Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunghost']The Secret World was a better deal in December if you count the bonuses you got from buying it before January (which a lot of people did, considering they bought it yesterday instead of today).[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, but that's one game with extenuating circumstances of being an MMO that recently switched pay schemes. And as you note: people knew about the December promotion and took advantage of it. Nothing about the January promotion was a guarantee. It's a calculated gamble.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Ehhh... Think you're shit outta luck man. I'm pretty sure it's activations.

I could be wrong--I hope I'm wrong--but I don't think I'm wrong. :\[/QUOTE]

lol would be about right. ah well, kinda fits in with my impulse buys biting me in the ass so often :)

I went out of my way to buy the Silverfall games off of Amazon just to get the $5 promo credits. Cost me $1.25 more to buy them from Amazon because they didn't have a bundle, so they I had to buy them separately. But those are the only two games that I bought just to get a promo credit. So if the entire month of January turns out to be a bust, I'm out $1.25.

I'll live.

[quote name='The End']I went out of my way to buy the Silverfall games off of Amazon just to get the $5 promo credits. Cost me $1.25 more to buy them from Amazon because they didn't have a bundle so they I had to buy them separately. But those are the only two games that I bought just to get a promo credit. So if the entire month of January turns out to be a bust, I'm out $1.25.

I'll live.[/QUOTE]

Same. And as it turns out Tony's prices were so good I still ended up with eight or nine other codes just from buying stuff at more competitive prices. Hell if I knew the Steam sale would continue to be so lackluster I probably would have grabbed Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR, too.

[quote name='Mooby']Same. And as it turns out Tony's prices were so good I still ended up with eight or nine other codes just from buying stuff at more competitive prices. Hell if I knew the Steam sale would continue to be so lackluster I probably would have grabbed Scribblenauts and Lego LOTR, too.[/QUOTE]Picked up Scribblenauts. Totally regret not picking up Lego LOTR, especially when it went on the Steam Sale. Hesitation bit me in the ass there.

The TSW that Amazon sells doesn't activate on Steam right?

and from what i've read, it was cheaper in the past month/year?

The TSW that Amazon sells doesn't activate on Steam right?

[quote name='opasx']lol would be about right. ah well, kinda fits in with my impulse buys biting me in the ass so often :)[/QUOTE]

ok so turns out I just activated my TSW key and got the bonuses.

I activated it on my old beta account (still had the details on hand)

got the december bonuses showing in my account.

score for 2013!!!

New Year's Miracle? I just purchased The Secret World from Amazon about 10 minutes ago (just before 3am PST), then I registered my key at http://www.thesecretworld.com. After setting a login, password, etc. to register, my confirmation page says that I have The Initiate Pack, blood raven, weaponry set, and faction leather jackets.

Now, YMMV, since this extra stuff was supposed to be available for free for those who registered by 12/31/2012 (~4pm PST, my time at least). Also, I haven't even started the game as the client is currently downloading/installing.

Just putting it out there to see if anyone else still got this. Good luck, CAGs ;)

EDIT: Looks like opasx also got the goodies. Woot woot!

EDIT 2: Uh, do I want to install Xfire?

Looks like TSW's Issue #5 is also live now. The client says that it's available in the Item Shop for early registers, but I can't access the Item Shop after logging in because it says it can't find my character. Guess I'll have to let this finish downloading and installing overnight so I can make a character and let you all know if opasx, sunghost, and I also are in the door for Issue #5 or not. No biggie if I didn't make it; it's just amazing that I still got the other goodies, heh!

EDIT: Brrr, what a mess I wrote ^ :D Getting some sleep now. Happy New Year, everyone!

Haha fine you guys wore me down. I bought TSW and also got the special bonus items. I'll be pming someone for details on the gaming group here

Edit: Site made me a little wary with all the membership ads. The game does not have a monthly fee right? ><

Edit the 2nd: Site says about a different promo: "During December you can get 30% off your purchase of additional membership time.
This offer is only available until Jan 7 2013 so act now to avoid missing out. " So maybe even though the bonuses were for Dec, they also are gonna be good until Jan 7?

I'll just be in the camp of "there's no reason to complain yet, but right now this doesn't look like it'll be remotely as good as last year." Which in turn basically means that you WILL have people complaining due to the expectation and level set of the sale then, which isn't at all unreasonable. Going "but it's a good sale!" just isn't the same when people expect better. Some of the Jan sales were alright then, but others were simply unmatched without peer for the rest of the year and a decent amount took almost the whole year to get prices similar to what they were.

