Amazon PCDD $12.49 Walking Dead ($7.49 after coupon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

I'll be posting deals we're running on Digital Games (PC/Mac, Free to Play, Sony/Microsoft Points/Subs).

I'm also here to answer questions you might have, get you closer to the developers by hosting Q&As, setting up podcasts, live streaming gameplay etc. If I don't respond to a question you have in thread please send me a PM. These ping my email address and make it more likely that I will see your question and respond more quickly.

FYI. EA Games sold by Amazon will not activate on Steam.

Digital Holiday

1/5-1/12

The Walking Dead - $12.49 ($7.49 post coupon)

1/11-1/13:

Alice: Madness Returns: The Complete Collection - $11.99 pre coupon (6.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Dragon Age Pack PC - $12.99 pre-coupon ($7.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/18-1/20:

Need for Speed: The Run - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
EA Sports Classic Pack - $8.99 ($3.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Syndicate - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) - not Steam
Crysis Maximum Maximum -$17.99 ($12.99 after coupon) - not Steam

1/13-1/19:

Tantalizing THQ Medley - $11.99 pre coupon ($6.99 after coupon) - Steam

1/11-1/12:

Darksiders Franchise Pack - $13.19 before coupon ($8.19 after coupon) - Steam
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package - $12.49 pre coupon ($7.49 after coupon) - Steam

1/29-1/31:

Burning Hot Bundle - $11.99 ($6.99 after coupon)

F.A.Q.S.:

1. Does the game I'm buying from Amazon Activate on Steam/Origin/Uplay? What DRM does the game use?

There are two places to identify DRM on a digital video game detail page:

At the top of the page, below the title:

16hm7a8.png

In the "Product Description" section:

r06ykl.jpg

2. Note on Electronic Arts Games - For the most part, EA games sold on Amazon do not activate on Steam. Most activate on Origin.

3. Note on DRM with limited activations:

Our Policy

4. Sometimes I'll do giveaways.

5. I work with developers and publishers to get fun (or at least what I think is fun) content to share with you all. Here are some examples:

a. Check out the Pax Gameplay videos here: Xcom: Enemy Unknown I played Xcom with Jake, the Creative Director for the game, a few months before the game came out Also, on this page, check out the Q&A, also a community driven event.

b. Check out the interview on this page: Borderlands 2 we did this interview at E3 with Randy Pitchford this year.

c. We've partnered with the ++GoodGames Podcast to feature many of the games we carry. They talk to the developers about the game development process, how the games are conceptualized and managed, all kinds of fun stuff. I'm working on putting together full link list and will update when I have it.

What else do we sell?

Xbox Live Points and Subscriptions:

1600 Microsoft Live Points
4000 Microsoft Live Points
12 Month XBOX Live Subscription
3 Month XBOX Live Subscription]
12 Month + 1 XBOX Live Subscription

PSN+ Subscriptions and PSN Points:

$20 PSN Points
$50 PSN Points
12 Month PSN+ Subscription
3 Month PSN+ Subscription

We also have a Free-2-Play store supported by our GameConnect technology. Gameconnect allows you to link your Amazon.com account with free-2-play and MMO accounts so that you can buy things like in game currency, premium game time/subscriptions, in game items, etc. on Amazon.com using your Amazon.com payment options and have this content delivered directly into your game.

To check out the Free-2-Play games we offer you can visit our storefront here:

Free-2-Play Store

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asdo']@Tony any chance The Walking Dead will go back to $12.50 before coupon before jan 31?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
Working on this when in the office Wednesday. No official word yet.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Oh, I'd be so all over that deal!
Make it happen please!
:D

[quote name='Uplink']bah and i JUST picked up KoA before that coupon deal went live im sad now hehe[/QUOTE]

I did too, but I don't regret it, 12$ is an insane price... and you got a coupon

Just to confirm, The Secret World doesn't register on Steam, correct? I have a vague memory that, shortly after launch, Amazon did have some Steam keys for it, but I could be mis-remembering.

Definitely going to grab that sweet Dark Souls bounty, and maybe the BF3 Premium Service.

Haven't said much lately, but thanks for the deals, T-Money.

[quote name='meeko2']Is the "oh so fine" bundle going on the EC list? i cant bring myself to spend 7.5 bucks on it

BTW: Happy New Year! Lets hope this will be better[/QUOTE]

No. I was just thinking the same. I would have bought it if it had been. Alas, it is not showing compatible with the EC credits.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Amalur does work, but is not showing up on my EC list either for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Haven't bought it yet. I was burned recently by the change-over on Civ V G&K sale halfway through the 2k coupon promo (even though it ended happily when GMG gave me an even lower price), so I'm waiting to make sure KoA isn't going to get another miraculous drop mid-sale.

