Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='agentghost']I want to grab Civ 5 - God and Kings but don't have a 2K coupon? Is there any cheap dlc from 2k I can buy to get the $5 off?[/QUOTE]
You only got a 2K coupon if you bought a 2K game prior to the 26th. :whistle2:# (Unless it was recently changed.)

[quote name='MysterD']I say let's go for the whole enchilanda here w/ this bundle:

The 2K Gangster Bundle:
Mafia 1 + Mafia 2 + ALL Mafia 2 DLC + GTA3 + GTA: Vice City + GTA: San Andreas + GTAIV: Complete Edition[/QUOTE]
not sure if serious

[quote name='Motoki']Bethesda might be in the market for a slightly more competent 3rd party reseller for their Steamworks games soon.

Just sayin. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Lol

But if I was Tony I would be definitely giving Bethesda a call talking about all the ways Amazon studies pricing, handles customer outreach perfectly, and has strict inventory management systems in place.

Hell Tony, if you need some references tell Bethesda to just go through this thread. Your work speaks for itself.

Good point,

I'll whip up a quick page on one of my personal websites and give it to you guys to use as a link.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='nategator']Sorry Tony, just saw this.

I don't know if SD will be chill with always posting a link back to CAG. That referral compensation stuff can get testy between sites and I know that SD already has a policy against us posting private referral links. Last thing I want to see is SD blocking CAG links/references like they do for FW, Ebates, etc.

So how would you like us to put your contact info? We can always reference CAG and hope they come over here if they have an issue (or want to hear about the deal first) or we could post an email address, phone number, twitter, Amazon forum, etc. Let us know and I am sure xanchui, insom., and of course I will make sure that your contact info makes at least the wiki, no problem.

EDIT: I'm telling you, some CAGers are intrigued by my bundle idea (the Depressing Pack FTW!). Tell 2K they are passing on a gold mine there...

I bet you'd sell more copies than a 4-pack Borderlands 2 deal for 11.49! :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='poxi']not sure if serious[/QUOTE]

Even though I own all of those except Mafia 2 DLC...
DEAD Serious.
Both GTA series and Mafia series are great.

EDIT:
A big problem might be - A LOT of people might already own many of these games, though...

[quote name='Motoki']Bethesda might be in the market for a slightly more competent 3rd party reseller for their Steamworks games soon.

Just sayin. ;)

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']lmao!!! :whistle2: X[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nategator']Lol

But if I was Tony I would be definitely giving Bethesda a call talking about all the ways Amazon studies pricing, handles customer outreach perfectly, and has strict inventory management systems in place.

Hell Tony, if you need some references tell Bethesda to just go through this thread. Your work speaks for itself.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='awestover89']Yeah, would absolutely love to see some Bethesda digital deals on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, as much as I hate to see the little guy go down, if the amount of laws they are breaking right now won't end their business, the huge reputation backlash will.

Would be nice to have Bethesda on Amazon and surely seems like a good time to go in for the kill.

I'd personally like to see smaller Sonic bundles. Like, I'd love to grab Sonic 1+2+3+& Knuckles, but maybe not so much the newest stuff.

The last Sonic pack was awesome, but way too much stuff and way too expensive for me.

[quote name='MysterD']Even though I own all of those except Mafia 2 DLC...
DEAD Serious.
Both GTA series and Mafia series are great.

EDIT:
A big problem might be - A LOT of people might already own many of these games, though...[/QUOTE]
GTA is made and published by Rockstar, not 2K, so I doubt your bundle idea can be realized.

[quote name='DonRamon']Oh yes, as much as I hate to see the little guy go down, if the amount of laws they are breaking right now won't end their business, the huge reputation backlash will.

Would be nice to have Bethesda on Amazon and surely seems like a good time to go in for the kill.[/QUOTE]

downloader.php

[quote name='poxi']GTA is made and published by Rockstar, not 2K, so I doubt your bundle idea can be realized.[/QUOTE]

take two is the distributor
2k=take two

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'd personally like to see smaller Sonic bundles. Like, I'd love to grab Sonic 1+2+3+& Knuckles, but maybe not so much the newest stuff.

