Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
guys, question

do i really need the DLC for TW: Shogun 2 to enjoy the game?

Do the DLC's make a big difference for the game?

Can i still enjoy the game without the DLC? because the game has been out for a while and im probably only going to play it just because its in my library

Game is perfectly fine without the DLC. Rise and Fall are both pretty good additions. The other DLC is mostly for huge fans that want to specialize.

[quote name='sunghost']ME3 won't be lower than $15? That'd make it $10 after promo credit which is kind of weak IMO since gamefly had it for $8 recently.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, not impressed at all. I thought the price match was held out on because there was going to be a better sale on it in January, not a crappier one. Conflicting...? Alright.

[quote name='MC Kage']Idiotekque will want us all to get TSW...[/QUOTE]
Correction, you will all get TSW.

[quote name='MysterD']If only I see that TSW $5 deal on GMG again (or by anyone else)...
...and/or TSW gets an OFFLINE MODE added.[/QUOTE]
Shush, you're buying it.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']I'd love to see a repeat of all the Sims 3 packs (or at least the half-dozen packs released in 2012) on the EC list.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that won't happen...

[quote name='Corpekata']Game is perfectly fine without the DLC. Rise and Fall are both pretty good additions. The other DLC is mostly for huge fans that want to specialize.[/QUOTE]

i was just wondering thanks man, because i just bought the fall of the samurai from gmg and i almost bought the total war 2 pack but didnt haha

[quote name='Mooby']Tony,

I've referenced this before but sort of realized it wasn't possible: since Stronghold Collection and Stronghold 3 have two different publishers they could never end up in an Amazon bundle together, right? Anyhoo... Summer Sale: XCOM + Civ 5 + Stronghold Collection pack![/QUOTE]

The Stronghold games could possibly be bundled together. Steam is currently selling them as a bundle.

[quote name='Garbanzo']Hmmmm, should I get the WTF Pack for Darkness II and resell the keys for DNF & Borderlands or get the Desert to Sea bundle for Spec Ops and resell the Bioshock keys? Both Darkness II or Spec OPS will go in my backlog as I don't have the PC to play them yet.

Kinda feel that there'll be more sales on Spec Ops in 2013 so I might be better off getting Darkness II for cheap now. But wouldn't the Bioshock keys be easier to sell at let's say $2/ea or $3/both?[/QUOTE]

You sound like you're in my boat. I've decided to hold on D2 and Spec Ops, as they can headline packs for only so long. Either there will be a reshuffling of bundled games or the sale price will go lower yet. Mafia 2 is getting older and hasn't had many decent sales I'm hoping it shows in a pack with the previously mentioned games so I don't have to resell my duplicates.

Haven't had a chance to scan through all of this thread, but have a question about buying a bundle of Total War: Shogun 2 (all DLC and expansion). I know there is a deal on GMG right now. But any opinion as to how good a deal that is right now? Is it likely to be on Amazon Editor's Choice in a pack in January?

Thanks!

[quote name='Fluxy']guys, question

do i really need the DLC for TW: Shogun 2 to enjoy the game?

Do the DLC's make a big difference for the game?

Can i still enjoy the game without the DLC? because the game has been out for a while and im probably only going to play it just because its in my library[/QUOTE]

No, you don't really need any of the DLC to enjoy Shogun 2. Most of it adds new units, battles, and clans to play as or against, but you definitely don't need any of these, as the game comes with plenty of them as is. If you're only looking for DLC that really adds something substantial, you might want to just stick with the "Rise of the Samurai Campaign" DLC, as it adds a new campaign to the game.

[quote name='Garbanzo']Hmmmm, should I get the WTF Pack for Darkness II and resell the keys for DNF & Borderlands or get the Desert to Sea bundle for Spec Ops and resell the Bioshock keys? Both Darkness II or Spec OPS will go in my backlog as I don't have the PC to play them yet.