I did buy Hotline Miami though. $2.50 seems pretty good for a Steam version. The EC list seems... pretty barren of deals atm. Especially when the KoA Complete deal is not showing on my EC page. Odd that Saints Row The Third on the EC page does not include The Full Package imo.

I admit to being tempted by the Far Cry 3 deal. Currently matching Steam, then you can knock another $5 off. No Steam though makes me ehhhh...

If only there was a Steam version, I'd already be traipsing through the jungle painted in warpaint...

If only...

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Just to confirm, The Secret World doesn't register on Steam, correct? I have a vague memory that, shortly after launch, Amazon did have some Steam keys for it, but I could be mis-remembering.
[/QUOTE]
EA-published games bought from 3rd party distributors outside of Steam (Amazon DVG, Gamersgate, etc) DO NOT register on Steam.

[quote name='MC Kage']Just bought TSW because of this post...no idea about what half of the stuff you were talking about but yeah...lol

The Sims 3 Pack & Battlefield 3 Premium are both great deals for those that play either alot. I would spring for the BF3, if it was a month or so ago. Don't really play it much anymore.

Other games I'd target are gonna be The Walking Dead, Dark Souls, and Hotline Miami. A sale on Max Payne 3 would be enticing too but not much interest in the game or series, even with the good reviews on this one.[/QUOTE]

I just picked TSW as well and got the pack. Send me your player names when you get a chance so I can send you guys/gals friends requests.

Thanks for the info on the bonuses. It swayed my decision to buy it.

[quote name='basis']For TSW, is it tied with the EC offer?

it doesn't expire tomorrow right?[/QUOTE]

The Amazon component shouldn't expire, but considering that the free addons were supposed to expire yesterday and we are lucky to have gotten in on it, THAT may expire any moment now.

I really want to bite on TSW... BUT

1) Little time to play
2) No friend playing it
3) Never played a MMO game

I'm waiting for The Walking Dead since I saw it will be on the EC list...

[quote name='nosferatu51']The Amazon component shouldn't expire, but considering that the free addons were supposed to expire yesterday and we are lucky to have gotten in on it, THAT may expire any moment now.[/QUOTE]

Was anyone able to install and create a character and verify if you guys who got in on this deal got issue #5 for free also?

I grabbed the game from Steam yesterday so I already have it but just curious.

[quote name='juanjava']I really want to bite on TSW... BUT

1) Little time to play
2) No friend playing it
3) Never played a MMO game

I'm waiting for The Walking Dead since I saw it will be on the EC list...[/QUOTE]

There's a bunch of us CAGs playing TSW. Just sayin'.

[quote name='Motoki']There's a bunch of us CAGs playing TSW. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Is nice to read that! My wallet hates you!

Anyway... I'll use the force... must resist... temptation... huge backlog... little time... new year... need more games to calm the voices...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I was coming in here to see who would be the first person to ask about a price not being in place at 12:01AM!

As a reminder, pricing takes between 20 - 90 minutes to flip. BF Premium Service will be $24.99 sometime in that period.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Hah, wasn't complaining about it not flipping. It had been $24 hours earlier, so I was just frustrated it was suddenly back to $49 again. Glad to hear it's a sale item again.

[quote name='Motoki']Was anyone able to install and create a character and verify if you guys who got in on this deal got issue #5 for free also?

I grabbed the game from Steam yesterday so I already have it but just curious.

There's a bunch of us CAGs playing TSW. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

I'm at work right now, but I'll check once I get home and it gets installed. The ITems were definitely in my account, but I sw nothing either way about issue 5

[quote name='juanjava']Is nice to read that! My wallet hates you!

Anyway... I'll use the force... must resist... temptation... huge backlog... little time... new year... need more games to calm the voices...[/QUOTE]

You know you want to. Hit Buy and Download now!

I gave in to temptation.

[quote name='bobphone']Hah, wasn't complaining about it not flipping. It had been $24 hours earlier, so I was just frustrated it was suddenly back to $49 again. Glad to hear it's a sale item again.[/QUOTE]

Did this many people miss the BF Premium edition (base game + premium) for $25 at Best Buy right after Black Friday?

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']I was coming in here to see who would be the first person to ask about a price not being in place at 12:01AM!

As a reminder, pricing takes between 20 - 90 minutes to flip. BF Premium Service will be $24.99 sometime in that period.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]
Man why wasn't both premium service and premium edition discounted on the 26th? Had to buy premium edition when I already had the base game

[quote name='XeRoFuN']You know you want to. Hit Buy and Download now!