The last Sonic pack was awesome, but way too much stuff and way too expensive for me.[/QUOTE]

I agree but for a different reason. I have all the newer non-emulator Sonic stuff and I have the huge $5 pack-o-Genesis joy that has all the emulator games but Sonic (and Toejam and Earl) so for me a smaller pack that allows me to fill that gap in my collection would be quite nice.

It's also, as pointed out, a more affordable way to grab some Sonic games without having to completely go whole hog.

Edit: And Toejam, don't forgot Toejam. :p

[quote name='tham1988']take two is the distributor
2k=take two[/QUOTE]
I know Take Two constists of Rockstar and 2K, but it doesn't mean 2K = Rockstar.
At least for me.

[quote name='poxi']I know Take Two constists of Rockstar and 2K, but it doesn't mean 2K = Rockstar.
At least for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying that I think distributor would matter for the sake of putting bundles together

[quote name='poxi']I know Take Two constists of Rockstar and 2K, but it doesn't mean 2K = Rockstar.
At least for me.[/QUOTE]

We actually had a big ol confusing discussion about this many pages back.

the tl;dr is sometimes yes, sometimes no. depends on the relationships between devs and studios.

The more I think about it, there is probably some branding issues too. For example EA has done a lot of borging of Bioware but they still run Bioware game bundles separate from EA's other games.

Xbox sale for the walking dead is $10 (200 ms points per episode, but episode 1 is free), why can't we get it at that price or lower? Get it done Tony

[quote name='Severose']
downloader.php
[/QUOTE]

Well, some times it's hard to keep up with this thread, if I missed anything important by all means point me to it.

:applause:

[quote name='Motoki']I agree but for a different reason. I have all the newer non-emulator Sonic stuff and I have the huge $5 pack-o-Genesis joy that has all the emulator games but Sonic (and Toejam and Earl) so for me a smaller pack that allows me to fill that gap in my collection would be quite nice.

It's also, as pointed out, a more affordable way to grab some Sonic games without having to completely go whole hog.

Edit: And Toejam, don't forgot Toejam. :p[/QUOTE]

...And what about Earl?

[quote name='nategator']EA has done a lot of borging of Bioware but they still run Bioware game bundles separate from EA's other games.[/QUOTE]

this sounds like a good comparison

[quote name='perfectsil']Xbox sale for the walking dead is $10 (200 ms points per episode, but episode 1 is free), why can't we get it at that price or lower? Get it done Tony[/QUOTE]

well damn
might have to just get it on xbox

[quote name='DonRamon']Well, some times it's hard to keep up with this thread, if I missed anything important by all means point me to it.

:applause:[/QUOTE]

Nah, I just wanted to post that because I laughed unreasonably at it, didn't see a chance, and used you as a scape goat. Sorry. :cry:

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'd personally like to see smaller Sonic bundles. Like, I'd love to grab Sonic 1+2+3+& Knuckles, but maybe not so much the newest stuff.

The last Sonic pack was awesome, but way too much stuff and way too expensive for me.[/QUOTE]

/agree, maybe include sonic cd as well

I would buy a similar "Sonic Retro" pack!!

[quote name='Severose']Nah, I just wanted to post that because I laughed unreasonably at it, didn't see a chance, and used you as a scape goat. Sorry. :cry:[/QUOTE]

don't worry, be happy, just not at my expense.... ;)

[quote name='joeyshadows']Anyone pick up black light? Tempted at 1.50.[/QUOTE]
Don't bother, it's pretty much a purely multiplayer game, and literally no one plays.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']FYI. We are likely going to move 3 products in the Civ sale to less than a 75% discount, these are Civ V Gods and Kings, Civ V, and Civ IV Complete.

We're going to take each of these products to $9.99 so that customers with 2K coupons will be able to get them for $4.99.

This decision was made 38 seconds ago at my boss's desk. Again, before potential flames creep up, I did announce several pages back that customers interested in the Civ products should wait until 12/28.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

TONY!

