purchase a 2k game on christmas day to recieve the 2k coupon and you cant use it until the 26th...wierd because i bought the 2k startegy pack and spec ops the line like 2 weeks ago and havent got a coupon for them but w/e, im happy i got 2k13 for 16 bucks AND it activates on steam[/QUOTE]

You may want to check your email and read carefuly if the message mentions the 2K $5 credit or if it's the $5 credit to use next January on selected games (Editor's Choices)
There are several promotional credits being offered by Amazon. Some apply to specific publishers (THQ, EA, Ubisoft, 2K), others are to be used with items/subscriptions of F2P games, and there's the $5 credit to use next January.

Tony mentioned that everyone that bought a 2K game in 2012 from Amazon would get a $5 2K credit to use by 12/26-12/31.

Damn should have went with the desert to sea bundle instead of 2k shooter pack so I could spend the promo on the wtf pack. Ah well, what will you guys be getting with your 2K credit?

Also, I can't decide between Darksiders 2 Franchise or SR3 full package. I already have SR3 from the humble bundle so getting all the DLC for $2.50 seems pretty good,

[quote name='forthenguyen']Damn should have went with the desert to sea bundle instead of 2k shooter pack so I could spend the promo on the wtf pack. Ah well, what will you guys be getting with your 2K credit?

Also, I can't decide between Darksiders 2 Franchise or SR3 full package. I already have SR3 from the humble bundle so getting all the DLC for $2.50 seems pretty good,[/QUOTE]

Probably the 2k strategy, or nothing. But I'm gonna wait for the 28th, it seems that the Civ games are gonna be on sale that day.

Sadly i got Bioshock pack + Civ pack and didnt got a coupon yet, i was hoping to use it to buy gods and kings to a friend on 28 :(

[quote name='Neuro5i5']It's been stated many times that the 2K promos to be backfilled should be rolling out later today/tonight (possibly into tomorrow?) since the other pubs were a priority.
You DO NOT "have to" buy a 2K product today to receive the promo discount.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='meeko2']Sadly i got Bioshock pack + Civ pack and didnt got a coupon yet, i was hoping to use it to buy gods and kings to a friend on 28 :([/QUOTE]

They haven't sent out 2K promos yet...

[quote name='meeko2']Sadly i got Bioshock pack + Civ pack and didnt got a coupon yet, i was hoping to use it to buy gods and kings to a friend on 28 :([/QUOTE]

There's time.

You can reasonably start the AC series with Brotherhood. The deluxe edition is only $2.49 with the coupon, so that's a pretty good option.

Don't start with Revelations, I'd say. It's good, but too far in the story in my opinion. Nothing wrong with starting with AC1 either, but it does get more repetitive than the other ones.

If you plan to play AC1, play it first. It's rough edges are too annoying if you go back to it after AC2.

And I still have no THQ credit, and no response from Tony. Looks like I won't be able to get SR3 full.

[quote name='Idiotekque']You can reasonably start the AC series with Brotherhood. The deluxe edition is only $2.49 with the coupon, so that's a pretty good option.[/QUOTE]

No way...I'm totally getting asheskitty 2 Pet Catz 2 with my promo! It'll only be $1.49 of furry awesomeness.

Nah, I think I may get R6V2, which will also be $1.49.

Heads up if you use your promotional credit and have just normal Amazon gift card credit, check your gift card balance before and after the sale.

I got a $5 Ubisoft credit and used it to buy Assassin's Creed for $4.99 but the system took $4.99 from my gift card balance and didn't apply the credit so great promo, I got to buy a game and pay for it myself. Hopefully support can clear this up but this is the second time this has happened to me with Amazon, they really need to give you more info at checkout as to where the credit is coming from.

[quote name='Mugatu']Heads up if you use your promotional credit and have just normal Amazon gift card credit, check your gift card balance before and after the sale.

I got a $5 Ubisoft credit and used it to buy Assassin's Creed for $4.99 but the system took $4.99 from my gift card balance and didn't apply the credit so great promo, I got to buy a game and pay for it myself. Hopefully support can clear this up but this is the second time this has happened to me with Amazon, they really need to give you more info at checkout as to where the credit is coming from.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the credit only applies to games above $4.99. Anything $4.99 and under is coming out of pocket.

so what happens if I redeem Saints Row The Third complete package on steam if I already own the vanilla version? does it add all the dlc and upgrade it to the complete version?

[quote name='Motoki']Okay I think I have carpal tunnel from activating all the Darksiders 2 DLC.

I know, I know, first CAG world problems.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was madness, doing all that activating of Darksiders 2 DLC, hehe.
Imagine if SR:TT - Full Package's DLC had to be activated all separately... ;)

[quote name='Xedeus']Yea, the credit only applies to games above $4.99. Anything $4.99 and under is coming out of pocket.[/QUOTE]

Not true - the link in the e-mail took me to a page of games that it applied to and Assassin's Creed was right there. Right in the e-mail it says it applies to $4.99 games.

[quote name='Idiotekque']You can reasonably start the AC series with Brotherhood. The deluxe edition is only $2.49 with the coupon, so that's a pretty good option.

Don't start with Revelations, I'd say. It's good, but too far in the story in my opinion. Nothing wrong with starting with AC1 either, but it does get more repetitive than the other ones.[/QUOTE]

I read many bad things about brotherhood...

[quote name='LazyTriangle']so what happens if I redeem Saints Row The Third complete package on steam if I already own the vanilla version? does it add all the dlc and upgrade it to the complete version?[/QUOTE]

Yup!
I've got ALL the DLC. :D
You DO NOT get a gift of the original SR:TT base game to give away to someone else, though... :(

[quote name='Mugatu']Not true - the link in the e-mail took me to a page of games that it applied to and Assassin's Creed was right there. Right in the e-mail it says it applies to $4.99 games.[/QUOTE]

I tried to apply it to AC2 Deluxe and it didn't work. The email I got said "priced at $4.99" -- I guess they forgot the words "higher than".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back