Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']CAGS,

I think 2K has put together a phenomenal set of promotions for us all. I'd like to start doing the "tell us what you bought" thing in this thread if you all are cool with it.

With that, I'd love to hear what 2K games you snagged and are psyched about so far this holiday!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Bought the WTF Pack for 9.99$
And
Borderlands 2 4-Pack for 84.99

Planning on getting the Desert and Sea bundle on 1/1 with a 5$ coupon if it's still 9.99$ and the coupon will apply to it!

2k by far has had the best packs so far IMO.

[quote name='MrBonk']Bought the WTF Pack for 9.99$
And
Borderlands 2 4-Pack for 84.99

Planning on getting the Desert and Sea bundle on 1/1 with a 5$ coupon if it's still 9.99$ and the coupon will apply to it!

2k by far has had the best packs so far IMO.[/QUOTE]
$5 coupons which are valid from the 1st of January will apply only to Editor's Choice Digital Games.

Should I go for the 2k strategy pack (with the coupon that I didn't received yet, but there's time) or the (improbable) Total War Grand Master at 75%... Tony? :D
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Just backfilled a bunch of pms with order ids. Give it a few minutes. Please feel free to PM me if you haven't gotten your 2k coupon, I need an order id.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

oh, here you go.
Order Placed: December 24, 2012
Amazon.com order number: 110-5102893-3433031
Thanks.

Received a $5 2K games credit today for buying BioShock pack for 4.99 last month. Ended up with the WTF pack for 4.99 after the credit was applied. Not too shabby. Now I contemplating getting the Sega Classics collection and the Dreamcast collection for 4.99 each.

[quote name='juanjava']Grabbed the Desert to sea bundle... already had both bioshock games but is worth for Spec Ops (I think)[/QUOTE]

You're right. It is. I've mainly heard that you really want to play it for the story, so pop it on easy and enjoy.

I got my 2k credit, picked up the 2k Shooter pack at around $1.20 per game. I already own the console versions, but for a $1.20, it's good to have a PC back up. That's it for me. You get no more of my money. Well... unless something awesome shows up in January. I'm not making any promises.

Did they stop giving away the $5 credits and F2P bonus stuff upon purchases? Bought the THQ Medley yesterday and didn't get anything else in my inbox, apart from the actual receipt?

[quote name='SCMoney360']You're right. It is. I've mainly heard that you really want to play it for the story, so pop it on easy and enjoy.[/QUOTE]

If the story is as good as darkness 2, I don't care if the game lasts a couple hours... I really have so little time to play, I want games that catches me. Grimrock is having my soul right now.

[quote name='cl4ym4n']Did they stop giving away the $5 credits and F2P bonus stuff upon purchases? Bought the THQ Medley yesterday and didn't get anything else in my inbox, apart from the actual receipt?[/QUOTE]

I believe the credits were only for purchases made before 12/25, as they only applied on 12/25.

[quote name='Broken Cage']I believe the credits were only for purchases made before 12/25, as they only applied on 12/25.[/QUOTE]

He means the editor's choice credits. They are good in January. I am curious as well because I didn't get one with my Darksiders purchase. I figured I would be patient and wait a few days before bugging anyone though.

I think 2K has put together a phenomenal set of promotions for us all. I'd like to start doing the "tell us what you bought" thing in this thread if you all are cool with it.

With that, I'd love to hear what 2K games you snagged and are psyched about so far this holiday!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]Got NBA2k13 for $9.99 shortly after midnight. I got like 6 $5 coupons for January, so this is what I'm gonna get. Dark Souls, 2k Strategy Super Pack, Desert to Sea Bundle, and Hitman Absolution. I still have 2 $5 coupon, and no idea what else to spend it on. Maybe Hotline Miami? If only these coupon stacked next month. :(

[quote name='yaynick']He means the editor's choice credits. They are good in January. I am curious as well because I didn't get one with my Darksiders purchase. I figured I would be patient and wait a few days before bugging anyone though.[/QUOTE]

Well if that's the case, I got the $5.00 Editor's Choice credit email at 7:15 this morning when I purchased the 2k Shooter Pack, so they're definitely still doing it.

Good Morning Tony,

I purchased the 2K Strategy Pack on Dec 20th, 2012.

The order number is: 107-8622804-3890622.

It doesn't look like I got the 2K promo credit applied to my account. I didn't get the email either.

Just sent a PM about it, but also included my order id above.