Rawr! I already used mine on the only thing that was remotely interesting: the Mechromancer DLC. Now you give me what I specifically called out for in that post and... I can't get it. For the same... $5. For the same...

All that said, looking past the coupon many of us no longer have, any chance of the deal pushing through into the new year so the rest of us schmucks (wah-wah-waaaaaah...) can use one of our bajillions of $5 credits to bring religion to the heathens of Civ V?

With regards to Slickdeals, is it okay to just suggest that they look at the forums on CAG as it may answer their questions. Yes, I saw some griping on SD, but just PM'ed the people I knew to basically say Tony has it covered, be patient or in some cases, contact CS for application of the $5 credit.

Maybe it is just me, I do not understand why some on SD do not like CAG. If you look at their deal postings a significant amount are regarding games. Why not look on CAG for more information?

Any word on Mass Effect 3 sale this January? Seeing it is in the $5 promo list, I keep wondering if it is a good idea to get the regular edition now from GMG for $8,5 or wait for a possible sale for approx same price from Amazon on the Digital Deluxe, lol.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Don't bother, it's pretty much a purely multiplayer game, and literally no one plays.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. That's what I figured.

[quote name='glyph42']Speaking of GTA... these Amazon prices have been so good lately that it almost feels like stealing! :D

gtatony.jpg
[/QUOTE]

*dead*

[quote name='waabulo']With regards to Slickdeals, is it okay to just suggest that they look at the forums on CAG as it may answer their questions. Yes, I saw some griping on SD, but just PM'ed the people I knew to basically say Tony has it covered, be patient or in some cases, contact CS for application of the $5 credit.

Maybe it is just me, I do not understand why some on SD do not like CAG. If you look at their deal postings a significant amount are regarding games. Why not look on CAG for more information?[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Not this again.

It doesn't matter how you feel about other forums. The few CAGers that repost on other forum communities help Amazon make more sales. Amazon having more sales gives Tony a better bargaining position. This means Tony can negotiate better deals for your benefit.

And I'm sorry if I implied at all that there was any hostility from SD members to CAG members. It's more of just an abundance of caution concerning the guys who run the forums. Forum sites like SD and CAG pay for their servers through referral links. Every time you make a purchase by clicking a CAG link, CAG may receive compensation. And if I learned one thing in life, you never mess with other people's money lightly. But I may be too paranoid on this issue as well and I certainly don't speak for anyone else in my posts.

So if you like CAG, purchase using CAG links.

I myself have been purchasing mostly through CAG but that's because it's usually the site I spend the most time talking about Amazon deals.

I've also been reposting less Amazon deals and letting others take care of it, mostly because some people can be very rude out of ignorance (please note, I'm not talking about any the posts on this thread). I hope next time that Tony asks someone to update the SD community, that person does not decline because they might get flamed.

As to the specific question -- it's because you guys are a subset of the deal hunters out there. Most folks spend their time on a general forum like slickdeals, fatwallet, or the general reddit threads. So they're not going to spend a lot of time on CAG because they want to know about all the deals online out there -- not just video games. That's why the reposts are helpful, we're spreading deal news to a larger audience.

I would buy the Desert to Sea bundle but I already own both Bioshocks. I would buy the WTF pack but I already own Borderlands. Is there someway I can get a bundle with just the Darkness 2, Duke Nukem, and Spec Ops?

[quote name='bazookajoex9']I would buy the Desert to Sea bundle but I already own both Bioshocks. I would buy the WTF pack but I already own Borderlands. Is there someway I can get a bundle with just the Darkness 2, Duke Nukem, and Spec Ops?[/QUOTE]
I wish.

[quote name='nategator']Ugh. Not this again.

It doesn't matter how you feel about other forums. The few CAGers that repost on other forum communities help Amazon make more sales. Amazon having more sales gives Tony a better bargaining position. This means Tony can negotiate better deals for your benefit.