Kinda feel that there'll be more sales on Spec Ops in 2013 so I might be better off getting Darkness II for cheap now. But wouldn't the Bioshock keys be easier to sell at let's say $2/ea or $3/both?[/QUOTE]

Darkness II will be on deals at $5 mostly. Spec Ops will go at 7,5$ the firsts 2 months of 2013.

If you want Gameplay, go with Darkness II, is addictive and the action is awesome.

If you want a deep and intense background, Spec Ops.

BUT, Darkness 2 background is GREAT too... different but great. You WILL play both games straight until finished

[quote name='juanjava']Darkness II will be on deals at $5 mostly. Spec Ops will go at 7,5$ the firsts 2 months of 2013.

If you want Gameplay, go with Darkness II, is addictive and the action is awesome.

BUT, Darkness 2 background is GREAT too... different but great. You WILL play both games straight until finished[/QUOTE]

Agreed with this, the only reason i haven't bought Spec Ops on PC (finished the game on the PS3) it's because the history is great but the gameplay is fun but not awesome. The Darkness while being a short game makes it up with really awesome gameplay and i see myself playing through the game again to get all the upgrades.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Mass Effect 3 for $10 ($14.99 - 5 off coupon) is what I was looking for! I have ME 1 and 2 already.[/QUOTE]

ME3 is great, for the most part...

Just make sure you shut the game off at a certain point, when you reach the final mission.
You'll thank me later. ;)

So, bookmark this post and read this once you actually hit the final mission...
In London - RIGHT BEFORE you get beamed-up like Scotty...
JUST SHUT THE GAME OFF!

:D

I have my doubts on TSW...

The way I see it: It went from a very anticipated game. High price, all the media upon it, monthly fee... Now no much talking about it, no montlhy fee... it seems it will go F2P soon...

Am I wrong? Is the game any good?. I only use to play MP games on the likes of L4D2, KF, BFBC2 and such... never a MMO. Yes, I NEVER played WOW. I don't like to pay monthly fees, and I don't like most of the F2P games, don't know why

Sorry if this has been posted before, but does purchasing Gods and Kings give you the $5 2K publisher coupon? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='waabulo']Hey Idiotekque, can you convince us why we NEED TSW. I am willing to buy into it if you can give me some highlights? Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I posted some info on it here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10327713&postcount=12739

Really though, I think it's main value comes from the fact that it's a very well put together modern day RPG. There just aren't any of those. It's either medieval or future; there's nothing that coincides well with present day and has a good RPG base. The only other similar series that comes to mind is Persona (which are GREAT games), but you're of course going to get some crazy anime influences there.

TSW is very mature, gritty, yet still whimsical and artistically created. It's something new (and no, it's not all zombies).

[quote name='MysterD']Only if you gift it to us all. :p[/QUOTE]
You're a grown ass man, you can cough up $12.99. :p

[quote name='juanjava']it seems it will go F2P soon...[/QUOTE]
I actually DON'T see that happening, primarily from the fact that the cash shop doesn't consist of items that you have to buy to be powerful in the game. The cash shop is full of cosmetic items, that's about it.

Unless of course you've read anything eluding to the fact that it will go F2P, I think that's a misconception. The game is very active and seems to have a loyal player base.

[quote name='Womps']Sorry if this has been posted before, but does purchasing Gods and Kings give you the $5 2K publisher coupon? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Too late for publisher coupons, 2K was 12/25 or earlier, other three were 12/24 or earlier

I'm looking for a good deal on The Walking Dead in January, hopefully $10 or so after coupon. I would get BF3 Premium but that would be the only game I have on Origin (other than this 1 game I got for free but can't recall) which isn't worth it to me. I guess I can wait for the 2K Strat pack, I already have a massive backlog already. If all goes well with the Bethesda Pack, I think I'm good for this sale season. I just can't decide whether or not I should get CS:GO/Franchise or not, think it should be a steeper discount.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Hmm, I posted some info on it here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10327713&postcount=12739

Really though, I think it's main value comes from the fact that it's a very well put together modern day RPG. There just aren't any of those. It's either medieval or future; there's nothing that coincides well with present day and has a good RPG base. The only other similar series that comes to mind is Persona (which are GREAT games), but you're of course going to get some crazy anime influences there.

