Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']CAGS,

I think 2K has put together a phenomenal set of promotions for us all. I'd like to start doing the "tell us what you bought" thing in this thread if you all are cool with it.

With that, I'd love to hear what 2K games you snagged and are psyched about so far this holiday!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

December 19, 2012
View Order Details | View Invoice
Order Number: 103-6309670-2060249
Recipient: Jose

Thanks Tony, i also sent you a PM :)

I think 2K has put together a phenomenal set of promotions for us all. I'd like to start doing the "tell us what you bought" thing in this thread if you all are cool with it.

With that, I'd love to hear what 2K games you snagged and are psyched about so far this holiday!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I grabbed Gods & Kings for Civ V and Spec Ops The Line, Borderlands GOTY, and XCom. 2k has put out my most played games this year. I just wish that there was a dlc bundle for Civ V since I only have the base game.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

The only thing I wanted from 2k was BL2 but you said on thread it might not have been on sale so I spent me monies on something else, as for the packs, I already had BL1 and Bioshock so the value just wasn't there for me.

Would've loved to get Spec Ops and BL2 though, psyched about those and will grab them the first chance I get.

Is anyone else still waiting on their 2K credit? It's been a couple days now but I haven't been following the thread all that much.

I got a THQ credit promptly after making a 2K purchase (for a THQ purchase earlier in the year) but no 2K credit ever.

Tony, not sure if this is possible or not, but with order 108-0148265-8303427, I accidentally purchased the mixed DRM version of the pack, and not the all Steam version. Is it possible to switch to the all steam version? Thanks :)

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Awesome games, awesome bundles and awesome prices from 2k this season :) I purchased the WTF pack with coupon, the Bioshock pack, and Spec Ops on the last BF gamespot show

[quote name='sabanoo']Is anyone else still waiting on their 2K credit? It's been a couple days now but I haven't been following the thread all that much.

I got a THQ credit promptly after making a 2K purchase (for a THQ purchase earlier in the year) but no 2K credit ever.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. me,

[quote name='Stonekeep']Should I go for the 2k strategy pack (with the coupon that I didn't received yet, but there's time) or the (improbable) Total War Grand Master at 75%... Tony? :D
oh, here you go.
Order Placed: December 24, 2012
Amazon.com order number: 110-5102893-3433031
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Lol at the "Lego LOTRO" in the title. I wish they had made a Lego Lord of the Rings Online, the game might actually have been a lot more fun than the current MMO.

[quote name='sabanoo']Is anyone else still waiting on their 2K credit? It's been a couple days now but I haven't been following the thread all that much.

I got a THQ credit promptly after making a 2K purchase (for a THQ purchase earlier in the year) but no 2K credit ever.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting as well. Bought Civ5: Gods & Kings on the 20th of November. I got the $5 "Editors Choice" credit, but not the 2K one.

Hey Tony,

Any word on if/when the Editor's Choice list will be finalized? Seem to remember you mentioning that some games might get added based on December sales, just curious when the full list of possible games will be available for our viewing pleasure

[quote name='awestover89']Hey Tony,

Any word on if/when the Editor's Choice list will be finalized? Seem to remember you mentioning that some games might get added based on December sales, just curious when the full list of possible games will be available for our viewing pleasure[/QUOTE]

If this year's January sale was any indication, there won't be a final list. Games will be added or subtracted on the fly as the month progresses.

[quote name='chaosking121']If this year's January sale was any indication, there won't be a final list. Games will be added or subtracted on the fly as the month progresses.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, to be honest this is my first year following the Amazon sales, and it's all thanks to somebody linking me this thread.

Anybody know if the Sine Mora Amazon copy activates on Steam? "Santa" left me some Amazon gift certificates and I'd rather use them than pay out of pocket on Steam.

Thanks in advance,

DA

Hey guys. Fairly new to downloading games on Amazon. I just bought Endless Space and on the page it says I will get a $5 credit to us on an editors choice game in January. When will I receive this credit and where will I find it. Thank you so much for you help!!!!

[quote name='DeusAtrox']Anybody know if the Sine Mora Amazon copy activates on Steam? "Santa" left me some Amazon gift certificates and I'd rather use them than pay out of pocket on Steam.

Thanks in advance,

DA[/QUOTE]

yes Amazon carries the steam version, it even says so in the product description

[quote name='oman19']Hey guys. Fairly new to downloading games on Amazon. I just bought Endless Space and on the page it says I will get a $5 credit to us on an editors choice game in January. When will I receive this credit and where will I find it. Thank you so much for you help!!!![/QUOTE]
In your mail in a matter of hours/days.

[quote name='DeusAtrox']Anybody know if the Sine Mora Amazon copy activates on Steam? "Santa" left me some Amazon gift certificates and I'd rather use them than pay out of pocket on Steam.

Thanks in advance,

DA[/QUOTE]

It's $1.85 after 30% off coupon right now at Green Man Gaming, Steam activate-able. On second glance they ran out of keys (not surprising, it's awesome), they might restock though.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

2K Deals were amazing. I purchased WTF and Super Strategy packs, and Xcom. Would've picked up Borderlands 2, but with the certainty for a GOTY edition sometime soon, I held off. Love what I got, awesome deals. Literally unrivaled.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

2K - WTF Pack with coupon. Only pack with a game I didn't own (Darkness 2). But even so, great price and I'll gift Borderlands to a friend so we can play coop sometime.

EA - Alice Madness Returns with coupon. I've wanted this game forever. Finally caved and got it :D

THQ - I'm holding on on Darksiders 2 in hope that it'll be on the Editor's Picks list. But who could pass up in SR3 Complete for 2.50? (Hint: not me.)

