Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BridgetFisher']If I buy a 2k game such as this http://www.amazon.com/Civilization-...ogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1356451418&sr=1-1

do I get the 5$ coupon towards max payne 3 today? or do I get it on the 26?[/QUOTE]

i just did the bioshocks 2 pack less than an hour ago.

got the 2k coupon today, but the coupon is valid for tomorrow 12/26-12/31.

wasnt expecting it be show up so quickly. i had 10 coupon related messages in the email.

also did a THQ dlc to try for the coupon right afterwards. no luck on the coupon for acquisition and use today. maybe itll show up in a few hours or something, but im betting thats unlikely as has been previously mentioned a few pages back in the thread.

Merry Christmas everybody!

I can't figure out what to spend my THQ coupon on. Between the Medley, the DSII Pack, the Prototype Pack and the humble bundle I may have everything I want THQ-wise from Amazon. :(

[quote name='Shrowd']Anyone else not get any of the promotional emails? Been waiting patiently and I more than qualify, yet not even one email has come though, all I got was the email for the Video Game Gold Box . This is kinda cruddy, I have spent a great deal this past year on Amazon Direct Downloads.[/QUOTE]

I got already mine for Ubi, EA, and THQ.

I'm STILL waiting on 2K Games coupon for tomorrow - since I bought Civ 4 Complete and Civ 5 earlier this year.

Could someone please post the THQ link from their email? I can't find my email, but testing with SRTT I definitely have a credit. Just wanna see what my options are.

goddammit! for some reason i thought the desert sea bundle was thq. i was expecting to get it for $5 off. all i have is a $5 off thq now. :(

[quote name='chaosking121']So guys, I bought, downloaded and installed Rayman:Origins ($5 with coupon :D) and I don't see any sign that Tages was installed along with the game. Did some basic Google searching but I can't find any of the files they say that Tages should install. Also, I was never asked to manually enter my Serial Number, but I mainly buy from Steam (through Amazon mostly) so I don't know if that's normal.

Any idea how I could figure out if Tages was installed? Would really love this to be a DRM Free version like Steam's :D[/QUOTE]

Haven't tried this program, maybe someone else can attest to it being useful or not?

http://pid.gamecopyworld.com/

[quote name='Neuro5i5']THQ
[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
Woah, glad I did that cause I didn't realize it was valid for preorders too..... now South Park, Metro or Company of Heroes 2 with my initial lean towards COH.

Update: Technically went towards COH2, but placed a South Park preorder at that price too....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shaggyc']Does anyone that has a THQ code want to buy a copy of SR3 the complete package and resell to me?[/QUOTE]
if I can't apply it to my existing South Park preorder I'd be willing to do that

SO I cant get max payne 3 for 9.99 I see.
so if it is the same price as steam, is there any point in getting it from amazon?
New to the amazon thing, saw it gave some bonus in January but I dont think I would use that. I mean should I just wait and see if it is 14.99 in january since i have a 5$ coupon already?

how does the editor thing work, they pick the top sales from now and repeat them?

[quote name='buckythekat']if I can't apply it to my existing South Park preorder I'd be willing to do that[/QUOTE]

Cool, just let me know. If not I'm gonna buy it before it goes off sale. Have the base game.. but can't beat that price for all the dlc.

Nice avatar btw. I haven't read that strip in a year or so.. but was probably my favorite currently running strip.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']SO I cant get max payne 3 for 9.99 I see.
so if it is the same price as steam, is there any point in getting it from amazon?
New to the amazon thing, saw it gave some bonus in January but I dont think I would use that. I mean should I just wait and see if it is 14.99 in january since i have a 5$ coupon already?

how does the editor thing work, they pick the top sales from now and repeat them?[/QUOTE]

If it is the same price the only reason I could think of is if you have any additional Amazon credit or something to use.