Still, the Bioshock dual pack will be this year's Shogun 2 I guess. We'll see what'll be the DNF, the The Witcher, the Amnesia, etc.

What was all that special last year? I can't really recall any outstanding deals aside from the couple free games that were all pretty old and on frequent sales anyway.

[quote name='sunghost']I hate you all![/QUOTE]
This. I just bought it, and I've confirmed that I also got the Initiate bonus.

See you guys in game sometime soon. :)

EDIT: Not so soon... 15.4 GB...

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Looks like TSW's Issue #5 is also live now. The client says that it's available in the Item Shop for early registers, but I can't access the Item Shop after logging in because it says it can't find my character. Guess I'll have to let this finish downloading and installing overnight so I can make a character and let you all know if opasx, sunghost, and I also are in the door for Issue #5 or not. No biggie if I didn't make it; it's just amazing that I still got the other goodies, heh!

EDIT: Brrr, what a mess I wrote ^ :D Getting some sleep now. Happy New Year, everyone![/QUOTE]

Yeah, hopefully someone else can confirm that we get Issue #5. Going to take me forever to download this.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, hopefully someone else can confirm that we get Issue #5. Going to take me forever to download this.[/QUOTE]

same, my download of the 15gb client is going to take anywhere from 6 hours to 23 hours depending on how the client feels when I look at it :S

Let's see what I can remember/pull up here...

Shogun 2 - $2.50 briefly. Got pulled shortly into it (hence, the comparison).
DNF - Free
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Free
Amnesia - Free
AC1 - Free
GTA4 - Free
Crysis Maximum - $4
Crysis 2 - $5
DAOU + DA2 - $7
Alice Madness Returns - $2.50
Bulletstorm - $2
Dead Space 2 - $2 during sale, free during a PM.
Civ 5 (Vanilla) - $4

These were spread out through the month and the EA ones were dailies, among others (Bad Company 2, Medal of Honor). Those were some of the standouts though. I'm sure there were more, but it was pretty much the best sale that wasn't an accident, firesale, or involved Microsoft going crazy all year.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']New Year's Miracle? I just purchased The Secret World from Amazon about 10 minutes ago (just before 3am PST), then I registered my key at http://www.thesecretworld.com. After setting a login, password, etc. to register, my confirmation page says that I have The Initiate Pack, blood raven, weaponry set, and faction leather jackets.

Now, YMMV, since this extra stuff was supposed to be available for free for those who registered by 12/31/2012 (~4pm PST, my time at least). Also, I haven't even started the game as the client is currently downloading/installing.

Just putting it out there to see if anyone else still got this. Good luck, CAGs ;)

EDIT: Looks like opasx also got the goodies. Woot woot!

EDIT 2: Uh, do I want to install Xfire?[/QUOTE]
Just bought TSW because of this post...no idea about what half of the stuff you were talking about but yeah...lol

The Sims 3 Pack & Battlefield 3 Premium are both great deals for those that play either alot. I would spring for the BF3, if it was a month or so ago. Don't really play it much anymore.

Other games I'd target are gonna be The Walking Dead, Dark Souls, and Hotline Miami. A sale on Max Payne 3 would be enticing too but not much interest in the game or series, even with the good reviews on this one.

[quote name='Nidaba']Haha fine you guys wore me down. I bought TSW and also got the special bonus items. I'll be pming someone for details on the gaming group here

Edit: Site made me a little wary with all the membership ads. The game does not have a monthly fee right? ><

Edit the 2nd: Site says about a different promo: "During December you can get 30% off your purchase of additional membership time.
This offer is only available until Jan 7 2013 so act now to avoid missing out. " So maybe even though the bonuses were for Dec, they also are gonna be good until Jan 7?[/QUOTE]

I listened in on all the "buy buy buy" comments and broke too. Add one more MMO to my tried list I guess. I also got the package, approx 6am CST

[quote name='DarkZero104']Let's see what I can remember/pull up here...

