Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']Not unless it's 50% off on Gamely or Gamestop because Steam already had Hotline Miami as a daily.[/QUOTE]

It could be 50% off as a daily after the winter sale has ended ;). Otherwise, I think the chances would be high for it to be 50% off on Gamestop/Gamefly too.

[quote name='Mooby']Not unless it's 50% off on Gamely or Gamestop because Steam already had Hotline Miami as a daily.[/QUOTE]

Final day of Steam sales is generally a "best of" type deal, where previous deals come back for the final day.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Final day of Steam sales is generally a "best of" type deal, where previous deals come back for the final day.[/QUOTE]

exactly
hotline miami 50% off

(i already have it so it doesn't really matter to me - honestly don't really even like it either)

[quote name='Tolyngee']Final day of Steam sales is generally a "best of" type deal, where previous deals come back for the final day.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they did one for the Summer Sale since the deals were already repeating all sale long.

[quote name='sunghost']You must not have been around last January.. quite a few games were free after credit.[/QUOTE]
It is highly unlikely that these developers are going to let that happen though.

[quote name='sunghost']If that's true, I'd still expect Hotline Miami to be free. I mean, what are the possibilities of that NOT being 50% off in January? I forgot the last time I saw that game at full price.[/QUOTE]
You clearly have delusional expectations.

[quote name='Genocidal']I don't think they did one for the Summer Sale since the deals were already repeating all sale long.[/QUOTE]

You may end up being correct, but the Xmas sale is the only one that's over two weeks long, and the last sale of the year, making it a little different...

[quote name='teenwolf']It is highly unlikely that these developers are going to let that happen though.

You clearly have delusional expectations.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I'm not even sure if it's up to the developers. Amazon probably eats the costs. If what The End says it true, they were free after getting PM'd, meaning the devs may not have known. My expectations aren't delusional, were you around last January? At least 5 or 6 games were free. Clearly the devs were ok with their game being added to the Editor's Choice list, maybe YOUR expectations are delusional. Hotline Miami is on sale for $5 VERY often, do you really think it has no chance of being free, or close to free?

[quote name='teenwolf']It is highly unlikely that these developers are going to let that happen though.

You clearly have delusional expectations.[/QUOTE]
The developers have nothing, NOTHING to do with it being free. You use the 5$ coupon, amazon still has to pay that purchase to the developers!

[quote name='BernardoOne']The developers have nothing, NOTHING to do with it being free. You use the 5$ coupon, amazon still has to pay that purchase to the developers![/QUOTE]

Amazon's already bought the keys for these games. It's Amazon giving them away after buying them.

Why is anyone confused about this fact?

[quote name='Tolyngee']Amazon's already bought the keys for these games. It's Amazon giving them away after buying them.

Why is anyone confused about this fact?[/QUOTE]

Well, my point still stands :booty:

[quote name='BernardoOne']Well, my point still stands :booty:[/QUOTE]

The message wasn't directed at you anyway, I was just clarifying what you were saying and wondering why anyone was confused by it.

Pubs/devs have already been paid for Amazon to already have keys.

Looking to use my 2K coupon - what do ya'll think about using it on NBA 2K12 for $4.99 AC?
I already own everything else 2K in the $9.99-$19.99 range.
Is NBA 2K12 worth $5 for single player?
Haven't played a basketball video game since Double-Dribble on the NES...:oops:

[quote name='jester55']Looking to use my 2K coupon - what do ya'll think about using it on NBA 2K12 for $4.99 AC?
Haven't played a basketball video game since Double-Dribble on the NES...:oops:[/QUOTE]

I could be completely wrong on this, but just an FYI to potentially check the facts on these games, but:

Someone the other day reported to stay clear of the MLB game. Reason was that since it's currently the off-season... the game right now doesn't even run, unless you set your computer's date back to a date during the regular season.

No clue if the NBA game might be the same, but would stink to buy it and find it no longer runs once June comes around and the NBA season's over.

[quote name='jester55']Looking to use my 2K coupon - what do ya'll think about using it on NBA 2K12 for $4.99 AC?
Haven't played a basketball video game since Double-Dribble on the NES...:oops:[/QUOTE]

Been playing NBA 2K12 for the whole of 2012 since I got it off Amazon in January, it's an excellent game and a steal for $5 if you don't care about updated rosters and a few more shinies in 2K13. Be aware that there are Steam and non-Steam versions, pick whichever one you prefer.