[quote name='shaggyc']Does anyone that has a THQ code want to buy a copy of SR3 the complete package and resell to me?[/QUOTE]

You should give it to a friend or fellow cag,'er. Show them what they missed.

Highly doubtful seeing as how everything has been so cheap from them this year! But if anyone wants Saints Row complete or Darksders bundle I still have my THQ discount to use .

[quote name='KnotInMud12']Highly doubtful seeing as how everything has been so cheap from them this year! But if anyone wants Saints Row complete or Darksders bundle I still have my THQ discount to use .[/QUOTE]

Sure PM sent

Part of me is tempted by the Guild Wars 2 deal today because of all the stuff I've read in the last few days about how great it is. Don't really have the gaming time for another (or really any) MMO at the moment. Also, wasn't a huge fan of the first one (and strangely, the inability to jump annoyed the crap outta me). Any thoughts? My "concern" is that it won't go down to this price for a long time again because buying the packages is how NCSoft gets its money to run this game.

how does the editor thing work, they pick the top sales from now and repeat them?[/QUOTE]

Because a lot of people can get trade credit from Amazon, or some people prefer it since Amazon has way better customer service than Steam does.

Editor's choice games don't really have a defined way of being chosen, or reduced in price, it's kind of a gamble but in previous years a lot of games were added and I believe some were even free.

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']
  1. hit windows key
  2. type tages
  3. alternatively; type rayman
  4. left click on results (presumably the first one)
[/QUOTE]

This was the first thing I tried, and searching for Tages didn't give any results. Searching for Rayman doesn't give any Tages related results either. I wasn't sure if Tages was supposed to come up in the results though, but from your post, I assume it should have if it was installed. Checked the ReadMe and it has no mention of Tages or any DRM.

I think it's pretty much safe to say that the version of Rayman:Origins that Amazon is selling *should* be DRM Free, at least as far as I can tell from the one I downloaded from them..

Guess only Tony can confrim/deny this now unless anyone has any other ideas for me to check for myself?

UPDATE:

[quote name='Garbanzo']Haven't tried this program, maybe someone else can attest to it being useful or not?

http://pid.gamecopyworld.com/[/QUOTE]

Tried this and here's the result:

Scanning -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Rayman Origins\Rayman Origins.exe
File Type : 32-Bit Exe (Subsystem : Win GUI / 2), Size : 7869832 (0781588h) Byte(s)
-> File Appears to be Digitally Signed @ Offset 077FC00h, size : 01988h / 06536 byte(s)
[File Heuristics] -> Flag : 00000000000001001101000000000100 (0x0004D004)
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> SerialNumber
[CompilerDetect] -> Visual C++ 9.0 (Visual Studio 2008)
[!] File appears to have no protection or is using an unknown protection
- Scan Took : 0.470 Second(s)

Scanned a Steam game (Spec Ops) and it successfully reported the Steam Client API as the DRM, so I'll assume the program is working correctly.

Suppose this is good enough proof (for me at least) that Amazon's Rayman Origins is DRM Free. If you already own/don't want Assassin's Creed, there's nothing better to use your Ubisoft coupon on, so if DRM was holding you back, you might be in luck :)

[quote name='DonRamon']And steam is down, I can't activate DSII.....seriously, wtf happened to Valve???[/QUOTE]

The epicness of a holiday sale.

Sorry for your luck though... I hate when that happens

Are there still more deals to come for today or are the 12/25-12/27 and 12/25 deals in the OP the only ones?

12/25 (there will be more and they will be impactful, I’ll continue to release details as we get closer to Christmas. The reason is that we have several high impact deals that we’re still discussing price point on.):

Not sure if I understood 'impactful' wrong, but for the most part, today's deals seem to be same (both game- and price-wise) we had during the Cyber Monday sale, no?

I didn't get any of the publisher coupon emails but I dropped an EA game and a THQ game into my cart and both showed a $5 promotional discount. So I wouldn't sweat the emails.