TSW is very mature, gritty, yet still whimsical and artistically created. It's something new (and no, it's not all zombies).[/quote]

My problem w/ TSW, back when I was in the TSW Beta (NO NDA's!), was that the combat and questing was NOT that great to me.
Since the game is combat-heavy, combat felt floaty and just didn't feel right at all.
Meanwhile, questing often felt like typical ARPG/MMO fanfare (kill X enemies, kill X enemies by setting them on fire, find X locations, find X people, etc).

You're a grown ass man, you can cough up $12.99. :p
GMG ruined it, by having the game once at $5.xx (back right before the game dropped subscriptions).
We get something around that ballpark for an "online only" game, I might consider it. ;)

EDIT:
If they ever drop the required DRM (and include an optional additional offline mode), I'd consider it at a little bit more expensive than $5.xx. :p

[quote name='MysterD']My problem w/ TSW, back when I was in the TSW Beta (NO NDA's!), was that the combat and questing was NOT that great to me.
Since the game is combat-heavy, combat felt floaty and just didn't feel right at all.
Meanwhile, questing often felt like typical ARPG/MMO fanfare (kill X enemies, kill X enemies by setting them on fire, find X locations, find X people, etc).[/QUOTE]
Really? I find the combat really nicely done, in fact that's probably my favorite thing about it so far. I wonder how much they tweaked things since the demo.

[quote name='MysterD']GMG ruined it, by having the game once at $5.xx (back right before the game dropped subscriptions).
We get something around that ballpark, I might consider it. ;)[/QUOTE]
Seeing that the sale price went up from the last sale, I don't see that happening for quite awhile. Fluffnugget and I have a wager about that, I think...

[quote name='Idiotekque']Really? I find the combat really nicely done, in fact that's probably my favorite thing about it so far. I wonder how much they tweaked things since the demo.[/quote]

Here's something I've said before about TSW Beta:
The combat controls - seems odd that left-click don't do a basic attack and that I can't attach a Basic Attack to that; I have to hit Hotkey [I set it as Middle Mouse and Right Control] to do a basic attack. Got used to it, though.

EDIT:
Seeing that the sale price went up from the last sale, I don't see that happening for quite awhile. Fluffnugget and I have a wager about that, I think...
Probably won't, since it dropped the sub....unless the game STILL is tanking.

[quote name='awestover89']Too late for publisher coupons, 2K was 12/25 or earlier, other three were 12/24 or earlier[/QUOTE]

I bought Gods and Kings during Black Friday, but I didn't get any publisher coupon. I don't know if I was supposed to or what.

[quote name='MysterD']GMG ruined it, by having the game once at $5.xx [/QUOTE]

Agreed. I want it and yet now that I know it was $5 at one point...

[quote name='Motoki']Agreed. I want it and yet now that I know it was $5 at one point...[/QUOTE]
Exactly!

I guess we'll have to convince Funcom and Tony to do some TSW giveaways or something.
Why not?
He did some 2K giveaways that I missed out on! ;)

[quote name='MysterD']Exactly!

I guess we'll have to convince Funcom and Tony to do some TSW giveaways or something.
Why not?
He did some 2K giveaways that I missed out on! ;)[/QUOTE]
This!

I missed all the giveaways too.

[quote name='Idiotekque']This!

I missed all the giveaways too.[/QUOTE]

Only thing is...
Funcom might not be able afford such a giveaway, though...

[quote name='juanjava']If you want Gameplay, go with Darkness II, is addictive and the action is awesome.

BUT, Darkness 2 background is GREAT too... different but great. You WILL play both games straight until finished[/QUOTE]

I just played through most of the Spec Ops: The Line demo. I usually avoid games like it (thematically and gameplay) mainly due to personal taste, but I have to say that it gripped me a bit. The story in the demo was pretty interesting, and I really liked how the checkpoints weren't too far from where I died. I'm also encouraged by the short duration of the game (~8 hours based on everyone's comments - perfect). I played with KBM, but I'll probably try it out with a controller to see how that goes.