The date bug in MLB2K12 is unique to that title's PC version and 2K looks like they're not gonna patch it since they've lost the MLB license. That has nothing to do with the NBA2K franchise though.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='Dreamweaver7']Been playing NBA 2K12 for the whole of 2K12 since I got it off Amazon in January, it's an excellent game and a steal for $5 if you don't care about updated rosters and a few more shinies in 2K13. Be aware that there are Steam and non-Steam versions, pick whichever one you prefer.

The date bug in MLB2K12 is unique to that title's PC version and 2K looks like they're not gonna patch it since they've lost the MLB license. That has nothing to do with the NBA2K franchise though.

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - looking forward to playing some of the scenarios of my favorite players from when I was a kid!

Originally Posted by Fluxy
i dunno, why would hotline miami be free it just came out...and its doing well...

This is why we can't have nice things.

Yeah because steam doesn't repeat sales... ...no wait...

[quote name='jester55']Haven't played a basketball video game since Double-Dribble on the NES...:oops:[/QUOTE]

Arcade version was better as I recall.

[quote name='asheskitty']
Arcade version was better as I recall.[/QUOTE]
True - but my parents didn't let me go to arcade very often when I was a kid. They said it was too expensive. :roll:
The NES version did still have the cool dunk cut scenes and I was a master 3-point shooter back in the day.:lol:
Fun game for that time and one of the first roms I emulated on my PSP NES Emulator from a few years ago. Had a lot of fun with it then too!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Last I played was NBA Jam T.E. on the PSX. It was 2D, like a side-scrolling platformer, and it was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Double Dribble sounds similiar - you probably would have like it too back in the day! :applause:

[quote name='Xerxes']If you bought the Bioshock Pack for $4.99, you didn't get the 2K $5 off deal? o_O[/QUOTE]

Coupon can only be applied to items $9.99 and up.

[quote name='jester55']Double Dribble sounds similiar - you probably would have like it too back in the day! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Double Dribble (NES) really is not THAT much similar to NBA Jam. Good NES game, back in its day, though.

I'd say NBA Jam series more like that old game Arch Rivals on steroids.

Anybody remember Super High Impact? ;)
NFL Blitz reminds me of Super High Impact on steroids, as well.

[quote name='Xerxes']If you bought the Bioshock Pack for $4.99, you didn't get the 2K $5 off deal? o_O[/QUOTE]

If you are asking about getting the coupon, you had to have bought it on or before 12/25 to get the credit.

If you were asking about using the coupon on it, credit was only good on a purchase $9.99 or greater.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Last I played was NBA Jam T.E. on the PSX. It was 2D, like a side-scrolling platformer, and it was awesome.[/QUOTE]

The game I miss more is NBA Jam's cousin, NFL Blitz. Granted that the late hits, legdrops and crazy celebrations will never fly in Roger Goodell's NFL, but it was still insanely fun twisted sister to Madden.

[quote name='Dreamweaver7']The game I miss more is NBA Jam's cousin, NFL Blitz. Granted that the late hits, legdrops and crazy celebrations will never fly in Roger Goodell's NFL, but it was still insanely fun twisted sister to Madden.[/QUOTE]
And watching Brett Favre do backflips.

Wonder what the chances are of Civ 5 items (specifically Gods and Kings) appearing in the EC list? Steam has the whole Civ 5 at 75% off until the end of the Winter Sale.

Tried to get it off GMG (first time on that site, was using GG as my "other" site until the epic pricing fail) but they refuse to take any of my payment options. I don't believe for a second that Paypal thinks they're a gambling site. :roll:

[quote name='Dreamweaver7']Wonder what the chances are of Civ 5 items (specifically Gods and Kings) appearing in the EC list? Steam has the whole Civ 5 at 75% off until the end of the Winter Sale.

Tried to get it off GMG (first time on that site, was using GG as my "other" site until the epic pricing fail) but they refuse to take any of my payment options. I don't believe for a second that Paypal thinks they're a gambling site. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Gods n Kings is still only $3.15 at GMG.

Anyone here that won't be using their 2K coupon? I'd love to get a NBA 2K12 (the Steam key) for $5 paypal, and maybe some sweet if you need it :) I have decent rep overall on Steam, so I hope you'll be fine with that!

Also, are there any words on Mafia 1 sticking around or dissappearing from Amazon list soon? Tony, any ideas? :|

[quote name='jester55']True - but my parents didn't let me go to arcade very often when I was a kid. They said it was too expensive. :roll:
The NES version did still have the cool dunk cut scenes and I was a master 3-point shooter back in the day.:lol:
Fun game for that time and one of the first roms I emulated on my PSP NES Emulator from a few years ago. Had a lot of fun with it then too![/QUOTE]

^_^ I remember it for two things. One of the first sports games to have reasonable fidelity to the sport. Secondly, you could "pants" your opponents.