Thanks,
Tanner

So only 2k coupons still work? I never got to use my THQ one. I was gonna buy SR2 yesterday but it straight up stopped working for the rest of theday after I clicked buy on SR3 (but didn't check out)

I'm tempted to get the WTF pack and keep Darkness for myself and gift out Duke and Borderlands. Not sure which friend to give Borderlands and Duke to though.

[quote name='nny']I'm tempted to get the WTF pack and keep Darkness for myself and gift out Duke and Borderlands. Not sure which friend to give Borderlands and Duke to though.[/QUOTE]

hi friend xD

[quote name='hailey']So only 2k coupons still work? I never got to use my THQ one. I was gonna buy SR2 yesterday but it straight up stopped working for the rest of theday after I clicked buy on SR3 (but didn't check out)[/QUOTE]

Check out gamersgate if they still have if for sale. Someone was saying something about it. Like if you buy it through the uk gg store and using your blue coins and what not

anyone know if you can double up on the $5 credit towards the 2012 Editors Choice games in January with purchase on Amazon? I picked up Just Cause 2 for $3.74 and got the $5 credit and I'm wondering if I could buy something else cheap and get it again. Trying to knock down the price of Far Cry 3.

[quote name='venkman781']anyone know if you can double up on the $5 credit towards the 2012 Editors Choice games in January with purchase on Amazon? I picked up Just Cause 2 for $3.74 and got the $5 credit and I'm wondering if I could buy something else cheap and get it again. Trying to knock down the price of Far Cry 3.[/QUOTE]

They don't stack

[quote name='venkman781']anyone know if you can double up on the $5 credit towards the 2012 Editors Choice games in January with purchase on Amazon? I picked up Just Cause 2 for $3.74 and got the $5 credit and I'm wondering if I could buy something else cheap and get it again. Trying to knock down the price of Far Cry 3.[/QUOTE]

One per purchase. You could use another one, but it would have to be on a separate order.

Edit: I was beaten, and this post is now redundant. Hm...

Well, I hope Civilization V stand alone is put on sale for a good price...yep....

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']Got NBA2k13 for $9.99 shortly after midnight. I got like 6 $5 coupons for January, so this is what I'm gonna get. Dark Souls, 2k Strategy Super Pack, Desert to Sea Bundle, and Hitman Absolution. I still have 2 $5 coupon, and no idea what else to spend it on. Maybe Hotline Miami? If only these coupon stacked next month. :([/QUOTE]

Most of those aren't even on the Amazon editor's choice list. Personally, I only see TWD and Hotline (I guess) for myself. Waiting (read: hoping) for more

Anyone have an opinion about Lego LOTR? I have not watched the movies or read the books, and am wondering if Lego LOTR can deliver from a story aspect. Also I do not enjoy mindless collection of items and am not a "100% completion" kind of person. Will I enjoy the game? [single player only]

[quote name='dwg22']Most of those aren't even on the Amazon editor's choice list. Personally, I only see TWD and Hotline (I guess) for myself. Waiting (read: hoping) for more[/QUOTE]They need to add more games to the editors choice. Will at least get Dark Souls. Only 30 games on the list. Thought it worked on any game, but its only on their editor's choice. Real bummer.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511

I bought 3 games yesterday. The game that I purchased without a coupon, I received promotional credits. But for the other 2 I used coupons (THQ and Ubi) and I didn't receive any promotional credits for them. Looks like it's hit or miss as to whether people are receiving credits for games on which you use coupons?

[quote name='tritangle']I bought 3 games yesterday. The game that I purchased without a coupon, I received promotional credits. But for the other 2 I used coupons (THQ and Ubi) and I didn't receive any promotional credits for them. Looks like it's hit or miss as to whether people are receiving credits for games on which you use coupons?[/QUOTE]
I received the usual 5$ credit and the Airmech stuff for using the THQ coupon on the Darksiders pack :/

Still haven't got my 2K coupon. I don't know what I should even get because I got the 2K shooter pack so getting desert bundle I would have extra bioshocks and the WTF bundle I'd have an extra borderlands and duke nukem.

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']They need to add more games to the editors choice. Will at least get Dark Souls. Only 30 games on the list. Thought it worked on any game, but its only on their editor's choice. Real bummer.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511[/QUOTE]

I do get the feeling that Amazon is trying to dissuade people from actually using credits. Almost none of their credits stack anymore, even the Amazon Instant Video ones. They've also loaded me with more game-specific credits than I know what to do with. I've probably got almost $150.00 worth of APB credits at this point. It just seems like their credits have become so specific that unless you are looking for one of a handfull of titles, it's going to go to waste.