Of course, EA has nothing really on sale for $9.99+ worth applying the discount to and THQ has been mined pretty extensively the last few months but the thought is there.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']The multiple emails was a glitch.

From the 1st post...[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Oh well, looks like I'll wait for another lucky day when I can get the other Kingdoms of Amalur DLC for $5 so I can finally complete it.

-Supporting Amazon because they've been very good to the customers

-Way better customer support

-You own games for life, no matter what activation limit a game may have

-Easier with Amazon credit

-You get a $5 promo credit

[quote name='cl4ym4n']Are there still more deals to come for today or are the 12/25-12/27 and 12/25 deals in the OP the only ones?

Not sure if I understood 'impactful' wrong, but for the most part, today's deals seem to be same (both game- and price-wise) we had during the Cyber Monday sale, no?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that post was made when we were still deciding if we were going to take any of those deals down further in price. We ended up deciding not to go further since these were the deals we ran during Black Friday (you might have missed the few pages of disappointment around the $5 coupon promotion). Since there was so much conversation around people feeling upset around the $5 coupon we decided not to go deeper than the BF promos since it was arguably within a month.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'] Since there was so much conversation around people feeling upset around the $5 coupon we decided not to go deeper than the BF promos since it was arguably within a month.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

It's always amazing how the minorities always manage to spoil it for everyone.

Thanks for my thq coupon, I'm a happy camper right now, Merry Xmas Santa Tony!!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah that post was made when we were still deciding if we were going to take any of those deals down further in price. We ended up deciding not to go further since these were the deals we ran during Black Friday (you might have missed the few pages of disappointment around the $5 coupon promotion). Since there was so much conversation around people feeling upset around the $5 coupon we decided not to go deeper than the BF promos since it was arguably within a month.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for all your hard work either way.. Not upset with any deals you've had.. I've bought more off of amazon that I have steam... seems to be the norm though.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Yeah that post was made when we were still deciding if we were going to take any of those deals down further in price. We ended up deciding not to go further since these were the deals we ran during Black Friday (you might have missed the few pages of disappointment around the $5 coupon promotion). Since there was so much conversation around people feeling upset around the $5 coupon we decided not to go deeper than the BF promos since it was arguably within a month.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hi Tony, I may sound a little :)cry:) annoying... but is there going to be any deal on the total war grand master bundle? since the dlc-less version with viking is 20$ now?

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, was there a lot of rage on other forums? Seems like there was maybe a handful of people really upset about it here. Seems odd the promo would be altered or held back for them when I thought the majority was happy with it.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Not all of us feel that way. Don't let it get to you too much. There are still MANY of us who very much appreciate yours and Amazon's hard work. I for one thank you for this GIFT.

[quote name='chaosking121']So guys, I bought, downloaded and installed Rayman:Origins ($5 with coupon :D) and I don't see any sign that Tages was installed along with the game. Did some basic Google searching but I can't find any of the files they say that Tages should install. Also, I was never asked to manually enter my Serial Number, but I mainly buy from Steam (through Amazon mostly) so I don't know if that's normal.

Any idea how I could figure out if Tages was installed? Would really love this to be a DRM Free version like Steam's :D[/QUOTE]

I though Ubi removed ALL DRM except uPlay?

And Ubi also said Rayman would have no DRM
https://twitter.com/NateHawke/status/162581481074601984

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Out of curiosity, was there a lot of rage on other forums? Seems like there was maybe a handful of people really upset about it here. Seems odd the promo would be altered or held back for them when I thought the majority was happy with it.[/QUOTE]

No, but there was enough negative sentiment here, combined with the data analysis and projection around the strength of the deals we have in place (they are doing really well) to merit not risking further kicking the hornet's nest.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Sepioth']I though Ubi removed ALL DRM except uPlay?