[quote name='mm3n']Anyone here that won't be using their 2K coupon? I'd love to get a NBA 2K12 (the Steam key) for $5 paypal, and maybe some sweet if you need it :) I have decent rep overall on Steam, so I hope you'll be fine with that!

Also, are there any words on Mafia 1 sticking around or dissappearing from Amazon list soon? Tony, any ideas? :|[/QUOTE]

Check your messages mate :D

[quote name='MysterD']I like that thought. :D
Though, I still got my $5 off 2K coupon that dies tomorrow.
So, I'd rather NBA2K13 goes on sale TOMORROW at $10 (before coupon). ;)[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking, but what are the chances of the very first discount for NBA2K13 on steam being 66% off and starting tomorrow?
Don't most steam discounts start at 25%-50% off the first time they are discounted?

[quote name='jester55']I like your thinking, but what are the chances of the very first discount for NBA2K13 on steam being 66% off and starting tomorrow?
Don't most steam discounts start at 25%-50% off the first time they are discounted?[/QUOTE]

I don't have anything to add to this conversation. I just want to say that every time I see your avatar, I think it's Al Bundy as a jester.

[quote name='The End']I don't have anything to add to this conversation. I just want to say that every time I see your avatar, I think it's Al Bundy as a jester.[/QUOTE]

Funny! I would have said Eddie Haskell, but I see Al Bundy as well...

(Heck, some probably see Steve Carell)

[quote name='The End']I don't have anything to add to this conversation. I just want to say that every time I see your avatar, I think it's Al Bundy as a jester.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tolyngee']Funny! I would have said Eddie Haskell, but I see Al Bundy as well...

(Heck, some probably see Steve Carell)[/QUOTE]

I see the beer posters.

beer-everybody-needs-a-hobby-funny-retro-poster.jpg

[quote name='smurfinaus']Check your messages mate :D[/QUOTE]

Argh! Dude!!!! Damn, a million thanks to you :D

Tony, your power is waning. I sense a disturbance in the Force. It's as if a thousand gamers just cried out in joygasm and then went to GMG. I fear something awesome has happened.

GMG just destroyed you on that Civ V G&K sale. $3.15. Toss on 3% for the international and I'm still glad you didn't tell me in time about the G&K sale now. Glad I used my 2k coupon on Mechromancer after all.

A new year's resolution might be to get to changing your policy on PM'ing international sites to let it apply to certain sites that are directly targeting your sales. They're starting to eat y'all's lunch.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Funny! I would have said Eddie Haskell, but I see Al Bundy as well...

(Heck, some probably see Steve Carell)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elessar123']I see the beer posters.

beer-everybody-needs-a-hobby-funny-retro-poster.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny!
Actually, it is Danny Kaye from the 1956 movie - The Court Jester.
Call me weird, but I really enjoyed watching replays of his movies when I was growing up. How many of you guys have actually seen one of his movies?

What can I say - I am probably one of the older gamers on CAG... :)

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Tony, your power is waning. I sense a disturbance in the Force. It's as if a thousand gamers just cried out in joygasm and then went to GMG. I fear something awesome has happened.

GMG just destroyed you on that Civ V G&K sale. $3.15. Toss on 3% for the international and I'm still glad you didn't tell me in time about the G&K sale now. Glad I used my 2k coupon on Mechromancer after all.

A new year's resolution might be to get to changing your policy on PM'ing international sites to let it apply to certain sites that are directly targeting your sales. They're starting to eat y'all's lunch.[/QUOTE]
Amen.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']GMG just destroyed you on that Civ V G&K sale. $3.15. Toss on 3% for the international and I'm still glad you didn't tell me in time about the G&K sale now. Glad I used my 2k coupon on Mechromancer after all.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't Mechromancer $3.50 at GMG the other day too?

GMG runs out of keys too fast. I tried to get Sine Mora, Alpha Protocol and some other game and every time I went it said "out of stock". It's like some divine force only wants me to shop at Amazon...

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']GMG just destroyed you on that Civ V G&K sale. $3.15. Toss on 3% for the international and I'm still glad you didn't tell me in time about the G&K sale now.[/QUOTE]
Just me being curious, but do you mean by "3% for the international"?

[quote name='Detruire']Just me being curious, but do you mean by "3% for the international"?[/QUOTE]

Most US credit cards charge a 3% (or thereabouts) transaction fee for international transactions. GMG is considered a UK site for billing purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back