I gave in to temptation.[/QUOTE]

I really want to. REALLY. But I KNOW I won't be playing it soon... maybe 3 months from now... even more

[quote name='nosferatu51']Did this many people miss the BF Premium edition (base game + premium) for $25 at Best Buy right after Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

Most of us have had BF3 for 15 months now.

[quote name='bobphone']Most of us have had BF3 for 15 months now.[/QUOTE]

I bought it BF3 (base game) back a bit ago, when it was $10 on Origin.
IIRC - I think that was around BF's 10th anniversary or something.

[quote name='nosferatu51']I'm at work right now, but I'll check once I get home and it gets installed. The ITems were definitely in my account, but I sw nothing either way about issue 5[/QUOTE]

Just for reference, the way I found it was going to the item store and looking under the category Boosts, but you can't do that (AFAIK) until you create a character in game.

Magazine 5 should show under boosts either way but if you got it for free it should show with a price of 0 coins.

@ Tony There are alot of people who would like to pick up Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam, in the past Steam codes could be provided for certain games (Bioshock Pack for example). What are the chances of Amazon being able to provide a Steam code version for Kingdoms of Amalur. THAT would sell like wildfire.

Bah knew I should have stayed up later and tried for the Bioshock bundle for free.

Ohs well, you win some and you lose some.

8 coupons. Probably pick up a 2k pack or two tomorrow, Dark Souls, and maybe Darkness 2 if I don't get it in a 2k pack. Mass Effect 3 is a possibility as well. Have to play the rest by ear depending on how deals change and what items get added.

Ahhhh! TSW client d/l speed is slow (jumps between under 2 hours to 15 hours. Lol). Everyone that bought it on Amazon slowing it down? :)

[quote name='basis']For TSW, is it tied with the EC offer?

it doesn't expire tomorrow right?[/QUOTE]

Tony's answer...

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']
It ends tomorrow (1/2 PST) so at 12:01AM on 1/3 (PST) it won't be $17.99 anymore.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

[quote name='walkonshadows']@ Tony There are alot of people who would like to pick up Kingdoms of Amalur on Steam, in the past Steam codes could be provided for certain games (Bioshock Pack for example). What are the chances of Amazon being able to provide a Steam code version for Kingdoms of Amalur. THAT would sell like wildfire.[/QUOTE]

I would say there is no chance right now until the rights for it get sold off.

[quote name='XeRoFuN']Ahhhh! TSW client d/l speed is slow (jumps between under 2 hours to 15 hours. Lol). Everyone that bought it on Amazon slowing it down? :)[/QUOTE]

Amazon's DL speeds are notoriously not great. Sometime they are just average to downright bleh. No where near Steam speeds, but still way faster than Origin typically.

[quote name='walkonshadows']What are the chances of Amazon being able to provide a Steam code version for Kingdoms of Amalur.[/QUOTE]
EA has the non-Steam publishing rights so I'm guessing zero.

38 Studios, now better known as "The State of Rhode Island", has the exclusive rights to sell through Steam. There are no retail Steam versions of KoA.

Slim pickings on EC, eh. I want BF premium for PC, but Ive already spent enough on that game.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Amazon's DL speeds are notoriously not great. Sometime they are just average to downright bleh. No where near Steam speeds, but still way faster than Origin typically.[/QUOTE]

Can you actually still download the TSW client from Funcom themselves?
It's definitely how I did it w/ the TSW Beta.

EDIT:
Good call, Realwords.
I thought so:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10346123&postcount=14522
[quote name='realwords']Don't download The Secret World through Amazon's servers, do it through Funcom's.

After you register your key with Funcom, use this to download:
http://cdn.funcom.com/tsw/live/setup.exe[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tolyngee']Here's how I see the current deals as of right now as compared to around the internet this holiday season:

Sims 3 pack $45 - Steal
Battlefield 3 Premium Service $20 - best price I've heard of
Far Cry 3 $32 - almost best price I've heard of (not sure I trust the one that was slightly cheaper)
Dark Souls $13 - sounds good, dunno if cheapest
Hotline Miami $2.50 - that's got to be the cheapest?
Xcom $32 - think GMG or someone had it cheaper
TSW $13 - haven't paid attn, but ppl are saying BUY BUY BUY
ME3 Deluxe $15 - slightly disappt, think Gamefly had it for $12 for BF
KoA Complete $10 - cheapest I know of

Not criticizing or cheering, just stating my own observation based on what I know past 5 weeks or so...[/QUOTE]

Hi, first, happy new year to all of you! I just woke up and found that "Amazon.com 2012 Editor's Choice Games" prices and variety are lackluster. You see, all those prices you put there are not better than any other sale I've seen on this holidays (or previous sale) except XCOM, Hotline Miami and Dark Souls (and of course I have them all from previuos preorder or sales) and prices are not good enough to gift or have second copies.