And Ubi also said Rayman would have no DRM
https://twitter.com/NateHawke/status/162581481074601984[/QUOTE]

The whole thing was more like a big PR damage control event, it gave the impression they were going to correct all wrongs, yet they didn't, only their new releases come with uplay only.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']No, but there was enough negative sentiment here, combined with the data analysis and projection around the strength of the deals we have in place (they are doing really well) to merit not risking further kicking the hornet's nest.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

That is what we are trying to tell you, any negative sentiment to be found came from a handful of persons, maybe not even a handful, the vast majority remained positive about your work.

The whole affair was embarrassing, Steam sales have (had) always been like that, you grabbed a game at 66% regular sale one day and chances were the next you could see it at 75% daily sale, and life kept going forward.

[quote name='DonRamon']The whole thing was more like a big PR damage control event, it gave the impression they were going to correct all wrongs, yet they didn't, only their new releases come with uplay only.[/QUOTE]
Figures that's what they where doing. Can't imagine them removing from existing games .. that would require work an patches :)

But I did see that Steam version is DRM free .. :)

[quote name='Stonekeep']Hi Tony, I may sound a little :)cry:) annoying... but is there going to be any deal on the total war grand master bundle? since the dlc-less version with viking is 20$ now?[/QUOTE]

I second this. Anything you can do would be appreciated Tony. I know you're swamped and have all kinds of annoyances to deal with. ;)

I got the Darksiders Franchise today and I'll be getting the Desert to Sea & 2K Strategy Pack tomorrow. So I'm thrilled with the sale so far. :applause:

Also bought Scribblenauts, Batman Arkham Franchise, Nexuiz, and the Civ V Korea & Ancient World Combo pack. I'm also eyeing NBA 2K13 although I wish ti was still on sale tomorrow. Then it would be an insta-buy. :)

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Can you do me a favor and send me 1 order id from each publisher you qualify for credit from. I'll try to get it sorted before I get on my plane.

Edit: Getting on a plane soon so needs to be in the next hour and a half or so, otherwise I likely won't be able to get it as I'm flying across the country.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
PM sent. I bought the SR3 full package on 12/23 but got no code, and there's no discount showing up in my cart.

I did get a UbiSoft coupon for a prior purchase, but for some reason the THQ order didn't get picked up, and I really wanted to get either Darksiders II or Saints Row 2.

Thanks! Hope it reaches you before you get on the plane.

I have $3 promotion on top of $5 for THQ. I could either get DS Franchise for $5 or SRTT for free. Choices, choices... Any chance DS2 + DLC will ever be back down to $5 again? THQ is bankrupt after all.

Tony,

Thanks for your diligent and hard work. Not many would spend half of their Christmas break catering to customers on a 3rd party forum. Thanks again, hopefully you had a Merry Christmas.

Keep the deals coming.

Whats the best Assassin's Creed game to use the coupon on for someone new to the series? I actually got Assassin's Creed 3 for free today buying a Solid State Drive from Newegg. For those interested, today only sale,

Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128gb, only 119.99 and comes with a free copy of Assassin's Creed 3. Great deal for anyone in the market for an SSD, the free game is just a bonus.

So, what's the best Assassin's Creed to start with as I have a Ubisoft coupon to use today.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'].................... Since there was so much conversation around people feeling upset around the $5 coupon we decided not to go deeper than the BF promos since it was arguably within a month.........
[/QUOTE]

GOOD JOB PEOPLE!!! :wall:

O well, I'm still grabbing that 2K pack tomorrow!!! W00T! Thanks Tony!

[quote name='lassiterb']Never thought I'd say this, but: Eff steam (their holiday sale anyway, the worst ever). At least someone is picking up the slack, and doing a great job at it. Merry christmas everyone![/QUOTE]

I'm actually glad Steam has another legitimate -- nay, dominating -- competitor :) I lurve scrounging for weirdo pricing glitches at Gamersgate and the occasional great deal at other digital distributors, but the great bundles, coupons, this awesome thread, and Tony have completely swung me around to almost exclusively Amazon for my PCDD shopping this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back