Ubisoft - Rayman Origins with coupon. Took a chance on this one since I read it uses Tages, but the version I downloaded didn't use any DRM as far as I can tell (I posted a lot about this earlier in the thread). My brother loves it for his Vita and I think I'll enjoy it a lot once school resumes and I only have enough time to play games in short bursts.

All in all, it was a great sale. Also, I've got more $5 editors choice coupons than I will ever need. Thank you so much Tony for all the hard work you put in for us :) Really appreciate it!

Hello All,
If anyone is willing to sell or trade Borderlands GOTY, please send me a PM. I am trying to get couple of them to share with my brothers for multiplayer and I have no interest in rest of the games in bundles.
Thanks

Unlike most others, I had a lot of trouble finding something I could buy without stumbling over something I already owned 2k-wise. Damn shame they jacked the price up on the Civ V religion adding expansion or I'd have gotten that. Or the fact that the Civ+SH bundle was the only one up at $20 while the other packs I owned the games of were $10.

So I went with the Mechromancer. I already got BL2 from my Geforce 670, so I figure since the Mechromancer is not part of the Season Pass, $5 for it is pretty decent for when I play through it here soon. Then when 2k decides to give us a decent sale on the Season Pass, I can go get that, too.

Although, they're probably more likely to wait for a GOTY edition and then keep the Season Pass high, forcing me to buy BL2, the expansion, and every DLC in the process.

Tony, the deals are weak with this one. The only company that seems to get what deals are about is WB, but they are doing a great job with it. There are just too many deals dependent on bundles of old games that I mostly have. Or coupons that require $5/10 purchases on games whose prices conveniently inflate the moment the coupon is about to become active.

How I would have loved to buy the EA Need for Speed bundle with Shift/Shift 2 with my coupon, but it went from $7.50 to $30. Honestly? Weaksauce. EA, why you playin' me like that?

[quote name='espy605']It's $1.85 after 30% off coupon right now at Green Man Gaming, Steam activate-able. On second glance they ran out of keys (not surprising, it's awesome), they might restock though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I'll hold and keep an eye out.

LazyTriangle, Thanks man--sorry LOL I never learned to read. :)

Cheers guys, you're all the best!

- DA

So far this Holiday sale I've gotten:

Darksiders Pack with $5 THQ Coupon (Awesome awesome deal)

I've been buying a little more from Gamersgate this sale, mostly because they have more games on sale overall so more oddball stuff for me to try out.

2K: I grabbed the Sea&Land, but I already had Bioshock so I gifted it to a friend who was so excited. (With coupon!)

THQ: Darksiders w/coupon. Such a good deal.

Tony, you rock!

My purchases:

Lego Lord of the Rings - Been considering getting this for a while and $7.50 seemed like a good price.
Scribblenauts Unlimited - I wish I had not gotten this as a gift through Steam ($20) earlier but decided to try it myself for $7.50.
NBA 2k13 - Was waiting for a better price and went for it at $15.
Darksiders II Season Pass - With the $5 credit applied, it seemed worth $1.59.
Desert to Sea Bundle - Bioshock 1+2 and Spec Ops the Line for $5 after coupon.

I did not see anything that I wanted to use my EA coupon on.

[quote name='Stonekeep']If you're not interested in the dlcs:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AEV8NWW/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know, but I was hoping for them separate (only want FotS and Viking).

Also, purchases:
Kane and Lynch 1 - Had sequel, never really see it go on sale
SEGA Genesis Pack - Finally had to bite on this one...
Darksiders 2 pack - Used the THQ coupon
Scribblenauts - Bought one for my bro earlier @ $20, so of course I had to pick up one for myself @ $7.50
Costume Quest - Another small title
Dead Island - Didn't know much about it, seemed cheap, had a blast playing it last night :D

Can't wait for January, when my 13 coupons get put to use :O

Just picked up battlefield premium for $29.99!

Glad I checked here because I was about to order from Origin. Thanks for the master list in the OP :)

A little request!
Anyone else interested in Dead Space 1 & 2 ? a bundle would be so cool! or maybe a little price reduction on downloadable ones ^^

Also i continue to push my little crusuade for Settlers 7 !!

Tony you would reach 11/10 in my chart with these deals ^^

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']sorry for the quesion that has probably already been answered but if i buy the specops the line/ bioshock pack today for $9.99 will i get the $5 credit?[/QUOTE]

$5 credit to use in January (Editor's Choice)...yes.

I bought guild wars 2 and after playing it i dont care for it all that much, appears i wasted 30.00. Anyone buy it and get bored of it pretty quickly or am i alone.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']sorry for the quesion that has probably already been answered but if i buy the specops the line/ bioshock pack today for $9.99 will i get the $5 credit?[/QUOTE]

On 2k games? no.

[quote name='phantom4']I bought guild wars 2 and after playing it i dont care for it all that much, appears i wasted 30.00. Anyone buy it and get bored of it pretty quickly or am i alone.[/QUOTE]

No demo or trial = no buying for me. $30 is too much of a gamble if I'm not absolutely certain I will enjoy to the fullest extent.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']are those expected to be good? i mainly just want to get spec ops[/QUOTE]

The list is expected to shuffle throughout January. What you see if the initial offering. As to what may or may not be added is anyone's (except maybe Tony's) guess.

Still deciding between Spec Ops and The Darkness II...

Really kicking myself for not getting PoP:2T when it was $2.50. It's the only PoP game I don't have and I would have been able to get AC:R for $2.50 as well with the Ubi coupon. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back