I look forward to The Darkness II when I can use my coupon on the bundle. I also like that it's not overly long but packed with fun stuff, so again, thanks for the recommendations, everyone.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I just played through most of the Spec Ops: The Line demo. I usually avoid games like it (thematically and gameplay) mainly due to personal taste, but I have to say that it gripped me a bit. The story in the demo was pretty interesting, and I really liked how the checkpoints weren't too far from where I died. I'm also encouraged by the short duration of the game (~8 hours based on everyone's comments - perfect). I played with KBM, but I'll probably try it out with a controller to see how that goes.

I look forward to The Darkness II when I can use my coupon on the bundle. I also like that it's not overly long but packed with fun stuff, so again, thanks for the recommendations, everyone.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have to say that I very quickly grew tired of the story of COD games, and while Spec Ops has the same gritty badassery and killing, the story feels completely different. Not to say COD writing is bad, Spec Ops is just that much better because there's an emotional element to it. Plot twists don't carry the storyline, which is something I felt like the MW series relied on.

As for the length of the game, it's true that it's pretty short and that's going to factor into the game's worth, but I can honestly tell you that if the story went on any longer, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. It didn't drag the story out, and it didn't cut it short. For the price, I'd liken it to an interactive movie, and more than worth your money.

I played with KB/M too, but my friend played with a controller. Both play flawlessly. The game incredibly well made and clean.

If this helps anyone, I picked up TSW for around the $10 buck range. It is my current addiction. There is combat, but I've spent most of my missions on investigations and SOME of them are freakin hard. Even using google. Problem is, if you can't think for yourself then you'll be constantly on spoiler sites just so you can get a walkthrough and you kinda miss the entire point of the game.

And it's not F2P, it's B2P. I wish more games would go this direction. I will support dev's but throwing them money if DLC is worth it. Don't forget if you BUY TSW before December ends you get Issue 5 for free. Afterwards, it'll cost you some money.

Another heads up, we've got a CAG TSW Steam group now!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TSWoC

Just PM if you're planning on buying TSW (or already have it) and I'll toss you an invite. :)

@Ikeda: Didn't know you played! I'll send you an invite, if you're interested.

Also it's worth noting that the issues are $5 each, don't worry too much about buying the game before the end of the year. You also get the Initiate Pack if you buy before the end of the year, but that's only some OKAY newbie weapons, faction jackets (cosmetic) and a raven pet (also cosmetic, I think). It also gave me some sort of experience boosting item, but I'm not sure if I still have it, and it didn't seem game breaking from what I read about it.

Has anyone played the Digital Deluxe version of Assassin's Creed 3? Wondering if the extra DLC and missions are worth a $22 premium over the vanilla version.

[quote name='MysterD']Exactly!

Why not?
He did some 2K giveaways that I missed out on! ;)[/QUOTE]

Well, with that Borderlands tattoo, I'm pretty sure Tony and 2K will be bedfellows for a very long time to come.

Maybe we need to convince him to get a "The Secret World" tat.

Slappy,

That's a hard one as the Deluxe is really the season pass and not all the King George Washington DLC has been released (so I can't give you a 100% opinion). The mayan ruins are pretty fun but don't really add much. I was holding off on the George Washington stuff until it all releases so I give it one getgo.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, with that Borderlands tattoo, I'm pretty sure Tony and 2K will be bedfellows for a very long time to come.

Maybe we need to convince him to get a "The Secret World" tat.[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure we don't want to know where his "Secret World" is.