[quote name='Zerokoolpsx']They need to add more games to the editors choice. Will at least get Dark Souls. Only 30 games on the list. Thought it worked on any game, but its only on their editor's choice. Real bummer.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000728511[/QUOTE]

And some of the "30" are duplicates :/ I've got 12 of these credits so I'm hoping for some of the few games I've restrained myself from buying (I.e Hitman, TW: FotS, Syndicate, etc). I hope Tony can save the day :D

If anybody has DNF Complete, Darkness 2, or Spec Ops they'd be willing to let go of for cheap let me know. I want all of them and can't make up my mind! LOL

[quote name='kataztrophik']If anybody has DNF Complete, Darkness 2, or Spec Ops they'd be willing to let go of for cheap let me know. I want all of them and can't make up my mind! LOL[/QUOTE]

I thought about hanging onto my DNF code, but I assumed no one would ever want it, so I just applied it to my Steam account incase I got nostalgic in the future. Guess I should have waited.

[quote name='Stonekeep']I know for sure that this one is new
http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-40980-Collection1-Collection/dp/B007JL1LUQ/

I'm tempted, but I'm still hoping on the grand master collection (I'm not buying anything because of that! Tonyyyyyy :D)[/QUOTE]

FYI before anyone asks, their Mount and Blade does not activate on Steam.

Most games are really clear cut in that they either activate on Steam wherever you buy it or they don't no matter where you get it from. Mount and Blade is one of those oddball games where so stores sell a version that activates on Steam and some do not.

[quote name='Broken Cage']I thought about hanging onto my DNF code, but I assumed no one would ever want it, so I just applied it to my Steam account incase I got nostalgic in the future. Guess I should have waited.[/QUOTE]

I already have a base copy of the DNF game as a key from an Nvidia graphics card, but seeing the COMPLETE pack makes me want it still. For anybody who's played through the game and the DLC's, are the DLC's worthwhile? Should I just redeem the DNF base game that I already have?

I got the 2K coupon and used it to buy The WTF Pack.

My only complaint towards 2K is that I haven't seen any good Mafia II or Mafia deals this time, except the 2K Mega Pack which has Mafia II, but I wasn't fully interested in that pack.

Anyhow, the 2K deals are pretty good!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I'm really really REALLY happy to get X-com for $20. I hope that wasn't taking advantage of a glitch or something. I still need to pick up Spec Ops, Darkness 2, Creature Slaughter Dome, and Gods & Kings. My best 2k purchase of the year was BL2 for $36. I'm almost 300 hours in and still loving it. Thanks for a fun 2012 2k & Tony!

Since I'm posting anyway - can anyone recommend the X-com DLC's?

[quote name='Cyrcle']Wish Lego Star Wars & the other Lego games that aren't on sale would go to 75% off. :([/QUOTE]

Me too. Call me a LEGO "kid" :D
I know, it's childish. But reminds me of good times.

[quote name='Seraphym']I'm really really REALLY happy to get X-com for $20. I hope that wasn't taking advantage of a glitch or something. I still need to pick up Spec Ops, Darkness 2, and Gods & Kings. My best 2k purchase of the year was BL2 for $36. I'm almost 300 hours in and still loving it. Thanks for a fun 2012 2k & Tony!

Since I'm posting anyway - can anyone recommend the X-com DLC's?[/QUOTE]

I think Tony has said before that as customers, we shouldn't need to worry if Amazon makes a profit or their numbers. That's their job. It's just natural for consumers/customers to want the best best deal, glitch or not so I think he'll just say enjoy it. :)

In regards to the Editor's Choice stuff, I'm pretty confident that Tony will pull through since these same concerns happened last year as well.

If they pull an EA and make all the EC stuff higher priced, then that would be a colossal fail and not worth the time spent to promote this whole thing. I definitely expect Hotline Miami to hit 7.49 during the promo and some maybe same or slightly better than what we saw so far...

Amazon is a huge company and stock's at an all time high, I don't think they're going to sweat a few bucks when they are taking market share and getting more and more people to buy stuff "other" than books and CDs on their site now.

Almost all my steam purchases are here as many other converts I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back