Shogun 2 - $2.50 briefly. Got pulled shortly into it (hence, the comparison).
DNF - Free
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Free
Amnesia - Free
AC1 - Free
GTA4 - Free
Crysis Maximum - $4
Crysis 2 - $5
DAOU + DA2 - $7
Alice Madness Returns - $2.50
Bulletstorm - $2
Dead Space 2 - $2 during sale, free during a PM.
Civ 5 (Vanilla) - $4[/QUOTE]
You missed "Dead Space 2 - Free"

[quote name='rasvelen']So apparently BF premium service is $20 after coupon. Worth it?[/QUOTE]

Yes so long as you already have BF3, Aftermath is the second best DLC after Karkand for the game, Close Quarters and Armored Kill are too focused on one direction for my liking. I can't speak for you but Aftermath is probably the second best DLC for BF3 after Karkand.

If you've enjoyed the base BF3 game, you'll enjoy the DLC's. I bought Premium for $30 and don't regret it even though I thought AK was shit due to being so spread out and focused on air warfare. But CQ for a nice change of pace, especially with Gun Master, and Aftermath's terrific maps make it a great purchase for $20.

If you didn't enjoy BF3 though just pass on it.

Best price Ive seen on BF3 premium so far, but it'd feel weird paying over twice as much for DLC as the base game.

[quote name='Detruire']You missed "Dead Space 2 - Free"[/QUOTE]

I edited it in afterwards!
Though I did forget about it. Found an old topic that was there with the sale live though, that's how I found out about that and Civ 5 vanilla for $4. A lot of those games just plain took the entire year to get to a remotely similar price and since then there's been a much more notable bundle love than we had. Don't think that's a coincidence, more of a change of business. A lot of those games didn't come in on their own. Many early ones were PMs (The Witcher I bought on the 2nd). Some game sales happened during the month OUTSIDE of the sale too (DRM free Risen first showed up in Jan) and then we had a publishers week or two towards the ending that was nuts. This however was stuff that was revealed over the course of the month, with sales that took time to hit, so any complaining right now's completely premature as it's literally been live for just a few hours (except for *maybe* Alan Wake, that game totally should be in the list). With that said, it didn't matter what category you wanted to break it down though: Indie games were free, major publisher games were free, AAA games were free. Some of these were constantly on sale through the year prior too. A lot of the retorts to the complainers also is wrong too because last year really *was* that good. If you even heard about what went down that month it only makes sense that you expect a drool-worthy CAG moment. The only fair answer right now, for both ends, is to wait and see.

Unless it's Alan Wake. Probably.

Bear in mind, this sale happened at the same time Best Buy clearanced their inventory and it was possible to get retail copies of the games for LESS than their before-coupon price. Or in Dead Space 2's case, the CE for $5. Jan was a great month overall. This is neither here nor there, just felt like adding it in as I'm also aware people have Comcast and shouldn't only look to Amazon as a result. >_>;

Different note, bit on Secret World myself. What the hell, $13 and I get some initiate bonuses that I shouldn't anymore? Sounds good to me!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals'] Example Spec Ops: The Line and The Darkness 2 will both be $2.49 after coupon on 1/2. [/QUOTE]

Now at that's a price i'll be picking up Spec Ops, i've been trying to avoid buying the game cause i already owned on the PS3 but for that price i'm in. For those interested in the game, the co-op missions can be a lot of fun too and you can finish them by yourself if you want. Unlike The Syndicate where you need atleast 2 teammates or you will get slaughtered by the AI.

Totally off topic but if The Syndicate gets to be on the promotion by the end of the month we should create a group or something, the game has 9 very well done co-op maps, i'm really surprised, tons of hours of gameplay right there.

What are the chances Dishonored shows up for $30 or less pre-coupon? Got screwed by the Gamersgate thing and want to replace it at a decent price. I traded in my barely played 360 version when they posted that they would give out new keys in Jan, but then they re$$$$ed so I lost because they lied.

[quote name='nosferatu51']What are the chances Dishonored shows up for $30 or less pre-coupon? Got screwed by the Gamersgate thing and want to replace it at a decent price. I traded in my barely played 360 version when they posted that they would give out new keys in Jan, but then they re$$$$ed so I lost because they lied.[/QUOTE]

No chance because Amazon DD does not have Zenimax titles

What happened to that Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Pack that was supposed to be on the EC list? I'm just not seeing it. That and Walking Dead were the two I was really looking forward to for this sale.