[quote name='Motoki']Agreed. I want it and yet now that I know it was $5 at one point...[/QUOTE]

And $10 at the M$ Store blowout. Yeah the $15 was hard for me to accept too.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I just played through most of the Spec Ops: The Line demo.
I usually avoid games like it (thematically and gameplay) mainly due to personal taste, but I have to say that it gripped me a bit. The story in the demo was pretty interesting, and I really liked how the checkpoints weren't too far from where I died. I'm also encouraged by the short duration of the game (~8 hours based on everyone's comments - perfect). I played with KBM, but I'll probably try it out with a controller to see how that goes.

I look forward to The Darkness II when I can use my coupon on the bundle. I also like that it's not overly long but packed with fun stuff, so again, thanks for the recommendations, everyone.
[/QUOTE]

I am controller biased (enough time hunched over the KB/M), but I played through Spec Ops with KB/M iirc (as I do with FPSs).

Thanks to everyone for their input, struck a deal with Erequena & got the WTF pack, ended up with Darkness II for cheap.

First one to PM me gets the key for DNF that I got out of the pack.

GONE to CheapLikeaFox

[quote name='Womps']I bought Gods and Kings during Black Friday, but I didn't get any publisher coupon. I don't know if I was supposed to or what.[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on which version you bought. The Aspyr version is for Mac, but because of SteamPlay it also works for PC. That version wasn't published by 2K, and so probably isn't coupon-eligible. (I think the Aspyr version was the one on sale on Black Friday.)

But if you bought the version from 2K, send a PM to Tony with your order number and let him know what's going on. Odds are he'll get you sorted pretty quick.

[quote name='Progamer665']Says I have $12.99 in game software and download credit. Is there a way to see on what games they can be applied to?[/QUOTE]
Any suggestions?

[quote name='Womps']I bought Gods and Kings during Black Friday, but I didn't get any publisher coupon. I don't know if I was supposed to or what.[/QUOTE]

Was this the Mac version of it? I'm pretty sure that the Mac version isn't published by 2K (I think it's Aspyr), although someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Mac the Geek beat me to it. I've got to start refreshing the page before I respond, haha.

[quote name='Mac the Geek']I think it depends on which version you bought. The Aspyr version is for Mac, but because of SteamPlay it also works for PC. That version wasn't published by 2K, and so probably isn't coupon-eligible. (I think the Aspyr version was the one on sale on Black Friday.)

But if you bought the version from 2K, send a PM to Tony with your order number and let him know what's going on. Odds are he'll get you sorted pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I bought the mac version. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Progamer665']Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

No, and 1 click buy will screw you. If it's not one click buy, when it gives you the order it'll populate automatically. (I just went through this rigamarole with Amazon Video saying $10 but in reality it was $10 games applied and showing up in like 3 spots)

The Amazon rep via the phone told me VERY quickly. I got Adventure Time Season 2 out their confusing system for free though (course I bought seasons 1, 3, 4 from them so they made money off me). But the Rep via phone was able to tell me exactly what they were and most of my credits were for some of that F2P garbage that Amazon has now.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Things will continue to be added in January.[/QUOTE]

should I get Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe now for $60 or wait until January? >_>

[quote name='Idiotekque']Another heads up, we've got a CAG TSW Steam group now!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TSWoC

Just PM if you're planning on buying TSW (or already have it) and I'll toss you an invite. :)

@Ikeda: Didn't know you played! I'll send you an invite, if you're interested.

Also it's worth noting that the issues are $5 each, don't worry too much about buying the game before the end of the year. You also get the Initiate Pack if you buy before the end of the year, but that's only some OKAY newbie weapons, faction jackets (cosmetic) and a raven pet (also cosmetic, I think). It also gave me some sort of experience boosting item, but I'm not sure if I still have it, and it didn't seem game breaking from what I read about it.[/QUOTE]

I don't have the game on Steam but I do have it and was planning on checking it out now that it's gone B2P

[quote name='Garbanzo']Thanks to everyone for their input, struck a deal with Erequena & got the WTF pack, ended up with Darkness II for cheap.

First one to PM me gets the key for DNF that I got out of the pack.

GONE to CheapLikeaFox[/QUOTE]

Thanks a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back