And I'm sorry if I implied at all that there was any hostility from SD members to CAG members. It's more of just an abundance of caution concerning the guys who run the forums. Forum sites like SD and CAG pay for their servers through referral links. Every time you make a purchase by clicking a CAG link, CAG may receive compensation. And if I learned one thing in life, you never mess with other people's money lightly. But I may be too paranoid on this issue as well and I certainly don't speak for anyone else in my posts.

So if you like CAG, purchase using CAG links.

I myself have been purchasing mostly through CAG but that's because it's usually the site I spend the most time talking about Amazon deals.

I've also been reposting less Amazon deals and letting others take care of it, mostly because some people can be very rude out of ignorance (please note, I'm not talking about any the posts on this thread). I hope next time that Tony asks someone to update the SD community, that person does not decline because they might get flamed.

As to the specific question -- it's because you guys are a subset of the deal hunters out there. Most folks spend their time on a general forum like slickdeals, fatwallet, or the general reddit threads. So they're not going to spend a lot of time on CAG because they want to know about all the deals online out there -- not just video games. That's why the reposts are helpful, we're spreading deal news to a larger audience.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the information. Kind of what I thought. I only get a little miffed at the SDers who whine about CAG and others that blatantly copy and paste from CAG to SD without giving credit. I am all for spreading the news and love, but I like to give credit to whom it is due. I like reading about video game deals on CAG and other deals on SD. I really appreciate that Tony can interact wtih CAG and offers insight into deals and even admits when it may be better to make a purchase at a different site if you want the title now.

Tony, there are a couple of things I would appreciate amazon thinking of;
-better interface for video games and other products. Nevertheless, I do believe that if you navigate to the digital deals page, most people can find the most popular deals there.
-sort by publisher
-better filters for physical media i.e. used games
-better influence with Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc... to have them pay amazon for forums where we the customers voice what we want to see as far as features of their hardware, software, interface, complilations, etc...

Yes, I have a dream - Sony puts out a HD complilation of Persona and another one of other Shin Tegami Tensei ie Nocturne, Devil Summoner, Devil Digital Saga.

[quote name='bazookajoex9']I would buy the Desert to Sea bundle but I already own both Bioshocks. I would buy the WTF pack but I already own Borderlands. Is there someway I can get a bundle with just the Darkness 2, Duke Nukem, and Spec Ops?[/QUOTE]

With all of the repeats in purchasing for certain games, I feel like the next logical step might be a build a bundle thing. I wonder if Amazon could do something like that?

[quote name='Glomerate']With all of the repeats in purchasing for certain games, I feel like the next logical step might be a build a bundle thing. I wonder if Amazon could do something like that?[/QUOTE]
I was just thinking the same thing.

Quick question- and its probably been asked and answered many times before so sorry ahead of time- but for the $5 promotion for the editors choice games in January, will the prices for those games be discounted at all? I'd love to pick up a super cheap Max Payne 3 and maybe Walking Dead for a friend or something.

[quote name='Umair56']Quick question- and its probably been asked and answered many times before so sorry ahead of time- but for the $5 promotion for the editors choice games in January, will the prices for those games be discounted at all? I'd love to pick up a super cheap Max Payne 3 and maybe Walking Dead for a friend or something.[/QUOTE]
There is overlap with the steam sale for 9 days, so if one of the editor's choice is a daily deal I believe amazon will match it.
Wondering about Tony...

Tony,

I'd love to see in a future/Summer 2013 sale an updated 2K Strategy Pack of Civ 5 GOTY + Gods and Kings + Stronghold 3 Gold (maybe the Collection, too) + XCom~

[quote name='Umair56']Quick question- and its probably been asked and answered many times before so sorry ahead of time- but for the $5 promotion for the editors choice games in January, will the prices for those games be discounted at all? I'd love to pick up a super cheap Max Payne 3 and maybe Walking Dead for a friend or something.[/QUOTE]

Roll of the dice I guess, depends on price matching Steam/other US distributors

[quote name='guardian_owl']There is overlap with the steam sale for 9 days, so if one of the editor's choice is a daily deal I believe amazon will match it.
Wondering about Tony...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Tony will be sending that video to everyone now. That is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back