I thought we were having a similar or better experience like past year were every day from december was a purchase, and I got several games for free on January. This holidays I've spent less than $50 bucks on sales including Amazon, Steam, Gamersgate, GMG. Steam sales sucked so hard... I just hope that Tony sees this and put more games at really aggresive prices just to take us the little money we have in our banks. I feel like they are taking care of our wallets.

Thanks Tony for your presence here, its really appreciated!

[quote name='realwords']Don't download The Secret World through Amazon's servers, do it through Funcom's.

After you register your key with Funcom, use this to download:
http://cdn.funcom.com/tsw/live/setup.exe[/QUOTE]

Yup...that's what I did. It's at 1.71MB/s now, but goes down to 300KB/s to a max of ~3.10MB/s. Now at 800KB/s. I think it will be done tomorrow. :(

Edit: After some research, I ended up closing the client d/l and restarted it. Now I'm at a pretty steady 1.5MB/s (but it had to start over)...better than it jumping around though.

[quote name='Mooby']Meh, you're just a spoiled brat who should probably be spending more time on the beach of your current location than whining on an internet forum. But to each their own. Feedback is one thing but your complaints are nonsensical and expectations moronic. That said, you aren't worth another second's consideration.[/QUOTE]

Classy, as usual.

[quote name='ochentay4']Hi, first, happy new year to all of you! I just woke up and found that "Amazon.com 2012 Editor's Choice Games" prices and variety are lackluster. You see, all those prices you put there are not better than any other sale I've seen on this holidays (or previous sale) except XCOM, Hotline Miami and Dark Souls (and of course I have them all from previuos preorder or sales) and prices are not good enough to gift or have second copies.[/QUOTE]
Coupons are good all month. Note the games you'd like if they go on a "real" discount and play the waiting game.

like most CAGs I have almost everything I want from the current editor's choice list, however I'm hoping for XCOM and War of the Roses to hit 50% off at some point in January

[quote name='LazyTriangle']like most CAGs I have almost everything I want from the current editor's choice list, however I'm hoping for... [/QUOTE]

Same. I now only have 4 things left on my "to buy" list and Amazon only carries 2. Of which I doubt I'll see one hit my price point (FC3) and the other I'm hoping will come back on sale (not necessarily EC) because I'm kicking myself for not getting it earlier (Syndicate).

Edit: Though I am keeping an open mind to any potential impulse buys. :)

Originally Posted by Tolyngee
Here's how I see the current deals as of right now as compared to around the internet this holiday season:

Sims 3 pack $45 - Steal
Battlefield 3 Premium Service $20 - best price I've heard of
Far Cry 3 $32 - almost best price I've heard of (not sure I trust the one that was slightly cheaper)
Dark Souls $13 - sounds good, dunno if cheapest
Hotline Miami $2.50 - that's got to be the cheapest?
Xcom $32 - think GMG or someone had it cheaper
TSW $13 - haven't paid attn, but ppl are saying BUY BUY BUY
ME3 Deluxe $15 - slightly disappt, think Gamefly had it for $12 for BF
KoA Complete $10 - cheapest I know of

Not criticizing or cheering, just stating my own observation based on what I know past 5 weeks or so...
I think that's the cheapest I've seen Dark Souls: PTD.

XCom: EU (2012 version by Firaxis) was cheaper on GMG, yes - $17.50 after the sale price + 30% off coupon.
TSW was $5.xx a few ago on GMG, BEFORE subscription fee got removed. :( Probably won't see that again, since the sub-fee is now gone.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']well it looks like we'll get XCOM for 50% off after all, straight from Tony himself via reddit. Borderlands 2 and NBA 2K13 will be 50% off too.[/QUOTE]

Why is this stuff not mentioned in THIS CAG Thread in the OP or 2nd post?
Why do I gotta dig on Reddit's site to find this EC 2012 info?

{Bookmarks Reddit page}

[quote name='Motoki']Was anyone able to install and create a character and verify if you guys who got in on this deal got issue #5 for free also?[/QUOTE]

Just made a character and checked the item shop. I can confirm I got issue #5 for free after purchasing it from Amazon today.

[quote name='MysterD']Why is this stuff not mentioned in THIS CAG Thread in the OP or 2nd post?
Why do I gotta dig on Reddit's site to find this EC 2012 info?

{Bookmarks Reddit page}[/QUOTE]

Wonder if Tony has some help posting to his reddit account? He did mention that he was planning on updating the OP yesterday, but then later he mentioned he was ill, so I guess it just got forgotten about.

Edit: Or maybe the overly negative vibe in this thread for the past week or so has just kept him away more than usual. (It would for me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back