Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Necrotron']Too bad I'm no longer a student, Far Cry 3 for $27 would be in my price range, for sure. Looks like I'll wait until the next drop.

But Hitman for $20, very tempting. Will probably pick that up.[/QUOTE]

The student discount only applies to physical copies, not digital download.

[quote name='bwrobins']The student discount only applies to physical copies, not digital download.[/QUOTE]

From Amazon's Far Cry 3 page, it says that the digital download gets the $10 student discount.

"Amazon Student Promo Details
Far Cry 3 on PS3, XBOX360, PC, and Digital Download is $10 off from 12/9-12/31 for all Amazon Student Members. Simply use the Promotion Code: FC3AMZNS at checkout. Promotion only valid on items sold and shipped by Amazon. Promotion code only valid once per customer. "

[quote name='bwrobins']The student discount only applies to physical copies, not digital download.[/QUOTE]

i have the digital dl version in my cart and the discount applied fine.

[quote name='tham1988']wait so is there a steam code for far cry 3 on amazon?
and there should be a steam pricematch
and editor's choice before that sale is over?
so can I get a far cry 3 deluxe edition steam key for $40?
that would be pretty sweet

also are we going to get a compiled list of editor's choice game sales for january?[/QUOTE]

Amazon price matched but I don't think they have steam keys for it

[quote name='paz9x']i have the digital dl version in my cart and the discount applied fine.[/QUOTE]

doesn't work on the deluxe

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-40973s-Creed-III1-Assassins/dp/B007HDHP10/

Already sent an email to the ops guys asking them to get "steam" on the page.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Would your request have covered the other Assassin's Creed games as well? If not, please consider making that request! I personally would absolutely love being able to buy the Steam versions of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Deluxe Edition and Assassin's Creed Revelations on Amazon!

Being that the Far Cry 3 Steam deal lasts for another 44 hours, is it safe to assume Amazon will keep the price matched for the same amount of time? It'll be nice to use one of my $5 coupons and snag it at $32.

[quote name='Xedeus']Being that the Far Cry 3 Steam deal lasts for another 44 hours, is it safe to assume Amazon will keep the price matched for the same amount of time? It'll be nice to use one of my $5 coupons and snag it at $32.[/QUOTE]

yup, I just wish it was steam

[quote name='tham1988']yup, I just wish it was steam[/QUOTE]

To be fair, STEAM has the UPlay version too; look at it from a different perspective.

Since FC3 has UPlay, it can be used to manage the game. I have become accustomed to using UPlay for Ubisoft games and haven't had any problems.

[quote name='basis']is this version of GTA 4 for steam?[/QUOTE]

I would say no. If you go to the individual product page urls for the items in the bundle, the main game is NOT the Steam version, and the Ballad of Gay Tony expansion doesn't have a visible Steam version product page and doesn't mention Steam on its page.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Assuming you're talking Steam games, sure. They just give you keys.[/QUOTE]

I meant other than Steam games. I wanted to get Far Cry 3 for a friend's birthday and I have the student code to use with it.

[quote name='chapnis']Anyone know how long Hotline Miami is going to be $5 for? Would be awesome to get it free in Jan.[/QUOTE]

yea not happening

[quote name='Tolyngee']
Also, any change Amazon will PM Legendary? It's $1.99 on Amazon, but $1.24 on Steam. I've been holding out waiting to see if they might just PM before it's too late to decide on Amazon or not and I get another EC.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I just kicked off the Legendary Pricematch. Give it a bit and it should be in place.
[/QUOTE]

Took a few hours, but FYI to anyone interested that the Legendary Amazon PM just kicked in.

...And bought! Thanks Tony! Cheap EC coupon from a game I wanted anyway!

Now to check out that list of 18 adventure games for $1.99/each that Faceless007 posted. (Geez, I'm going to have dozens of these EC coupons...)

[quote name='chapnis']Anyone know how long Hotline Miami is going to be $5 for? Would be awesome to get it free in Jan.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fluxy']yea not happening[/QUOTE]

Maybe not free, but since it's already in the EC list and is $7.49 on Steam 'til Saturday, we can hope for a PM at minimum and get it for $2.49 at worst for the first few days in Jan!

FWIW - DNF was free last Jan with EC coupons, not that that's saying much

[quote name='sunghost']You must not have been around last January.. quite a few games were free after credit.[/QUOTE]

The not-quite-free list wasn't too shabby either:

$3.99 - Civ 5
$2.99 - NFS:HS, Spore, Darkspore

With the exception of that "everything's free" snafu at EA earlier this year, the two Shift games to my knowledge have never been as cheap as NFS:HS was last year.