If I may add my .02, I'd like to say that I would love to see more games in the $2-$10 range (after coupon). It's just a good impulsive price point for me personally. Of course I wouldn't reasonably expect them to be the newest AAA titles or anything. Hotline Miami is a good example as is Darkness II, which is supposed to drop at some point during January (already have both though :( ). I recognize the good value on some of the higher priced games/packs but I rarely venture into that territory unless the game is high on my wishlist and an "immediate play".

That's what I'm hoping to see from the EC list in January, personally.

Bah humbug. I will never buy from GG again. I wouldn't have held it against them if they hadn't said they would get keys and then change their mind days later.

On a more positive note, Amazon is rocking it.

Bah humbug. I will never buy from GG again. I wouldn't have held it against them if they hadn't said they would get keys and then change their mind days later.

On a more positive note, Amazon is rocking it.

I'm so glad I checked this page.. held off on buying TSW because didn't want to spend the money.. was sad to be missing out on the free stuff, though.. but then checked this page, saw I could get TSW for $13 plus change AND get all the free stuff.... WOOT WOOT!!!

[quote name='hal']If I may add my .02, I'd like to say that I would love to see more games in the $2-$10 range (after coupon). It's just a good impulsive price point for me personally. Of course I wouldn't reasonably expect them to be the newest AAA titles or anything. Hotline Miami is a good example as is Darkness II, which is supposed to drop at some point during January (already have both though :( ). I recognize the good value on some of the higher priced games/packs but I rarely venture into that territory unless the game is high on my wishlist and an "immediate play".

That's what I'm hoping to see from the EC list in January, personally.[/QUOTE]

THIS, i wasn't expecting a bunch of free games but some good games on that price range. For example with Max Payne 3 going on sale i was expecting some of the other Rockstar stuff being added to the list, L.A. Noire Complete and GTA IV Complete for $2.50 each one would be awesome but those are my expectations.

I'll probably be picking up Amalur Complete for $10 and the Walking Dead if it goes for $10 or less.

[quote name='jrodri86']THIS, i wasn't expecting a bunch of free games but some good games on that price range. For example with Max Payne 3 going on sale i was expecting some of the other Rockstar stuff being added to the list, L.A. Noire Complete and GTA IV Complete for $2.50 each one would be awesome but those are my expectations.

I'll probably be picking up Amalur Complete for $10 and the Walking Dead if it goes for $10 or less.[/QUOTE]

Amalur Complete is $9.99 with the $5 credit.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Amalur does work, but is not showing up on my EC list either for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

Yeah what I posted was slightly incorrect. It works with the promo, but it's not showing up on my EC list either.

Is the "oh so fine" bundle going on the EC list? i cant bring myself to spend 7.5 bucks on it

BTW: Happy New Year! Lets hope this will be better

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Tony mentioned several of the 2K items (in the first post) would make guest appearances on the EC list. I believe he stated they'll show on the 2nd.[/QUOTE]

Have we seen a list yet for the 2K wave of games getting a sale-price slash during EC 2012?

EDIT:
Okay, I seen Spec Ops: The Line and Darkness 2 mentioned as being $2.49 each (after $5 coupons).
So....what about NBA2K13? Anything happening w/ this one?

EDIT 2:
How come this EC list on Reddit ain't on OP or post #2 in this thread?
{puzzled}

[quote name='basis']The TSW that Amazon sells doesn't activate on Steam right?[/quote]
Nope.
EA is the publisher of that game.

GMG had it for $5.xx a few weeks ago, before the game announced it was going subscription-less.
Ain't that a kick in the head!

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Lol, as has been stated previously, more stuff will be added to the list and put on promotion throughout the month. Just like last year. Example Spec Ops: The Line and The Darkness 2 will both be $2.49 after coupon on 1/2.

I just can't make mass updates because I'm getting confirmation for stuff as the month rolls on.

Cheers
Tony[/QUOTE]

I know I buy tons of games and all...
...But please put stuff on sale that I don't own already at killer prices like that! :p

BTW - if anybody is missing Spec Ops: The Line and Darkness 2 - that's an awesome deal for 2 awesome and quite depressing shooters.
I guess those buying those TWO games are buying "A Depressing Shooter" Bundle, more or less. :p
Max Payne 3 would be perfect in that club, as well... ;)

EDIT:
[quote name='asdo']@Tony any chance The Walking Dead will go back to $12.50 before coupon before jan 31?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Working on this when in the office Wednesday. No official word yet.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'd be so all over that deal!
Make it happen please!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back