I've heard Darkspore stinks, but $2.99 for Spore probably's not a bad deal at all.

I wish Civ 4 Complete wasn't a Steam flash sale so Tony could match the 75% off discount. That would be a sweet deal with the 2K coupon.

Interesting that the DRM free version is $14.99 and the Steam version is $29.99. :whistle2:?

[quote name='Palinn']I wish Civ 4 Complete wasn't a Steam flash sale so Tony could match the 75% off discount. That would be a sweet deal with the 2K coupon.

Interesting that the DRM free version is $14.99 and the Steam version is $29.99. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

I have Civ 4 Complete keys galore. Contact me if you'd like one.

You can't use the 2K coupon on it anyway; $9.99 or up.

[quote name='sunghost']You must not have been around last January.. quite a few games were free after credit.[/QUOTE]

I only remember getting DLC free. Most full games were priced just above $5.

My receipts show me buying a bunch of Shogun 2 DLC and The Dragon Age bundle though. Maybe there was something for $5 that for some reason I didn't want or had enough credit for.

[quote name='Tolyngee']I have Civ 4 Complete keys galore. Contact me if you'd like one.

You can't use the 2K coupon on it anyway; $9.99 or up.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, I keep forgetting the 2K coupon amount is greater than THQ/Ubi/EA coupons. Thanks for the reminder.

no, tony said somewhere in this thread that there will be no free games this year after using the coupon

[quote name='Fluxy']did i miss the paradox packs or is it still on the way? i remember seeing it on page 1, but i dont see it anymore...[/QUOTE]

The Paradox packs were on sale over Christmas. Don't know if they are coming back.

[quote name='Fluxy']no, tony said somewhere in this thread that there will be no free games this year after using the coupon[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure he said that about the publisher coupons.

[quote name='Fluxy']no, tony said somewhere in this thread that there will be no free games this year after using the coupon[/QUOTE]

Well, since DNF was free last year after EC coupon and they still had coupons go unused anyway, maybe that makes some sense.

Yeah, that post was specifically about the publisher coupons, because the emails said $4.99 and up but Tony had to clarify that it was actually greater than $5 (so $5.01 or more)

That being said, there is no promises that the same rule won't apply for the EC coupons, just that Tony was referring to a different promotion when he said that.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Im pretty sure he said that about the publisher coupons.[/QUOTE]

This. I'd be VERY surprised if there isn't at least one free game after credit in January.

[quote name='Fluxy']i dunno, why would hotline miami be free it just came out...and its doing well...[/QUOTE]

Because its a amazon promotion? The publisher is not giving them free, amazon is paying them for each purchase.

[quote name='sunghost']This. I'd be VERY surprised if there isn't at least one free game after credit in January.[/QUOTE]

It's possible but most of the time last year didn't that result because of price matching with Steam?

[quote name='Fluxy']i dunno, why would hotline miami be free it just came out...and its doing well...[/QUOTE]

It's on sale all the time for $5.. and it's on the editor's choice list. I don't really see the point of it being on the EC list if it's not going to be free or cost a dollar.

[quote name='Mooby']It's possible but most of the time last year didn't that result because of price matching with Steam?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, I don't remember them being free due to that, but my memory could be off. I think it was something Tony advertised himself, not due to a PM. I guess we'd have to ask Tony, or check thread history? lol

[quote name='Motoki']Ssshhhhh!! :p[/QUOTE]

Yap, everyone shut up, maybe the 50% will remain until at least 1 of January... I know its the first things I will check once I get back from new years eve.

[quote name='Mooby']It's possible but most of the time last year didn't that result because of price matching with Steam?[/QUOTE]

Every single time a game was free, it was as a result of a price match. So while it could happen again, people shouldn't be counting on it.

[quote name='The End']Every single time a game was free, it was as a result of a price match. So while it could happen again, people shouldn't be counting on it.[/QUOTE]

If that's true, I'd still expect Hotline Miami to be free. I mean, what are the possibilities of that NOT being 50% off in January? I forgot the last time I saw that game at full price.

[quote name='The End']Every single time a game was free, it was as a result of a price match. So while it could happen again, people shouldn't be counting on it.[/QUOTE]

this makes me think a free hotline miami is extremely possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back